Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4930673 times)

Skallex

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #9400 on: 2020-05-08 17:07:58 »
Allright so I encountered a bug. I finished a Special Battle at Gold Saucer with Cid as leader + Barret and Cloud, and when the battle was over Cloud was gone from the party, which means I'll have to leave the arena to fetch him and lose my points. No biggie, it was only one battle, but I thought it might be significant enough to mention :)

BTW while I'm at it, it has happened many times now that Clouds Meteostrike does between 1 and 20 points of damage per meteor, against mobs and bosses with low defense.

*Meteorain, sorry

I left the Battle Arena and was not able to move Cloud nor Tifa in to the party again. Did a soft reset to load in my last save, gonna switch back to Cloud as leader, guessing that will fix the issue hehe.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9401 on: 2020-05-08 20:31:55 »
I'm still having problems with the Supershot ST.  I installed the May 3rd mod, and the chest shows up, but I still can't open it.

All right, Plan B time.

Allright so I encountered a bug. I finished a Special Battle at Gold Saucer with Cid as leader + Barret and Cloud, and when the battle was over Cloud was gone from the party, which means I'll have to leave the arena to fetch him and lose my points. No biggie, it was only one battle, but I thought it might be significant enough to mention :)

BTW while I'm at it, it has happened many times now that Clouds Meteostrike does between 1 and 20 points of damage per meteor, against mobs and bosses with low defense.

I'll see what I can do about the battle square.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9402 on: 2020-05-09 00:36:43 »
All right:

1) One of Bizarro's attacks was reportedly causing a hard lock (an alternative version of his physical attack). I've changed its animation to be on the safe side.

2) Added checks to add Cloud back to the party once Battle Square is done with a different party leader; the checks to re-add him weren't there.

3) Another attempt at the Supershot ST chest; I've changed the variable on the chest to something new to rule out possibility of the var having been repurposed for something else.

Installer
https://mega.nz/file/7hdmxCrZ#QoAuBLrUg-rXEcz4o1Iq7-4vK_-SsKxQTCavBM2StDI

IRO
https://mega.nz/file/isVCwSBb#9xQN4CAVXNrpFWekrpFmcJUWbM74G_HFn68Smay3Xt4

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9403 on: 2020-05-09 00:48:13 »
Had the same issue, then I disabled the Field Textures and Spell Textures in 7th Heaven and the crashing stopped. In case you like me have a lot of mods going.

I'm going to try this, thanks for the suggestiion :)

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9404 on: 2020-05-09 00:51:58 »
That's to do with 7h; high-res texture mods exacerbate the issue as the driver runs out memory.

Had the same issue, then I disabled the Field Textures and Spell Textures in 7th Heaven and the crashing stopped. In case you like me have a lot of mods going.

This is how I'm running it atm:

Skallex

• View Profile
« Reply #9405 on: 2020-05-09 07:30:34 »
This is how I'm running it atm:

These are mine, no crashing. Had a crash every few hours before.

All right:

1) One of Bizarro's attacks was reportedly causing a hard lock (an alternative version of his physical attack). I've changed its animation to be on the safe side.

2) Added checks to add Cloud back to the party once Battle Square is done with a different party leader; the checks to re-add him weren't there.

3) Another attempt at the Supershot ST chest; I've changed the variable on the chest to something new to rule out possibility of the var having been repurposed for something else.

Installer
https://mega.nz/file/7hdmxCrZ#QoAuBLrUg-rXEcz4o1Iq7-4vK_-SsKxQTCavBM2StDI

IRO
https://mega.nz/file/isVCwSBb#9xQN4CAVXNrpFWekrpFmcJUWbM74G_HFn68Smay3Xt4

Thank you for your hard work!
« Last Edit: 2020-05-09 07:34:50 by Skallex »

thunderbreak

• View Profile
« Reply #9406 on: 2020-05-09 09:34:16 »
Hey just beat the whole mod today, amazing work I must say. Thank you for your work and dedication.

