Author Topic: [FF7PC][Tsunamods] Cosmo Memory: Complete Sound Overhaul  (Read 47462 times)

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC][Tsunamods] Cosmo Memory: Complete Sound Overhaul
« Reply #75 on: 2023-08-30 06:59:12 »
Is there a way to extract this to use the voiced attacks/grunts ONLY? Would love to try to that out to keep it closer to the Vanilla experience.

Use echo-s and turn the voice layer down.

Final_Figue

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2023-09-10 01:13:07 »
Hello Bonez.

This is not an issue, only a request if its posible: I´m playing New Threat 2.0 and everything is fine, but Aeris voice changed on disc2 for Barret, I asume that this mode is made for the original game. Could be posible an update for N.T.? And what about the phrases during battle ("I´m not interested"), could be posible to add them, too?

Well, thank you for reading me and for your mod, too.

* Sorry for my poor english.

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2023-09-11 12:15:48 »
Hello Bonez.

This is not an issue, only a request if its posible: I´m playing New Threat 2.0 and everything is fine, but Aeris voice changed on disc2 for Barret, I asume that this mode is made for the original game. Could be posible an update for N.T.? And what about the phrases during battle ("I´m not interested"), could be posible to add them, too?

Well, thank you for reading me and for your mod, too.

* Sorry for my poor english.

Are you talking about their battle grunts? You're hearing aerith shoot barret's gun and use his grunt?

Or are you talking about when Aerith uses Cid's weapon and she uses Cid's voice? If that's what you're talking about, yeah I'm aware. The sounds are tied to the weapons, not the characters. I have a way to fix it, I just haven't gotten around to it.
« Last Edit: 2023-09-11 12:20:30 by Bonez »

Final_Figue

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2023-09-12 21:35:19 »
Hello Bonez.

I was testing a file of a past gameplay to send it to you, but the problem It wasn´t there anymore, you update your mod, right? Indeed, It was her grunt, she used Barret´s.

I´ll continue testing the game, thank you so much again for your mod.

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2023-09-13 06:21:08 »
It's straight up impossible for Aerith to use Barret's grunt because she doesn't use a gun. you had to be hearing Cid's

Final_Figue

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2023-09-16 16:13:37 »
you had to be hearing Cid's

Indeed, you´re right, my mistake.

Tifa

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2023-09-17 08:12:18 »
Hello, i've been using the mods and so far most of them are simply fantastic. There's one thing that let me a bit unsatisfied with the [Tsunamods]Cosmo Memory mod though, which is that i'm unable to select if i want or not the changed sound effects. I can see that there's the possibility to enable or disable battle grunts as example and others stuff but there's no option to disable the changed SFX that comes with this Mod. Maybe a little update could solve it?I'd love keeping the battle grunts enabled which in fact i do, but also having the possiblility to keep the original SFX would be nice. I saw that the battle grunts are the same coming from the echo-s mod as well. I'm wondering if its possible also taking the battle lines from that mod(?) I think it would be good having those options.
« Last Edit: 2023-09-17 08:14:30 by Tifa »

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2023-09-17 10:15:21 »
Surprisingly, you can't turn off the replacement sound effects in the sound effect replacement mod.

No. There are several technical reasons for why. Among which; it's impossible to use the stock engine for some sounds and the new engine for others. It's all one way or the other. Also few of the fields have a stock ambience, so if you did use the vanilla sounds, you'd have some fields with super high def ambience and some with crushed midi ambience. There are several areas in the game where doing this would be very awkward or be outright cringe. Secondly, I don't want a hodgepodge mod where you'd have real recordings of birds etc. and all the other battle sfx are staticy-midi... But most importantly, Cosmo Memory is a sfx replacement mod for the 724 vanilla sounds first and foremost. The other features like ambience, footsteps, etc. are just bells and whistles to go on top of them.
« Last Edit: 2023-09-17 10:19:09 by Bonez »

noteworthycamp

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2023-09-18 22:19:02 »
hello. new member here. first of thank you so much for this incredible work. second, i want to report that i got a presumably insignificant bug here. so apparently whenever the mod intro plays, the game gets slow down quite abit, resulting in choppy sounds. i dont know if the problem comes from the mod or actually from my device. a pretty insignificant one so far. it only happens when you bootup the game and the mod intro plays. anything else working properly. i have tried disabling other mods, but nothing change

btw, i use both of the canary build.

