Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Anxious Heart (A05 Final)  (Read 348223 times)

Shinrincole

• View Profile
Re: [REL] Anxious Heart
« Reply #175 on: 2012-08-16 21:18:01 »
gonna have to download the update. since the one i found though a youtube video didn't loop the bombing mission song.

Glad to see this updated to support the new PC version :3

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2012-08-16 23:33:15 »
Retranslation project is ongoing.
New Submarine minigame is almost complete and ready for Menu Overhaul M06
Higher difficulty mod will follow these.

Get rid of Cait Sith is on hold until all of the above are done.

Then I make a story based walkthrough of VII for youtube.  Then my days of FF7 are done.  In meantime I need to get back to programming my freeware Pong.

Just how hard will this difficulty mod be?

Jayuk

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2012-08-16 23:54:35 »
Hi I registered to say great work and thanks for this great mod, the game has beautiful music and it will be wonderful to listen to the OST instead of the midis.

A couple of questions if you have the time, I notice that the game has an auto updater, do you think it is possible that this mod could in anyway cause the save file to become corrupted or deleted because of changes in a future patch? Also will changing the files alter my ability to gain achievements?

Don't worry if you don't have the time to answer you have already worked hard on this and thanks once again!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2012-08-16 23:57:22 »

I notice that the game has an auto updater, do you think it is possible that this mod could in anyway cause the save file to become corrupted or deleted because of changes in a future patch? Also will changing the files alter my ability to gain achievements?

Don't worry if you don't have the time to answer you have already worked hard on this and thanks once again!

These changes do not touch anything but music. There is no way they could affect saves or otherwise.  Achievements are crap and shit and we should all laugh at them, but no, this installer or files will not touch them.

Jayuk

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2012-08-17 00:02:47 »
Thanks for the response and the mod, great work!

Sebuzzie

• View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2012-08-17 13:45:06 »
This post can be deleted since this question is already being answered in the "new to old patch" thread.

I've installed the new to old patch, then the bootleg. Both work fine. After I install the Anxious Heart mod though, I have no music.
First I chose 'old version', after that 'new version'.
In FF7music Anxious Heart is selected.

Does anyone know what I've done wrong? If not, no problem, I am already very grateful for all the great mods I can use!
« Last Edit: 2012-08-17 14:19:43 by Sebuzzie »

Kensou

« Reply #181 on: 2012-08-17 15:05:15 »
Mod works great on the new re-release and it worked great on the original version installed on another PC with WinXP that I have. However, on an old PC that I have, specifically built for FFVII (has voodoo2, an on-board Yamaha XG card, and also an AWE64 card) it doesn't seem to work.  I noticed that on the FF7MUSIC there's a log, on my laptop, when it's working, it will display stuff like texture loading and will intercept the MIDI file requested by the game play the replacement file specified on FF7MUSIC. However, none of that work on my Win98 machine, it will just sit there doing nothing. In the game I either get MIDI if I chose a valid output, or will not get music at all if I choose MPU-401 out.

I notice the AH installer patches the FF7.exe, I thought maybe the patcher didn't work on Win98, so I copied it from my WinXP machine, however that didn't seem to work either.

Any ideas why it's not working? am I doing anything wrong? or the new FF7 music just plainly doesn't work on Win98?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2012-08-17 15:10:26 »
Don't know.  I did not make ff7music.  Covarr may know.  As for the exe patcher, see the readme.  The exe patcher has nothing to do with your issue.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2012-08-17 15:29:36 »
FF7music was originally MADE for win98, so it really should work. Do you have the correct MIDI device selected in FF7Music's settings? I think that's important if you're not using Aali's driver.

Kensou

« Reply #184 on: 2012-08-17 15:46:23 »
Yes, I selected the same MIDI device that I select on FF7config.

As for Ali's driver, I can't use it, I only have Voodoo2s in SLI or Voodoo3, none of those will run Ali's driver. At first I thought it was mandatory, but then I got it to work on my WinXP laptop without the custom driver so I thought maybe it was my other PC. I'll keep trying later after I'm out of work, I really want to make it work, because then it'll be a "perfect" version of the PC game.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2012-08-18 01:03:07 »
About remixes, I remember someone posted a link here to a download of a really faithful J-E-N-O-V-A remix that I liked quite a bit, but I can't find it.

