Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4899533 times)

Rufus

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.3)
« Reply #1175 on: 2015-05-06 02:53:29 »
it's a problem in the entire final fantasy series.

so strange how low profile games like skies of Arcadia has this basic option, yet Final fantasy does not.

I would recommend the Return of the Dark Sorcerer, its basically the ff6 equivalent of the new threat mod, has new bosses, new moves etc. it also uses different music from other games (uses zelda 1's dungeon music dungeon music, secret of mana mountain music for a mountain locations etc.)

Anyway, in that mod when you die it shows a cool cutscene of what would happen in the game if you did die, kind of like Chrono trigger, then afterward it places you right at the last save location you were in, no load save game screen, it just places you right there at the save point.

Thought it was kind of neat.

so on the difficulty there will be standard NT, then 'arrange', so was the 1.2 one i played through closer to standard or was it closer to arrange.
« Last Edit: 2015-05-06 04:01:13 by Rufus »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: 2015-05-06 04:32:18 »
ROTDS is maybe going a bit too far as a comparison; it's very heavy on story modification and references (I'm aiming more for what FF6 BNW did with the game). Cool idea for certain fights causing a unique 'game over' scene, but I was thinking more along the lines of an option to re-try certain bosses instead of going through a lengthy cutscene again. The ones on the list just now are:

-) Motorball (might be tough/unstable)
-) Red Dragon, Mural Room
-) Jenova Life, Altar

Those tend to be 'problem' bosses that appear at the end of a long sequence. There's others that appear at the end of such scenes, but they don't seem to cause as many problems.

The current 1.3 version, 7H's 1.2, and all previous versions should be considered Original. Arrange will be a little different; not necessarily harder, just different.

Rufus

• View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: 2015-05-06 05:14:37 »
hmm, not harder, but different, sounds interesting, could you clarify more, just need to know which one to choose on my next playthrough, I guess the arrange version is where you have the most leeway, but you felt it might be too much for people so standard is scaled back in some way.

and would it be 1.4 that will have this option, or a later revision.

I think it might be a good idea for barret at the start to say 'welcome to new threat mod V1.4',I think barret mentioned new threat mod at the start when choosing battle music preference, adding the version number at the end of text would give player a clear notice what version they are on.

but yeah I wouldn't add a cutscene, just a simple menu that says' retry?' at the game over screen, or even in replace of the game over screen.

is there any reason it can't be done for all bosses, Also I was thinking when you reloaded the boss fight you would have a hard time telling what status the party was when it went into the boss fight, and in that case just full HP/MP would be fine.

haven't tried BNW, but i Think that doens't add new bosses, ROTDS however does, but yeah its not a complete comparison, maybe new therat mod is a bit in between ROTDS  and BNW.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: 2015-05-06 15:08:48 »
What Arrange would do is change up certain bosses, unlock different enemy attacks, reorganize item placements, and maybe add a few twists into story events for new encounters (provided it doesn't cause too many problems). Original is scaled back in the sense that I've cut certain things or scaled them back to maintain a balanced difficulty curve or to keep the story events (largely) intact. Arrange would just be a different take on the mod. This'd be 1.3 still, there's a lot of features I want to get done before I make the jump to 1.4.

It could be all the bosses, I was just thinking in terms of time. A handler would need to be added to each one which might interfere with certain scenes. The ones I want to do for now are the tricky fights, but I could roll it out to every boss in the future if need be.

Good idea with adding the version number, I could maybe do that with the opening text box.

Walter253

• View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: 2015-05-06 16:05:44 »
Hi SegaChief!

I've noticed few issue with AI in order:
Sweeper in reactor 1 and 5 , Combatant Grenade, Mighty Grunt.

These guys attack themselves with Machine Gun attack.
The issue is in the targetmask, they search for an opponent with near-death statut, so with a team full HP they just don't find a target.