yomaus

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2023-11-04 03:03:44 »
Heloo, found a bug on the submarine minigame, the game get stuck with an endles sound of warnings, even after ending the game the sound is stuck, it goes away only after reseting. Im using last update of stable or canary FFNX 1.16 and 7thHeaven 3.2.0.0. And some other mods like NT 2.0. Byee.
« Last Edit: 2023-11-04 03:10:14 by yomaus »

keanumonty104

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2024-01-14 12:05:42 »
Can you tell me what im doing wrong here? i installed 7th heaven and using canary channel for both that and ffnx , all other mods are working but when i download and enable the cosmo memory mod i get no sound, please help

exitwounds85

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2024-02-10 23:32:22 »
Can you tell me what im doing wrong here? i installed 7th heaven and using canary channel for both that and ffnx , all other mods are working but when i download and enable the cosmo memory mod i get no sound, please help

just did the same...then i noticed my pc was trying to use my ps4 controller for the sound device instead of my headset.

toratan

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2024-03-05 02:09:09 »
Hi, thank you for the wonderful mod.

I personally prefer not to have the added ambience everywhere but there is an issue when disabling that. The background noise in the truck during the kalm flashback is absent. I realise it is technically ambient sound, but I believe it could more accurately be characterised as a necessary sfx for this scene. Would it be possible to have two options? one option for disabling additional ambience and an option for disabling all ambience including those sequences that had ambient sounds in the original game.

ValentDs

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2024-03-17 18:52:38 »
can we have the max only version? i love the footstep and ambience, but i want the OG sound effects during battle, is that version who can do that?

kanelakis

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2024-03-21 17:02:14 »

Formerly known as "Bonez' Sound Effect Suite". Cosmo Memory uses the new FFNx SFX engine and is an entirely new mod rebuilt from the ground up with a ton of new features. This project started out in 2018 as a little mod to just replace the FF7 menu sounds with the menu sounds from FFXIII. Since that time, it has evolved into something far more... After following the community and modding the game for several years, I noticed the graphical and musical mods were growing and advancing but the sound effects department was totally stalled. I mean, it's an entire 1/3 of what your senses are taking in, along side the visuals and music! I wanted something to match the beautiful/advanced graphical and musical mods provided by the very talented authors/creators of this community... So, I present to you Cosmo Memory: A Complete Sound Overhaul.

Features:
  • Replaces/updates all 724 original sound effects including battle, magic, enemy skills, limit breaks, summons, world
  • NEW Ambient sounds for every field and battle scene in the game
  • Ground-conditional footstep sound effects for every field and world map
  • Replaces all sound effects in cutscene videos (Compatible with any FMV video)
  • Voiced attacks or "grunts" for all party members
  • Shuffled battle impact sounds as well as other select sounds randomly so you never hear the same exact sound twice in a row
  • 3 selectable menu sound sets
  • Complete compatibility with New Threat, Echo-S and any other mod
  • Each feature is optional

Launch Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt0GRSb8KcA

IMPORTANT
-This mod REQUIRES 7th Heaven 2.4+ and FFNx 1.11+
You can download the latest 7th Heaven here : https://github.com/tsunamods-codes/7th-Heaven/releases/tag/canary

