Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4840265 times)

SirDrD

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #3650 on: 2016-05-19 22:11:18 »
Locking Materia to a character is doable, but it requires a lot of set-up to make it happen (enough that it would have to be a separate mod built around the idea of character-specific abilities). Armour needs to be set to have zero slots and the Materia option in the menu disabled, along with any unequip calls made in the flevel script removed. Might be something for another project though.

Oh, sorry, I think what I said was misunderstood. I wasn't really suggesting character-specific abilities, just commenting on something I would like to try for myself.  Where I would myself  put enemy-skill on a character who doesn't have other casting materia, just for variety, and watch that character advance with abilities. If some of the abilities are sub par that also poses the challenge of finding the best ways to make use of it, and force other strategies of getting through parts of the game.  And although in my own playstyle I do theme the materia that goes on each character I do understand that  character specific abilities are not what this mod is.    At most I was suggesting that balancing enemy skill with other materia will be difficult. It could be considered to be there for players who want an alternative to the basic casting system. So redundant enemy skill abilities are ok.

seijuro

• View Profile
    • Top-notch Сasual Dating - Verified Females
« Reply #3651 on: 2016-05-20 00:48:10 »

Live Wire should display correctly though it has some unique effects going on that might be tripped up by mods. Are you using that hi-res spell texture mod or anything for battle models?

He appears at random like the original mystery ninja encounter; there was an issue where a flag was being turned off during certain events though on the cargo ship + cosmo canyon but that should be gone from the latest flevel hotfix.

I do have the the hi-res battle textures turned on in 7thHeaven, maybe it's the load order that's making the electricity not appear you think?

Also I've fought a bunch of battles in the Fort Condor forests but he has yet to show up :\

SunnyD

• View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: 2016-05-20 11:18:28 »
Found something that doesn't seem intentional during the Hojo battle. If you have Resist on the party during the second form and have taken out his right arm, Hojo only casts Mako Spit and because of Resist it constantly misses. Does he have any other attacks or is he meant to inflict ailments on everyone first before using other attacks?

seijuro

• View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: 2016-05-20 15:00:59 »
Not sure if this is a glitch but the Fort Condor NPC doesn't teleport back to Fort Condor after he says "you need 4000 gil for troops". He just stands there....Is something else supposed to happen?

This happened at Gongaga after Temple of The Ancients and now Forgotton Capital (he's blocking a treasure chest)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: 2016-05-20 16:49:24 »
Found something that doesn't seem intentional during the Hojo battle. If you have Resist on the party during the second form and have taken out his right arm, Hojo only casts Mako Spit and because of Resist it constantly misses. Does he have any other attacks or is he meant to inflict ailments on everyone first before using other attacks?

His AI is a bit limited; I'm going to re-do it from scratch so he has more abilities to use whenever a limb is gone.

Not sure if this is a glitch but the Fort Condor NPC doesn't teleport back to Fort Condor after he says "you need 4000 gil for troops". He just stands there....Is something else supposed to happen?

This happened at Gongaga after Temple of The Ancients and now Forgotton Capital (he's blocking a treasure chest)

Is the latest flevel patch installed? I can't remember if the fix is in the current files.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: 2016-05-20 16:51:00 »
Hey sega chief

you forgot to add a NT 1.4 picture on the first page of this thread

and how is the Dark cave side quest coming along

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: 2016-05-20 16:54:18 »
Hey sega chief

you forgot to add a NT 1.4 picture on the first page of this thread

and how is the Dark cave side quest coming along

I decided to remove it; was taking up space.

I'm working on the DK sidequest just now; it's mostly adding small touches like ambience, dialogue, and fixing music triggers atm.

seijuro

• View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: 2016-05-20 21:15:52 »
Is the latest flevel patch installed? I can't remember if the fix is in the current files.