Also another issue (maybe not?) is the fact I can see the yellow materia drop after Sample:H0512 fight (usually E.Skill) but when I go for it the materia is not in the next screen, so I can't loot it.
« Last Edit: 2015-05-06 16:08:22 by Walter253 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: 2015-05-06 17:07:32 »
Wasn't aware of that one, I'll revise the AI. Usually what should happen is they select a random target if none with the desired criteria are present. As for the Materia, I removed the Enemy Skill from there because Red now starts with it equipped (and I want there to only be 1 E. Skill Materia for balance purposes) but it must still be popping up, at least visually, through the script. I'll amend that too.

Walter253

• View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: 2015-05-06 17:59:45 »
All right then.

Oh for the Sweeper issue, it's different then Mighty Grunt, since they use Search Scope, they keep in memory with a Local Var the last target, but in the AI the mistake is that you call another Local Var instead of the used one. (something like 1B0 instead of 1C0 , didn't remember well, I did fixed it)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: 2015-05-06 18:23:08 »
Ah right, thanks for letting me know; just had a look, Sweeper Type-5 is setting the target to LocalVar 00F0 but looking for 00C0 when attacking. No idea when that happened.

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: 2015-05-06 19:31:55 »
How do I find out the model ID for a certain enemy I'm looking for?  I mean the AAAA or AABB models, is there a list?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: 2015-05-06 19:54:38 »
A quick way is to search for the enemy name in PrC to get the scene(s) it appears in and then check the Enemy Management/Enemy Stats tab to get the Model ID (the lgp code will be written in red next to the hex number). If you can't find some, let me know and I'll track them down or if you don't know the name then describe it to me/where you fought it.

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: 2015-05-06 20:33:08 »
The model I'm looking for isn't fought as an enemy in the original game so I couldn't find it by looking at other scenes

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: 2015-05-06 21:01:00 »
Could you tell me the name of it? I'll search for it in NT's scene.bin.

Rufus

• View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: 2015-05-07 00:19:27 »
Since you are filing for improvements on FF7 here are a few more suggestions you can maybe look into as well, these also have nothing to do with your mod, if any of them ever get implemented I would prefer them to come up in tweaks that can be switched on and off, that way other people can get access to them when doing a standard playthrough of the game.

-) Almost widescreen (3:2 support) – mod request.

I would like to request that the game be offered in the wider aspect ratio of about 3:2, actually 1.55:1 to be exact, this is to mimic the aspect ratio of the backgrounds and the FMVs, the backgrounds and FMV would therefore not have any black bars underneath or above them, instead a small amount of pillarboxing would be in effect for modern widescreen displays.

The Battle’s OAR was also quite close to 3:2 when you take into account the new battle menu being less taller than the original, the solution in this case would be to move the battle HUD up and ‘crop’ the bottom, I use the word ‘crop’ in quotes because nothing is really truly cropped as you weren’t intended to see that part anyway, this would actually look much more correct than it currently is in 4:3 with the overhauled battle menu,

see the Sephiroth battle picture for reference,

http://i.imgur.com/IrMT0Rpl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/eZ9yPbpl.jpg

note how much more correct it looks in 3:2.

For the world map, simply cropping the bottom, or equally cropping the top/bottom to fit the new frame would be acceptable, I’m only assuming you can’t expand the viewport.

The fort condor mini game has the same aspect ratio as the static backgruonds, but its letterboxed equally on the top and bottom, but the same rules apply, just remove the black bars on top/bottom to fill the 3:2 frame in a custom windowed resolution that matches that aspect ratio.

Overall I would prefer to run this in a customised windowed resolution that exactly matches the 1.55:1 frame, but if that is too much for just now it can simply be a 1.55:1 image inside a 16:9 frame.

If this sounds like too big a task, simply just moving the battle HUD up would fix it for me, I use windowed borderless gaming and I could simply make the window larger than my display and crop the bottom off at the same time, this would practically solve the problem and would require not much work to be done.

This would make a huge impact in the way that I play the game, currently the game image size is very small in the field, which is currently a 3:2 image letterboxed inside a 4:3 window, which is then displayed on a widescreen monitor.
« Last Edit: 2015-05-07 00:45:51 by Rufus »

Rufus

• View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: 2015-05-07 00:21:40 »
-) heal HP/MP at save points ala FFX

Heal HP/MP at save points ala FFX, given that tents are cheap there is no reason not to do this automatically, it should not harm the balance of the game at all, it should also revive KO’d party members.

