Author Topic: [SPOILERS] FF7 remake discussion time!  (Read 105662 times)

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Re: [SPOILERS] FF7 remake discussion time!
« Reply #75 on: 2020-04-09 02:47:18 »
Alright just raw watched the ending haha! So part 2 will be happening in around let's see... 2 years from now? If world is still alive until then!

P.S.: There's nothing to spoil since it's all a huge mess that I guess SE is going, or at least we are hoping to be fixing in the next parts. Anyways...
« Last Edit: 2020-04-09 11:56:21 by LeonhartGR »

mr_nygren

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2020-04-09 10:19:05 »
This is EXACTLY smth that a freaking graphics designer and character artist like Nomura just doesn't get: The old FFs characters were partly so iconic because they were FANTASY characters and not real ppl. They looked half like anime characters at best and even the ones of the Super Nintendo games looked bad ass because you were not given every single detail and pixel of a man/woman: You were given some sort of a mantle(sprites on the SNES and polygon models on the PS) that had little detail to it and yes that was the best one could produce in those days, however a completely forgotten positive side effect of those games was that by that everybody playing this game could INTERPRET this characters details in his own mind and thus easier project himself into a character, a world and live it through in ones mind and it became his own personal fantasy. And that was the magic of Final Fantasy.
That doesn't mean that bad graphics is good and newer suck always or anything but at least in a Final Fantasy game I expect some little space for my own fantasy, some space for my interpretation of things and not another mans 4k HD vision of every pixel forced into my head.
The best and closest approximation of FF7 characters (that I am sure everybody would have liked btw) is the artwork of the manuals and the models of the FMV sequences. Those are the characters as we got to know them and they will be like that forever. With todays methods you can make them look pretty much exactly like that in a smooth way and everybody would be happy....except for Mr. Nomura

I do agree with you, but not about SNES stuff- I really liked the upgrade from SNES to PSX. And I always wanted an upgrade for the FF7 chibi models. But as you state the artstyle or FMV is the best.

The odd thing is that Nomura drew those as well. I have no idea why he didn't keep to his original work.

mr_nygren

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2020-04-09 10:38:12 »
hahaha- true story too!  They couldn't see up it though, hence the white panties became black.

Point about Aerith is she isn't meant to be hot - she's meant to be cute, innocent, pure.  That's whole point of that love triangle - Tifa and Aerith are opposites.  Her longer dress was deliberately to contrast with Tifa's for example (developer interview from '90s).

This might just be me.. But doesn't the original FF7 give you German WW2 vibes? Cloud should be a Western guy based on his clothing, the city, the soldiers etc- while Aeriths adoptive mother is the very arch-type of house-wife from Germany or similar Western country back in the day.

Tifa on the other hand and Yuffie are clear Japanese characters. Point is that Midgar is like a mix between the United States and Nazi Germany- the companies of the States and the soldiers and setting of the Reich.

Wutai is Japan.. Just my take.. The Remake kept the German-styled city of Midgar but replaced the "Germans" with "Japanese".

Aerith is more like a Western old-school young woman in the original.

Edit:

Think of the military Parade of the original in Junon. Rufus Shinra is standing in his car with his hand stretching forward just like Hitler did in his mercedes.

Also the marching.. A lot like the german army as seen in old videos. With the weapon moving up, down and forward.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-09 10:44:07 by mr_nygren »

Az

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2020-04-09 11:53:18 »
Finished the game today. I enjoyed it. The overall plot is mostly preserved until the end of the Shinra Building, at which point it goes nuts. I've played FF7 almost yearly since 1997. I'm not opposed to something new and exciting. Dull treasure and an overwhelming amount of damage sponges on the standard difficulty are my main issues with the game, not the new plot direction. The more emotional moments from the original game were definitely given the right amount of love and are much more impactful in the remake, especially the events at the end of Sector 7.

BahamutSIN

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2020-04-09 12:00:22 »
Junon with its militaristic themes, soldiers and banners looks quite ww2 esque. But Rufus himself is more like Kim Jong Un to me: a ruthless young authoritarian inheriting an empire from his father.

