Author Topic: DS4 Controller D-Pad  (Read 2648 times)

Elhoim

• View Profile
DS4 Controller D-Pad
« on: 2020-03-07 02:24:50 »
Hi! I love the new 2.0 launcher! I'm having a bit of a strange issue...

When I launch the game directly through Steam, both the D-Pad and Stick of my DS4 controller work. But when I launch it through 7H, only the analog stick works.

Any idea why?

olearyf2525

• View Profile
Re: DS4 Controller D-Pad
« Reply #1 on: 2020-03-07 04:12:53 »
How did you get the analog stick or anything to work? Nothing on my ds4 is working anymore on 7th heaven 2.0. I think before I had to my 7th heaven modded exe through steam but now that doesnt work for the controller either.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #2 on: 2020-03-07 04:28:13 »
Please don't create new threads for the same thing that's already been discussed a thread or two down.

Elhoim

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2020-03-07 05:36:41 »
How did you get the analog stick or anything to work? Nothing on my ds4 is working anymore on 7th heaven 2.0. I think before I had to my 7th heaven modded exe through steam but now that doesnt work for the controller either.

Nothing in particular, it worked fine, but I just

Please don't create new threads for the same thing that's already been discussed a thread or two down.

I'm sorry, I read it, but I considered the issue a little different (as my controller always worked). I read the manual and your post (the one recommending installing DS4Windows), but even then, it's strange that without the mods the controller D-Pad without DS4Windows works fine, and when using the mod it doesn't, like something is being overridden. I thought it interesting as it might solve the DS4 issues with D-Pad without having to install a third-party program.

In any case, I'm sorry for the thread.

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2020-03-07 10:17:00 »
Nothing in particular, it worked fine, but I just

I'm sorry, I read it, but I considered the issue a little different (as my controller always worked). I read the manual and your post (the one recommending installing DS4Windows), but even then, it's strange that without the mods the controller D-Pad without DS4Windows works fine, and when using the mod it doesn't, like something is being overridden. I thought it interesting as it might solve the DS4 issues with D-Pad without having to install a third-party program.

In any case, I'm sorry for the thread.

Are you running it through usb or bluetooth? Also the issue is different, and it's unclear whether we should have made a new thread or kept it in that thread so the mods can decide what they want us to do. Our question is obviously different from the one he answered and is legitimate and I'm almost positive we can run the ds4 through steam's drivers even though 7th heaven has nothing to do with steam. Simply because I had this issue with the old 7th heaven, but forgot how I fixed it. I think we may just have to re-mount the blank ISO and add the executable 7th heaven has in its backup folder to steam as an alternate game. I'm pretty sure that's what I did to fix the issue many months ago with the old 7th heaven. I'll try that when I have time or if you have time try that and let me know if it works, you should be able to re-map the d-pad through steam as well. I'm not really tech-savy so I could be completely wrong but it's worth a try.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-07 12:02:08 by olearyf2525 »

Elhoim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2020-03-07 12:10:50 »
Are you running it through usb or bluetooth? Also the issue is different, and it's unclear whether we should have made a new thread or kept it in that thread so the mods can decide what they want us to do. Don't let this guy bully you just because he helped developed the tool, our question is obviously different from the one he answered and is legitimate and I'm almost positive we can run the ds4 through steam's drivers even though 7th heaven has nothing to do with steam. Simply because I had this issue with the old 7th heaven, but forgot how I fixed it...Give me a few days I've been working a lot, I think we may just have to re-mount the blank ISO and add the executable 7th heaven has in its backup folder to steam as an alternate game. I'm pretty sure that's what I did to fix the issue many months ago with the old 7th heaven. I'll try that when I have time or if you have time try that and let me know if it works, you should be able to re-map the d-pad through steam as well. I'm not really tech-savy so I could be completely wrong but it's worth a try.

Yeah, I thought it strange that the mod in my case actually removed a functionality that worked great in the base Steam release. The Steam controller configuration works perfectly, but I guess there are technical reasons on why they cut the integration (since the manager uses the discs, alternate executable and such).

add the executable 7th heaven has in its backup folder to steam as an alternate game

Tried it but it doesn't work, but I believe it has to be launched through Steam to work most probably, which messes up the mods I believe (I can't mount the ISO).