-) Autosave and the removal of manual saves:

I request that when you pass through a save point, by pass through I mean something similar to the way FF6 works along with the ‘ding’ sound effect; it automatically saves to slot 1/save1, save 1 and only that save file.

This means you only have 1 save file per playthrough, combined with the heal HP/MP at save points (ala FFX) you would never have reason to go back in the game as the game would never screw you over at any point.

Adding this ability would remove the load save game page when dying at boss fights, instead it would just load the one and only save file available.

Note: You may have to look into coding in the case of someone wanting to do multiple playthrough’s of the game at the same time, but generally no one would do that outside play testing.

-) Reduced encounters and disable run away options

I would like to request an option to reduce encounters by 30% or 50%, and can be independently applied to field and/or the overworld, an option to not allow you to run away as well should be added, Ideally the runaway animation shouldn’t even show, in addition an option to disable encounters on the world map could be added.

I would prefer to play the game with encounters in the field reduced by 30%, not being able to run away, and no encounters on the over world map.

I saw that the Field Editor - Makou Reactor could be used to change encounter rate of each field by a certain %, so that may be a good place to start.

Rufus

• View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: 2015-05-07 00:22:26 »
-) Text colour change for spoken character

Similar to final fantasy tactics I think having a different text colour for the person speaking would be a good idea.

Maybe the colour red won’t sit as well as it does in Final Fantasy Tactics, but I’m sure having some distinction between speech and who’s talking could be done.

-) Auto targeting phoenix downs

When I select phoenix downs it does not auto target a KO’d party member.

-) Wasted space in dialogue boxes

There seems to be a lot of trailing spaces in dialogue boxes most of the time, see pictures for examples.

-) Magic order:
The ability to choose how magic is displayed in the battle menu would be useful, and even be able to hide some magic that is equipped, examples include hiding life or poisona but keep life2 and esuna in view, hide fire1 and only show fire2, in the case of wanting to use added effect with mystify you may not want to see the magic),

-) Large gaps in menu for magic/summons

Most of the time there are large gaps in the magic battle menu, why can’t it just truncate all these empty rows and show only what is available to select.

-) Overworld map toggle big and small
When on the overworld map, just have the option to make map big or small, no option to totally switch off the map.
« Last Edit: 2015-05-07 00:29:06 by Rufus »

Rufus

• View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: 2015-05-07 00:23:06 »
-) Memory for targeting:

When fighting the Sample:H0512 boss fight, I don't like how the cursor doesn't automatically focus on him on the next move when I have attacked him once already, perhaps a mod that allows 'memory' of targets could be added, as everytime I want to target the boss I have to press up and left at the same time.

If it is so much work to add this, then you could instead just focus on this boss first for this one boss fight, that would solve the problem as the problem only applies do this boss fight.

-) Bug – all ability lost when magic not cast.

when fighting Bottomswell, I set my character to cast barrier to all, then the boss cast silence on me, my character did the magic animation but didn’t deplete MP, but next time I go to cast spell I have used up my 'all' ability, implying that I did cast the spell.

-) In game explanation about All

I think that the game should have a real explanation about switching from all to single target by pressing page up/down, this really needs to be explain in game and during combat, similar to how FFX explains rikkus steal ability.

-) Auto Battle

Find some way to increase the games sped and only allow it during battle would be great.

-) Instant kill button

This is for when your party is dying and you want to load your game, currently the option is to just wait for our party to die and inflict damage on current party members to speed it along, but it would be better to press an instant kill button which will force a game cover screen.

If the auto battle mod is done then this is much less an issue.

-) Memory not carrying over between battles

this game doesn’t have 'memory' that spans past one battle, for example is I have party all cast offensive magic during battle one, then for battle 2 I hold down the confirm key and they don’t do that, they just attack,

Final fantasy VI does have memory between battles, so really Final Fantasy VII should have this.