Yeah, I have both of the latest patches installed (29th April). He doesn't seem to teleport after he says "bring 4000 gil for troops".

badeco

• View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: 2016-05-20 21:24:47 »
any have complete list  of monsters ,drop, morph and steal?in document text have  but  is not complete  :-\

SirDrD

• View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: 2016-05-20 23:16:07 »
I was looking through the materia list earlier, and it got me thinking on a few things.   There is a lot of interesting materia that helps physical combat, but they don't appear until later in the game.  The early part of the game has mostly magical type materia. But since physical powers are weaker at the beginning, it would not unbalance things to have more of the physical materia a lot earlier.  This would include ones like counter attack. More elemental materia wouldn't hurt, and more of the ones that apply's status effects to weapons, or command counter. Is there a reason counter attack is received so late? Since there is just a percentage chance that counter attack works,  it is less  powerful then 'all' and the barrier materia.

I really enjoy the challenges in this mod. But a role playing aspect is also important to me. And another reason I like this mod is because of the increased distinctness of characters that was added to this mod over the base game. I like the SP system, and how we can build characters the way we want.  I like to see Cloud have builds and win battles in a way that makes sense for Cloud, etc. More physical materia options earlier in the game would help with that. It would give options, while not imposing restrictions, and not unbalancing anything. Shops in particular would be nice if most did not just sell magic materia, but had some options to help build physical characters.
----
And Cloud in early concepts was supposed to be a mystic knight. Which I suppose meant being able to use magic and elemental attacks with his sword. He wasn't supposed to attack and cast separately. They were supposed to be combined. And the cut scenes make him look that way, and his graphics make him look that way.  I would really like to play Cloud as much as possible as the Mystic Knight it looks like he is supposed to be. The two materia that are most Mystic knight like are 'elemental' and 'Added-Cut'. Added-Cut in case I got the name wrong is the materia that allows for a physical attack with the materia it is paired with.  It is not is received until late, and is considered by that point less good then other options, yet it is more Cloud-like then any other materia.  I would therefore like to see Cloud's starting materia  being a lighting materia  linked with an elemental material, and a fire materia linked with Added-Cut.  This would give Cloud a strong 'Mystic Knight' feel.    I do not think it would change early game difficulty that much as against robots most of us probably just cast lightning anyway, and 'all + restore' is arguably more powerful. It can easily get balanced by less 'ether' being available. Or Added-Cut could give a 10% MP penalty, or something  The idea is to make Cloud fit the role he seems he should fight, help increase the utility of fight line fighting, but not impose restrictions. Cloud with added-cut just sounds fun too me.

----
And at the time when the deathblow materia becomes available,  and spamming 'quake 2 - all'  is easy to do,    getting a 'slash-all' material would not be overpowered. I am at his point right now, and regular  melee attacks are feeling pitifully weak compared to other options.  And since Red being a fast moving beast would make thematic sense to put it on, putting it in the cave where he finds out about his father would be a good story place to have it.  It would feel like he gets out that cave with a character fitting power boost. Of course people wouldn't necessarily put it on Red, but close to where you can get deathblow makes sense to also have 'slash-all', so those caves for a location works.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3660 on: 2016-05-21 02:41:31 »
Yeah, I have both of the latest patches installed (29th April). He doesn't seem to teleport after he says "bring 4000 gil for troops".

I guess it's not in yet; might be in the IRO I made though, I remember that being slightly more advanced because I uploaded it separately last time. Was holding off for Dark Cave before updating everything in the Main/hotfixes.

I was looking through the materia list earlier, and it got me thinking on a few things.   There is a lot of interesting materia that helps physical combat, but they don't appear until later in the game.  The early part of the game has mostly magical type materia. But since physical powers are weaker at the beginning, it would not unbalance things to have more of the physical materia a lot earlier.  This would include ones like counter attack. More elemental materia wouldn't hurt, and more of the ones that apply's status effects to weapons, or command counter. Is there a reason counter attack is received so late? Since there is just a percentage chance that counter attack works,  it is less  powerful then 'all' and the barrier materia.