Midgar could be a Japanese view of America: advanced, corporate, with unequal socio-economic divide, exploitative, domineering, had been in war with Japan (Wutai) and dealing with domestic terrorism. For a slum person, living on top of the plate would be an 'American Dream'. Additionally, remake's President Shinra looks laughably similar to Trump.

But reactors and ecological themes could have been inspired by the Chernobyl disaster, which caused worldwide panic in the 80s...

I think Sephiroth and Hojo are the most similar to nazis, Sephiroth is obviously like Hitler, considering that he sees regular humans as inferior to Cetra,
Spoiler: show
even though he's not a Cetra himself.
Hojo is like Mengele, an evil scientist that experiments on humans.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-09 12:21:30 by BahamutSIN »

BahamutSIN

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2020-04-09 12:56:13 »
Yeah I know...this quarantine makes me so bored I've got nothing to do but draw parallels between FF7 and real life lol.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #81 on: 2020-04-09 21:14:46 »
Getting the fanbase money from pre-orders and various DLCs (i.e. chocolate bars) is what's keeping such big companies safe from any lateral criticism and low rates.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #82 on: 2020-04-09 22:28:09 »
It doesn't matter if god played it - the story is what the original writers intended - not what a localizer on a tight deadline accidentally made happen.

It actually happens a lot. Once region's canon is another regions apocrypha. It happens all the time in literature (and anime). My wife is studying this right now and could lecture both sides of the issue. The simple answer is "there is no definitive answer". A translation CAN be considered a separate work if done independently which essentially creates unique works, but can be considered a "canonical translation". When done in collaboration with the original author the translator usually has little to no freedom of expression and must approve any and all changes to the original intent. These cases don't firmly apply to the original English translation of FF7. It's more in the category of "if it isn't wrong, don't fix it". The only thing SE did retcon in FF7 was Aerith's name. Only the original translation calls her "Aeris", but that is no longer her canonical name. Same thing about changing Japanese Tina to English Terra in FF6. Every mention of her later still calls her Terra. That is her English name. Did changing it have any purpose? Did it preserve some deeper meaning? Would reverting it reveal something we didn't consider before? Did Woolsey think Tina was just too boring as a primary/MacGuffin character's name? I digress. The story as it is presented to us is what was delivered as the "canonical English story" regardless of how much sense it makes, how much more is revealed (or is better) in the original source or who actually wrote what. A few spelling mistakes were corrected in the PC port, but the ones that remain uncorrected are still part of English canon.

I won't credit either party involved in the script writing of the original to be literary experts. When translating the original work there was probably not a lot of thought given to subtext and implications other than "we need to make it to the next scene". It's the difference between "Let's eat, grandma!" and "Let's eat grandma!" One is a call to a meal, the other is suggesting cannibalism. Same goes for the writers of modern vidja games. The writers of this game just wanted an excuse to make flashy effects and provide visual orgasms. Time travel is lazy. Reviving dead characters is lazy. No one that is making a game to visually impress teenagers cares about plot holes or character inconsistency. Triple A game companies ONLY make games to make money. If people buy it, it's not the companies' fault if the customer doesn't like the games' story. As long as the game plays as intended the company does not care.

Now then; If this game WEREN'T released as a FF7 remake (if Nomura could go back in time and release a completely reskined version with names and locations being different) would everyone be hating on it? Objectively no. This game is not poorly made (at least it hasn't been exposed for being poorly made yet). It's the authors telling us to accept THEIR extension of an already established universe that people are losing their minds over.

-Ric-

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2020-04-10 01:21:01 »
I'm close to finishing Chapter 2 so here are my thoughts... MASSIVE spoilers ahead so don't click if you don't want to know about scenes that do NOT appear in the original game.

The graphics are too notch, as expected. The combat is VERY fun. It's nothing like Final Fantasy 15 or Kingdom Hearts. The way you move, the way you strike, the certain angles you need to be in to deal damage to certain enemies, it's all extremely fun. And you absolutely can't get away with just smashing attacks (except when fighting scrubs, obviously). You WILL have to use skills, limits and so on. The way you can control multiple characters is very well done also. They pretty much nailed it as far as the combat system goes.

As for the story, spoilers ahead as previously warned.

