Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4878776 times)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #4000 on: 2016-07-25 13:35:32 »
What is a naked New Threat?

I'll load your save and see if I can duplicate, but you need to post your Profile Details so that I can enable an identical mod loadout.

SwordofAeons

• View Profile
« Reply #4001 on: 2016-07-25 15:47:24 »
What is a naked New Threat?

I'll load your save and see if I can duplicate, but you need to post your Profile Details so that I can enable an identical mod loadout.

Hmm, I can't find where the profiles are saved.  If you can point me to the likely location, I'll upload the file.  In the meantime, here's a pastebin with the Profile Details output: http://pastebin.com/qKibbata

The save was created with those mods, but I also tried a profile with only New Threat enabled and with various different OpenGL settings.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4002 on: 2016-07-25 19:31:28 »
If I had to guess, it's maybe the char.lgp files? Let me check my IRO files.

Edit: ZZZW.hrc is in the IRO I put together, so not sure. I'll play the IRO itself to that point and see what happens.

Edit2: 7H has died for me again; can't even get it to boot up for whatever reason it's broken this time.

I'm suspecting it's not finding that new field model when it loads the entire field (the model itself is supposed to be invisible and isn't used until later, but the game still looks for it when loading the field). It's in the IRO files I put together though, so I would have said it had something to do with conflicting cosmetic mods; except they use unique designations so a) there wouldn't have been a clash, and b) you've tried it without other mods installed so I don't know why it's having the problem.

Other possibility is a corrupted field. I'm going to need to fix my copy of 7H again to find out.

Edit3: I'd appreciate it if anyone with the current 7H version could load up a save before air buster and see if that church field loads up for them after. Might take me a few hours to get this install of mine sorted out.

Edit 4: Forgot to mention; I've fixed the issues reported thus far (scripting, typos, etc). The biggest change was that I ditched L3 Def-Less and replaced it with an attack called Mustard Bomb instead; this is a strong non-elemental spell that affects a single target and inflicts Haste + Dual-Drain (100% chance). Figured it'd be a handy end-game spell for quickly killing standard mobs (but the MP cost is high at 188). That particular spell slot, to replace Angel Whisper, has always been a bit problematic but I'm thinking this'll settle it.

I also repaired that scene at the start of Mt. Corel; there weren't enough handlers for different party compositions (I didn't account for Red XIII), but I've added all the possible party combinations in now.
« Last Edit: 2016-07-25 20:55:55 by Sega Chief »

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #4003 on: 2016-07-25 21:02:22 »
Edit3: I'd appreciate it if anyone with the current 7H version could load up a save before air buster and see if that church field loads up for them after. Might take me a few hours to get this install of mine sorted out.

I can confirm that after fighting Air Buster the church field does infact load up correctly. I know for sure it does because I recently ran through that part of the game again to double check to make sure Guard Scorp. was no longer hanging around in the church. This is with the current NT 1.4 15th July IRO build.

Edit: Also, forgot to mention I'm using the stand alone IRO mod file I imported manually and not loading NT 1.4 15th July through the Gameplay - Difficulty and Story mod.
« Last Edit: 2016-07-25 21:09:18 by iDerek759 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4004 on: 2016-07-25 21:15:55 »
I'm going to say that the field model isn't being found by 7H for whatever reason.

Was the IRO updated in the catalog to the 15th July one? I thought it was still an older one.

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #4005 on: 2016-07-25 21:26:10 »
I'm going to say that the field model isn't being found by 7H for whatever reason.

Was the IRO updated in the catalog to the 15th July one? I thought it was still an older one.

Yeah, Alyza just rolled out an update for it like a few days ago, so it should be updated to the current 15th July build as of now.

SwordofAeons

• View Profile
« Reply #4006 on: 2016-07-26 06:17:46 »
Edit: Also, forgot to mention I'm using the stand alone IRO mod file I imported manually and not loading NT 1.4 15th July through the Gameplay - Difficulty and Story mod.

Ah, this is something I didn't think to try!  Using the stand-alone I was able to successfully start the church scene after Air Buster.  Looks like it was either a corrupted download or an error in the catalog;  I'll make a post on the 7H thread to get that checked.  Thanks a bunch everyone!

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #4007 on: 2016-07-26 10:04:27 »
I didn't update the 7H Catalog with any of your models because I wasn't aware they needed to be loaded for models outside the main characters. I will include them in the next update and hopefully that's the issue.