My reason to install this mod is for Aerith. And I'm happy to say that I'm not the least bit disappointed, I was fully expecting her to just be a log on the team, but you actually integrated her as much as you can, and the airship motion sickness is a great touch lol. I do wish there was something for the Icicle Village when we watched the videos in her parent's house if she's on the team. But I'm very grateful for what I got.

There are a few things I run into towards the end I thought I should bring to your attention.

I did quite a bit of grinding and filled up my materia inventory before going to Dark Cave. Once I entered the Dark Cave, materias were automatically unequipped from characters. And all the materias I equipped on the characters were gone. I had to go back to grind for most of them. Please consider giving an option to the player to unequip the materias or keep them on, or at least a warning to players that they may lose their materias.

And I saved right before the Sephiroth Safer fight, so I'm stuck right before the last boss fight and can't go anywhere else, am I missing something or this is by design? Any chance for a post ending save and bring the player back to the surface?

TheOppressed

• View Profile
« Reply #9407 on: 2020-05-09 11:07:56 »

Mystery solved for that cursed chest! Thanks for your work, really appreciate these updates.

SeveronSylvanas

• View Profile
« Reply #9408 on: 2020-05-09 19:16:18 »
Hi.

I was going through a playthrough of 1.5 sometime last year and have decided to start a fresh new game, updating the mod before hand. But it seems this 1.5 has quite a fair few differences I've noticed since the last version of 1.5 and I haven't been able to find a change log to get the answer to this question.

I'm currently at the Wutai Pagoda and I got nothing when I morphed Shake. I'm following the enemy item spreadsheet found in the documentation but I'm guessing this is now quite outdated?
Has the Sprint Shoes been removed from Shake? Also, I assume that Chekov is actually still unmorphable due to the fact you can't deal any physical damage. The spreadsheet says she drops a Wizard Bracelet.

I'm a bit of a completionist so I'm hesitant to continue on with the game until I know for certain that I'm not going to miss out on items. (I'm aware that they can be picked up later but I like to obtain items at the very earliest opportunity)

eaglemind02

• View Profile
« Reply #9409 on: 2020-05-09 21:08:10 »
Hello there
I'm testing the randomizer sources and it's obvious than some one else report you that micro error bit anyone notice that, mister smile give you 25 source per 5 add to the original 5 of all stats so it actually broke the game very hardly 😂 i figure it out there is Soon a patch to correct that ?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9410 on: 2020-05-09 22:07:55 »
Hey just beat the whole mod today, amazing work I must say. Thank you for your work and dedication.

My reason to install this mod is for Aerith. And I'm happy to say that I'm not the least bit disappointed, I was fully expecting her to just be a log on the team, but you actually integrated her as much as you can, and the airship motion sickness is a great touch lol. I do wish there was something for the Icicle Village when we watched the videos in her parent's house if she's on the team. But I'm very grateful for what I got.

There are a few things I run into towards the end I thought I should bring to your attention.

I did quite a bit of grinding and filled up my materia inventory before going to Dark Cave. Once I entered the Dark Cave, materias were automatically unequipped from characters. And all the materias I equipped on the characters were gone. I had to go back to grind for most of them. Please consider giving an option to the player to unequip the materias or keep them on, or at least a warning to players that they may lose their materias.

And I saved right before the Sephiroth Safer fight, so I'm stuck right before the last boss fight and can't go anywhere else, am I missing something or this is by design? Any chance for a post ending save and bring the player back to the surface?

You should avoid single-slotting your playthrough as it can lead to problems like this; you can get out of there though if you use a save editor and set the Game Moment variable to 1998 (in your file, it will be 1999). The problem with a post-save is that the ending is hardcoded to close the client once it's finished but I just thought of a way to get around that while typing this, so I'll see about adding that for the next patch, along with getting rid of the unequip all.

Hi.

I was going through a playthrough of 1.5 sometime last year and have decided to start a fresh new game, updating the mod before hand. But it seems this 1.5 has quite a fair few differences I've noticed since the last version of 1.5 and I haven't been able to find a change log to get the answer to this question.

I'm currently at the Wutai Pagoda and I got nothing when I morphed Shake. I'm following the enemy item spreadsheet found in the documentation but I'm guessing this is now quite outdated?
Has the Sprint Shoes been removed from Shake? Also, I assume that Chekov is actually still unmorphable due to the fact you can't deal any physical damage. The spreadsheet says she drops a Wizard Bracelet.