So, Shinra does indeed blow up the reactor in the remake. However, it also affects certain areas of the city and you actually get to go through and see the effects of the devastation caused. Something else that is extremely well showcased are the feelings of guilt (and potential regret) that Avalanche members feel, as they are not aware that it was Shinra who caused all the destruction. While it doesn't match the original game 1:1 at all, it's an extremely well done moment. And Barret actually acts like a leader to the group and not just a loudmouth idiot.

The dynamic between Barret and Cloud is great too. Barret has absolutely 0 trust in him at first and is extremely condescending, due to the fact that Cloud was in Soldier. However, you can slowly see the shift in the way Barret treats Cloud. Again, not a 1:1 copy of the original but very, very well done.

Also... Sephiroth DOES appear. Cloud actually gets to talk to him. Though it is not clear if it's the real Sephiroth or one of Cloud's visions. In my opinion though, Sephiroth's voice felt awkward. I do not believe it's the same voice actor as Advent Children which actually sucks. Regardless of how bad the movie was, Sephiroth's voice actor was great.

The scene with Sephiroth doesn't add a whole lot... I'm not sure it was even necessary to include. It felt like a bit of a waste. If the goal was to show Sephiroth early on, it could've been done way better than this.

Even though I'm still at the start of the game, it's been very fun so far. My feelings might change as I progress through but so far, the game is good. Not ready to call it great yet, not even close, but it's definitely good.

Caledor

• [ITA]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #84 on: 2020-04-10 01:24:58 »
Now then; If this game WEREN'T released as a FF7 remake (if Nomura could go back in time and release a completely reskined version with names and locations being different) would everyone be hating on it? Objectively no. This game is not poorly made (at least it hasn't been exposed for being poorly made yet). It's the authors telling us to accept THEIR extension of an already established universe that people are losing their minds over.

I don't think it's possible to separate this game from the original, cause the entire premise of the remake is to deny it. However, setting the atrocious ending aside, the game is truly beautiful from a technical PoV. Everything but the main plot has improved. Some parts are too long or too boring but other positive expansions outweight boring parts.

Anyone who can ignore / doesn't care about
Nomura's magical touch
will probably have a blast playing it.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-10 01:29:31 by Caledor »

Manakaiser

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2020-04-10 06:39:19 »
perfection lol...
I mean i pretty much like it due to my expectations/what i was looking for, which is basically an action combat game with rpg elements and good visuals roughly set in a kind of universe I enjoy. I have no interest in the narrative aspects in the first place as i was never particularily fond of FFVII.

but perfection is a rich statement, especially because the narrative aspects are actually so silly, they almost distract me from the action in a negative way as they are presented in such an in your face/"serious" way despite the ridiculous contents, which makes it hard to ignore em; I can fully sympathise with anyone who really cares for the original and is disappointed. That quote made me smirk.

« Last Edit: 2020-04-10 06:48:33 by Manakaiser »

Az

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2020-04-10 09:08:44 »
Cat quests and rat quests to pad it out don't sound encouraging.  That guy's review from previous page pretty much spells it out.  But at least half of fanbase enjoyed FF7 for the story, so the fact it's a joke and the script is awful really makes it a deal breaker from the get go for many

Also things like:

Raz
15 hours ago (edited)
The censorship is more than just Tifas outfit. They removed the scene of Hojo trying to set red xiii on Aerith, they removed Sephiroths massacre of everyone in shinra HQ, Biggs and Wedge are still alive, and they kind of hint Zach Fair is alive, and much more. I mean, they even changed the opening mission so that Avalance didnt blow up the reactor, shinra did...

Also, I don't think many have considered that

The insane story change at the end means they don't need to head out to the world map anymore.  No world map.

The writing itself is actually very appealing in the remake. They flesh out the characters considerably and the scene to scene dialog is much better for the most part. Barret, Aerith and Red XIII really shine. One of my complaints about the original has always been that Aerith has like 50 lines of dialog in total and basically just tags along silently after you rescue her at the end of Midgar and until the events of the Temple of the Ancients and Forgotten City, then the game wants me to care about her dying. I never did, even as a kid. The character interactions were too shallow to develop any kind of bond and this is primarily what I was hoping the remake would rectify.

