Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837512 times)

ZaruenKosai

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #5450 on: 2017-06-12 18:12:15 »
It's also a fact that I fixed many of the fields - and any that conflict with NT will cause crashes or other problems.
New Threat adds a lot of new content, and that in turn creates the need for text for some of that, which is then listed somewhere in the textfile lists and data. So it's likely the two mods are having a bad reaction to eachother due to both using the same list in different ways, creating conflicts as a consequence.

okay thats too bad, i really liked the Re-Translation.. but  new threat is basically a game overhaul . ive played using the retranslation before, i never had a chance to play new threat so ill have to go with that...  new threat  because of all the changes and new content to gameplay...  perhaps sega chief can find a way to incorporate the re-translation into his mod if its allowed in a  further update ... having both of these together would have been awesome! :P

thank you for clarification
« Last Edit: 2017-06-12 18:14:33 by ZaruenKosai »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5451 on: 2017-06-12 22:56:04 »
You know Sega, I've seen a lot of things in this mod. The Cait Sith Tank, Fluffles MKII, Omega Weapon and Nemesis, however all of that pales in comparison to the New Threat Temple of the Ancient boss. I...I don't know what was going through your head when you made that, but you are a sick, twisted, beautiful man, and keep that up cause that was the best thing I've ever seen. It just....it was just so good actually started laughing when I saw it. And the story before it just fit so well. Just beautiful.

I've a few new faces joining the roster for 1.5; hopefully they give the older ones a run for their money.

okay thats too bad, i really liked the Re-Translation.. but  new threat is basically a game overhaul . ive played using the retranslation before, i never had a chance to play new threat so ill have to go with that...  new threat  because of all the changes and new content to gameplay...  perhaps sega chief can find a way to incorporate the re-translation into his mod if its allowed in a  further update ... having both of these together would have been awesome! :P

thank you for clarification

I'll sort that out once 1.5 is out and Reunion is finished. We found recently that Touph Script works with NT after all, so it might be easier than originally thought.

kardosism

• View Profile
« Reply #5452 on: 2017-06-13 00:56:24 »
First of all amazing work with this mod, it's really been a blast playing it during the last few days. However, I tried to do the platinum new battle in battle square and I'm experiencing a softlock just after starting the fight. I can control my characters, choose their actions, but nothing happens and the boss just stares at me. Actually a similar thing happened fighting against a worm in the prison desert earlier in the game, really wish there's a solution so I can beat the fight and full clear the mod. Thanks for your time and hopefully for your help :)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5453 on: 2017-06-13 01:56:27 »
Did you use the regular installer or is it the 7H IRO version? If it's the regular one, try applying the scene hotfix patch to the game (same install method).

Ice30

• View Profile
« Reply #5454 on: 2017-06-13 09:30:03 »
I have a bug to report. When doing Cait siths side quest and you talk to him infront of the bridge, if you select 'leave it for now' the game crashes and will not accept any input. Pretty minor but just so you know...

ZaruenKosai

• View Profile
« Reply #5455 on: 2017-06-13 10:36:00 »
hey sega chief, do you know how to make the battle scenes fill the entire screen , im not sure if its incompatibility with your mod.. but no matter what I do I cant seem to get it to happen..

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #5456 on: 2017-06-13 10:52:35 »
A suggestion for end of disc 1 to make the fight harder and more interesting, you should lock the party to have Cloud and Aeris and let the user to select the 3rd party member and start the battle with Aeris on 0 HP so it sort of forces you to use Life spell or a phoenix item to get all 3 characters and then start attacking.

This would make the boss harder since you get sent in to the boss fight with 2 characters that are alive and is slightly cooler for the story than using a phoenix item after...

kardosism

• View Profile
« Reply #5457 on: 2017-06-13 11:03:21 »
Did you use the regular installer or is it the 7H IRO version? If it's the regular one, try applying the scene hotfix patch to the game (same install method).