I'm a bit of a completionist so I'm hesitant to continue on with the game until I know for certain that I'm not going to miss out on items. (I'm aware that they can be picked up later but I like to obtain items at the very earliest opportunity)

Looks like all the Pagoda Morphs have been removed, with the exception of Godo who Morphs into a Curse Ring. Likely done due to the nature of those battles making it impossible to get them. I checked the data; spreadsheet is slightly out of date on that.

Hello there
I'm testing the randomizer sources and it's obvious than some one else report you that micro error bit anyone notice that, mister smile give you 25 source per 5 add to the original 5 of all stats so it actually broke the game very hardly 😂 i figure it out there is Soon a patch to correct that ?

I'll check it.

Hugin

• View Profile
« Reply #9411 on: 2020-05-10 08:10:00 »
Not sure if it's been mentioned before (and not sure of the best way to search the 377 pages of posts) but Midgar save points don't allow you to access Mr. Smile when you come back after defeating Diamond Weapon. (Specifically, in the slums when entering through the gate using the key you find in Bone Village, as well as in Shinra tower)
« Last Edit: 2020-05-10 11:15:20 by Hugin »

Hugin

• View Profile
« Reply #9412 on: 2020-05-10 08:21:45 »
Also, another tiny issue:

Spoiler: Contains FF7 Story Spoilers! • show
Also, Aeris is showing up after parachuting into Midgar, even though I've configured her as "dead" with the New Threat config dude on the Highwind in this
scene:

Manadork

• View Profile
« Reply #9413 on: 2020-05-10 09:37:14 »
I thought the Diamond Match in the Gold Saucer was literally impossible but I finally got it! Dear lord that fight lol.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9414 on: 2020-05-10 14:24:20 »
Not sure if it's been mentioned before (and not sure of the best way to search the 377 pages of posts) but Midgar save points don't allow you to access Mr. Smile when you come back after defeating Diamond Weapon. (Specifically, in the slums when entering through the gate using the key you find in Bone Village, as well as in Shinra tower)

I could add a toggle so that it has the options later, but it's a pain in the ass low priority.

Also, another tiny issue:

Spoiler: Contains FF7 Story Spoilers! • show
Also, Aeris is showing up after parachuting into Midgar, even though I've configured her as "dead" with the New Threat config dude on the Highwind in this
scene:

Nice image name; will sort that out.

I thought the Diamond Match in the Gold Saucer was literally impossible but I finally got it! Dear lord that fight lol.

Congrats.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9415 on: 2020-05-10 15:13:24 »
So this update has the following:

1) Controller Icons: I've replaced the PC-based text button prompts with controller icons. These use the Reunion (R06) set by default (PSX style). I'll need someone to test this as my 7h is currently broken and I'm not convinced I've got the file structure right for it. ESUI's XBOX buttons should also work with it as they use the same symbols.

2) Midgar Raid, zombie removed.

3) Randomiser Rank Up Sources fixed to intended amounts.

Installer
https://mega.nz/file/K0kwTaTL#12FBQzBlnOz37CBF8256ekGwBEToZ4mhW2RlWI5fZY8

IRO
Pending Update to ESUI; stick with the IRO for May 9th for now.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-10 22:25:13 by Sega Chief »

Hugin

• View Profile
« Reply #9416 on: 2020-05-10 17:42:47 »
Something doesn't seem to be working right between ESUI and NT for me. I've tried both the latest release direct from Chrysalis and the one from the Qhimm catalog User Interface pack. I've tried a few different load orders. I've tried changing to Xbox buttons instead of PSX buttons. Nothing seems to be working.

Buttons display fine in the controller config screen of the menu, but not in any field dialogs. In addition, if I completely disable ESUI, the NT dialogs actually show the buttons just fine. Not sure where the disconnect is here.

