Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4875148 times)

gunner_1207

• If your upright an above ground,its a gd day
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.994)
« Reply #11225 on: 2022-02-24 19:45:16 »
DID IT :)...man such a simple thing in the og, damn that was hard. got it on my 9th attempt lol. Thank you for your replies an advice

AugustoTricolor

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.993)
« Reply #11226 on: 2022-02-27 22:37:57 »
This does not work for me. It crashes when I select new game and tells me to go to

https://github.com/julianxhokaxhiu/FFNx/wiki/FAQ

I tried disabling every mod except for NT 2.0 and it still gives me this message.

First time trying to play FF7 with mods here, got every mod to work EXCEPT the NT, just the one I am really interested in! I'm getting the same message, but it shows when I enter in the first battle... Also tried to disable all mods except for NT 2.0, and still crashes with the message as soon as I enter the first battle, tested with NT 1.5 and happens the same.
I'm using the Steam version and Windows 7 if that matters.

Please help, I'd love to play this awesome mod

Edit: Finally got it to work, using the patch version. Simply didn't work trough 7th Heaven catalog or importing the nro files, wonder why?
« Last Edit: 2022-02-28 13:33:38 by AugustoTricolor »

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11227 on: 2022-02-28 13:23:10 »
First time trying to play FF7 with mods here, got every mod to work EXCEPT the NT, just the one I am really interested in! I'm getting the same message, but it shows when I enter in the first battle... Also tried to disable all mods except for NT 2.0, and still crashes with the message as soon as I enter the first battle, tested with NT 1.5 and happens the same.

have you tried to move the ff7 folder that can mess things up if installed into a windows specifc directory such as c:\program files\steam\ 

posting the error log file would be useful.

AugustoTricolor

• View Profile
« Reply #11228 on: 2022-02-28 13:37:50 »
have you tried to move the ff7 folder that can mess things up if installed into a windows specifc directory such as c:\program files\steam\ 

posting the error log file would be useful.

Well, the game and 7th Heaven are placed in the root of D:, so it's not this... Anyway I've managed do get it working using the patch version provided for Sega Chief, thanks for your reply!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11229 on: 2022-03-01 08:16:28 »

Edit: Finally got it to work, using the patch version. Simply didn't work trough 7th Heaven catalog or importing the nro files, wonder why?

The cause is most likely the easyhook injection being blocked from doing its thing, which is what 7th heaven uses to inject temporary .EXE modifications at runtime to get some of the stuff to work (like MBarrier ignoring Cure magic for instance). A workaround for it is this: https://twitter.com/DubReno89/status/1498346351628800002/photo/1

Saboodsch

• View Profile
« Reply #11230 on: 2022-03-04 03:48:37 »
Where do you get the slash-all materia? I've looked all over the hot springs area and it isn't there :(

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11231 on: 2022-03-05 15:09:15 »
It was recently moved there, if it's missing then I'd better double-check it.

AhBeng2

• View Profile
« Reply #11232 on: 2022-03-08 07:12:38 »
Hi Sega,

I have just completed Type B of version 2.0994 and I have noticed some issues that may need your clarification.

1. I still have Tifa's dialogue at the Da Chao statue during Yuffie's sidequest swapped around with Type A.

2. No change to the EXP/AP awarded by defeating Ruby Weapon. It is ostensibly the same with previous versions.

3. After the battle with the Calamity in Disc 3, I was brought back to the screen where the battle was triggered in the first place. However, without using the ???? item the second time, the battle simply restarted and the cycle just continued indefinitely. Also, there was no EXP/AP or item reward for defeating this boss.

Thanks.

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11233 on: 2022-03-08 07:26:55 »
No EXP/ Hard Mode reward

you require to play through the full game without switching between the modes, hardmode/no sp.   Regards No EXP reward  its done via a flag, it works fine.(if u did indeed have no exp throughout alongside the other conditions). most likely as the flag is only set once within start of game. if started the mod prior to that version eg 2.0993 there was only a reward for having Type/HardMode/NoSP. No additional reward for no exp, that is a new thing within 2.0994 at that may require the other conditions fufilled. 

another way to look at the never ending battle cycle. is
Spoiler: show
 is it really a point of no return....
doubt it was the intended result thou :)  in versions prior to 2.0993 it was
 simply end of game
and shown a reward of something along the lines of
 congrats completed typeb hard mode without using sources

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11234 on: 2022-03-08 08:57:55 »
Hi Sega,

I have just completed Type B of version 2.0994 and I have noticed some issues that may need your clarification.