I really enjoy the challenges in this mod. But a role playing aspect is also important to me. And another reason I like this mod is because of the increased distinctness of characters that was added to this mod over the base game. I like the SP system, and how we can build characters the way we want.  I like to see Cloud have builds and win battles in a way that makes sense for Cloud, etc. More physical materia options earlier in the game would help with that. It would give options, while not imposing restrictions, and not unbalancing anything. Shops in particular would be nice if most did not just sell magic materia, but had some options to help build physical characters.
----
And Cloud in early concepts was supposed to be a mystic knight. Which I suppose meant being able to use magic and elemental attacks with his sword. He wasn't supposed to attack and cast separately. They were supposed to be combined. And the cut scenes make him look that way, and his graphics make him look that way.  I would really like to play Cloud as much as possible as the Mystic Knight it looks like he is supposed to be. The two materia that are most Mystic knight like are 'elemental' and 'Added-Cut'. Added-Cut in case I got the name wrong is the materia that allows for a physical attack with the materia it is paired with.  It is not is received until late, and is considered by that point less good then other options, yet it is more Cloud-like then any other materia.  I would therefore like to see Cloud's starting materia  being a lighting materia  linked with an elemental material, and a fire materia linked with Added-Cut.  This would give Cloud a strong 'Mystic Knight' feel.    I do not think it would change early game difficulty that much as against robots most of us probably just cast lightning anyway, and 'all + restore' is arguably more powerful. It can easily get balanced by less 'ether' being available. Or Added-Cut could give a 10% MP penalty, or something  The idea is to make Cloud fit the role he seems he should fight, help increase the utility of fight line fighting, but not impose restrictions. Cloud with added-cut just sounds fun too me.

----
And at the time when the deathblow materia becomes available,  and spamming 'quake 2 - all'  is easy to do,    getting a 'slash-all' material would not be overpowered. I am at his point right now, and regular  melee attacks are feeling pitifully weak compared to other options.  And since Red being a fast moving beast would make thematic sense to put it on, putting it in the cave where he finds out about his father would be a good story place to have it.  It would feel like he gets out that cave with a character fitting power boost. off course people wouldn't necessarily put it on Red, but close to where you can get deathblow makes sense to also have 'slash-all', so those caves for a location works.

I can bump Added Cut into Midgar with an MP penalty on it or something (or set up to take a MP penalty if the optional .EXE patch is combined with it). Elemental is available fairly early, but again could be moved back. An issue might be having Elemental + [Bolt], Added Cut + [Bolt] together for a 2x effective elemental spell followed by a 2x effective physical attack...but that would also make a hybrid build viable and make a case for melee/front row spell casters to make better use out of the Added Cut follow-up. Hmm.

Slash-All might have to be left where it is though; I don't think it imposes a damage penalty/split damage on the attack. If I can make that happen though then I'd have no issues with making it available on Disc 1 so I'll tinker with the flags. If it does work, then it might also be possible to toggle between single target and multi-target like with spells but won't know until I try it in-game.

Shops are tough because they have set inventories that can only be edited via the .EXE, and the tool for it is very unreliable due to it's age. The last time I tried to use it, I got one use after which it wouldn't work again. I can vary up the Materia shop inventories maybe, try and make status magic from Costa available for purchase a little earlier instead of the almost duplicate Materia stores in the Sector 5 Slums vs. Wall Market.

What do you guys think? Would it be more interesting to have options like Added Cut, Command Counter, etc. available from Midgar or am I front-loading the game too much?

SunnyD

• View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: 2016-05-21 03:43:19 »
Ended up with a soft lock on disc 3. Tifa was party leader and I went to Junon to enter the Meteor Cup for her level 4 limit. It loads but when I push start to end preparations on the truck it just stays on that screen with the animations still playing, but I can't do anything.

