Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4918589 times)

otherhand

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #9375 on: 2020-05-04 20:49:45 »
I love this mod so far! I'm closing in on the finale and starting to take on some of the new end game bosses, most are fair but a few can admittedly be a real doozy. Never before have I been so frustrated about status effects  :-P

Just had one question:  When I check on SP, it shows that I'm still missing a character (listed as ?????), seemingly one was added somewhere? Will this become clear in the Northern Crater or one of the side quests, or did I miss something?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9376 on: 2020-05-04 22:38:08 »
I love this mod so far! I'm closing in on the finale and starting to take on some of the new end game bosses, most are fair but a few can admittedly be a real doozy. Never before have I been so frustrated about status effects  :-P

Just had one question:  When I check on SP, it shows that I'm still missing a character (listed as ?????), seemingly one was added somewhere? Will this become clear in the Northern Crater or one of the side quests, or did I miss something?

Don't worry about that, it was a mistake I made.

hasteroth

• View Profile
« Reply #9377 on: 2020-05-05 02:35:15 »
Nevermind! I realized it is actually VERY simple. I just copied over the .lgp and .bin files into Reunion/Custom/remako/Direct

In case anybody is wondering how to make Reunion + Remako + New Threat all work simultaneously, this is it!

which .lgp and .bin files exactly? I tried doing it with the ones from New Threat but that didn't work

EDIT: Nevermind, I was trying to use my old save file. Had to start a new game
« Last Edit: 2020-05-05 03:11:35 by hasteroth »

hasteroth

• View Profile
« Reply #9378 on: 2020-05-05 16:27:46 »
Nevermind my previous post. Game keeps crashing anyways. Realized though that if I'm using New Threat there's not much point in using The Reunion since I can't have Beacause... I'm considering switching over to New Threat, but I gotta ask... Am I missing out by not having Beacause? I can not make up my mind, this is my first full playthrough of the game so I'm struggling to decide which mod is best for that.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #9379 on: 2020-05-05 17:02:18 »
In my opinion, both mods are for second playthroughs. I'd experience the vanilla game first, then decide if you want modded gameplay (NT) or story dialogue (Beacause) for your second time.

Or you could always play three times  :wink:

heromic

• View Profile
« Reply #9380 on: 2020-05-06 00:08:02 »
Nevermind my previous post. Game keeps crashing anyways. Realized though that if I'm using New Threat there's not much point in using The Reunion since I can't have Beacause... I'm considering switching over to New Threat, but I gotta ask... Am I missing out by not having Beacause? I can not make up my mind, this is my first full playthrough of the game so I'm struggling to decide which mod is best for that.

i think you can start with beacause, it fixes various spelling errors and add dialogues missing from original game. it doesn't change gameplay in any form.
New Threat changes gameplay in all areas, definitively it's for a second run of the game.

otherhand

• View Profile
« Reply #9381 on: 2020-05-06 08:13:10 »
Don't worry about that, it was a mistake I made.

Darn, I was really looking forward to whoever it might be.  :P  Top guess was either Zack or a Sephiroth clone.

hasteroth

• View Profile
« Reply #9382 on: 2020-05-06 14:07:34 »
i think you can start with beacause, it fixes various spelling errors and add dialogues missing from original game. it doesn't change gameplay in any form.
New Threat changes gameplay in all areas, definitively it's for a second run of the game.

Yeah I ended up landing on that. Figured experiencing the story the way it was intended (which Beacause strives to do) is the best way to do a first run. Definitely gonna do a second run with New Threat.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #9383 on: 2020-05-06 14:38:02 »
Definitive Edition is also a good option for the first playthrough.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=19619.0

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #9384 on: 2020-05-06 20:48:41 »
Hey SC, since Sister Ray is about to go public, will you consider updating your mod with it?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9385 on: 2020-05-06 22:02:17 »
Hey SC, since Sister Ray is about to go public, will you consider updating your mod with it?

