Author Topic: final fantasy 7 abstract art project help  (Read 2998 times)

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
final fantasy 7 abstract art project help
« on: 2013-03-28 16:12:02 »
Ok guys and gals I need some help. In my 2d art design class I need to do an abstract piece about something that is meaningful to me. So I chose FF7. But I'm drawing a blank on what to do. Abstract is not my best form of art so I'm kinda stuck in a rut lol. Any help from any artists out there would help a lot
« Last Edit: 2013-03-28 16:31:06 by strife98 »

mystery_editor

• Mmm... Pi
    • View Profile
Re: final fantasy 7 abstract art project help
« Reply #1 on: 2013-03-28 21:21:44 »
Do you have a favorite character, town, scene, enemy, magic attack, or limit break? Maybe not even your favorite, but something that has meaning to you, like a boss that you just couldn't beat when you were younger, or a town or building that has some special memory attached to it. Since general form and colour are really important in abstract, maybe something colourful like the gold saucer fireworks scene, or an Ultima attack, or Cloud's Omnislash? I'm just shooting ideas of what I'd try and do lol.

Ahh, I lost my train of thought, will edit this *if* I can think what I was talking about XD. Art class was a long time ago now =_=

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #2 on: 2013-03-29 00:00:00 »
If I was a designer I would draw the moment Squall meets with Laguna and reveals that he was his father and all the sad background story. That would be an epic moment for FF8 my favorite FF game :)

ajthedj747

• Looking Forward to 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-03-29 14:57:56 »
Hello @strife98, I have an idea - illustrate the off camera scene where Cloud Strife receives the Ultima Sword for the first time after destroying Ultima Weapon. If you do not choose this subject matter, then I shall gladly create this artwork myself as a hand-drawn illustration. It is about time I put my Bachelors degree in Graphic Design to use for once.
Oh, as you may have noticed, I am a dumb idiot that slobbers over the Dissidia Final Fantasy version of the Ultima Sword for Cloud Strife. This is very clear indeed to everyone because of my avatar.
« Last Edit: 2013-03-29 15:00:01 by ajthedj747 »

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #4 on: 2013-03-30 03:16:46 »
My first thought was Cloud's reaction to Aerith's death. A wide-misty-eyed expression weakly reaching to her as she's falling as if he can't believe what he's seeing. Here's the twist, the only other thing you can see is the bloodied tip of the Masamune. It's a good abstract moment has Cloud relives their experiences together.

I'll just let that sink in. ;)

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013-03-31 04:51:37 »
These are all really great ideas, and I actually want to attempt a few of them, but unfortunately this project has to be absolutely abstract. With almost no real pictures in it. Just colors, lines, and things of that nature. Pretty much, it's how the game makes me feel when I play it, but there are just so many emotions that go through my head when I play, I'm not sure how I'm supposed to make it.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #6 on: 2013-03-31 17:52:36 »
Colors and Lines.  Diamond WEAPON firing his energy missles at Shinra HQ/Midgar.

A distant grey form on a sky blue background standing on the black earth surrounding midgar with blobs of yellow small in the distance and larger closer to the foreground headed towards a smoggy midgar with a big Shinra Tower extending from the center.  you can do that with basic colors lines and shapes