SirDrD

• View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: 2016-05-21 03:46:18 »

Slash-All might have to be left where it is though; I don't think it imposes a damage penalty/split damage on the attack. If I can make that happen though then I'd have no issues with making it available on Disc 1 so I'll tinker with the flags. If it does work, then it might also be possible to toggle between single target and multi-target like with spells but won't know until I try it in-game.

Well just for comparison purposes. Right now I just arrived in Neifleheim, and Cloud is level 35. Damage that can be done with melee attacks is roughly 200 to 300 without deathblow.  But damage on spells where  is about 700 to 1000. (most are at level 2).   And 'all' is at least at level 2 , and the options of summons are available.   Slash-all with a proper elemental element would still be behind in damage, and the character would not be able to be in the back row. So I don't think there would be a problem having slash-all unaltered at this point.    But this could have been related to the number and type of random encounters I had.    Other players at this point might not have the spells advanced as far, and might have closer magic to physical damage rates.   

deha0002

• View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: 2016-05-21 05:34:25 »
I can bump Added Cut into Midgar with an MP penalty on it or something (or set up to take a MP penalty if the optional .EXE patch is combined with it). Elemental is available fairly early, but again could be moved back. An issue might be having Elemental + [Bolt], Added Cut + [Bolt] together for a 2x effective elemental spell followed by a 2x effective physical attack...but that would also make a hybrid build viable and make a case for melee/front row spell casters to make better use out of the Added Cut follow-up. Hmm.

What do you guys think? Would it be more interesting to have options like Added Cut, Command Counter, etc. available from Midgar or am I front-loading the game too much?

I like the idea of "hybrid" builds early on, but i dont think adding "Added Cut" or "Slash-All" will really do anything. Just as it was mentioned before, if i am to put my char in the front row for Phy damage, it has to be worth it, and since Added Cut doesnt really have anything to combine with except spells, i can just as well just stay in back row and cast spells. Going from 150 bolt dmg to 150 + (25-50) dmg is not worth the extra materia slot used and the row change.

When it comes to slash all, same principle applies, low dmg that is getting split. The only time i can see end-game command type materia yearly in the game, is if there was a way to make completely new yellow materia from scratch.

On the otherhand, if we were able to have one materia with Boltstrike,Firestrike and Icestrike that somehow benefits from phy and/or STR then the hybrid front row build might work without to many materia slots used and a reason to mix str/mag on gear/rank up.

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: 2016-05-21 06:12:58 »
Doing my second playthrough and just got past the Huge Materia at Corel Reactor section again, I like the idea of each boss on the train having a weakness so that you can stop the train in time if you play it tactically. However there is a glaring issue I faced during this and that is the X-ATM Scorpion.

I feel that due to X-ATM Scorpion's rather high HP the only real way to defeat X-ATM Scorpion within a reasonable time-frame is to inflict Dual via the use of Neo-Bahamut. The problem is that Neo-Bahamut only has a chance to inflict Dual and if it doesn't get inflicted there's pretty much no way to stop the train in time, Neo-Bahamut + Added Effect in your weapon doesn't work because the kernel doesn't have the appropiate flags to inflict/protect from Dual with the Added Effect Materia, heck it won't even work for Paralysis and Ramuh.

This leads to the X-ATM Scorpion fight being effectively completely down to RNG based on whether you inflict that one status effect which just results in player fustration, especially if they were lucky enough to steal Ragnarok or Oritsuru from Wolfmeister/Eagle Gun on that attempt. It's even worse considering you have to go through 4 mandatory battles (including Corel Reactor Troops) and a cutscene for each attempt making any time you weren't lucky enough to inflict Dual extremely punitive.

The Runaway Train section of the game is mostly rather well done as you actually feel like you're against the clock but I would seriously consider adjusting the X-ATM Scorpion fight as currently it's a punishing RNG fest that really takes the fun out of that section of the game.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: 2016-05-21 13:22:43 »
Ended up with a soft lock on disc 3. Tifa was party leader and I went to Junon to enter the Meteor Cup for her level 4 limit. It loads but when I push start to end preparations on the truck it just stays on that screen with the animations still playing, but I can't do anything.