It'd be a separate version as I think stuff would need to be converted to be usable with it. Also, there's a new feature set there that would need to be considered with balancing.

IotaintheFranxx

• View Profile
« Reply #9386 on: 2020-05-07 04:16:05 »
First time in the forums and on this site, wanted to make a post because I had no idea how else to get a direct answer. I love the mod, first off. Second off, the standalone IROs for New Threat (Vanilla combat) for me seem to be incorrectly working. New Threat by itself on 7H 2.0 works as intended, no issues. Vanilla combat version though does not actually change anything in game.

I've tried lots of troubleshooting as well. The only version that I can get to work is the one that comes along with the Gameplay - Qhimm Catalog 3.0. Both versions of New Threat 1.5 have no issue *running* there. The main issue I am having is strange encounters while using the Vanilla Combat version. Most fights are perfectly normal, Lost Number, Guard Scorpion, Red Dragon, etc. It mostly seems to be the bosses are... problematic. Materia Keeper turned into 3 Shinra Soldiers, Red Dragon was actually a green dragon (just named Red Dragon), during Temple, I ran into an error enemy that kept saying "call staff for help" (?????), and the one I am currently baffled at trying to fix is Demon Gate. I have no clue how, but after the cutscene Demon Gate turns into 2, 8 Eye enemies.

I have no explanation for this at all. I've turned off conflicting mods and ran it just by itself, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling FFVII, as well as cleaning the registries and even going as far as to ensure the needed files (kernel and scene) are in the direct folder for 7H to use. I'm simply at a loss. I can't tell if this is an error or just how the vanilla version is changed to remove some problematic bosses. I would greatly appreciate the help, as I have spent close to the past week trying to fix this to no avail.

If it helps - I'm running Windows 10, 7H 2.03.406, and Steam version of FFVII (though 7H makes me use the 1998 exe anyway). I had read that the manual install for New Threat was possible at request, so I'm up for trying that if there's no other options to try. Either way, keep up the good work on the mod, I'm loving the changes so far. I appreciate your patience with reading this long, annoying post as well.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-07 04:28:12 by IotaintheFranxx »

Skallex

• View Profile
« Reply #9387 on: 2020-05-07 11:05:21 »
Hi! Awesome mod, having a lot of fun.
Having an issue though. I'm at North Crater and I've made about 150 attempts to steal the Spirit Lance from Crater Dragon, but I can't seem to get it. My party is at lv. 99 and one is at 85 with whom I've made about 50 attempts with. I've read somewhere that the steal mechanics is broken at high levels, do I need to install a cheat enginge to get the Spirit Lance now or what's the deal here?

IlMomo86

• View Profile
« Reply #9388 on: 2020-05-07 12:22:19 »
Hi SegaChief, just one info:

the guy in this vid is playing New Threat mod, assumedly freshly downloaded, with the 7thHeaven manager. I noticed that he uses very detailed field models (for NPC) and battle models (for enemises) which I assumed were within 7thHeaven but apparently not. Could you tell me if these are part or not of the New Threat mod itself and, if not, where they could possibly come from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuwEuDY-uaY

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9389 on: 2020-05-07 15:17:45 »
First time in the forums and on this site, wanted to make a post because I had no idea how else to get a direct answer. I love the mod, first off. Second off, the standalone IROs for New Threat (Vanilla combat) for me seem to be incorrectly working. New Threat by itself on 7H 2.0 works as intended, no issues. Vanilla combat version though does not actually change anything in game.

I've tried lots of troubleshooting as well. The only version that I can get to work is the one that comes along with the Gameplay - Qhimm Catalog 3.0. Both versions of New Threat 1.5 have no issue *running* there. The main issue I am having is strange encounters while using the Vanilla Combat version. Most fights are perfectly normal, Lost Number, Guard Scorpion, Red Dragon, etc. It mostly seems to be the bosses are... problematic. Materia Keeper turned into 3 Shinra Soldiers, Red Dragon was actually a green dragon (just named Red Dragon), during Temple, I ran into an error enemy that kept saying "call staff for help" (?????), and the one I am currently baffled at trying to fix is Demon Gate. I have no clue how, but after the cutscene Demon Gate turns into 2, 8 Eye enemies.

