Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4867648 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #4075 on: 2016-08-16 18:29:39 »
I'll see if I can a scene patch done for both before I go to work tonight.

Edit: http://www.mediafire.com/download/g6lhg2qn3sv684k/NT_Mod_HotFix_Scene_-_16th_August_2016.zip

That removes the immunity flags from the turrets/treads on Grosspanzer and drops Proud Clod's base defence/mdef by 100 (along with small drops to base power in the magic attacks and removal of Manip from Source Jammer) until I've figured out fixes for both.
« Last Edit: 2016-08-16 18:55:42 by Sega Chief »

Chronoseth

• View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: 2016-08-17 04:29:34 »
Is there any way to tell when Omega Weapon is about to use Terra Break? It seems like it would be survivable if I got the chance to use some Gospel Sparks or defend, but as far as I can tell it has a random attack order.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: 2016-08-17 06:17:26 »
It should follow the same attack order as the FF8 enemy:
-) L5 Death (only used once)
-) Meteor
-) Megiddo Flame
-) Gravija
-) Terra Break
-) Ultima
-) Light Pillar (then restarts at Meteor)

Physical attacks are used at random between these attacks.

Chronoseth

• View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: 2016-08-17 07:59:10 »
Physical attacks are used at random between these attacks.
Thanks, that was the thing throwing me off. I finally managed to beat it.

Lukey_Bug

• View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: 2016-08-17 20:34:28 »
Hey another problem I ran into is trying to start the Meteor Cup. When I enter, pressing start just locks the game up. Tifa just punches the air and the truck driver shakes his head for ever. Disabled all mods except NT but didn't resolve it.

Oh, and I figured out my earlier problem. I had to overwrite with the save converter again for some reason.

But this is really annoying since Tifa is a core member of my team. Thanks for any help.

SunnyD

• View Profile
« Reply #4080 on: 2016-08-17 22:53:21 »
Hey another problem I ran into is trying to start the Meteor Cup. When I enter, pressing start just locks the game up. Tifa just punches the air and the truck driver shakes his head for ever. Disabled all mods except NT but didn't resolve it.

Oh, and I figured out my earlier problem. I had to overwrite with the save converter again for some reason.

But this is really annoying since Tifa is a core member of my team. Thanks for any help.

I had the same issue with Meteor Cup myself during my playthrough. I had to do the previous two cups with Tifa and it worked fine afterwards.

Lukey_Bug

• View Profile
« Reply #4081 on: 2016-08-17 23:11:00 »
Thanks, I'll try that tomorrow. I hope that's the problem. Also, how do you unlock the two cups in between meteor and the other? I thought it was event based but apparently that wasn't the case.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4082 on: 2016-08-18 05:29:12 »
I've really gotta sort Junon Leagues out; it's kinda been abandoned for a long time and tacking on this new thing hasn't helped matters. I likely need to rescript the thing, make it more efficient (not to mention tighten up the encounters). Once Dark Cave is done I'll spend some time getting that finished.

magictrufflez

• View Profile
« Reply #4083 on: 2016-08-19 00:31:31 »
Thanks, I'll try that tomorrow. I hope that's the problem. Also, how do you unlock the two cups in between meteor and the other? I thought it was event based but apparently that wasn't the case.

Granted, I haven't played through this with the latest patches, but if you try fighting in the meteor cup without finishing the other cups, you will freeze things.  When I played through and beat the other cups (1 by 1, unlocking them as you go) meteor cup played through just fine.

DrKirre

• View Profile
« Reply #4084 on: 2016-08-19 16:24:54 »
I have a bit of an odd issue occurring with this mod. Yesterday it worked just fine, I had a good time replaying everything up to reactor #2. Get to it, save and quit for the evening. Today, however? Not only is my save back in Reactor 1 (weird, but whatever), but nothing from this mod, and this mod specifically, is active. It's loaded in 7th heaven, every other mod I'm running works, but New Threat just doesn't apply. Please assist!