Yeah, a guy on ID reported this issue; the problem I'm having with fixing it is that I can't seem to replicate the issue. I'd recommend trying to enter with different party composition (with Cloud as party leader for instance) to see if that gets it to work. It might be that I have to rescript the leagues from scratch to work this problem out of it (there's stability problems with the leagues script in general too).

Well just for comparison purposes. Right now I just arrived in Neifleheim, and Cloud is level 35. Damage that can be done with melee attacks is roughly 200 to 300 without deathblow.  But damage on spells where  is about 700 to 1000. (most are at level 2).   And 'all' is at least at level 2 , and the options of summons are available.   Slash-all with a proper elemental element would still be behind in damage, and the character would not be able to be in the back row. So I don't think there would be a problem having slash-all unaltered at this point.    But this could have been related to the number and type of random encounters I had.    Other players at this point might not have the spells advanced as far, and might have closer magic to physical damage rates.   

I think Tier 2 magic is supposed to unlock round about the Cosmo Canyon-Nibelheim area, maybe earlier if 2x AP equipment is being used. What I'd do with physical attacks around that area is attach a common element to them, say Elemental + Ice/Wind/Earth, and that'll proc 2x damage against any randoms that appear which are weak to that element (bugs/beasts tend to be weak to Fire and Ice, while Wind deals with anything airborne; you can also attach two elements to a weapon if you use multiple Elemental for additional coverage). So that 2-300 will jump to 4-600 and then you've got Deathblow/Crits to double that again to 8-1200.

I like the idea of "hybrid" builds early on, but i dont think adding "Added Cut" or "Slash-All" will really do anything. Just as it was mentioned before, if i am to put my char in the front row for Phy damage, it has to be worth it, and since Added Cut doesnt really have anything to combine with except spells, i can just as well just stay in back row and cast spells. Going from 150 bolt dmg to 150 + (25-50) dmg is not worth the extra materia slot used and the row change.

When it comes to slash all, same principle applies, low dmg that is getting split. The only time i can see end-game command type materia yearly in the game, is if there was a way to make completely new yellow materia from scratch.

On the otherhand, if we were able to have one materia with Boltstrike,Firestrike and Icestrike that somehow benefits from phy and/or STR then the hybrid front row build might work without to many materia slots used and a reason to mix str/mag on gear/rank up.

I think you'd see a bigger return on it if you add front row and elemental to the physical attack; Bolt would deal about 2-300 damage to a target weak to it, then the follow-up added cut would likely deal something close to 200 damage as well; so it'd be an extra chunk of damage at the expense of safety. Slash-All could also be handy for giving physical attackers a sweep option that casters have, not strong enough to murder the entire enemy group but perhaps handy for mopping up. If you had a group of Whole Eaters and Fire + Elemental with Slash-All you could probably get rid of them all fairly quickly. The drawback to all this is Materia slots, which are much more limited early on; but then that could be where the Four Slots armour comes into it.

I'm not sure what to do for Firestrike, etc. I can't make a Materia that executes an attack with an element on it's own.

Doing my second playthrough and just got past the Huge Materia at Corel Reactor section again, I like the idea of each boss on the train having a weakness so that you can stop the train in time if you play it tactically. However there is a glaring issue I faced during this and that is the X-ATM Scorpion.

I feel that due to X-ATM Scorpion's rather high HP the only real way to defeat X-ATM Scorpion within a reasonable time-frame is to inflict Dual via the use of Neo-Bahamut. The problem is that Neo-Bahamut only has a chance to inflict Dual and if it doesn't get inflicted there's pretty much no way to stop the train in time, Neo-Bahamut + Added Effect in your weapon doesn't work because the kernel doesn't have the appropiate flags to inflict/protect from Dual with the Added Effect Materia, heck it won't even work for Paralysis and Ramuh.