-For best experience, use headphones and set music volume to ~60%

FAQ
Will you add the option to/Can I turn off the replaced sfx?
Spoiler: show
No. There are several technical reasons for why. I won't go into all of them, but among which; it's impossible to use the stock engine for some sounds and the new engine for others. It's all one way or the other. If you were to "just stick on the ambience", then the new engine would be used for the ambience and you'd get no other sfx at all. Also a few of the fields have a stock ambience, so if you did import the vanilla sounds to the new engine, you'd have some fields with super high def ambience and some with crushed midi vanilla ambience. There are several areas in the game where doing this would be very awkward or be outright cringe. Some people suggest to change everything except battle sounds. The thing about that is many, many sounds are reused throughout the game. Just one example, a wave sound: The wave sound may be used in battle for the sewer monster, or Leviathan, but also used near the ocean. So, when you're near the ocean you'd suddenly hear midi waves next to HD sounds. This happens with probably half of the sounds in the game. There is also dealing with the complexities the mod adds like shuffled melee sounds. Setting up contingencies for if replaced battle sounds are off would compound those complexities. Which leads me to my second reason - I just don't want a hodgepodge mod where you'd have real recordings of birds etc. clashing against staticy-midi battle sounds. This was the problem with previous incomplete sfx mods for FF7. They only changed a hand full of battle sounds, which clashed against other battle sounds immediately surrounding them... Which leads me to most importantly; Cosmo Memory is a sfx replacement mod for the 724 vanilla sounds first and foremost. Identifying and making and editing and replacing them took 2 years to complete. That is the entire purpose of the mod - to update everything. The same way Nino replaces every model in the game, the same way SYW updates every field in the game, and the same way any music mod replaces every song in the game. The other features like ambience, footsteps, etc. were just last minute bells and whistles to go on top of them thrown in during the final couple weeks of development.

Most of the FF7 modder's philosophies are to provide the remake everyone really wanted. If Square had made the 1:1 remake, they wouldn't have used those original sounds...

Special Thanks:
TrueOdin - the FFNx sound engine
vertex2995 - world map footsteps

Download Cosmo Memory HERE Size: 350MB

If you enjoy the mod, consider a little something for the many many hours it took to put this together: Donate Here

Hi dear, your cosmo memory mod is fabulous, I would like to ask you something, is it possible to restore only the sound of the limit break, because I like the original more, even if it is a separate mod that I can add without it conflicting with the mod itself, let me know.

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2024-03-22 06:28:06 »
Hi dear, your cosmo memory mod is fabulous, I would like to ask you something, is it possible to restore only the sound of the limit break, because I like the original more, even if it is a separate mod that I can add without it conflicting with the mod itself, let me know.

I've been taking a bit of a break to play through Rebirth. Once I'm finished, I'm going to complete this ESUI theme project I've been working on, but once I'm finished with that I'm going back to CM and go through some sounds and try making some of the more iconic sounds more similar to their old sound. The limit break sound in particular is one that comes up often and I have a new replacement for it to give you an idea of what I'm trying to do with them.

OG
https://voca.ro/1ctSTEvUqd1v

Old CM
https://voca.ro/13Eb9gCJuhab

New CM
https://voca.ro/1byj1yjhqahc

kanelakis

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2024-03-22 16:36:42 »
I've been taking a bit of a break to play through Rebirth. Once I'm finished, I'm going to complete this ESUI theme project I've been working on, but once I'm finished with that I'm going back to CM and go through some sounds and try making some of the more iconic sounds more similar to their old sound. The limit break sound in particular is one that comes up often and I have a new replacement for it to give you an idea of what I'm trying to do with them.

OG

Old CM
https://voca.ro/13Eb9gCJuhab

New CM
https://voca.ro/1byj1yjhqahc

This is perfect:
OG
How can I put it in 7th Heaven?

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2024-03-23 00:33:23 »
It's the "New CM" one that's going in.

kanelakis

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2024-03-24 20:54:50 »
It's the "New CM" one that's going in.
So it's not possible to put it separately within the mod itself,if one wants to leave the sound of the limit unchanged?

ValentDs

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2024-03-25 08:26:29 »
we'll wait the end of rebirth then, but there's no option to have all sound effects from battle exactly like the original (magic, sword, limit, all) but all the footsteps environment sounds outside battle?