I have no explanation for this at all. I've turned off conflicting mods and ran it just by itself, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling FFVII, as well as cleaning the registries and even going as far as to ensure the needed files (kernel and scene) are in the direct folder for 7H to use. I'm simply at a loss. I can't tell if this is an error or just how the vanilla version is changed to remove some problematic bosses. I would greatly appreciate the help, as I have spent close to the past week trying to fix this to no avail.

If it helps - I'm running Windows 10, 7H 2.03.406, and Steam version of FFVII (though 7H makes me use the 1998 exe anyway). I had read that the manual install for New Threat was possible at request, so I'm up for trying that if there's no other options to try. Either way, keep up the good work on the mod, I'm loving the changes so far. I appreciate your patience with reading this long, annoying post as well.

It'll either be a lookup table issue, or Arrange Mode was activated; the vanilla combat version had the Arrange Mode selection available from the start initially which caused problems when it was turned on. I'll review the IRO and see what's going on with it.

Hi! Awesome mod, having a lot of fun.
Having an issue though. I'm at North Crater and I've made about 150 attempts to steal the Spirit Lance from Crater Dragon, but I can't seem to get it. My party is at lv. 99 and one is at 85 with whom I've made about 50 attempts with. I've read somewhere that the steal mechanics is broken at high levels, do I need to install a cheat enginge to get the Spirit Lance now or what's the deal here?

You'll need a Sneak Glove to get the steals in the Crater, there was an oversight with the Level adjustment. Even at a maxed chance, the steals there need Sneak Glove to boost the formula. Sneak Glove itself can be bought from the guy who sells Batteries in Wall Market (to get there you need a keycard dug up from Bone Village that allows entry through the perimeter fence).

Hi SegaChief, just one info:

the guy in this vid is playing New Threat mod, assumedly freshly downloaded, with the 7thHeaven manager. I noticed that he uses very detailed field models (for NPC) and battle models (for enemises) which I assumed were within 7thHeaven but apparently not. Could you tell me if these are part or not of the New Threat mod itself and, if not, where they could possibly come from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuwEuDY-uaY

They aren't part of NT, no; I'm guessing they're available through the Qhimm catalog but the field models don't seem familiar.

Skallex

• View Profile
« Reply #9390 on: 2020-05-07 19:34:05 »
Ahhh... I see! Thank you.

Christ the endgame is brutal. Kinda was hoping for the opportunity to grind myself OP for some well earned semi-smooth sailing.
I've loved every aspect of the mod up until now but now it's just unrelenting status effect bombardment, kinda taking away the fun. Since Wall is mandatory in most fights you can't use Ribbon, and only so much you can do with one Hades and Added Effect. Is it supposed to be this hardcore or am I missing something?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9391 on: 2020-05-07 20:04:00 »

It looks like Arrange Mode was enabled; as the script for changing some encounters is still in there, you're getting different encounters for some of the boss fights. For instance, there are two Materia Keepers; the Arrange one has a fight ID of 440 which is where a formation of SOLDIER 3rds are in vanilla file. When you started a new game, was the Normal/Arrange mode select still present?

Ahhh... I see! Thank you.

Christ the endgame is brutal. Kinda was hoping for the opportunity to grind myself OP for some well earned semi-smooth sailing.
I've loved every aspect of the mod up until now but now it's just unrelenting status effect bombardment, kinda taking away the fun. Since Wall is mandatory in most fights you can't use Ribbon, and only so much you can do with one Hades and Added Effect. Is it supposed to be this hardcore or am I missing something?

This is going to depend on the fight but you can shore yourself up a bit with an accessory and an Added Effect Materia on someone with Esuna+All to more reliably clean statuses from other party members. I'll keep this in mind going ahead with 2.0's endgame.