Works like a charm !
I downloaded the installer a few days ago so I thought the path wasn't needed. Thank you very much sir ! :)

Ice30

• View Profile
« Reply #5458 on: 2017-06-13 14:38:48 »
I have another bug to report... I just beat Zack but I did not get the cutscene afterwards where he gives you the oversoul shard and omnislash D:

Is there a way I can just save edit those items into my inventory? Does black chocobo work with new threat?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5459 on: 2017-06-13 16:58:10 »
I have a bug to report. When doing Cait siths side quest and you talk to him infront of the bridge, if you select 'leave it for now' the game crashes and will not accept any input. Pretty minor but just so you know...

Thanks for letting me know, I'll check it.
hey sega chief, do you know how to make the battle scenes fill the entire screen , im not sure if its incompatibility with your mod.. but no matter what I do I cant seem to get it to happen..

It's an .exe edit (?) so it should work with NT; I've never used it though.

A suggestion for end of disc 1 to make the fight harder and more interesting, you should lock the party to have Cloud and Aeris and let the user to select the 3rd party member and start the battle with Aeris on 0 HP so it sort of forces you to use Life spell or a phoenix item to get all 3 characters and then start attacking.

This would make the boss harder since you get sent in to the boss fight with 2 characters that are alive and is slightly cooler for the story than using a phoenix item after...

I don't like that idea for several reasons:
1) It interrupts the scene for a menu to equip Aeris/chara select
2) Starting KO'd isn't really a mechanic, it's just something that slows you down at the start of the fight
3) The fight shouldn't be too hard, as there's a lengthy scene beforehand and I don't want to use a Retry script there.
4) The following scene then needs to be skipped which would make for an abrupt transition

I have another bug to report... I just beat Zack but I did not get the cutscene afterwards where he gives you the oversoul shard and omnislash D:

Is there a way I can just save edit those items into my inventory? Does black chocobo work with new threat?

There should be a Debug NPC on the Highwind outside the chocobo pen that can hand over Omnislash (he's the one moving around doing squats). If he doesn't give you it, or doesn't appear, then let me know. Black Chocobo does work with NT but take care not to adjust character Levels or Materia as the values used will be messed up.

ZaruenKosai

• View Profile
« Reply #5460 on: 2017-06-13 22:16:56 »
It's an .exe edit (?) so it should work with NT; I've never used it though.

I don't like that idea for several reasons:
1) It interrupts the scene for a menu to equip Aeris/chara select
2) Starting KO'd isn't really a mechanic, it's just something that slows you down at the start of the fight
3) The fight shouldn't be too hard, as there's a lengthy scene beforehand and I don't want to use a Retry script there.
4) The following scene then needs to be skipped which would make for an abrupt transition

There should be a Debug NPC on the Highwind outside the chocobo pen that can hand over Omnislash (he's the one moving around doing squats). If he doesn't give you it, or doesn't appear, then let me know. Black Chocobo does work with NT but take care not to adjust character Levels or Materia as the values used will be messed up.

How do you get your battles to full screen  than? Or you prefer to use the Command Boxes?( Menu Overhaul crashes when used with this mod and 7th heaven for me.)

Worst case scenario I dont mind the battle boxes too much... i m just so used to not having them since the last 10x ive played without them... it will be awkward going back for a bit. No worries though.

If thats what must be done to enjoy your mod, it will be done.

Tsuna

• Global moderator
  • Working together to create awesome things!
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #5461 on: 2017-06-13 23:33:51 »
Hey Sega, any chance you could explain to me how this extra currency you got works?
For you level up thingy.

It's fine if it's a trade secret though, i think i may be able to use a simmilar idea for a full class systrm

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #5462 on: 2017-06-14 00:25:04 »
Hey Sega, any chance you could explain to me how this extra currency you got works?
For you level up thingy.

It's fine if it's a trade secret though, i think i may be able to use a simmilar idea for a full class systrm
I'm putting details in a spoiler box (you will have to click on the box for those details to show), but here you go. Details, as requested.

