Author Topic: FF7 Music problem  (Read 2523 times)

TinySarabia

• View Profile
FF7 Music problem
« on: 2011-02-04 02:52:56 »

I recently installed the latest FF7 Music Installer and everything worked wonderfully... But after 30 minutes of play, these pop-ups appeared, the BG music stopped, and although the game still plays, the music was totally dead... I don't even know what the problem is.. I tried changing the output config to out_ds.dll but another message pops up that says "Soundcard is already in use" blah2x... I even tried uninstalling my K-Lite Codec Pack but still to no avail... This has been an ongoing trend in my game where I play it perfectly for 30 minutes and then it becomes laggy (FPS drops to 20-25, instead of 30), the music becomes broken, and after a while, music dies as the messages pop up repeatedly... I hope someone can help me with this, especially Covarr. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this issue though as I have searched the forums but I can't find anyone having this specific kind of issue... When I played FF7 Music in the past(older versions), I didn't have any problem whatsoever about this popping up... When I reinstalled FF7 and found the latest FF7 Music, I was so excited to play it...  :(

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: FF7 Music problem
« Reply #1 on: 2011-02-04 04:31:09 »
That is a weirdass issue, most likely not caused by FF7Music, but by Winamp's waveout plugin. You sure you don't have any other audio software running, custom drivers, etc? Things like "SRS HD Audio Lab" or other sound enhancers not included with your soundcard can cause all kinds of trouble. It could even be an alarm app or something that doesn't manage the sound driver nicely.

I can't imagine why it would do this so suddenly after as long as half an hour or so, it's certainly not an issue I've encountered. You say you're using the latest installer? You think you could post a screenshot of your ff7config's audio tab, as well as one of Waveout's settings (in FF7Music, click Configure, make sure out_wave.dll is selected as your output plugin, and click the lower configure button on this screen).

TinySarabia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-02-04 05:00:29 »
Hey COvarr.. Sorry I can't post the pictures because I uninstalled my whole FF7 out of frustration... I will try reinstalling again... Well, just so you know, I have recently reformatted my laptop.. FF7 Music was working the last time though, but I reformatted my laptop due to virus issues... The last FF7 Music I used was one of the old versions(manual installations), but since FF7 Music isn't the problem, then I don't know what is... As for the other audio applications, i have none that I installed... Because this was really a fresh reformat so everything is bare, except the usual KMPlayer and other utilities as seen in my desktop... I even though K-Lite Codec Pack was the problem but it didn't even help...
« Last Edit: 2011-02-04 05:04:24 by TinySarabia »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-02-04 05:39:43 »
Hmm, I dunno then. If you're running a fresh install of Windows, it's possible your audio drivers need updated. Perhaps that will fix the issue. (while you're at it, you might want to make sure your other drivers such as video, directx, etc are all up to date).

Also, this doesn't belong in Technical Discussion. Could a mod please move this to the correct board?