IotaintheFranxx

• View Profile
« Reply #9392 on: 2020-05-07 21:18:02 »
It looks like Arrange Mode was enabled; as the script for changing some encounters is still in there, you're getting different encounters for some of the boss fights. For instance, there are two Materia Keepers; the Arrange one has a fight ID of 440 which is where a formation of SOLDIER 3rds are in vanilla file. When you started a new game, was the Normal/Arrange mode select still present?

No, I never had that option. When I started the game with Vanilla combat version, it gives a message that says "Welcome to New Threat 1.5 Vanilla Combat", and then right after, recommending I use Wait style ATB. I do recall seeing the option for Arrange on the regular New Threat mod, however. I'm still recalling the game from many years ago, so I wasn't ready to jump into the the challenge of NT. That being said, what does Arrange mode do? Just shuffle some battles?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9393 on: 2020-05-07 21:36:11 »
Yeah it shuffles some battles, and the ID for Arrange Materia Keeper matches up with what you described (3 soldiers). I'll need to check if the variable is getting toggled somewhere if you didn't have an option at new game.

IotaintheFranxx

• View Profile
« Reply #9394 on: 2020-05-07 21:43:22 »
Thanks a ton. I used the NT Vanilla mod in the Gameplay 3.0 Qhimm catalog, by the way. Not sure if it was an issue on my end as well, but the IRO for Vanilla that you have linked on first page seemingly doesn't activate in 7H 2 for whatever reason.

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9395 on: 2020-05-07 22:02:43 »
Greetings Sega Chief!

Finally got around to play your New Threat mod after many years of playing the Gjoerulv's mod and I'm liking it a lot so far...playing Arrange Mode.

I'm experiencing a lot of crashes, but it seems related to running out of memory...hopefully I'll see how to fix/delay this issue...its happening a lot.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9396 on: 2020-05-08 03:22:27 »
Greetings Sega Chief!

Finally got around to play your New Threat mod after many years of playing the Gjoerulv's mod and I'm liking it a lot so far...playing Arrange Mode.

I'm experiencing a lot of crashes, but it seems related to running out of memory...hopefully I'll see how to fix/delay this issue...its happening a lot.

That's to do with 7h; high-res texture mods exacerbate the issue as the driver runs out memory.

Skallex

• View Profile
« Reply #9397 on: 2020-05-08 06:33:44 »
Greetings Sega Chief!

Had the same issue, then I disabled the Field Textures and Spell Textures in 7th Heaven and the crashing stopped. In case you like me have a lot of mods going.

Dan297na

• View Profile
« Reply #9398 on: 2020-05-08 15:12:44 »
You're looking for Chronocure, Pollensalta has it in the Crater (right path).

May 3rd Patches

Added Dragoon Lance to a new chest in Da Chao Cave
Fixed the Supershot ST chest
Checked Bizarro Fight
Added Model files for IRO

Installer
https://mega.nz/file/i4kFGTiY#gBNlyw-scAsWlxpiXUpanzGXabIe-Y3ayyOxvAwdml4

IRO
https://mega.nz/file/298zRDgR#qhBmFAQc-XUXXAOo8RPcRb04raIgZz3frGAcRMUl_uw

R06
https://mega.nz/file/fp0XETwQ#PJETZLwgBxTNDAN78OCERxUBEJlvbJTqouamuSCNtLU

I'm still having problems with the Supershot ST.  I installed the May 3rd mod, and the chest shows up, but I still can't open it.

Skallex

• View Profile
« Reply #9399 on: 2020-05-08 17:01:45 »
Allright so I encountered a bug. I finished a Special Battle at Gold Saucer with Cid as leader + Barret and Cloud, and when the battle was over Cloud was gone from the party, which means I'll have to leave the arena to fetch him and lose my points. No biggie, it was only one battle, but I thought it might be significant enough to mention :)

BTW while I'm at it, it has happened many times now that Clouds Meteostrike does between 1 and 20 points of damage per meteor, against mobs and bosses with low defense.