EDIT: Upon starting a new game, it asks what kind of New Threat run I want as normal; however, upon entering gameplay, none of the gameplay changes from New Threat are active. This is weird...

EDIT2: This is frustrating - it's seemingly random, now, whether the mod "works" or not. Sometimes when I start a new game the stats and spells are right, sometimes they're wrong. Loading from a save always gives me wrong. It's even in the item descriptions! I have no idea why this is happening or how to fix it.
« Last Edit: 2016-08-19 18:31:41 by DrKirre »

SirBlackMage

• View Profile
« Reply #4085 on: 2016-08-19 18:02:25 »
I'm currently at the raid of Midgar and I've applied the new hotfix for Proud Clod. I was dealing about 6000 damage with Bolt3, but after destroying his armor, I was dealing about 7500. I guess destroying the armor does decrease his defense after all.

Also, what is up with enemies on the Sister Ray, right before Hojo? They all have insane amounts of health, deal big damage, and the SOLDIER dudes come in groups of up to three. Are these enemies for level grinding or something? Because they seem way too strong for normal random encounters and take ages to kill. And while I'm at it, how would you go about morphing these guys? Using sense doesn't work because their health is too high, so would I just have to keep track of their HP outside of the game if I wanted their stuff? That seems pretty convoluted.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4086 on: 2016-08-19 19:42:28 »
I have a bit of an odd issue occurring with this mod. Yesterday it worked just fine, I had a good time replaying everything up to reactor #2. Get to it, save and quit for the evening. Today, however? Not only is my save back in Reactor 1 (weird, but whatever), but nothing from this mod, and this mod specifically, is active. It's loaded in 7th heaven, every other mod I'm running works, but New Threat just doesn't apply. Please assist!

EDIT: Upon starting a new game, it asks what kind of New Threat run I want as normal; however, upon entering gameplay, none of the gameplay changes from New Threat are active. This is weird...

EDIT2: This is frustrating - it's seemingly random, now, whether the mod "works" or not. Sometimes when I start a new game the stats and spells are right, sometimes they're wrong. Loading from a save always gives me wrong. It's even in the item descriptions! I have no idea why this is happening or how to fix it.

My guess is that something has gone awry with the way 7H has been set-up ; if a save file has been reverted/lost then I'm guessing it's the Steam version in some way. 7H is supposed to create a brand new installation separate from Steam, but it sounds like the game is still looking to the Steam game for save files and, presumably, other important files as well. This could mean that the registry wasn't set up correctly or that some form of file security/verification is at work.

This'll seem drastic but you might need to start over and uninstall FF7 entirely so you can start clean. When FF7 Steam is installed, run the Game Converter (with admin permissions so it can get into the registry and make the needed changes), and install the new 7H game directly to C:// rather than program files. When running 7H for the first time, make sure to set the directories it looks into for files are the new files, not the Steam ones. 7H should also be run with full permissions, just in case; anti-virus could also be the culprit because I think the tool injects altered files during run-time which might be running afoul of it.

I'm currently at the raid of Midgar and I've applied the new hotfix for Proud Clod. I was dealing about 6000 damage with Bolt3, but after destroying his armor, I was dealing about 7500. I guess destroying the armor does decrease his defense after all.

Also, what is up with enemies on the Sister Ray, right before Hojo? They all have insane amounts of health, deal big damage, and the SOLDIER dudes come in groups of up to three. Are these enemies for level grinding or something? Because they seem way too strong for normal random encounters and take ages to kill. And while I'm at it, how would you go about morphing these guys? Using sense doesn't work because their health is too high, so would I just have to keep track of their HP outside of the game if I wanted their stuff? That seems pretty convoluted.

Another mystery then, because the defence I set Proud Clod to is actually lower than the adjusted value that the armour would set it at when killed; if damage went up, then that means there's some kind of oddity with the opcodes used to adjust defence.

