Miscellaneous Forums > Graphical

[WIP] APZ's New Canon Cloud

(1/64) > >>

apz freak:

--Hello folks! A long time ago I released a Cloud that was apparently so popular that it's still insanely easy to find using Google search. It was downloaded over 4000 times (on my Filefront Account) and it contained a dirty secret in that the face texture was not painted by me. Lazy I know... Anyways, that was the first time I fully modeled and textured a character. Pretty good track record for a first attempt huh? Now if only everything I did could be that popular! Well... I feel like I owe it to you guys to make a better one. Plus it'll be fun for me!

--The concept or idea is to recreate the Cloud from the PS3 tech demo and Crisis Core's Secret Ending. There are a few images of this Cloud around but we don't get to see all of him at once, so this is my attempt to piece together what a possible remake might look like if they keep this new stylistic continuity. Like this:

--Here are some artworks showing my concept and the scale drawing I made to help me get the proportions correct:

--Here's some completed work:

--Can't wait for New Canon Cloud? Here's good old fashion APZ Cloud for your enjoyment!

click the image to go to the Game Front download link.

Desktop Background 2560X1440

ultima espio:
Sounds good, can't wait :P

apz freak:
I haven't painted the texture yet, but that's my specialty  ;) The hardest part is already done. This time I modeled the high poly version in order to get a perfect normal map and accurate baked lights on the low poly texture.

sl1982:
Awesome work! Dont forget to keep all your high res stuff around. Aali may work some magic with added effects in the future.

ultima espio:
Nice ;D

Maybe one day ff7 could support normal maps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version