-) Default names only

I request that the game does not prompt you to name a character, some mild script changes may have to be made to accommodate the lack of an inputted name, yuffies character naming may need to be looked into as you have a choice to name her at some point and she escapes.

Rufus

• View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: 2015-05-07 00:23:51 »
-) Disable Yuffies side quest

This will disable yuffies side quest so you can freely enter wutai with Yuffie before the final dungeon without having your Materia stolen and having to be forced to go into the side quest.

-) Easy Yuffie to join party

Make it so Yuffie joins you much easier than the original game, as it’s a frustrating part of the game without a guide, and I don’t like using guides in games, I would say simply defeating her in a tough battle should be all you need to get her to join you.

-) Elena’s Reaction at the return to Midgar (end of chapter 2) bug
I cast Regen on the whole turks party, then Elena reacted by saying 'ouch that hurts' then moved back.

-) Reflecting offensive magic on all party members

Casting reflect on all party members, then multi-targeting all party members with offensive magic seems to cast the magic 3x with no longer ATB or MP cost, to me this seems like cheating, an option to turn this action into one offensive spell when it’s done would be nice.

-) Automatic saving and no save points

The game automatically saves when you are just before a boss battle, just finished a boss battle, enter a town and maybe leave a town, in this case no save points appear ever.

-) Full recovery before fighting a boss fight

The game automatically recovers your party before a boss fight, this happens once in FF4 when fighting rubicant, I think this should be as standard, as no one would not do this before a boss fight anyway.

-) KO’d party members get revived after battle

Just like Chrono Trigger party members get revived after a battle if they are downed.

-) HP regnenrates by walking

Just like xenoblade chronicles party members heal as they walk in the field.

-) Full Recovery after every boss fight

It’s unknown if this would be helpful much, it would be better to play through the game will full recovery before boss fight, regenerate HP while walking & revive KO’d party members, something like that may be enough to walk through dungeons without having to go in the menu

Rufus

• View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: 2015-05-07 00:24:37 »
-) Auto arrange items set by your preference

When you get a new item it is still shown at the end of the list, instead it should be arrange by your last arranged preference automatically.

-) Ability to have overworld music in battle only.

Given the length of the overworld music this may be an interesting option for people who want normal battle music in the field, but don’t want battle music in the overworld.

-) Pausing game while Tifa slots

I can’t check what the game does when you pause the game while Tifa’s slots are moving, if it stops the slots it could cause an issue where the user could cheat, if the slots keep moving while paused then it’s a non issue.

-) One victory screen

Similar to FFX-2 we should only have one screen which shows exp. and items obtained, also there should be no option to not take everything.

-) Victory fanfare only at boss fights

This might be a good option to give people especially if we make the victory screen a one screen entry.

-) Lower kill rate needed for limit breaks to level

This can maybe be put in as an option, it just seems that generally I don’t get very high limit breaks towards the end of the game, where I generally should be getting high limit breaks.

-) Memory on limit breaks

If I select clouds cross slash, on my next limit break it should remember that and focus on that instead of braver each time.

-) Classic battle HUD

an option to have the classic battle hud would be nice, I saw some great looking screenshots of the classic battle HUD with high resolution text font and it did look great.

This might conflict with the widescreen mod, so it’s a very low priority.
« Last Edit: 2015-05-07 00:30:34 by Rufus »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: 2015-05-07 02:21:48 »
I said before that if you've got a big chunk of text to put down, it might be better putting into a notepad or similar instead of making four separate posts.

-) Aspect Ratio & Visuals
The NT Mod doesn't handle any of these, it only concentrates on gameplay files and leaves it up to the player to install any additional mods that change the way the game looks (DLPB's Menu Overhaul for instance). I can't offer technical support on something I didn't make or package with NT, and I'm not going to take their mods and integrate them into NT either; stuff like that killed Tenko's N7 mod when updates broke it's dependencies.

The only thing relating to visuals that'll appear in NT are field & battle models built using in-game parts. I'm leaving additional graphical mods up to the player's discretion though I intend to update/release NT files that are easier to combine with graphical mods for people who want them.

