Author Topic: The APZ Cloud Project!!!!  (Read 269444 times)

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
The APZ Cloud Project!!!!
« Reply #400 on: 2009-06-20 02:31:19 »
I wish i was as good as you Vaishino haha, I want to replace the PRP's cloud model with APZ's (so they match *nods*)

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: 2009-06-20 04:13:22 »
long time no see apz, chibi is lookin good, but the thighes are either to skinny or too far apart on the inside of the legs... dont be afraid to have them overlap a lil.

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #402 on: 2009-06-20 04:39:34 »
long time no see apz, chibi is lookin good, but the thighes are either to skinny or too far apart on the inside of the legs... dont be afraid to have them overlap a lil.

Yeah, I've tried quite a few things, but for some reason the legs ALWAYS revert back to that distance apart. Well, only when I put them there in Kimera, everything else stays where I put it except those thighs... Weird! I guess I could change it in the source file. I've been tweeking this and that on him. Inadvertently that caused me to tweek the Battle Model as well. Just minor things, but enough to warrent a APZCLOUD1.5 version release.

lol unless your like me heheheh  :evil: i can have any size i want lol but again its apz so what i do with his release is for my personal use so dont bother asking me as well because its still belongs to apz and he already knows i di-sected the whole thing from textures to the re assembling of the obj but i wont give it to anyone because it is apz property and if he says he wont release it i have no right to do the same.

BTW apz still waiting to talk to you about our project, cant move forward till i got an answer my friend also waiting for the OTHER things i requested you know what i mean lol.

I'll get right on it, I have to start from scratch again, but that's okay! I'll get it done!  :wink:

moses7

• View Profile
« Reply #403 on: 2009-06-20 14:02:17 »
lol unless your like me heheheh  :evil: i can have any size i want lol but again its apz so what i do with his release is for my personal use so dont bother asking me as well because its still belongs to apz and he already knows i di-sected the whole thing from textures to the re assembling of the obj but i wont give it to anyone because it is apz property and if he says he wont release it i have no right to do the same.

BTW apz still waiting to talk to you about our project, cant move forward till i got an answer my friend also waiting for the OTHER things i requested you know what i mean lol.

Look at this, look at size of the chairs.
Notice not only the size of the characters compared to the chairs but imagine if a tall slim guy sits on the chair. The table won't fit for the tall guy.

I think the world itself is designed for CHIBI

That's one reason I don't like TALL ones.

I think they don't look proportional to the world itself.

and the wide open arms reallyyyyyyyyy look bad on these tall ones.

but look really cool on Chibi and keeps the game's Original Look and Feel :mrgreen:
Just look at his stance man. He's proud to be a chibi  :-D :-D :-D                                                                    Just look at lil' Sephy holding dear mama's head.

I suggest we leave the tall ones to the Official Remake of FFVII
and keep the FFVII look like the original FFVII we all loved but HIGH-DEF :-o :-o

« Last Edit: 2009-06-20 14:09:33 by moses7 »

knight1120

« Reply #404 on: 2009-06-20 15:04:45 »
lol unless your like me heheheh  :evil: i can have any size i want lol but again its apz so what i do with his release is for my personal use so dont bother asking me as well because its still belongs to apz and he already knows i di-sected the whole thing from textures to the re assembling of the obj but i wont give it to anyone because it is apz property and if he says he wont release it i have no right to do the same.

Notice not only the size of the characters compared to the chairs but imagine if a tall slim guy sits on the chair. The table won't fit for the tall guy.

but look really cool on Chibi and keeps the game's Original Look and Feel :mrgreen:
Just look at his stance man. He's proud to be a chibi  :-D :-D :-D                                                                    Just look at lil' Sephy holding dear mama's head.

and keep the FFVII look like the original FFVII we all loved but HIGH-DEF :-o :-o

its easy to resize them in kimera so no problem on that  :-)
« Last Edit: 2009-06-20 15:09:47 by kula_wende »

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #405 on: 2009-06-20 16:02:19 »

Just look at his stance man. He's proud to be a chibi  :-D :-D :-D                                                                    Just look at lil' Sephy holding dear mama's head.

