Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3008186 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
You need latest patches from last few pages.  Also, R06 turns Steam into 1998 essentially.

ProtoX

i'm uploading a test video of my sfx mod ported to your R06 mod. i must say i am most happy how much easier it is to edit the sfx now.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I may move main sound files to BASE in next release to allow global to be added by modders.  At moment custom is forced unless you want to edit existing main global.

the_randomizer85

• View Profile
You need latest patches from last few pages.  Also, R06 turns Steam into 1998 essentially.

Do you have a link to reshade?

« Last Edit: 2019-12-14 03:09:20 by the_randomizer85 »

ProtoX

I may move main sound files to BASE in next release to allow global to be added by modders.  At moment custom is forced unless you want to edit existing main global.
that would make things simpler. by the way heres the video test tell me what you think https://drive.google.com/open?id=13DpwsgaJIQmbbW1tGBY_5Y19gB-_l-KJ

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Do you have a link to reshade?

google - im at work

damerell

• View Profile
Could the OP be edited to link to the hotfixes, please? It seems that would be easiest for people coming to the thread afresh.

e2zippo

• View Profile
No worries.  I am not sure the preset works universally.  You have to remember it's going to be affected by monitor type and resolution.

But here's mine:

Effects=CRT.fx
Techniques=AdvancedCRT
TechniqueSorting=AdvancedCRT

[CRT.fx]
Amount=1.000000
ScanlineGaussian=4294967295
Resolution=2.952000
Gamma=2.150000
Brightness=1.714000
Curvature=0
MonitorGamma=2.150000
ScanlineIntensity=2
CurvatureRadius=0.000000
CornerSize=0.001000
ViewerDistance=0.000000
Angle=0.000000,0.000000
Overscan=1.000000
Oversample=4294967295

Thanks! That looks nice! For infoformation, Reshade 4.5.0 is out and it seems to work great in FF7!

solomon_rex

• View Profile
Nothin to apologize for my guy. You've done well more than anyone could ask, plus all the people playing are able to pull the problems to attention much faster than if you were just on your full own. Workin yourself to sickness sucks.
What you've done is most appreciated.

Macilento

• View Profile
Hello, i wanted to play FF7 Steam version with this mod, and i was able to install the mod.
Everything seems to work except one thing.

All the keybinds are changed to a default settings on the keyboard that is not what i choose on the FF7 launcher, and i can't find a way to change them (especially because these keybinds are terrible, like Num8 for up, Num2 for down, like totally atrocious)

Can anybody help me?

Wiseman

• View Profile
To add to the list of animations playing too quickly under 60FPS battles setting 2, Cloud and Tifa's Limit Breaks. The reunion database doesn't list those under bugs, but it's probably listed somewhere since it's hard not be aware of it.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
need exact limits and parts.  cheers

the_randomizer85

• View Profile
So, first and foremost, the mod and SweetFX installed without a hitch, games loads and runs well. However, odd quirk when selecting in the battle menu, the status that shows HP/MP flickers briefly when selecting/confirming an action in battle. Also pausing causes animations to speed up when using 60 FPS battles mode =1. I tried 60 fps battles mode 2 but ran too fast, made all the animations/models to attack at 60 fps, instead of the HUD.

Wiseman

• View Profile
DLPB. I just started the game. So far all Limit Breaks I've seen that require the character to get close to the enemy (Braver, Curse Slash, Palm Rush), the character always moves before the "limit break fire" effect has played. The camera also fails to follow them properly in that circumstance. I believe this isn't intended behaviour since the it only occurs with option 2 of 60FPS battles.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
HP/MP flickers briefly when selecting/confirming an action in battle

Yeah, I spotted this but forgot to add.

As for other issue...  pause issue may be unavoidable.

the_randomizer85

• View Profile
Yeah, I spotted this but forgot to add.

As for other issue...  pause issue may be unavoidable.

Well, the pausing thing is a nonissue for me, so no worries, but the HP/MP flicker is fixable? Thank you :3

Edit 2: Never mind, user error for the text speed lol
« Last Edit: 2019-12-18 15:39:47 by the_randomizer85 »

Matski

• View Profile
@DLPB - You previously asked me to look-out for fluent speakers testing your mod and pass on any remarks they had about it. There's a playthrough by a streamer called 'ThorW', who has been using R05c. He's generally been highly-positive in his appraisal of your work but there have been moments where he disagreed with the retranslation.

I've gone through all nine videos that he has uploaded so far (the playthrough remains incomplete) and cross-referenced his interpretations with your spreadsheet. Charlie Beer has already corrected most of them but there are still several lines that ThorW has issues with. Most of them are contained within the first visit to Cosmo Canyon and the Temple of the Ancients.

If you are happy for me to do so, I can post his suggestions here with links and timestamps. Alternatively, as you're busy with updating R06 I could pass them on to Charlie Beer instead.

I have yet to contact ThorW. He is still actively uploading videos for his channel. I'll leave it up to you as to whether to contact him about your mod and his work.

-----
EDIT - Grammar/Repetitious word usage.
« Last Edit: 2019-12-22 19:02:26 by Matski »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
It's best that that comes at the very end - when this has been completed.  And then rechecked. 

I'll then review the notes.

Checking things on the fly that are not R07 will just mean duplication of work. Please keep hold of any notes.
« Last Edit: 2019-12-22 11:48:36 by DLPB »

Matski

• View Profile
Will do.

Jackafur

• View Profile
I'm trying to use reunion with out the audio replacement. I use a Sound Canvas VST and was messing around with that. I swear I used to do a custom installation of the reunion mod and could choose which mods it installs. whenever I run it now though it just installs every thing even if I choose custom install. Is there a way to install reunion without the audio replacement or a way to disable it? Or a way to use the audio replacement that allows me to use midi music? I have ran ff7 game converter... in case that matters.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I've fixed the kernel "random number" table issue...  it's no longer static and will change every 5 seconds.

the_randomizer85

• View Profile
Stupid question, is there an advantage to using 60 FPS without interpolation vs using it with interpolation?

obesebear

• View Profile
The interpolated 60fps hasn't quite been perfected.  You may still notice a handful of of places that seem too fast, and there are still one or two graphical glitches you may encounter

the_randomizer85

• View Profile
The interpolated 60fps hasn't quite been perfected.  You may still notice a handful of of places that seem too fast, and there are still one or two graphical glitches you may encounter

I'll stick to the non-interpolation mode then

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I prefer non interpolated because the 3d motion appears a bit artificial to me  - like interpolated TVs...  it doesn't feel right.  But the camera is a lot smoother.  It's personal taste.  And a lot of work went into Interpolated anims from Obesebear.