It wasn't from the remastered OST, nor distant worlds or anything like that, just sampled with more realistic instruments, but very much like the PSX version, but I can't remember the name or where I saw it. Anyone possible have any idea what I'm referring to?
« Last Edit: 2012-08-18 01:06:38 by BloodShot »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2012-08-19 18:19:43 »
Can someone put the ogg_music torrent from here on piratebay for me?  I can't be bothered learning how it all works to upload.

Peter von Frosta

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2012-08-19 19:53:49 »
About remixes, I remember someone posted a link here to a download of a really faithful J-E-N-O-V-A remix that I liked quite a bit, but I can't find it.

It wasn't from the remastered OST, nor distant worlds or anything like that, just sampled with more realistic instruments, but very much like the PSX version, but I can't remember the name or where I saw it. Anyone possible have any idea what I'm referring to?

Probably this one: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=10723.0

Napper

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2012-08-21 22:06:00 »
Made a mistake. (DELETE)
« Last Edit: 2012-08-21 22:10:47 by Napper »

Napper

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2012-08-21 22:10:13 »
(Deleted)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2012-08-21 22:10:22 »
^mentioned that "fin" was missing.

You didn't read the readme or notes:

OTHER

The OST did not include a number of musics.  These are:

Alternate fanfare (fanfare)

The Planet's Chosen One, looping version (cintro)

Highwind Takes to the Skies Alternate (mogu)

I used PSF for the Alternate fanfare and mogu, but used a mix of the OST
and PSF for cintro.

The following music is not used, even though the files are
present in the original game:

Unknown Name (Comical): This was once going to be a part of
Honeybee Manor, in a comedy scene with Palmer.  The final
game does not have this scene and the music does not exist in
the PSX version. (Thanks Shademp for this information).

Opening - Bombing  Mission (oa) is the opening music, but with
PC this music is part of the FMV instead.  The music file is not
used.

A One Winged Angel (lb2_awe): Final boss music.
Does not seem to be used or present in the new PC game -
lb2 is used instead, same with the old PC game.

Crisis of the Planet (fin): Again, this music is part of the FMV and
the file is unused.
« Last Edit: 2012-08-21 23:00:09 by DLPB »

Kensou

« Reply #191 on: 2012-08-24 16:34:16 »
Is there an alternative Plugin to play the looping ogg files with FF7MUSIC? I was never able to make it work with the original PC version under Win98, but an older version of FF7MUSIC did work, this version still needed the DLLs and a Cetra patch, I had used it with PSFs, but since they loop forever, it makes the game stutter a bit when resuming, specially on long tracks like the overworld theme. I tried using the plugin that comes with Anxious Heart but whenever music is going to be played, I get a windows error (which I cannot read because I only hear the error sound and the screen is black and I have to hit enter and then I get brought back to the desktop), this only happens when using that plugin.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2012-08-24 17:06:54 »
To the best of my knowledge, vgmstream is the only winamp plugin that loops oggs. You could try some older builds and see if one of them works with Windows 98, but I suspect that it's always required XP or later.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2012-08-27 04:09:20 »
Here is some inspiration stuff for the Aerith-theme, The birth of god and One winged angel

Aerith-theme: http://mp3bear.com/within-temptation-our-farewelll
Hard decision to replace one of the the most popular songs of FF7,  :'(
but it enhance the situation

The birth of god: http://mp3bear.com/within-temptation-deceiver-of-fools
It is like Aerith is still with you in the final battle

One winged angel: http://mp3bear.com/final-fantasy-7-the-ultimate-one-winged-angel-remix
(pretty sure that you will know it, but i never seen these version around here.)

I'm still searching for a good replacement  of Crazy motorcycle.
At the moment I'm using the FFX opening theme from Rammstein - looks cooler this way. 8-)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2012-08-27 16:50:21 »
Rammstein didn't do the opening of FFX... that is a myth.  It was Nobuo Uematsu composer and I dunno who did vocals.  Possibly Black Mages.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2012-08-27 19:23:14 »
It sounds nothing like them anyway.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2012-08-28 05:20:47 »
Hahaha... I'm sorry, my crystal ball has a scratch...

But honestly it doesn't matter who it was.
I like to have metal in this scene. It would be better to have a metal variant of crazy motorcycle because the lyrics
of the 'non-Rammstein'-FFX-opening are sub-optimal (and it is from FFX)

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2012-08-29 18:03:42 »
Gotta check this out haha:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN37CbJRAbU&feature=related
Think it will fit in perfectly  8)

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2012-08-29 20:02:03 »