The Sister Ray is about two screens in length and encounters there are usually missed so I set them up to be above the usual curve as pseudo-optional encounters. Morphing with high HP is a problem that's going to be tackled; my plan is to add a script that displays the max HP (and possible steals/items) of enemies with over 30,000HP in response to the Sense command itself.

DrKirre

• View Profile
« Reply #4087 on: 2016-08-19 21:14:08 »
For testing, I have reinstalled clean a few times and on my non-c, non-Steam drive. It seems to work as long as NT is loaded on the very top of the list ; having the load order set as listed in the 7h install guide kills it, and even if the only things above NT are the model or texture mods, it doesn't function. What weirded me out about the save not working right is that it (now lost, unfortunately)  definitely was my  New Threat save -  Cloud had all three elements equipped despite only having two slots, Barrett was named Mr.T, and the save point script was functioning. I will try installing to Z: this time and completely re-check everything. Are there any files or logs or something that I could generate to send you, perhaps?

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #4088 on: 2016-08-19 21:20:16 »
For testing, I have reinstalled clean a few times and on my non-c, non-Steam drive. It seems to work as long as NT is loaded on the very top of the list ; having the load order set as listed in the 7h install guide kills it, and even if the only things above NT are the model or texture mods, it doesn't function. What weirded me out about the save not working right is that it (now lost, unfortunately)  definitely was my  New Threat save -  Cloud had all three elements equipped despite only having two slots, Barrett was named Mr.T, and the save point script was functioning. I will try installing to Z: this time and completely re-check everything. Are there any files or logs or something that I could generate to send you, perhaps?

Well that's not true, because I have NT 1.4 loaded in 7th Heaven for me manually and it's even loaded on the very bottom, and it works flawlessly so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DrKirre

• View Profile
« Reply #4089 on: 2016-08-19 21:23:08 »
I should have been more clear -  that's what's happening here, on my end. It shouldn't be, I know that for sure, but that's how it is. With any luck D: will work for it.

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #4090 on: 2016-08-19 22:00:51 »
I should have been more clear -  that's what's happening here, on my end. It shouldn't be, I know that for sure, but that's how it is. With any luck D: will work for it.

Oh ok, I see. Yeah, NT has usually worked for me with graphic mods and whatnot when it's loaded at the very bottom, nothing conflicts with any of my recent playthroughs.

SirBlackMage

• View Profile
« Reply #4091 on: 2016-08-19 22:50:04 »
Another mystery then, because the defence I set Proud Clod to is actually lower than the adjusted value that the armour would set it at when killed; if damage went up, then that means there's some kind of oddity with the opcodes used to adjust defence.

The Sister Ray is about two screens in length and encounters there are usually missed so I set them up to be above the usual curve as pseudo-optional encounters. Morphing with high HP is a problem that's going to be tackled; my plan is to add a script that displays the max HP (and possible steals/items) of enemies with over 30,000HP in response to the Sense command itself.

Good to know about the morph thing, thanks for the answers!

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #4092 on: 2016-08-19 23:50:26 »
Just so you know, load order priority within 7H is from top to bottom. It seems odd that loading NT at the bottom fixed your issue, meaning that everything above takes priority over any of the shared files between said mods and NT. You got rid of your issue by getting rid of components from NT...hmm.
« Last Edit: 2016-08-19 23:52:08 by EQ2Alyza »

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #4093 on: 2016-08-20 00:37:01 »
Just so you know, load order priority within 7H is from top to bottom. It seems odd that loading NT at the bottom fixed your issue, meaning that everything above takes priority over any of the shared files between said mods and NT. You got rid of your issue by getting rid of components from NT...hmm.