1. I still have Tifa's dialogue at the Da Chao statue during Yuffie's sidequest swapped around with Type A.

2. No change to the EXP/AP awarded by defeating Ruby Weapon. It is ostensibly the same with previous versions.

3. After the battle with the Calamity in Disc 3, I was brought back to the screen where the battle was triggered in the first place. However, without using the ???? item the second time, the battle simply restarted and the cycle just continued indefinitely. Also, there was no EXP/AP or item reward for defeating this boss.

Thanks.

I'll check the dialogue trigger.

I looked at Ruby's rewards in the scene.bin and they're set to 50k exp (slightly more if on hard mode), 50k gil (0gil if on hard mode), and 50k AP. Previously, AP was at 5k or something like that.

wdx told me about the looping problem and I've sorted it out, so that'll be fixed in the next patch (2.0995).

WarDamnAlto

• View Profile
« Reply #11235 on: 2022-03-08 15:56:11 »
Playing Type B of 2.0.994, and for Aerith, the Prism Staff and Aurora Rod say they restore HP and grant Barrier/MBarrier respectively, but the barriers don't seem to be applying.  Is this expected behavior?

Jimbo13

• View Profile
« Reply #11236 on: 2022-03-09 00:15:41 »
Found a bug, not sure if is NT2.0 fault but it seems the likely culprit.

In the Whirlwind maze Location 704 in save editor (if that helps) if you use SP upgrade after the Seph/Jenova battle you get stuck on the save point.   I was able to reproduce it and run back and forth through the save point but if you use SP upgrade it pops you back out on the save point and your stuck.   Turning mods off didn't fix it.

Fixed it and saved my game by changing my location in Chocobo save editor.

AhBeng2

• View Profile
« Reply #11237 on: 2022-03-10 07:36:31 »

I looked at Ruby's rewards in the scene.bin and they're set to 50k exp (slightly more if on hard mode), 50k gil (0gil if on hard mode), and 50k AP. Previously, AP was at 5k or something like that.

Ok thanks. I'm getting 45k exp, 4500 AP and 45k gil from Ruby Weapon; it's weird.

nirwanda

• View Profile
« Reply #11238 on: 2022-03-16 15:49:27 »
I think I might have found a small bug or sequence break thing in mode B... or is this intended?
After you escape sector 7 with Aerith but before getting to her house you can go back to Wall Market and buy an umbrella weapon for Aerith from the battery npc in the weapon shop. (also some npc in the Honeybee entrance mentions Cloud crossdressing even though he doesn't do it in this mode)

This is more of a personal opinion... But, why is 0 gil tied to hard mode? Imo, this only either incentivizes players to grind steals/morphs/drops for cash or to ignore a lot of equipment because they can't afford it, which goes against the fun customization that is so core to the mod.

thorium

• View Profile
« Reply #11239 on: 2022-03-17 04:01:26 »
Hi y'all,

This mod has been really fun so far.  I am wondering about how to unlock the secret end boss without the save editor.  I'm playing though the game normally (Mode B) and about to get sent to Corel Prison.  I haven't found any enemy that drops/steals/morphs the Mute Mask needed to be used on Deathclaw.  Does anyone know where I might have missed it? Or does the Mod let you come back to the prison later after you get it from the Shinra Mansion? 

Many thanks,
thorium. 

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11240 on: 2022-03-17 20:04:47 »
Hi y'all,

This mod has been really fun so far.  I am wondering about how to unlock the secret end boss without the save editor.  I'm playing though the game normally (Mode B) and about to get sent to Corel Prison.  I haven't found any enemy that drops/steals/morphs the Mute Mask needed to be used on Deathclaw.  Does anyone know where I might have missed it? Or does the Mod let you come back to the prison later after you get it from the Shinra Mansion? 

Many thanks,
thorium.

would he helpful to use the spoiler tag :)

anyway your answer to the question:
 eligor has several drops way back in the traingraveyard thats where to get the mutemask from
note you can not
 either steal or morrph to get a drop

thorium

• View Profile
« Reply #11241 on: 2022-03-18 02:24:33 »
Hi, thanks for replying and sorry for not using the spoiler tag!  First post here, very new. 

And yeah, took a while but eventually got one.  Thank you again. 

gunner_1207

• View Profile
« Reply #11242 on: 2022-03-18 22:46:31 »
anyone know how to move those 2 soldiers in the chocobo pen on the highwind? , i just morphed a guidebook and traded it for a gold chocobo, but cant ride the thing coz i cant get it on board.