Nope; that's what Tents are for. It's easy to do, I'm just not doing it.

That'd probably require a serious amount of coding to get working, but removing manual saves altogether sounds like a terrible idea. I tend to use every single slot during runs so I can revisit certain areas/fights either for testing or practice.

I'll start the player off with Enemy Away and Enemy Lure instead; then they can decide. As for disabling escape, I don't really see the point + it'd be a pain to implement.

I don't think this'll work too well with FF7. I think part of the reason they did it in FFT

Targeting is quite rudimentary in this game; I don't know if anyone has ever tackled it, but it'd likely require coding to fix (assuming it's even feasible).

That'll usually be to make space for additional text when the window is used again. Some of it will likely be caught when I go over the game's dialogue for a tune-up.

-) Magic order:
You can change magic order to some extent based on the criteria of Restore, Attack and Indirect. A fourth category exists however that will always appear at the bottom regardless of sorting. I've tried configuring that before but it resulted in missing spells. As for hiding/showing certain spells, that's not happening.

Not much I can do about that either, I'm afraid. Each spell has a set slot it needs to appear in. Newer games are much more dynamic with how spells are ordered.

Are you sure? The default game and a standard NT installation allows you to do this already; it toggles between small, large, and off. Has a graphical mod you've installed disabled this?

-) Memory for targeting:
Memory is out of my hands, but I can shuffle enemies in certain fights so that important targets are the initial placement for the cursor. I'm not sure if his Row position will affect this though, so no promises.

That's another coding problem. Might be fixable seeing as W-Item had half of it's problem solved by DLPB, but I don't know.

I guess it can happen. I'll add it to the text when you pick up the first All Materia from Beginner's Hall.

-) Auto Battle
It might be possible to do this, but it'd require a weird set-up in character AI that may or may not work. Alternatively, equip three Fury Rings.

-) Instant kill button
As above, or you can soft-reset. It should be CTRL + R.

Whether FF7 should or shouldn't have this, it was programmed without it. Due to the game's structure as separate kernels, I don't know if it'll be possible to get it to remember between battles.

-) Default names only
While that can be done quite easily, people like to rename their characters so that's definitely out.

Absolutely not.

This might be rendered moot if a new mandatory recruitment scene is set up. But it'll remain as-is for now.

I could change the response. I think she says that when one of the other Turks casts Wall or curative magic on her too.

Nah, I think it's quite cool and there's some drawbacks to it that round things out slightly. I probably couldn't change it even if I wanted to, anyway.

Can't do this, as certain strategies involve having KO'd party members such as Yoshiyuki's power boost.

Edit: This is the same issue as above, but I'll maybe do it for bosses in locations where random encounters are still present.

-) HP regenerates by walking
Interesting idea; I think it can be done but again some strategies depend on low HP like Powersoul/Masterfist.

I can't have it auto-arrange (I think) without some kind of coding hack. It only takes a second to arrange it by type anyway...unless you have MO installed and the menu takes several seconds to open, that is.

Yeah, I think it can be done; I accidentally did this through the Mythril Mines once. I'll see if I can set that up again but make it specific to the music option.

If people want to manipulate Slots in any way, then that's fine by me. Same thing with save editors, exploits, etc. Some folk play with a mod that converts every Reel outcome to Yeah! for instance.

-) One victory screen
I think that's beyond what I could ever do.

This might be a good option to give people especially if we make the victory screen a one screen entry.

That's planned for the next update, I might go back to the original values or something close to it.

Another short-coming with the game's engine, but very minor in the grand scheme of things.

-) Classic battle HUD
This one confused me. The NT Mod doesn't make any changes to the HUD, so it's already using the 'classic' battle HUD. Unless there's some kind of hi-res version of the classic HUD kicking around? I'd leave that to the player's discretion again.
« Last Edit: 2015-05-07 04:20:57 by Sega Chief »

Rufus

• View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: 2015-05-07 03:48:35 »
-) Almost widescreen (3:2 support) – mod request.