Spoiler: show
The character stats are 'set' in this mod, and in order to increase them, Sega Chief used the "Dating Pool" setup and tied it to ALL of the characters. The more those characters are used, or depending on some of the dialogue options picked, those characters get point increases in the stat pool. Anyways, while going through the Mythril Mines on the road to Junon, there is an 'odd' save point you can touch. Doing so makes ALL of the save points after that give you options for using the save points to talk with 'salesman' who can give you the items for point increases after the pool points reach a certain number. I believe it's "100", but it could be "200". Either way though, the pool has a limit of 250 for each character, and after 'using' it, it drops the pool point by a certain amount. After that, you have to build it back up by having the characters defeat certain types and levels of monsters and participate in certain optional events.

And that should explain things for you there. ;D
« Last Edit: 2017-06-14 00:26:39 by Robo Jesus »

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #5463 on: 2017-06-14 01:38:30 »
Oh, i appreciate that but i didn't quite mean an explanation of it in game, i meant more the coding side of it.
How it works behind the scenes and such.

But actually i think i got what i needed from that.
You were more help than you thought you were
« Last Edit: 2017-06-14 01:40:26 by Tsunamix »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5464 on: 2017-06-14 02:01:12 »
How do you get your battles to full screen  than? Or you prefer to use the Command Boxes?( Menu Overhaul crashes when used with this mod and 7th heaven for me.)

I don't use the full screen mod, it throws me off a bit.
Oh, i appreciate that but i didn't quite mean an explanation of it in game, i meant more the coding side of it.
How it works behind the scenes and such.

There are some global vars that can be read/written within the battle module and then used by the field module (and vise-versa).

One var is used to store SP obtained in battle. When a Save Point is accessed, the value held in this is added onto 9 separate vars, one for each of the characters. The battle SP var is then reset to 0.

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #5465 on: 2017-06-14 02:02:41 »
EDIT: I think i got a solution to my thing using empty Vars. Which also happened to come from you.
Credit due guys. If my next mod is a success it's party because of this dude :D

(No assuming gender, just the way i speak)
« Last Edit: 2017-06-14 05:19:30 by Tsunamix »

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5466 on: 2017-06-14 02:51:53 »
I'm not sure if it's because Tifa's Premium Heart (or just Tifa) is so strong, or Barret's Missing Score is underpowered or I don't understand how it works, but His damage is nowhere near Tifas. She has 166 Strength and he has 160, but she is doing 5k per hit with 4x cut, and he's only doing over 1k. The only way I can get it to be useful is if I fill Barrets Slots with All Materia's. But for a tank that's not very useful at all. The only really useful build I can see him with is 2 covers, 4 Counters, Restore + All, Double Cut, and then either another Counter or an All for more damage. Honestly Masamune so far is a much better choice over Missing Score. He doesn't match up to Tifa in damage, but he's doing 3k on 4x cut instead of 1k.

There appears to be a bug in the Dark Cave where if you go in with Tifa as your leader, it won't let you take her out of your party once she's rejoined.

Also, is there not supposed to be a working save point in the entirety of Shinra Tower? It's just super irritating to go through 3 save points without any of them working properly, fighting and FINALLY beating Curator, and then go through the last boss fights in Shinra Tower, getting killed cause status affect overload, and now all that progress is gone. I'm just going to jot that down as Dark Cave being super buggy as I've heard that it is so.  Not fighting Curator again though, knowing that I beat him is good enough for me.

The boss after the last boss of Shinra Tower (the one near the end during the countdown) also soft locked after using Quadra Ultima on him. It went off 3 times before he stopped moving and the game soft locked.

Hmm, I've also found something interesting. Not sure if it's been a thing as I've never had to deal with Resist so much in any other version of this game, but you can get through Resist to put a buff on if you start the battle with Resist (like with the Goldberry fight.) The set up I had when I found this out, was Sneak Attack Restore then Sneak Attack Barrier. Regen gets blocked, but Wall goes through perfectly fine (pretty sure Wall normally gets blocked by Resist.) So it seems like Resist only blocks one buff per characters turn before blocking another one, or something to that effect.

Also Also, I have to report a huge bug that has been prevalent through the entire game, and even more so in the Dark Cave. I think there is some sort of memory leak, cause while I was playing it last night, I looked at my clock, and somehow it was 4 hours since I started. I don't feel as if I was playing through Dark Cave that long, but suddenly it's 4 hours later and I'm a bit worried. If you could patch that that would be great.
« Last Edit: 2017-06-14 21:33:00 by strife98 »

Ice30

• View Profile
« Reply #5467 on: 2017-06-14 10:01:49 »

Thanks Sega, you are very responsive so please don't take my reports as being complaints, I am just trying to help you as much as possible because I think your project is awesome.