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11243 on: 2022-03-19 07:53:39 »
anyone know how to move those 2 soldiers in the chocobo pen on the highwind? , i just morphed a guidebook and traded it for a gold chocobo, but cant ride the thing coz i cant get it on board.

you need to buy a chocobo stable before you can take it. the soldiers do not prevent the chocobo from boarding the highwind.

gunner_1207

• View Profile
« Reply #11244 on: 2022-03-20 19:44:43 »
yeah i realized after i posted lol had a brain fart , thank you for your reply tho

tfinx

• View Profile
« Reply #11245 on: 2022-03-21 17:04:33 »
not sure if i'm overlooking something, but i can't get New Threat to work with Reunion at all. i followed all the instructions up to "Remember to disable the new_translation option however as it is incompatible with NT", but there isn't a setting to change that in the options.ini file that Reunion provided. i'm assuming the Reunion team has changed some things since the install instructions for New Threat have been posted, but maybe i'm just messing something simple up.

i installed the "Reunion R06 Version" of New Threat, changed the custom mod_id to "New_Threat_2.0" in the .ini, and own a legal copy of the game. i think I did everything right up to this point, so any help would be appreciated. :)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11246 on: 2022-03-25 00:44:32 »
Playing Type B of 2.0.994, and for Aerith, the Prism Staff and Aurora Rod say they restore HP and grant Barrier/MBarrier respectively, but the barriers don't seem to be applying.  Is this expected behavior?

I'll check them, they should apply but I think it's not 100% chance.

Found a bug, not sure if is NT2.0 fault but it seems the likely culprit.

In the Whirlwind maze Location 704 in save editor (if that helps) if you use SP upgrade after the Seph/Jenova battle you get stuck on the save point.   I was able to reproduce it and run back and forth through the save point but if you use SP upgrade it pops you back out on the save point and your stuck.   Turning mods off didn't fix it.

Fixed it and saved my game by changing my location in Chocobo save editor.

It is possible to wiggle your way out of it but I've updated the coordinates so that it's not as janky; this'll be in the next patch.

I think I might have found a small bug or sequence break thing in mode B... or is this intended?
After you escape sector 7 with Aerith but before getting to her house you can go back to Wall Market and buy an umbrella weapon for Aerith from the battery npc in the weapon shop. (also some npc in the Honeybee entrance mentions Cloud crossdressing even though he doesn't do it in this mode)

This is more of a personal opinion... But, why is 0 gil tied to hard mode? Imo, this only either incentivizes players to grind steals/morphs/drops for cash or to ignore a lot of equipment because they can't afford it, which goes against the fun customization that is so core to the mod.

An oversight with the Umbrella, but might leave it as it is; I think that weapon is strong but it shouldn't be game-breakingly strong due to the character being mostly magic focused until you can start upping their stats.

For hard mode the idea was to make gil more scarce and have items/equipment be managed to either use or make gil with; the 0 gil thing has been a bit mixed though so what I'll probably do is separate it out into its own option or drop it from hard mode entirely.

not sure if i'm overlooking something, but i can't get New Threat to work with Reunion at all. i followed all the instructions up to "Remember to disable the new_translation option however as it is incompatible with NT", but there isn't a setting to change that in the options.ini file that Reunion provided. i'm assuming the Reunion team has changed some things since the install instructions for New Threat have been posted, but maybe i'm just messing something simple up.

i installed the "Reunion R06 Version" of New Threat, changed the custom mod_id to "New_Threat_2.0" in the .ini, and own a legal copy of the game. i think I did everything right up to this point, so any help would be appreciated. :)

There should be a line in the options.ini that reads:

[MAIN]
New_Translation = y

change the y to an n; if this line is missing entirely from the newest version then you may need to check in with the reunion discord to find out how to get custom mods to work.

The other thing to watch for is that the name of the mod folder matches what is written in the options.ini:

[CUSTOM]
Mod_ID = New_Threat_2.0

gunner_1207

• View Profile
« Reply #11247 on: 2022-03-26 21:22:13 »
is the 2x cut materia still a thing in this mod or has it been removed? im at northern crater now and have not come across it yet

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11248 on: 2022-03-27 10:04:44 »
is the 2x cut materia still a thing in this mod or has it been removed? im at northern crater now and have not come across it yet

still is a thing, location was changed and the materia itself was changed

2x cut only not 4x now (that is another materia elsewhere)
sacred cave, part of optional sidequest for yuffie. late game.

reference to the spoiler's spoiler incase needed
4x cut reward from kalm's traveller - trades

« Last Edit: 2022-03-27 10:06:25 by wdx »

gunner_1207

• View Profile
« Reply #11249 on: 2022-03-27 20:19:05 »
ok thank you i'l keep my eyes open :)