As for the censorship,
it's grasping at straws. The Wall Market girls are way more loosely dressed this time around, and both Aerith and Tifa get 3 dresses each that are more revealing than the ones they use in the original. That leads me to believe that Tifa's redesign had nothing to do with censorship. There are some highly suggestive scenes in Wall Market as well, especially one involving Cloud getting an off-camera massage.

There's no massacre in the Shinra Building this time because Jenova has its own research facility deep within the building that only a handful of people have access to. Hojo is the only person there during the events of the game because another Avalanche cell is assaulting the building (result of Wedge surviving), and this area also serves as a dungeon in the remake where Hojo sends a bunch of Jenova experiments and robots your way. All the original Shinra Building enemies except for the Warning Board, in fact. There is a Jenova blood trail leading up to the top floor, but it's mixed with a bright substance that glows. You get to see President Shinra get stabbed through the heart in front of you this time.

Hojo doesn't try to put on a bestiality show in the remake, but he does openly talk about having Aerith breed with SOLDIERs and other experiments during the Shinra meeting. He also says he wants to break her mentally, and he starts by telling her that they recovered Ifalna's body from the train station and that they dissected and sampled every part of her. He describes how they used her skin, bones and internal organs and that she didn't go to waste. This is much more twisted than what happens in the original game.

They didn't change the opening mission drastically, but they changed Shinra's intent. Avalanche still bombs both reactors, but Shinra magnifies the blasts significantly because they want to push a narrative that a war with Wutai is looming and that they're involved with Avalanche. Their reasoning is still that Midgar is unsustainable.

There's a bunch of unnamed Avalanche members who get gunned down on the pillar. Biggs and Wedge surviving isn't really censorship. Also, Wedge goes flying out of a window from the top of the Shinra Building and likely dies on impact. The ending does hint at Jessie having survived along with Biggs, though. You can see her gloves on the table next Biggs.

The game ends with Cloud and co leaving Midgar in search of Sephiroth. Rufus becomes President of Shinra and starts the search for the Promised Land, and Hojo's still scheming. The sequel will very likely have a vaguely similar progression to the original game. Whether the overworld is a miniature scale of the world or if it's going to be connected by scenes like FFX, they will obviously travel the world in the sequel(s). I wouldn't be opposed to the world map being handled the same way as Lost Odyssey.

I'm fine with the new direction the story is taking, because as I said in a previous post, I've already played FF7 20+ times. My overall opinion of 7R is positive. If they continue fleshing out the characters and having a large amount of character interactions, they'd have to severely fern something up for me not to enjoy it.

I have some criticism after spending 40 something hours with the game that isn't just screeching for the sake of screeching:
- Dull fetch quests that at best lead to reskinned enemies (Tonberry and Behemoth are exceptions) to fight with mostly useless rewards that you can just buy or find later.

- Dull loot that's never worthwhile, except for purple chests which contain weapons, of which there are only 6 per character. The steal table is also ass. Enemies only have regular Potions, Antidotes, Ethers and so on with only a handful of exceptions, all of which are bosses. Only one enemy in the entire game has something unique to steal, and that's Aerith's Bladed Staff from Elligor.

- Almost no materia variation. It's just basic elemental magic and a bunch of passives that affect ATB or decrease damage taken while blocking and so on. Enemy Skill is a token materia with only 4 skills that are completely useless. There's Wind materia, but no Earth or Gravity. There's only a handful of summons and they've shown almost all of them in trailers while some are pre-order DLC.

- No reason to use anything other than level 1 spells because the increased MP cost and cast time isn't worth it, especially on Hard Mode where MP doesn't recover and you can't use items. Very little difference in damage, and Curaga is only worth using when you have Magnify/All set.

- Useless items. You get 3k+ health early in the game and a Mega Potion heals 1.5k at most. You also can't use them rapidly from the menu outside of combat. You have to manually select and use one over and over until you have full health and it boots you from the menu with each use.

- All bosses are damage sponges. Hundred Gunner/Arsenal and Air Buster took me 10 minutes to put down on Normal difficulty, and it wasn't hard, just tedious.