In the documentation it says that Jersey can be morphed into a turbo ether, but he only can be morphed into an ether so there is a bit of discrepancy there. Anyway I was able to get omnislash from the npc, I will just get the oversoul shard from battle square. Cheers

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5468 on: 2017-06-14 22:22:31 »
I'm not sure if it's because Tifa's Premium Heart (or just Tifa) is so strong, or Barret's Missing Score is underpowered or I don't understand how it works, but His damage is nowhere near Tifas. She has 166 Strength and he has 160, but she is doing 5k per hit with 4x cut, and he's only doing over 1k. The only way I can get it to be useful is if I fill Barrets Slots with All Materia's. But for a tank that's not very useful at all. The only really useful build I can see him with is 2 covers, 4 Counters, Restore + All, Double Cut, and then either another Counter or an All for more damage. Honestly Masamune so far is a much better choice over Missing Score. He doesn't match up to Tifa in damage, but he's doing 3k on 4x cut instead of 1k.

There appears to be a bug in the Dark Cave where if you go in with Tifa as your leader, it won't let you take her out of your party once she's rejoined.

Also, is there not supposed to be a working save point in the entirety of Shinra Tower? It's just super irritating to go through 3 save points without any of them working properly, fighting and FINALLY beating Curator, and then go through the last boss fights in Shinra Tower, getting killed cause status affect overload, and now all that progress is gone. I'm just going to jot that down as Dark Cave being super buggy as I've heard that it is so.  Not fighting Curator again though, knowing that I beat him is good enough for me.

The boss after the last boss of Shinra Tower (the one near the end during the countdown) also soft locked after using Quadra Ultima on him. It went off 3 times before he stopped moving and the game soft locked.

Hmm, I've also found something interesting. Not sure if it's been a thing as I've never had to deal with Resist so much in any other version of this game, but you can get through Resist to put a buff on if you start the battle with Resist (like with the Goldberry fight.) The set up I had when I found this out, was Sneak Attack Restore then Sneak Attack Barrier. Regen gets blocked, but Wall goes through perfectly fine (pretty sure Wall normally gets blocked by Resist.) So it seems like Resist only blocks one buff per characters turn before blocking another one, or something to that effect.

Also Also, I have to report a huge bug that has been prevalent through the entire game, and even more so in the Dark Cave. I think there is some sort of memory leak, cause while I was playing it last night, I looked at my clock, and somehow it was 4 hours since I started. I don't feel as if I was playing through Dark Cave that long, but suddenly it's 4 hours later and I'm a bit worried. If you could patch that that would be great.

I'll review Missing Score and do some tests with it. The soft-lock you got is an engine problem with the game when using Ultima + Quadra & Ultima + MP/HP Absorb on anything with multiple parts: https://youtu.be/g26aDhmq_N8

I've went through Dark Cave and fixed the long-standing issues in there, including the save points and some other things.

The Resist thing sounds interesting, not heard of that one before.

It's intended for time to go by faster while playing NT; this is so Carmine Weapon's Kcatta Emit Storm will result in an instant wipe when you fight him :3

Thanks Sega, you are very responsive so please don't take my reports as being complaints, I am just trying to help you as much as possible because I think your project is awesome.

In the documentation it says that Jersey can be morphed into a turbo ether, but he only can be morphed into an ether so there is a bit of discrepancy there. Anyway I was able to get omnislash from the npc, I will just get the oversoul shard from battle square. Cheers

There's a spreadsheet I'm planning to fully update for the new release that'll list all the drops, etc. Same with the other document that lists where important stuff is.

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #5469 on: 2017-06-14 22:29:12 »
Out of curiousity, was the optional fight with the X-ATM Scorpion removed from the Corel Prison, or is there now some requirement needed for it to be able to happen? I ask as it has been some months since last I did a play-through, and there have been changes since then, and this detail stood out to me since it's apparently now missing.