Spoiler: Pics • show

Highwind Controls

Save Point Menu

Controller Config Menu

ESUI Disabled

cjmstate

• View Profile
« Reply #9417 on: 2020-05-10 18:57:33 »
So this update has the following:

1) Controller Icons: I've replaced the PC-based text button prompts with controller icons. These use the Reunion (R06) set by default (PSX style). I'll need someone to test this as my 7h is currently broken and I'm not convinced I've got the file structure right for it. ESUI's XBOX buttons should also work with it as they use the same symbols.

2) Midgar Raid, zombie removed.

3) Randomiser Rank Up Sources fixed to intended amounts.

Installer
https://mega.nz/file/K0kwTaTL#12FBQzBlnOz37CBF8256ekGwBEToZ4mhW2RlWI5fZY8

IRO
https://mega.nz/file/H91mAKyT#K4DZkIKvh92FLWvSad2Ja3WP4ndYJs0tZvrKZ6zGMIw

Controller icons are invisible now in my menus. Is there a way to flip back to the old option?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9418 on: 2020-05-10 20:47:24 »
Something doesn't seem to be working right between ESUI and NT for me. I've tried both the latest release direct from Chrysalis and the one from the Qhimm catalog User Interface pack. I've tried a few different load orders. I've tried changing to Xbox buttons instead of PSX buttons. Nothing seems to be working.

Buttons display fine in the controller config screen of the menu, but not in any field dialogs. In addition, if I completely disable ESUI, the NT dialogs actually show the buttons just fine. Not sure where the disconnect is here.
[/spoiler]

Controller icons are invisible now in my menus. Is there a way to flip back to the old option?

Still figuring things out; the download from the main thread is still the pre-patch ones so can use those in the meantime. I suspect first thing is that the IRO doesn't have a valid folder path so I'm going to try a different way next.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9419 on: 2020-05-10 20:56:02 »
Edit: Found issue
« Last Edit: 2020-05-10 22:24:39 by Sega Chief »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9420 on: 2020-05-10 22:24:10 »
Right, it's sorted now but will need to wait for an ESUI update as I added colour-codes to the buttons for the default sheet which ESUI doesn't have sheets for, so Chrysalis is kindly adding some duplicate sheets to cover this. When ESUI updates with this, I'll put the IRO out. For now, the IRO from 9th May will stay as the current IRO.

Dan297na

• View Profile
« Reply #9421 on: 2020-05-10 23:38:38 »
The SuperShot ST chest works for me now, thanks. 
Can you tell me where to find the Heaven's Cloud?  The txt file says morph them from Iron Man's but I cant find them anywhere.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9422 on: 2020-05-10 23:55:06 »
The SuperShot ST chest works for me now, thanks. 
Can you tell me where to find the Heaven's Cloud?  The txt file says morph them from Iron Man's but I cant find them anywhere.

You can find Iron Giants on the last screen of the left-down path, I added them there.

cjmstate

• View Profile
« Reply #9423 on: 2020-05-11 01:23:29 »
Right, it's sorted now but will need to wait for an ESUI update as I added colour-codes to the buttons for the default sheet which ESUI doesn't have sheets for, so Chrysalis is kindly adding some duplicate sheets to cover this. When ESUI updates with this, I'll put the IRO out. For now, the IRO from 9th May will stay as the current IRO.

You're a GD saint, sir.

Just an FYI but encountered a very strange bug the other day on the first visit to Cosmo Canyon. Cloud runs in a solo party right before you meet Bugenhagen for the first time. I did a rank up at that time, and accidentally did "PHS" which then forced me to create a 3 person party. This must have thrown off the game because Bugenhagen was already in the observatory during that first cut scene when Red introduces you. He even said his line for later "come on in.. the door is unlocked". Seemed strange at first but the dialogue still goes and then the game seems to proceed as normal. However, when you return again to watch the planetarium, the FMV gets all jacked up and the game does not advance. I eventually just loaded an old save and it worked. Not a huge deal but just thought you might want to know.

Drake Comet

• View Profile
« Reply #9424 on: 2020-05-11 02:33:26 »
Hello, right now I am trying to get the best weapons for each character but I cannot not get Barret Max Ray weapon from the Armored Golem. I tired Morph, Steal, and letting it drop but for some reason it does not drop.