- Mind numbing arena matches that are repeated for each playable character with identical encounters. The only worthwhile rewards are level 2 limit breaks.

- Completely worthless weapon upgrade system that encourages you to just set it to auto because you don't need anything other than flat damage upgrades.

- Summon and limit break system flat out sucks. You barely ever get to use either. The limit gauge isn't stored between fights, so it starts over again each time and almost never fully charges unless you use accessories that make it charge via MP or ATB use. You can also take damage during the windup animation. I've had Cloud die right before using Ascension/Climhazzard multiple times. Better yet, Aerith during Planet's Protector. Not only do you not get to use your limit break, but you also drain the gauge completely. Massive game design flaw. The summons are also worthless because they just stand around doing nothing unless you spend your own ATB on their attacks, which mostly suck and are about as powerful as a level 2 spell. Their one use is waiting for the summon bar to drain completely so they use their limit break, which is also underwhelming and barely more powerful than a level 3 spell.

- Some OST misfires. The OST does have many versions of each track playing during different situations, but some of them are just bad and would make Uematsu cry, especially the Oppressed People playing outside of Wall Market. The OST is mostly well done. Air Buster's version of Those Who Fight Further is probably the best version ever recorded.

- Lots of slow world interactions and animations. God help you if you want to move up a ladder or shimmy along a wall. It takes forever and has lots of awkward movement quirks that could use polish.

- Absurd loading times. There's a pullup minigame at the end of Wall Market that has 40 second rounds at the highest difficulty, and if you mess up once you have no hope of winning. If you select give up it takes longer than the round itself to load the world state so you essentially have to pick your poison. Should've had a retry option.

- The slums are very bland and lost most of the soul the original had. I like Wall Market because it reminds me of Yakuza, but the original's still better.

- Edit: I'd also like to add the bland level design and constant invisible walls and restrictions that prevent you from exploring until you reach very specific points in each relevant chapter to the list. This is extremely annoying when you spot a chest a few steps off the beaten path and can't go there because a character wants you to follow them to the next cutscene.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-11 09:19:23 by Az »

Manakaiser

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2020-04-10 09:39:37 »

I have some criticism after spending 40 something hours with the game that isn't just screeching for the sake of screeching:
- Dull fetch quests that at best lead to reskinned enemies (Tonberry and Behemoth are exceptions) to fight with mostly useless rewards that you can just buy or find later.

- Dull loot that's never worthwhile, except for purple chests which contain weapons, of which there are only 6 per character. The steal table is also ass. Enemies only have regular Potions, Antidotes, Ethers and so on with only a handful of exceptions, all of which are bosses. Only one enemy in the entire game has something unique to steal, and that's Aerith's Bladed Staff from Elligor.

- Almost no materia variation. It's just basic elemental magic and a bunch of passives that affect ATB or decrease damage taken while blocking and so on. Enemy Skill is a token materia with only 4 skills that are completely useless. There's Wind materia, but no Earth or Gravity. There's only a handful of summons and they've shown almost all of them in trailers while some are pre-order DLC.

- No reason to use anything other than level 1 spells because the increased MP cost and cast time isn't worth it, especially on Hard Mode where MP doesn't recover and you can't use items. Very little difference in damage, and Curaga is only worth using when you have Magnify/All set.

- Useless items. You get 3k+ health early in the game and a Mega Potion heals 1.5k at most. You also can't use them rapidly from the menu outside of combat. You have to manually select and use one over and over until you have full health and it boots you from the menu with each use.

- All bosses are damage sponges. Hundred Gunner/Arsenal and Air Buster took me 10 minutes to put down on Normal difficulty, and it wasn't hard, just tedious.

- Mind numbing arena matches that are repeated for each playable character with identical encounters. The only worthwhile rewards are level 2 limit breaks.

- Completely worthless weapon upgrade system that encourages you to just set it to auto because you don't need anything other than flat damage upgrades.