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5470 on: 2017-06-14 23:58:32 »

And that concludes the adventures, of Quasicloudo, and Ray-Tifa. Man that was so good. It brought back a lot of the feel I had when I beat the base game for the first time, and threw in some more as well. It really makes you think of strategies you never thought of before. At the end, the team that became the most useful was: (This spoiler is a break down of the build and main strategy I went with when fighting most of the bosses with a few tweaks here and there for specific bosses, if you don't want it don't click. WARNING: It is a wall of text.)

Tifa with Premium Heart and a Shinra Alpha or Zeidrich makes things a LOT easier. 4x cut with like 6 or 7 Counters, Restore + All, and a Bahamut ZERO (or KOTR) + Final Attack which plays well with her Grit ability. Then throw on an MP Plus so that her MP is maxed out for maximum damage. Have someone cast Dragon Force on her and she'll tear through most things like paper. Thanks to the Auto-Crits from Dragon Force, her basic attack from 4x Cut does more damage than all 7 parts of her Limit Break sometimes. And run if you hit her cause she'll come back with at least 3 or 4 Counters and follow it up with another 4x Cut combo. Even without Dragon Force she is definitely a force to be reckoned with. Only struggle is keeping her alive, but that's where the other two come in.

Super Tank Barret with either a Warrior Bangle to further bolster his stupid high defenses, or a Fourth Bracelet to reinforce his low magic defenses and a Ribbon. He's the one that'll stay alive, and without any negative status's, or any for that matter, but his defenses more than make up for that. Give him the Masamune so he can keep up with Powerhouse Tifa, then throw on Heal + All to make sure the rest of the team gets all fixed up if you are hit with some nasty status's. You could throw on a Restore + All, but I feel Enemy Skill is a much better replacement. White Wind will keep everyone generally at max health thanks to Barret's super high health. Then, throw on a Revive + All cause he'll normally be the last one standing after a group attack (unless it's a spell, then you better hope you have Wall up, and the other two healed to tank it and then bring Barret back lol). Add on two Covers so that he'll take every single target phyical attack, and then fill the rest of the empty slots with counters so he can hit them right back after the Cover and you got yourself a damn fine tank! Careful of his MP though, those Enemy Skills drain his low MP super fast so have some Ethers/Turbo Ethers at the ready.

Now, this next one is per choice if possible. I prefer to have my 3rd character be Aerith. Her high magic, and Final Limit break are a fantastic edition to the roster. Give her her Princess Guard for those 4 double slots, and a Zeidrich or Shinra Alpha for even more fun 4 double slot fun. Princess Guards ability to give shield seems amazing at first, buuuut, in most fight's it ends up being a negative since most boss's can attack through shield. You are better off having her use Cure to heal. Master Magic + MP Turbo with a Mega All thrown in somewhere is the greatest thing for her. Throw on Restore + Sneak Attack and Barrier + Sneak Attack for quick full buffs at the start of the battle so you'll be set. Don't want her to deal with many status effects but want her to keep good buffs? Throw on Hades + Added Effect on her Armor, and you have yourself a weak Ribbon. But what to do with those other three double slots? Hmm, oh I know, how does cheese sound to you? Throw on Planet + Quadra Magic, Planet + Mp Turbo, and Planet + Magic Counter, and BOOM instant Chedder. You could sub out Magic Counter for Mp Absorb for even better cheese, but at a risk of crashing thanks to an engine bug that I've recently found out about. I also liked subbing Planet + Magic Counter with a Summon + Quadra Magic for that extra damage in case I run out of Quadra Magic on Planet, or if I wanna start a fight with a BANG. After all that magic her health is looking a bit low, throw on that HP Plus you have, and she'll have HP that is a bit more than Tifa's

Unfortunately you can't leave Cloud out of everything. Sometimes you get stuck with him, and that's alright. Him and Aerith are easily tradable. His magic isn't as high as Aerith's, but it's good enough for what you need to do. Throw on an accessory that boosts his magic a bit if you feel it's just not doing enough.