FrancoiseHarpie

• View Profile
« Reply #4008 on: 2016-07-26 14:38:50 »
By the way, are you going to fix the leftover (but practical) Master Tomberry encounter in the last screen of the left-up path ?
This one is a lifesaver when you spent your only Ribbon for the Masamune and don't want to bet on an abysmal steal chance.
« Last Edit: 2016-07-26 14:40:31 by FrancoiseHarpie »

Spotty Len

• View Profile
« Reply #4009 on: 2016-07-26 14:52:47 »
Hi there, I came close to ragequitting, but I finally beat the Curator during my 2nd visit to the Shinra building. However, he didn't drop anything after the fight ended (which, according to a video I checked later, isn't normal), and he respawned right after I left the room. I don't think there is anything worthwhile when you get to beat him (unless that Micro Engine does something later), so I was thinking of just ignoring the Museum room and continue with the story, but I'd rather have confirmation I'm not missing out on anything.

I'm playing the Steam version, and I only applied the latest New Threat mod (and fixes that came after that), so I really don't know why it keeps coming back, considering it died for good in the video I checked afterwards.

I also came across a problem during the fight. Tifa got her Grit triggered while she was grabbed by the Right Arm, but the arm didn't let her go when she died again, and kept her until it died, still damaging her and charging her Limit Break, even though she was KOed. It happened to me a few times in my previous fights.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4010 on: 2016-07-26 16:42:09 »
By the way, are you going to fix the leftover (but practical) Master Tomberry encounter in the last screen of the left-up path ?
This one is a lifesaver when you spent your only Ribbon for the Masamune and don't want to bet on an abysmal steal chance.

I'm looking to set things up so that it's more convenient to get everything; Master Tonberry will probably have it's drops made consistent but I'll have it be the place to get Ribbons again just like the original game.

Hi there, I came close to ragequitting, but I finally beat the Curator during my 2nd visit to the Shinra building. However, he didn't drop anything after the fight ended (which, according to a video I checked later, isn't normal), and he respawned right after I left the room. I don't think there is anything worthwhile when you get to beat him (unless that Micro Engine does something later), so I was thinking of just ignoring the Museum room and continue with the story, but I'd rather have confirmation I'm not missing out on anything.

I'm playing the Steam version, and I only applied the latest New Threat mod (and fixes that came after that), so I really don't know why it keeps coming back, considering it died for good in the video I checked afterwards.

I also came across a problem during the fight. Tifa got her Grit triggered while she was grabbed by the Right Arm, but the arm didn't let her go when she died again, and kept her until it died, still damaging her and charging her Limit Break, even though she was KOed. It happened to me a few times in my previous fights.

I think it was a leftover from the original script (used to be an Air Buster fight in Dark Cave) that the microengine dropped but wasn't moved elsewhere when 1.4. Curator is completely optional and doesn't drop anything; the only thing to be found is in the diorama room behind him, but... (good job on beating him, btw)

Grit is maybe conflicting with the Imprisoned status, unless he has that thing the older boss had where he won't let go of a KO'd party member. I'll check and see what I can do.

Spotty Len

• View Profile
« Reply #4011 on: 2016-07-26 17:32:09 »
I think it was a leftover from the original script (used to be an Air Buster fight in Dark Cave) that the microengine dropped but wasn't moved elsewhere when 1.4. Curator is completely optional and doesn't drop anything; the only thing to be found is in the diorama room behind him, but... (good job on beating him, btw)
I just went back and checked... what an evil man you are. :P

Grit is maybe conflicting with the Imprisoned status, unless he has that thing the older boss had where he won't let go of a KO'd party member. I'll check and see what I can do.
I tried various setups and it only happened to me when Tifa was targetted. Maybe I was just lucky it didn't happen with other characters, but it only happened with her for me.

Anyway, thanks for your quick answer. Playing the game again with this mod was really enjoyable so far.

Len

• View Profile
« Reply #4012 on: 2016-07-27 10:57:26 »
I have to say this mod is the second-greatest improvement to Final Fantasy 7.

The first greatest is replacing the intro movie with the one where Cloud jumps onto the moving train to save 1 minute and 47 seconds on a new game.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4013 on: 2016-07-27 11:33:15 »
Then let's go one better; if you rename your Movie folder in FF7 to 'nmovie' or any other name then FMVs won't be found in-game and will be skipped completely. Some might break the game later on (don't know which), but you can rename the individual movies to avoid that too if need be.

Len

• View Profile
« Reply #4014 on: 2016-07-27 14:29:07 »
Absence of movies causes the intro to softlock, and changing it causes the music to not play until you kill the MPs. I've not tested with other FMVs but I'm sure that the scripting that goes on during them requires one to be playing.

I don't mind the FMVs, FF7 only has about 47 minutes worth, and a lot of them are used for elevators, animated backgrounds, or are very brief to begin with. I'd estimate that the battle swirl, camera panning, and victory pose are the largest time wasters of a full playthrough. Watching a vid of the first battle and timing it, those combined take up 14 seconds, plus monster death animations which take up 2-3 seconds a head. I don't know how many battles a full playthrough has but I'm certain it exceeds 200.