Yeah, I can't really figure out why that's the case. Because all field events/scenes/scripts play out normally as if I was running NT 1.4 on it's own. But since I'm running all the graphic mods above it as well, it's like the NT isn't even aware I'm running graphic mods at all, which, I guess is ok? lol

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #4094 on: 2016-08-20 04:44:00 »
Well anything that has Textures in the title will not share files with the any option from the Gameplay - Difficulty and Story category, so it doesn't matter where those load.

It's mods that share the flevel.lgp, scene.bin, and kernel.bin that could throw off the NT mod. I suppose the Field Models as well, since SC says the char.lgp from NT is a necessity. NT needs to load above all those.

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #4095 on: 2016-08-20 06:46:28 »
Well anything that has Textures in the title will not share files with the any option from the Gameplay - Difficulty and Story category, so it doesn't matter where those load.

It's mods that share the flevel.lgp, scene.bin, and kernel.bin that could throw off the NT mod. I suppose the Field Models as well, since SC says the char.lgp from NT is a necessity. NT needs to load above all those.

Yeah, I know for a fact for enemy battle models I have none of those running in 7th Heaven so nothing would conflict with the battle scenes. but I have NPC character models running with NT and nothing has conflicted with it at all, I know this for a fact cause I've made it to as far as the Crater and the game never crashed for me.

BertShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #4096 on: 2016-08-20 11:34:02 »
I'll see if I can a scene patch done for both before I go to work tonight.

Edit: http://www.mediafire.com/download/g6lhg2qn3sv684k/NT_Mod_HotFix_Scene_-_16th_August_2016.zip

That removes the immunity flags from the turrets/treads on Grosspanzer and drops Proud Clod's base defence/mdef by 100 (along with small drops to base power in the magic attacks and removal of Manip from Source Jammer) until I've figured out fixes for both.

First of all, thanks for all, second, i have to apologise  about my last post, it was too raugh.

About the patch, now the battle is a lot funnier because he can kill you but, you can kill him before you're MPs goes to 0.

One thing more, I want to know the HP of this enemies if it's possible:

-Iron Giant.
-Master Tomberry.
-Mover.
-Armored Golem.
-King Behemot.
-Pollensalta.
-Crater Dragon.
-Dragon Zombie (or Zombie Dragon).
-Malboro.

That's all, I want it because.... Morph XD.

Thanks for all, Sega.
« Last Edit: 2016-08-20 23:28:11 by BertShadow »

Spotty Len

• View Profile
« Reply #4097 on: 2016-08-20 13:55:56 »
Is the second to last area in the Ancient Forest supposed to send you outside instead of the Cave area? I couldn't find any info on a change to that.

Nevermind, found my answer, sorry about that.

EDIT : I have another question instead.

The guy who checks if something was missed in the Highwind keeps telling me about Cloud's innate ability being ON. I'm not sure of what this is supposed to be. Like, did I miss the activation, or was it activated correctly?
« Last Edit: 2016-08-20 14:37:44 by Spotty Len »

Chronoseth

• View Profile
« Reply #4098 on: 2016-08-20 18:00:08 »
I just grabbed Mime from its materia cave, and for some reason it has the usual two stars and didn't drop mastered.

Am I right to think that's not intentional?

Murasame

• View Profile
« Reply #4099 on: 2016-08-21 12:49:06 »
First of all, thanks for all, second, i have to apologise  about my last post, it was too raugh.

About the patch, now the battle is a lot funnier because he can kill you but, you can kill him before you're MPs goes to 0.

One thing more, I want to know the HP of this enemies if it's possible:

-Iron Giant.
-Master Tomberry.
-Mover.
-Armored Golem.
-King Behemot.
-Pollensalta.
-Crater Dragon.
-Dragon Zombie (or Zombie Dragon).
-Malboro.

That's all, I want it because.... Morph XD.

Thanks for all, Sega.

I have some of the HP values that I painstakingly worked out. I can't attest to their 100% precision but they are very close and should let you chip away most of their health before switching to morph

Iron Giant - 147000
King Behemoth - 168400
Golem - 111500
Tonberry - 130000