I see what your saying, but idk i kinda like the tall ones better. Sure they might not fit perfectly at times, and i do like the chibi ones too, but there's something about having the tall ones that i like... idk maybe its just that i would like to see the same models in and out of battle, and although i do like the chibi's, i would rather have the tall ones on my PC version, and play the PSX original version with everything chibi, because there's higher res backgrounds and other stuff that makes the PSX version better.

On a side note, imagine a battle mod that makes all the characters chibi like the game!

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: 2009-06-21 00:46:29 »
Another advantage to the chibi models that the animations are designed for them.

The movements the characters make and their body language look fine with chibi characters, but when full-size ones move that way it just looks weird and exaggerated.

Ultroman

• View Profile
« Reply #407 on: 2009-06-22 11:42:10 »
Hi! I use PRP and APZ Cloud like so many others. Those are the only two I have installed, so the battle.lgp is the original but with APZ Cloud in it, and the world_us.lgp and char.lgp are from PRP. And now, suddenly, in the flashback at Nibelheim in the first battle with the "monster" (green dragon) it crashes right after the battleswirl. From what I can gather reading through the crash.dmp file in something as horrible as Wordpad, it says ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE SEFIROS.D
Where is that?

This is what the APP.log says at the end when I encounter a Mu creature (it's similar to what it says at Sephiroth, only "ENEMY078.D" is replaced by "SEFIROS.D":
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
End of Swirl sound_effect1
Entering FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE
[BATTLE] Scene# 48
[BATTLE] Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE
OFFSET ERROR: ENEMY078.D DAAA
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE ENEMY078.D
ERROR: unhandled exception

Don't know if that can aid anyone in understanding why this happens. Well, here's a link to my crash.dmp. It's on Yousendit and a max of 100 downloads, so unless you think you can use this information about an engine crash in FF7 and might figure out the problem, please don't download it.

https://www.yousendit.com/download/cmczNnFITWNCMTVMWEE9PQ

EDIT: Now I tested a clean install, with PRP models, on the original engine. Both Sephiroth battles and the Mu creatures work fine now. I'm trying with Aali's engine now. If that works, then it was the APZ Cloud model all along. Funny, as it has worked perfectly for 6½ hours played before this happened.

EDIT2: Now I rolled back the battle.lpg and it seems to work now. Hmm, maybe I'm packing the lpg wrong.
1. In Lpgtools "Extract" original battle.lpg. 2. Copy all files with no extension from the rar'ed model into the directory I extracted battle.lpg to. 3. In Lpgtools File ==> Create. 4. Select the folder with the extracted and altered battle.lpg contents, and save it as battle.lpg on the desktop, and overwrite the original one in data\battle directory afterwards.
How can the model sometimes make the game crash, and sometimes not? It's only with Sephiroth and the Mu creatures this has happened so far. And only with APZ Cloud in the mix...

...isn't that right? Or am I missing something.

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #408 on: 2009-06-22 12:53:42 »
...isn't that right? Or am I missing something.

Are you using LGPtools to create the .lgp? Is your locale set to anything but US English?
LGPtools relies on windows to sort the files before creating the lookup table. If your files aren't sorted correctly, it will create a horribly broken LGP archive where files will be "missing" for no apparent reason. LGPtools itself may still be able to open these broken archives and find all the files, FF7 will not.

Ultroman

• View Profile
« Reply #409 on: 2009-06-22 16:15:23 »
Oh, thank you! I wasn't aware of this. I had noticed they were being packaged in another order than the originals, but I didn't know it made a difference. Man, all the info on this is so scrambled around the forum. We really need a modder's FAQ :)
I assume you mean my locale in Windows (Regional and Language Options)? Everything there was in Danish. Now I'll test again.

This is probably also the reason my models can't seem to find their textures when I port them to the game. I'm doing a fearsome dragon!