With this set up, I was able to take down Pinnacle without an MP Turbo'd KOTR + Great Gospel, and without switching party's. Tifa straight brute forced through the healing doing 9999 per 4x Cut hit while Cloud Quad Ultima'd the head down whenever it came up. I was about to start setting up to switch to another party when Pinnacle used Stigma hitting everyone. Next thing you know, Barret Countering 3 times doing about 3k each, Cloud countering with Ultima doing about the same, then Tifa Countering about 5 or 6 times doing 9999, then following it up with 4x Cut right to the jaw of Pinnacle knocking him right out! So good. 

I can't wait till 1.5 and to try out all the new stuff you've got planned. I'll be looking forward to it!
« Last Edit: 2017-06-15 00:00:06 by strife98 »

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #5471 on: 2017-06-15 02:09:44 »
I kind of know what I want for 1.5.

First, for one of the magic materias, such as the Sleep/Silence materia, to be given the "Wind" element, so I'm not stuck using the summon materias for giving weapons/armor that element when and where needed.

Second, for Sega Chief to use some of the leftover 14 "DON'T USE" items (#10 through #23) that are currently un-used for Relics and Armor, along with maybe an item that 'causes' fights to happen when used. That sort of thing.

Third, for the guard you have to bribe to get into Junon to actually ask for a 'serious' bribe. A thousand Gil at the minimum, with the prices getting higher from there.
« Last Edit: 2017-06-15 03:12:42 by Robo Jesus »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5472 on: 2017-06-15 04:28:44 »
Out of curiousity, was the optional fight with the X-ATM Scorpion removed from the Corel Prison, or is there now some requirement needed for it to be able to happen? I ask as it has been some months since last I did a play-through, and there have been changes since then, and this detail stood out to me since it's apparently now missing.

You bump into it on Mt. Nibel now instead, or will do at least.

And that concludes the adventures, of Quasicloudo, and Ray-Tifa. Man that was so good. It brought back a lot of the feel I had when I beat the base game for the first time, and threw in some more as well. It really makes you think of strategies you never thought of before. At the end, the team that became the most useful was: (This spoiler is a break down of the build and main strategy I went with when fighting most of the bosses with a few tweaks here and there for specific bosses, if you don't want it don't click. WARNING: It is a wall of text.)

Tifa with Premium Heart and a Shinra Alpha or Zeidrich makes things a LOT easier. 4x cut with like 6 or 7 Counters, Restore + All, and a Bahamut ZERO (or KOTR) + Final Attack which plays well with her Grit ability. Then throw on an MP Plus so that her MP is maxed out for maximum damage. Have someone cast Dragon Force on her and she'll tear through most things like paper. Thanks to the Auto-Crits from Dragon Force, her basic attack from 4x Cut does more damage than all 7 parts of her Limit Break sometimes. And run if you hit her cause she'll come back with at least 3 or 4 Counters and follow it up with another 4x Cut combo. Even without Dragon Force she is definitely a force to be reckoned with. Only struggle is keeping her alive, but that's where the other two come in.

Super Tank Barret with either a Warrior Bangle to further bolster his stupid high defenses, or a Fourth Bracelet to reinforce his low magic defenses and a Ribbon. He's the one that'll stay alive, and without any negative status's, or any for that matter, but his defenses more than make up for that. Give him the Masamune so he can keep up with Powerhouse Tifa, then throw on Heal + All to make sure the rest of the team gets all fixed up if you are hit with some nasty status's. You could throw on a Restore + All, but I feel Enemy Skill is a much better replacement. White Wind will keep everyone generally at max health thanks to Barret's super high health. Then, throw on a Revive + All cause he'll normally be the last one standing after a group attack (unless it's a spell, then you better hope you have Wall up, and the other two healed to tank it and then bring Barret back lol). Add on two Covers so that he'll take every single target phyical attack, and then fill the rest of the empty slots with counters so he can hit them right back after the Cover and you got yourself a damn fine tank! Careful of his MP though, those Enemy Skills drain his low MP super fast so have some Ethers/Turbo Ethers at the ready.

