Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4838985 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #4100 on: 2016-08-21 14:16:09 »
Gotten a bit ill the last couple of days, let's see:

-Iron Giant - 147,000
-Master Tomberry - 129,000
-Mover - 55,000
-Armored Golem - 115,000
-King Behemot - 168,000
-Pollensalta - 77,000
-Crater Dragon - 103,000
-Dragon Zombie (or Zombie Dragon) - 153,000
-Malboro - 99,400

Pretty close, Murasame; you got Iron Man's HP dead on.

Is the second to last area in the Ancient Forest supposed to send you outside instead of the Cave area? I couldn't find any info on a change to that.

Nevermind, found my answer, sorry about that.

EDIT : I have another question instead.

The guy who checks if something was missed in the Highwind keeps telling me about Cloud's innate ability being ON. I'm not sure of what this is supposed to be. Like, did I miss the activation, or was it activated correctly?

Cloud was given an innate fairly late on, but it depends on a battle to flip the variable properly (doing it from the field doesn't seem to work); I can probably deactivate this now as it's only for save games that were already past the battle that does this.

I just grabbed Mime from its materia cave, and for some reason it has the usual two stars and didn't drop mastered.

Am I right to think that's not intentional?

Maybe an AP change in the kernel and forgot to update it on the field; I'll adjust it.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4101 on: 2016-08-23 08:27:22 »
Update on progress, the event scripting for Dark Cave on the whole is now finally done; I've got optimisations to make to the new scenes and battle balance needs to be set which might prove tricky. I also need to do some testing on Shinra HQ and other Midgar areas to fix script clashes, someone said that it was inaccessible during the Midgar Raid on Disc 2 for instance.

Lukey_Bug

• View Profile
« Reply #4102 on: 2016-08-23 10:34:24 »
Im trying to get everyone's ultimate weapon but hit a snag with yuffie. I can't find the oritsuru anywhere. I know i never received or found it because I didn't sell any weapons at all.

I've been all over looking for it,so a location would help out a lot. Thanks

SunnyD

• View Profile
« Reply #4103 on: 2016-08-23 11:26:36 »
Im trying to get everyone's ultimate weapon but hit a snag with yuffie. I can't find the oritsuru anywhere. I know i never received or found it because I didn't sell any weapons at all.

I've been all over looking for it,so a location would help out a lot. Thanks

I believe that's morphing a Zombie Dragon in Northern Cave.

Lukey_Bug

• View Profile
« Reply #4104 on: 2016-08-23 13:22:32 »
Ah, ok. Thanks.

SirBlackMage

• View Profile
« Reply #4105 on: 2016-08-24 23:16:31 »
After watching a video of the Turks fight in Midgar, I got reminded that I never actually fought them. They just didn't appear for me. What's up with that?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4106 on: 2016-08-25 05:07:23 »
I would have said that maybe you ran down the tunnel and missed the event line (it's possible to skip the encounter by accident due to it not fully extending across the entire floor) but someone else mentioned this as well. I'll double-check it just to be sure.

Spotty Len

• View Profile
« Reply #4107 on: 2016-08-25 05:32:46 »
Huh. I thought it was intentional because you moved the encounter elsewhere or something, but I never fought them either.

Fauve

• View Profile
« Reply #4108 on: 2016-08-27 04:36:10 »
Is there a way to refund sources gained from Rank ups? I think I screwed up Vincent's build by giving him too much VIT (which seems unnecessary since he's always in the back row) and would like to give him STR instead (to help power his Limit Breaks).

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4109 on: 2016-08-27 16:55:06 »
Sorry bud, sources are permanent; but you can re-allocate them using a save editor. First, open the FF7 Launcher (very important) then open Black Chocobo (name of the save editor). Open the Save File you want to change, and you'll see that there's a separate value for Sources in a character's stats. You can reduce this for Vit and move them to STR instead. After saving changes, start the game (do not close the launcher or you'll lose the altered save file when you next start it) and load the save file. Make a save in-game and it'll check out with the game's save DRM from then on.

I'd recommend making a back-up save file in-game on a different slot-folder; you know how there's 10 slots containing 15 files each? If a slot doesn't check out with the save DRM then it'll be deleted, so having your current save file in another slot will keep it safe in case something goes wrong.

Fauve

• View Profile
« Reply #4110 on: 2016-08-27 20:38:38 »
Thanks! I'll give it a try.

SirBlackMage

• View Profile
« Reply #4111 on: 2016-08-28 16:36:45 »
Just came here to say that I really enjoyed the Zack battle. It actually took me three tries to beat it, and even with proper preparation it definitely wasn't easy. The tension was real the whole way through (The battle actually took a little over 20 minutes, since I thought every action through carefully and started playing very defensively just before his Apocalypse counter), and it was awesome once I finally beat him. I haven't tried any other of the post-Northern Cave sidequests, but I hope that the battles will also be this thrilling. Great job, Chief!

Spotty Len

• View Profile
« Reply #4112 on: 2016-08-28 22:24:47 »
About Netzechariah, is there any other way to beat it other than depleting its HP before reaching 39 attacks? I managed to beat him by brute forcing it with 4 Yellow Waves and a Lucky Pill, but it was kind of a cheap shot, and I can't help feeling I missed something. 22k damage per attack counter sounds like a lot to do, but I feel a bit bad wasting all those Yellow Waves to reach it.