EDIT: Now I've changed my keyboard setup and locale all over the place in Windows, and it still pack the files wrong. I guess I'm doomed to replace each file manually. I just did that, and my APZ Cloud now work in Sephiroth battles and with Mu creatures. Ehm...what can I do to rectify this?
« Last Edit: 2009-06-22 21:31:14 by Ultroman »

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: 2009-06-24 01:05:10 »
in addition to what i mentioned on the barret page, two other things i realised you should fix apz, is
1. the pauldron, the part that comes up perpendicular to the plate (closest to his neck) should come out more, as it is its just sticking out a littl ebit, but its about an inch or more relative to cloud (or should be :P)
2. mouth is too wide n lower lip is bit too big i find, but that may be fixed by making the lips less wide. look at the pic u have on the first page with AC pic and original art. both have skinnier lips, match it inbetween i think it'd look much better.

hope to see an updated release soon :P

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #411 on: 2009-06-24 05:42:51 »
in addition to what i mentioned on the barret page, two other things i realised you should fix apz, is
1. the pauldron, the part that comes up perpendicular to the plate (closest to his neck) should come out more, as it is its just sticking out a littl ebit, but its about an inch or more relative to cloud (or should be :P)
2. mouth is too wide n lower lip is bit too big i find, but that may be fixed by making the lips less wide. look at the pic u have on the first page with AC pic and original art. both have skinnier lips, match it inbetween i think it'd look much better.

hope to see an updated release soon :P

Actually the mouth bothered me and that was the first thing I fixed after the release :-P Once I started looking at screenshots it got to me! But that was/is fixed before most people downloaded the old one!

As far as the pauldron goes:

That's what prompted me to make it that way. But now that I look at it again, the notch closest to the shoulder needs to be closer to a 90 degree angle than I got it. Good eye!

Garland_Ilferet

• View Profile
« Reply #412 on: 2009-06-24 13:31:04 »
when will you release the chibi APZ cloud?

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: 2009-07-07 04:10:11 »
hey APZ, you didn't die did you? Or should i say leave? Cause that would suck :cry:

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #414 on: 2009-07-07 07:58:07 »
 :-)

I'm glad to say that I'm not dead! But I now have a new computer and I'm done with days of copying all of my files over. I don't have 3DMax installed yet, but I'll have everything up and running pretty soon!

And Field Cloud is next!

Part of the reason I took so long was that I was fixing several flaws in the battle model and making sure that the changes reflect in the field model as well. I need a perfect Field model before I make ALL of the field models. Also.... Cross dressing Cloud! :wink:

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #415 on: 2009-07-07 08:01:25 »
Updated battle model you say? You mean you can perfect an already Perfect (in my eyes) cloud model?

I am honestly shocked haha.

One thing though. I dunno how you convert your textures to .tex But i found with Aali's driver you don't need to use 256 color. If you didn't know, just thought i'd bring it up. :-D

Garland_Ilferet

• View Profile
« Reply #416 on: 2009-07-07 09:47:21 »
:-)

I'm glad to say that I'm not dead!

oh, i was about to buy a phoenix down for you!!  :-D

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #417 on: 2009-07-07 16:37:10 »
One thing though. I dunno how you convert your textures to .tex But i found with Aali's driver you don't need to use 256 color. If you didn't know, just thought i'd bring it up. :-D

Except PCreator will only accept 256 colors.  So until someone creates a program or plugin that will convert files to FF7 format, we have to continue using 256

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #418 on: 2009-07-07 17:53:29 »
Wasn't sure if he was using another program or not, thats why i brought it up. If pcreater is the only choice then disregard what i said.

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #419 on: 2009-07-23 01:31:23 »

Alright, Now that I got my new computer up and running, and I finally got around to setting up my FFVIIPC stuff up again. I'll begin my progress!

And, I finally got around to setting up Aali's OpenGL driver, and it looks great! So I'll retake all of the screenshots, and I'll have my updated version of Battle Model with the NEW FIELD model. It's not ready yet, but it will be shortly! :wink:

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #420 on: 2009-07-23 01:34:05 »
 :-o

APZ!!!

YOU'RE BACK!

and i was just wondering when you'd return to these forums :D

looking forward to the field model!

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #421 on: 2009-07-23 01:39:52 »
alright sweet! i cant w8 to c the improvements! i got the latest 1 installed and now i want more! awesome man  :-D

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #422 on: 2009-07-23 01:39:51 »
OMg i want the field model so badly 0.0, you just take ur time with it tho, i can wait. if you weren't already could you make it so that the buster sword is on his back.

i like the way that looks

lookin forward to it mate

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: 2009-07-23 01:52:54 »
Of course when the buster sword is on his back, that screws up the flashback in the shinra mansion.

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #424 on: 2009-07-23 02:19:06 »
yes but hte enjoyment i get from having it the whole game outweighs that tiny part in the game