- Summon and limit break system flat out sucks. You barely ever get to use either. The limit gauge isn't stored between fights, so it starts over again each time and almost never fully charges unless you use accessories that make it charge via MP or ATB use. You can also take damage during the windup animation. I've had Cloud die right before using Ascension/Climhazzard multiple times. Better yet, Aerith during Planet's Protector. Not only do you not get to use your limit break, but you also drain the gauge completely. Massive game design flaw. The summons are also worthless because they just stand around doing nothing unless you spend your own ATB on their attacks, which mostly suck and are about as powerful as a level 2 spell. Their one use is waiting for the summon bar to drain completely so they use their limit break, which is also underwhelming and barely more powerful than a level 3 spell.

- Some OST misfires. The OST does have many versions of each track playing during different situations, but some of them are just bad and would make Uematsu cry, especially the Oppressed People playing outside of Wall Market. The OST is mostly well done. Air Buster's version of Those Who Fight Further is probably the best version ever recorded.

- Lots of slow world interactions and animations. God help you if you want to move up a ladder or shimmy along a wall. It takes forever and has lots of awkward movement quirks that could use polish.

- Absurd loading times. There's a pullup minigame at the end of Wall Market that has 40 second rounds at the highest difficulty, and if you mess up once you have no hope of winning. If you select give up it takes longer than the round itself to load the world state so you essentially have to pick your poison. Should've had a retry option.

- The slums are very bland and lost most of the soul the original had. I like Wall Market because it reminds me of Yakuza, but the original's still better.

thats literally spot on; great list

The Black-caped Man

• The time........has come........!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2020-04-10 10:32:34 »
As expected. It's not just not FF7 or a bad FF7, it's a dull action game with a character evolve system containing nothing but useless grinding for flat damage upgades, bad camera movement and AI but lots of flashyness....

Graphics, graphics, drama, matrix scenes, dbz scenes, effects, flashes are what 90% of the programming work went into.

Balance, itemization, strategy, story-telling, character development (gameplay and story wise), logical decisions of characters/companies, reasoning for ppl to be and say smth in a specific situation...all that what is really making any game good seems to be missing.

Good job
« Last Edit: 2020-04-10 10:38:17 by The Black-caped Man »

-Ric-

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2020-04-10 17:26:19 »
Hahaha.

sedef122003

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2020-04-10 18:08:45 »
Also I disagree about the voice acting and script.  It's atrocious high school level writing and acting.  Objectively poor.

Objectively poor? That is just not true now is it champ? Writing is some of the best Square has done in years and the voice acting is stellar, now that is my opinion so you can disagree but it is by no means objectively poor. You always seem to want to moan about something though. Got it a week early and just completed it. Fantastic game. I knew you fools would be moaning though. Stick with the mods, your attachment to the original curbs any meaningful critique.

-Ric-

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2020-04-10 18:37:24 »
Objectively poor? That is just not true now is it champ? Writing is some of the best Square has done in years and the voice acting is stellar, now that is my opinion so you can disagree but it is by no means objectively poor. You always seem to want to moan about something though. Got it a week early and just completed it. Fantastic game. I knew you fools would be moaning though. Stick with the mods, your attachment to the original curbs any meaningful critique.

You startled the witch.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-10 18:40:42 by -Ric- »

The Black-caped Man

• The time........has come........!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2020-04-10 20:31:55 »
Objectively poor? That is just not true now is it champ? Writing is some of the best Square has done in years and the voice acting is stellar, now that is my opinion so you can disagree but it is by no means objectively poor.

Its not hard to do since all they have done since FFX sucked hard which is 18 years now^^

You always seem to want to moan about something though. Got it a week early and just completed it. Fantastic game. I knew you fools would be moaning though. Stick with the mods, your attachment to the original curbs any meaningful critique.

Oh we will. We are older than the Game of thrones generation that just swallows everything flashy that has no real depth beyond its surface and that has "genius" plot twists in there like a company blowing themselves up just for the sake to have plot twists. And if a remake is announced it is natural to expect just that and not complete new story, characters that dont die but died in the original, mindless time traveling scenes that lack any logic, etc.

As for you, why do you post here if you "knew we would be moaning"? Seems irrational to me, you're trying to defend smth that on this forum will never be accepted by the majority of regular posters after all the changes they made (and also never truly announced, up to 2 weeks ago they still said it would be the same main story which was just a bold faced lie).