That would be an interesting analysis, a tally of how much time is spent looking at time-wasters in videogames as opposed to playing it.

jeremyhall2727

• View Profile
« Reply #4015 on: 2016-07-27 15:22:09 »
Thank u for all the hard work

KiSC

• View Profile
« Reply #4016 on: 2016-07-27 17:30:52 »
I apologize if I'm missing the answer to this, but I'm under the impression that leveling up allows us to distribute a sort of stat points in order to build our team the way we want. However I am level 22 and I have yet to see a way to distribute points. They just level up as they always have.

deha0002

• View Profile
« Reply #4017 on: 2016-07-27 18:06:45 »
I know i might be boring with the same questions, but god damnit i have the right to do so!  :wink:

How is Dark Cave/Arrange coming along? Is the Innate's up to date with what was discussed way back (Cid's Barrier, Cloud changing STR/MAg etc)?

Len

• View Profile
« Reply #4018 on: 2016-07-27 18:22:45 »
I apologize if I'm missing the answer to this, but I'm under the impression that leveling up allows us to distribute a sort of stat points in order to build our team the way we want. However I am level 22 and I have yet to see a way to distribute points. They just level up as they always have.
After the boss in Mithril Mines, go through the north exit to the room and examine the broken save point.

The scene takes about 40 seconds to resolve so don't think the game softlocked or anything.
« Last Edit: 2016-07-27 18:27:00 by Len »

KiSC

• View Profile
« Reply #4019 on: 2016-07-27 18:36:33 »
After the boss in Mithril Mines, go through the north exit to the room and examine the broken save point.

The scene takes about 40 seconds to resolve so don't think the game softlocked or anything.

Thank you very much. I should try to stay low level to get the most of it if assume.

Len

• View Profile
« Reply #4020 on: 2016-07-27 20:15:39 »
Your level is irrelevant. You gain SP by killing certain enemies, usually the strongest ones in the area.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4021 on: 2016-07-28 06:54:22 »
Absence of movies causes the intro to softlock, and changing it causes the music to not play until you kill the MPs. I've not tested with other FMVs but I'm sure that the scripting that goes on during them requires one to be playing.

I don't mind the FMVs, FF7 only has about 47 minutes worth, and a lot of them are used for elevators, animated backgrounds, or are very brief to begin with. I'd estimate that the battle swirl, camera panning, and victory pose are the largest time wasters of a full playthrough. Watching a vid of the first battle and timing it, those combined take up 14 seconds, plus monster death animations which take up 2-3 seconds a head. I don't know how many battles a full playthrough has but I'm certain it exceeds 200.

That would be an interesting analysis, a tally of how much time is spent looking at time-wasters in videogames as opposed to playing it.

Really? It worked when I tried it for the Steam version at least, but if you tried it with that and it was a no-go then that's curious; I wonder what's different.

Thank u for all the hard work

No prob, bud. There's more to come.

I know i might be boring with the same questions, but god damnit i have the right to do so!  :wink:

How is Dark Cave/Arrange coming along? Is the Innate's up to date with what was discussed way back (Cid's Barrier, Cloud changing STR/MAg etc)?

I haven't implemented the new innates yet; I need to synch it up with an flevel patch so the text description is consistent. Shouldn't take long though, like a few hours maybe. Dark Cave has it's assets altogether, just need to get the new opening events done and do a full test playthrough. I've a week's holiday coming up which'd be a good time to get it all done.

Spotty Len

• View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: 2016-07-28 09:50:27 »
Sorry to bother again, but I got an issue regarding Red XIII's Sidequest. I went to see Bugenhagen again, I got the message stating I got the Gi Cave Key and the Seraph Comb, but I still can't open the door again. This is all I get.

I don't know if you need to have the key in your Items or if it just a flag, but it is not there.

Len

• View Profile
« Reply #4023 on: 2016-07-28 10:26:19 »
Really? It worked when I tried it for the Steam version at least, but if you tried it with that and it was a no-go then that's curious; I wonder what's different.
I use the Platinum PC release, so it's probably a small change in how FMVs are handled.

SunnyD

• View Profile
« Reply #4024 on: 2016-07-28 11:24:30 »
Sorry to bother again, but I got an issue regarding Red XIII's Sidequest. I went to see Bugenhagen again, I got the message stating I got the Gi Cave Key and the Seraph Comb, but I still can't open the door again. This is all I get.

I don't know if you need to have the key in your Items or if it just a flag, but it is not there.

Have you gone down the Crater yet to where the party is gathered for the last time? That triggers the sidequests even if you get the key beforehand.