Ah yes I just wanted to mention it to you anyway, I would have been surprised if you did anything with this as the fix would likely be done in a completely different code set to your NT mod.

Okay that’s fine, I might request this mod elsewhere, maybe it will work with NT.

Ah okay so it would be hard to do, I will take that on board, as I said before this option would affect people that are play testing like yourself who may want manual saves, as mentioned this would be an option you can toggle on and off so nothing is ever getting removed.

It’s likely I will request this mod elsewhere to see what response I get.

I had enemy away, it didn’t make much of a difference I found, only when it was mastered, in which case it made too much of a difference, I think I may request this mod elsewhere as there is a tweak in 7th heaven to switch off encounters, but not reduce.

The colours looked cool when it said ‘new threats’ at the final dungeon, but yeah I don’t know how it would appear in FF7, but having some distinction between voice and character spoken would be cool.

Yeah it’s a clear issue, maybe it is something that square couldn’t do for some reason.

I’m not sure about that, really it’s all over the place in the game, it looks quite terrible

See picture
http://i.imgur.com/4QFhUfX.jpg
I’m pretty sure here he the full width of that text box is never used.

Rufus

• View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: 2015-05-07 03:54:17 »
-) Magic order:

Oh I was referring to a fully customised order, as in I can have fire in slot 1, cure in slot 2, ice in slot 3 etc, kind of like how you can customise your items list, would something like that be possible.

That blows, FF7 is pretty messed up.

Sorry that was my poor wording, what I meant to say is I would like no option to switch the map fully off, instead I just want to option to toggle between small and large map.

-) Memory for targeting:

Ah okay, if you could look into that boss it would be good, so in that case it will focus on him as he is the most important, is the most important determined by HP or something?

Okay thanks, I will see if I can find an appropriate place to flag this bug.

That’s a good start, I’m surprised the game didn’t mention this more clearly in the game, even being able to ‘un’-all magic - as in going from all targeting to single target- was unknown to me when I first played the game.

-) Auto Battle

No I don’t want berserk on everyone, auto battle should do the last used command and speed up the game at the same time, so basically speeding up the game would work, as I can just hold down the OK button.

-) Instant kill button

I was wondering about that, I tried doing it the way it was on PSX by holding down all those buttons, but yeah I will give it a go next time.

Well I would say the final fantasy series should have this, but square are a bit crap at implementing it, it seems some of the final fantasy games have memory fully working, and others do not.

I find this super important so I will mention this feature request of sorts in another section of the forum, I just wanted to know what you thought of it.

-) Default names only

Oh, okay well if its easy maybe I may request elsewhere, I would prefer FF7 be more like modern FF games where you stick to the original character names only.

Awe okay, maybe I will ask elsewhere.

Rufus

• View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: 2015-05-07 04:01:13 »

Okay, I certainly hope we don’t have to go through any of that for your mandatory yuffie code.

Really wow that makes no sense, you may need to double check with DLPB in case it conflicts with ‘beacause’, or maybe get his because to implement a fix for it as well.

But for changing the text, I'm not sure what that could be, what could she say that has nothing to do with the attack but then she changes her rows, maybe it would be easier to remove the whole speech thing.

What are the drawbacks, is it just that it targets any enemy, but yeah I may mentioned this elsewhere as a tweak, most of these requests are just optional tweaks to the game that I think people can toggle on and off, I just felt this was one of those thing that seemed quite bad, I don’t know what final fantasy dimensions does if you try the same thing as you have a party of 5, what if ff7 had 4 party members, then that would mean the magic would be cast 4 times, to me it seems like something square overlooked.

I’m not sure I understand, I don’t think I have fought that boss, I may request this mod elsewhere as I think it’s a cool idea.

Are you saying your mod already does this, if so I must have forgotten or something.

-) HP regenerates by walking

I think the Cat's Bell does it, but I never used it, if it does work you could use the code there I guess.

You could say the same thing about tents at save points ;) but yeah your right, you just need to manually do it, but it just takes seconds, still a valid point I think.