So go jerk off to AC, GoT or whatever and stop fighting a lost war here.

-Ric-

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2020-04-10 20:35:40 »
As for you, why do you post here if you "knew we would be moaning"? Seems irrational to me, you're trying to defend smth that on this forum will never be accepted by the majority of regular posters

Half a dozen of butthurt, triggered, crying folks don't represent the entirety of these forums.

His post is just as welcome as your tears are.

The triggering is real.

You wait for the user reviews... champ!

9.5 on IMDB and 8.1 on Metacritic so far. Not bad for an "unplayable, nonsensical pile of dog shite".
« Last Edit: 2020-04-10 21:12:57 by -Ric- »

-Ric-

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2020-04-10 22:41:54 »
160 negative already for a game hyped this much.

Now share the number of positive so I can laugh at you some more.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-10 23:39:43 by -Ric- »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #95 on: 2020-04-10 23:40:50 »
It'll probably settle somewhere between 7-8 I'm guessing. Right now it's the extreme ends that shows, mostly extreme fanboys who rates; hardly a reliable way to measure the "true" score. I've even seen some rate it 0 or 10 just to even out the filed, lol.

One can't deny that the fanboyism has been at all-time high levels, for a loong time now. It's the fanboys who drives the consensus atm, just because how many there are. But some see through SE's seamless manipulative marketing.

In the end, how you feel, and how it is supposed to be perceived, doesn't really matter. But the fact remains that SE are manipulative in their marketing by pushing their product in a certain way.
</shemlesspromoting>

https://sidearc.com/square-enix-is-lying-about-final-fantasy-vii-remake/

SE's marketing has an effect. Here are some fanboyquotes (long before release or demo):
This is how the story was intended to be told from the start.

It would be a waste not to make it (FF7R) action oriented.

FFs have always been action games at heart.

You can finally experience the true FF7 story.

Making the remake an action game stays true to the FF7 spirit.

I'm not triggered; I'm fascinated and amused. It's really a good look at social compliance.

Can't wait for the next "episode" to see what shenanigans SE can muster up. How many mountains will Sephiroth blow up?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #96 on: 2020-04-10 23:58:56 »
Nobody’s rating should matter to you except for your own. If anything, it’ll offer extra insight, but it’s definitely not meant to persuade you or others to think differently. Learn that and you’ll avoid getting worked up over these “discussion” threads.

-Ric-

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2020-04-11 00:14:25 »
It'll probably settle somewhere between 7-8 I'm guessing. Right now it's the extreme ends that shows, mostly extreme fanboys who rates; hardly a reliable way to measure the "true" score. I've even seen some rate it 0 or 10 just to even out the filed, lol.

I find both extremes hilariously sad. Those who claim it's the greatest game ever as well as those that claim is the worst game ever, should be mocked evenly.

As with most things in life, the answer lies somewhere in the middle.

I'm not triggered; I'm fascinated and amused. It's really a good look at social compliance.

Since you haven't made 50 posts pretty much just crying, running out of stuff to cry about and end up randomly repeating yourself, I believe you.

There's no denying some folks ARE triggered as all hell though. Which I can't help but to find hilarious. It's just a game after all.

Nobody’s rating should matter to you except for your own. If anything, it’ll offer extra insight, but it’s definitely not meant to persuade you or others to think differently. Learn that and you’ll avoid getting worked up over these “discussion” threads.

Shhhhh! It's important that some strangers on the interwebs agree with our views.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-11 00:21:27 by -Ric- »

Caledor

• [ITA]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #98 on: 2020-04-11 00:44:19 »
Yesterday, i stumbled upon a video where three old school italian influencers/youtubers/whatevers said, unanimously: I hope they don't add Genesis or whatever. I'm scared of what Nomura might pull. I wanna go back to Japan to watch the cherry blossoms, not to murder Nomura.

Those people are doing a live blind run of the Remake "for the fans". I'm so gonna buy loads of popcorn...

I give it a week or two. The bomb will drop sooner or later.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2020-04-11 01:13:11 »
-Ric- Your inflammatory responses to other peoples posts are bordering on a warning. Check yourself before I have to.