Now, this next one is per choice if possible. I prefer to have my 3rd character be Aerith. Her high magic, and Final Limit break are a fantastic edition to the roster. Give her her Princess Guard for those 4 double slots, and a Zeidrich or Shinra Alpha for even more fun 4 double slot fun. Princess Guards ability to give shield seems amazing at first, buuuut, in most fight's it ends up being a negative since most boss's can attack through shield. You are better off having her use Cure to heal. Master Magic + MP Turbo with a Mega All thrown in somewhere is the greatest thing for her. Throw on Restore + Sneak Attack and Barrier + Sneak Attack for quick full buffs at the start of the battle so you'll be set. Don't want her to deal with many status effects but want her to keep good buffs? Throw on Hades + Added Effect on her Armor, and you have yourself a weak Ribbon. But what to do with those other three double slots? Hmm, oh I know, how does cheese sound to you? Throw on Planet + Quadra Magic, Planet + Mp Turbo, and Planet + Magic Counter, and BOOM instant Chedder. You could sub out Magic Counter for Mp Absorb for even better cheese, but at a risk of crashing thanks to an engine bug that I've recently found out about. I also liked subbing Planet + Magic Counter with a Summon + Quadra Magic for that extra damage in case I run out of Quadra Magic on Planet, or if I wanna start a fight with a BANG. After all that magic her health is looking a bit low, throw on that HP Plus you have, and she'll have HP that is a bit more than Tifa's

Unfortunately you can't leave Cloud out of everything. Sometimes you get stuck with him, and that's alright. Him and Aerith are easily tradable. His magic isn't as high as Aerith's, but it's good enough for what you need to do. Throw on an accessory that boosts his magic a bit if you feel it's just not doing enough.

With this set up, I was able to take down Pinnacle without an MP Turbo'd KOTR + Great Gospel, and without switching party's. Tifa straight brute forced through the healing doing 9999 per 4x Cut hit while Cloud Quad Ultima'd the head down whenever it came up. I was about to start setting up to switch to another party when Pinnacle used Stigma hitting everyone. Next thing you know, Barret Countering 3 times doing about 3k each, Cloud countering with Ultima doing about the same, then Tifa Countering about 5 or 6 times doing 9999, then following it up with 4x Cut right to the jaw of Pinnacle knocking him right out! So good. 

I can't wait till 1.5 and to try out all the new stuff you've got planned. I'll be looking forward to it!

Congrats! Hopefully I can tempt you away to some of the other characters for the next run, I made some adjustments.

I kind of know what I want for 1.5.

First, for one of the magic materias, such as the Sleep/Silence materia, to be given the "Wind" element, so I'm not stuck using the summon materias for giving weapons/armor that element when and where needed.

Second, for Sega Chief to use some of the leftover 14 "DON'T USE" items (#10 through #23) that are currently un-used for Relics and Armor, along with maybe an item that 'causes' fights to happen when used. That sort of thing.

Third, for the guard you have to bribe to get into Junon to actually ask for a 'serious' bribe. A thousand Gil at the minimum, with the prices getting higher from there.

Asking for a higher elevator cost is probably the oddest request so far. I'll adjust the price.

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #5473 on: 2017-06-15 06:13:35 »
You bump into it on Mt. Nibel now instead, or will do at least.

Ahh, I thought maybe I had accidentally messed up somewhere while playing, or a glitch had happened. Good to know that wasn't the case. ;D

Asking for a higher elevator cost is probably the oddest request so far. I'll adjust the price.
Thank you. :D

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5474 on: 2017-06-15 06:19:55 »
Congrats! Hopefully I can tempt you away to some of the other characters for the next run, I made some adjustments.

Oh most definitely. I've already seen how well Cait Sith, and Yuffie do on my first run. I'll definitely be trying out Cid, Red XIII and Vincent at some point.  However you'll have to make some pretty good adjustments for me to take Aerith out of my group, at least for early game. Her healing staves are too good to pass up. Also question about those, does the healing on them scale off her magic or strength? Cause I've been tempted to make a strength build on her just because of those staves. Them with a Lvl 1 Slash-all is so good. And hey, even if it levels to Flash, now she can insta-kill things so it's K.