Rufus

• View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: 2015-05-07 04:03:58 »

Its just a small idea, people may prefer that as the overworld themes is 6 minutes long and people might not like the battle music breaks due to that?

I know barret asks you at the start about battle music, but what other points in the game does it ask you that again.

Yeah I know, I will have to check to see what happens, I think the slots keep going anyway, in which case cheating can’t be done.

-) One victory screen

Okay, I think I may request this elsewhere as I think it would be much better to have it as one screen.

what did you think of this idea, I think it would be cool maybe, I only mentioned because return of the dark sorcerer was like this and I think, its a very small idea.

Okay, I look forward to that.

While true I like things to be the best they can be, I may request this mod elsewhere.

-) Classic battle HUD

Oh right of course I forgot, I was using the menu overhaul and just wanted to know if you could get the high res hud working, there was one high res classic hud, but I don’t think it works anymore.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: 2015-05-07 04:19:54 »
I think the problem with text space might be a bit exacerbated by the custom windows + font. DLPB's Reunion is optimised to use this font + window style but it's likely that problems will spring up when using it with default FF7 dialogue/NT. That being said, there's still plenty of dead space in FF7's text boxes. Hopefully I can improve it a little when I'm working through the text, though I better double-check how much space Reunion fonts need; if it's less space then no problem, but if it needs more then I'll need to leave some space to keep it compatible.

The drawback of having reflect on everybody is that you can't use most restorative/protective magic while it's up, making it tough on item supply. A streamer tried to set up for Reflect on most boss battles but found it to be a bit cumbersome in most cases.

The game has the option to toggle battle music on the Highwind through an NPC, but I could maybe set that up at save points instead with a button prompt that appears along with the save point message. Be better for people who don't like the choice they made as a few don't understand initially what the option is doing.

Elena's reaction isn't really a bug, it's just an oversight. In the original game, none of the Turks use support abilities on each other but there can be instances when healing items, etc. could be used on Elena either by accident (mis-selection, Confusion, etc.) or intentionally if trying to take out all three Turks simultaneously/keep them alive for stealing items. I'll probably just remove it or change it to something more neutral.

Victory fanfare only on boss fights technically happens with the field music option (I think the fanfare doesn't play for random battles when that's active, could be wrong).

I made a mistake responding to this; I copy-pasted all your suggestions into an empty post and then started working through all of them but I must have missed this one. What I meant to type was, this is the same issue as having the party fully restored before the boss battle; a strategy might rely on them being KO'd or low HP. I'll maybe do this with boss battles that are in dangerous spots though, like Schizo; it'd suck to get killed on the way to a save point due to low HP after taking out the boss.

Rufus

• View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: 2015-05-07 05:13:37 »

cool, just thought you should be made aware of it.

Well it’s like having 3x cut for all magic spells, but you have to use potions instead of cure, it doesn’t make much of a difference unless you have mastered all with cure and were planning to rely on that in battles.

I think the perfect compromise would be to make it so that it deals the lesser damage as if it was being cast to 3 separate enemies; this is probably how it’s supposed to work anyway.

For example I cast bolt on 1 enemy, it deals 1000, I cast bolt on 3 enemies, it does 600x3, if I cast reflect on my party then cast bolt on all 3 members it reflects 600 x3 to the boss.

This makes way more sense than what it currently does, which would be 1000x3!

Oh right I understand what you are saying now, because the boss possess party members you might actually want a party member to be KO’d, well, hmm, not sure what to say but I think maybe this could be a toggle’ble option, I was thinking it would be under tweaks in 7th heaven, I’m guessing your not familiar with 7th heaven much but basically there is a cool tweaks mod, and I think that this would fit perfectly in here.

Oh no don’t add something to the save point message, I really don’t want an extra menu I have to cancel out of every time I want to save, I can only assume you can’t put it in the configuration menu, maybe you could have it in an item store, or that traveling merchant you were thinking on adding?

ah yes but I meant if you were to have normal battle music in the field,, it is something that would make more sense if you only had one victory menu as well, as I was basically hoping to streamline the whole victory animations/menus to hurry the game along.