This leads to the X-ATM Scorpion fight being effectively completely down to RNG based on whether you inflict that one status effect which just results in player fustration, especially if they were lucky enough to steal Ragnarok or Oritsuru from Wolfmeister/Eagle Gun on that attempt. It's even worse considering you have to go through 4 mandatory battles (including Corel Reactor Troops) and a cutscene for each attempt making any time you weren't lucky enough to inflict Dual extremely punitive.

The Runaway Train section of the game is mostly rather well done as you actually feel like you're against the clock but I would seriously consider adjusting the X-ATM Scorpion fight as currently it's a punishing RNG fest that really takes the fun out of that section of the game.

It's possible to beat the train without dual-drain but what I'll do is reduce X-ATM's HP and set Neo-Bahamut to a 100% proc for Dual.

GeoFlare

• View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: 2016-05-21 14:44:00 »
Honestly I feel that physical characters are pretty much solid in the early game without added cut or slash all. That being said I wouldn't mind having slash-all earlier or even added cut earlier. I would like to see it around maybe Gongaga or Cosmo Canyon though. I feel like getting them both in Midgar would kind of be over powered. I currently really like the balance of magic vs physical. Magic really did need the boost it received and thats the only reason why it seems OP compared to physicals early on. 

natepley

• View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: 2016-05-21 15:18:31 »
A while back I had an idea related to the issue of making physical attacks with elements or added effects.  What if weapon and armor slots already had elemental and/or added effect built in.  So if you put an ice materia on your weapon, you'd gain the ice element on your attack or if you put ice on your armor, you'd have protection from ice damage but maybe weakness to fire.  This would eliminate the need for elemental and/or added effect materias.  Or maybe this would only work in some slots or some pieces of equipment.  I'm not sure if this is possible or could be balanced, but it might be interesting and would make the player more conscious of what materia they equip where.

Baskra

• View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: 2016-05-21 20:18:56 »
i made a post in the trouble shooting but found this

i saved just before pearl weapon (died as expected ^_^) reloaded now pearl weapon dont load up so im softlocked on the story (i do have a save from before you talk to bugenhagen and go to forgotten city so not too bad)

BUT theres also the stopping the next scene from loading by entering the menu when you do that on the same frame (really easy to do) you can run past the marker that takes you into the next page or world map and possibly (i havent found any point by accident YET) but it may be possible to get completely out of bounds

p.s. amazing mod i am loving getting rekt by most enemies ^_^ i hope i see more updates and more stuff to do with this mod :D thanks for making this

baskra

SunnyD

• View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: 2016-05-21 23:33:26 »
Me again. Defeated Mimic (fun battle by the way) and the game told me I got Planet Materia. I check my Materia list and Planet's not there. I have space for more Materia so I'm not sure what's happened there.

EDIT: Wait, never mind. The Gravity Materia that was created after I mastered one isn't there either so turns out I must have hit the limit despite there being space underneath my Summon materia for more.

EDIT 2: Off course! I'm a muppet. The spaces in the list are for the materia I have equipped. Okay ignore this.
« Last Edit: 2016-05-21 23:40:04 by SunnyD »

magictrufflez

• View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: 2016-05-22 02:28:53 »

Have you completed the other 2 Competitions with Tifa?  I also go this soft lock, but when I went back and completed the first 2 leagues, which I had not done before, then the Meteor Cup worked exactly as intended.

SunnyD

• View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: 2016-05-22 02:38:40 »
Have you completed the other 2 Competitions with Tifa?  I also go this soft lock, but when I went back and completed the first 2 leagues, which I had not done before, then the Meteor Cup worked exactly as intended.

I've won the first League, but with Cloud. I'll try them with Tifa.