Although, exploiting its elemental attacks to get healed was also kind of a cheap shot...

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4113 on: 2016-08-29 00:20:55 »
Just came here to say that I really enjoyed the Zack battle. It actually took me three tries to beat it, and even with proper preparation it definitely wasn't easy. The tension was real the whole way through (The battle actually took a little over 20 minutes, since I thought every action through carefully and started playing very defensively just before his Apocalypse counter), and it was awesome once I finally beat him. I haven't tried any other of the post-Northern Cave sidequests, but I hope that the battles will also be this thrilling. Great job, Chief!

Let me know which fights you don't like; everything needs to be good before I leave the mod be/get hit by lightning.

About Netzechariah, is there any other way to beat it other than depleting its HP before reaching 39 attacks? I managed to beat him by brute forcing it with 4 Yellow Waves and a Lucky Pill, but it was kind of a cheap shot, and I can't help feeling I missed something. 22k damage per attack counter sounds like a lot to do, but I feel a bit bad wasting all those Yellow Waves to reach it.

Although, exploiting its elemental attacks to get healed was also kind of a cheap shot...

The only thing I consider cheap is overflow damage. The fight was specced up to need something special to bring it down. As far as elemental attacks go, I think I made one phase use mostly elemental hits so you could take the sting out of that by protecting against some of them/bring Shield in.

Lukey_Bug

• View Profile
« Reply #4114 on: 2016-08-29 23:21:54 »
Ive found another one. Using multi hit attacks against the jenovas(north crater) causes them to freeze. Specifically I was using Ultima x4 w-magic and after the second hit they'd all freeze mid reaction. Happened a few times in a row. I was too frustrated to try just using single hits, so ill try that tomorrow. And maybe I'll try turning off enemy battle models.

Just wanted to chime in.

SirBlackMage

• View Profile
« Reply #4115 on: 2016-08-30 02:42:31 »
Could somebody tell me where you get the Planet materia? I've already done a lot of the endgame sidequests but haven't found it yet.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4116 on: 2016-08-30 06:12:28 »
Ive found another one. Using multi hit attacks against the jenovas(north crater) causes them to freeze. Specifically I was using Ultima x4 w-magic and after the second hit they'd all freeze mid reaction. Happened a few times in a row. I was too frustrated to try just using single hits, so ill try that tomorrow. And maybe I'll try turning off enemy battle models.

Just wanted to chime in.

The jenova fight is semi-broken at the moment; the two 'totems' can cause a crash when the arms on the main enemy are killed but there's also another issue that exists from the default game with Quadded-Ultima; if it is used on any enemy with multiple parts while combined with HP or MP Absorb then it freezes: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Quadra_Magic_Ultima_glitch (the wiki incorrectly states that the issue does not exist with Jenova Synthesis). I can fix the first issue by removing the two additional enemies, but the second is a game-engine problem.

Lukey_Bug

• View Profile
« Reply #4117 on: 2016-08-30 09:22:00 »
Then that may be my problem. I'll take off mp absorb. Thanks,  I never heard of that particular bug before.

SirBlackMage

• View Profile
« Reply #4118 on: 2016-09-01 13:16:04 »
I'm having trouble initiating two of the Limit Break sidequests. I went to Nibelheim with Tifa in my party and played the song multiple times, I even looked it up to confirm I was playing it correctly. Cloud always says "I've heard this melody before. Dunno where, though", then he scratches his head and that's that. I also went to Wutai with Yuffie in my party and talked to Godo. I have picked up the Leviathan Scales at the Submarine Dock but Godo doesn't have anything different to say. I got all of the information on where to find the Limit Breaks in the "where is this thing" file. Have the requirements changed and is it not up to date anymore? Because I don't have any idea what to do.

Lukey_Bug

• View Profile
« Reply #4119 on: 2016-09-01 14:24:33 »
Tifa has to be party leader, and go to the shrine room in godos house for yuffie

SirBlackMage

• View Profile
« Reply #4120 on: 2016-09-01 15:22:41 »
Tifa has to be party leader, and go to the shrine room in godos house for yuffie

Thank you. I just realized that there was actually a new airship worker in the cockpit who tells you this stuff. I was going off the "where is this thing" file the whole time, which is kind of sad considering I've done almost all sidequests.

SirBlackMage

• View Profile
« Reply #4121 on: 2016-09-03 00:02:37 »
I'm trying to get all the enemy skills and I'm only missing a single one: L5 Death. As far as I know, the Parasites still have it, but they just won't use it no matter what I do. Does anyone have an idea how I can learn it?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4122 on: 2016-09-03 17:20:12 »
L5 Death was changed into something else; I think the red couerls in the upper areas of the Crater (before the split up) should have it now.

seijuro

• View Profile
    • Top-notch Сasual Dating - Verified Females
« Reply #4123 on: 2016-09-04 05:35:39 »
this might have been answered already but I'm level 52 in Mideel, and none of the enemies give out EXP at all?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4124 on: 2016-09-04 06:08:21 »
I'll check the AI script; I think I set it up to give 0 if the player is under a certain level because people were using the Mideel enemies to get massive amounts of exp on Disc 1 (the exp scaling is much, much higher than before).