EDIT: That worked. Looks like you need to complete the other leagues with Tifa first.
« Last Edit: 2016-05-22 05:23:16 by SunnyD »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: 2016-05-22 06:34:44 »
Honestly I feel that physical characters are pretty much solid in the early game without added cut or slash all. That being said I wouldn't mind having slash-all earlier or even added cut earlier. I would like to see it around maybe Gongaga or Cosmo Canyon though. I feel like getting them both in Midgar would kind of be over powered. I currently really like the balance of magic vs physical. Magic really did need the boost it received and thats the only reason why it seems OP compared to physicals early on. 

Could maybe do that; Deathblow seems the stronger of the two so maybe that can be pushed back to Disc 2 (I think it becomes available in shops about then).

A while back I had an idea related to the issue of making physical attacks with elements or added effects.  What if weapon and armor slots already had elemental and/or added effect built in.  So if you put an ice materia on your weapon, you'd gain the ice element on your attack or if you put ice on your armor, you'd have protection from ice damage but maybe weakness to fire.  This would eliminate the need for elemental and/or added effect materias.  Or maybe this would only work in some slots or some pieces of equipment.  I'm not sure if this is possible or could be balanced, but it might be interesting and would make the player more conscious of what materia they equip where.

Aspected Materia slots would be pretty great; I could customise the weapons a bit more. Unfortunately it's not something I can do :c

i made a post in the trouble shooting but found this

i saved just before pearl weapon (died as expected ^_^) reloaded now pearl weapon dont load up so im softlocked on the story (i do have a save from before you talk to bugenhagen and go to forgotten city so not too bad)

BUT theres also the stopping the next scene from loading by entering the menu when you do that on the same frame (really easy to do) you can run past the marker that takes you into the next page or world map and possibly (i havent found any point by accident YET) but it may be possible to get completely out of bounds

p.s. amazing mod i am loving getting rekt by most enemies ^_^ i hope i see more updates and more stuff to do with this mod :D thanks for making this

baskra

Diamond Weapon has a few problems where you can 'lose' him permanently and not be able to progress the story, like running into him just as a random encounter starts.

You can get past the map exits by opening the menu just as you approach it. A good place to do it is on the first screen of Da Chao; you can actually go up all the routes and if it's during the Wutai sidequest then you can trigger some unseen dialogue by talking to the otherwise inaccessible Reno.

Me again. Defeated Mimic (fun battle by the way) and the game told me I got Planet Materia. I check my Materia list and Planet's not there. I have space for more Materia so I'm not sure what's happened there.

EDIT: Wait, never mind. The Gravity Materia that was created after I mastered one isn't there either so turns out I must have hit the limit despite there being space underneath my Summon materia for more.

EDIT 2: Off course! I'm a muppet. The spaces in the list are for the materia I have equipped. Okay ignore this.

So did you get Planet Materia or was it lost? I don't think there's a check for maxed Materia for that particular drop. Let me know if it was lost and I'll sort it out.

Could this be the cause, maybe? I'll check the triggers and whatnot.

SunnyD

• View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: 2016-05-22 06:44:29 »
So did you get Planet Materia or was it lost? I don't think there's a check for maxed Materia for that particular drop. Let me know if it was lost and I'll sort it out.

It was lost. Had to re-load an older save and sell some materia to make space and fight the boss again.

Schwahn

• View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: 2016-05-22 07:30:52 »
Hey Sega,

Just had a game crash.

Fighting Tseng right in front of the rocket.

Defeated the two goons, but the fight was draggin on. Used Cid's Hyper Jump Limit Break (which had been missing) and then the game crashed in the middle of it.

Quick feedback - Sense not working on targets over 30k is REALLY annoying. I understand if you want to protect weaknesses or something. But not being able to at least see their else is rather frustrating. I don't know if it is possible to show health and nothing else. but Sense gets pretty useless later in the game.

Edit - Crashes every time I use Hyper Jump now.

Edit #2 - Why does Esuna / Remedy not cure stop?
« Last Edit: 2016-05-22 07:35:58 by Schwahn »