Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] FFNx - Next generation modding platform for FF7/FF8  (Read 37492 times)

TrueOdin

• View Profile
I just read the changelog for the 1.8 release... hooooly fuck this is awesome; that integration with SoLoud gives me a biig smile.

dammit im gonna have to make my music mod in 7.1 now xd

Looking forward into it :)

Juba

• View Profile
You'll want to stay updated on FFNx.  At some point in the future it will support 60fps.   Until then, you'll need to use Reunion found at ff7.live if you want to use this mod.

FFNx already supports 60fps... it's the game engine and (especially) all the underlying animations that were created for 15/30 that need to be rewritten.

Any update on 60fps support or how to enable it in FFNx ?

ff7maniac

• View Profile
hello I would like to know. people who have a configuration similar to i5, windows 10, ssd disk and an nvidia gt 1030 card how does ffnx work with Cosmos Lighting shadows and advanced animations, are there problems or slowdowns or is it playable properly? thank you.
« Last Edit: 2021-07-29 21:43:36 by ff7maniac »

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
hello I would like to know. people who have a configuration similar to i5, windows 10, ssd disk and an nvidia gt 1030 card how does ffnx work with Cosmos Lighting shadows and advanced animations, are there problems or slowdowns or is it playable properly? thank you.
Lighting and animations don't work without recent FFNx.

ff7maniac

• View Profile
I know it, I ask if it works well enough with an nvidia gt 1030 card

TrueOdin

• View Profile
I know it, I ask if it works well enough with an nvidia gt 1030 card

You should be fine. Make sure to use the latest canary.

ff7maniac

• View Profile
are you sure ? satsuki told me at least a pc i5 windows 10 ssd and a gtx 1050

Dekko

• View Profile
Hello TrueOdin!

First of all, thank you for working on this!

I've been a fan of Final Fantasy 7-9 ever since they came out on Playstation back in the day and I've been a user on this forum for quite a while when I got into modding the original PC releases of these wonderful games to make them shine. Some amazing stuff has been made to happen in this forum for sure! :-)

Have not been active here or logged in for a very long time so when I saw your project I got VERY excited.

My question to you though is, as I'm currently running the Original PC Release version of FF7 extensively modded, and with Aali's latest driver with the error messages patched out - would it be possible to use FFNx as a drop in replacement for the Aali driver without having to change anything in terms of the mods installed etc?

Running Windows 7 64-bit fully up to date with an Intel Core i7 6700k, 64 GB RAM and an ASUS GTX970 graphics card.

TrueOdin

• View Profile
Hello TrueOdin!

First of all, thank you for working on this!

I've been a fan of Final Fantasy 7-9 ever since they came out on Playstation back in the day and I've been a user on this forum for quite a while when I got into modding the original PC releases of these wonderful games to make them shine. Some amazing stuff has been made to happen in this forum for sure! :-)

Have not been active here or logged in for a very long time so when I saw your project I got VERY excited.

My question to you though is, as I'm currently running the Original PC Release version of FF7 extensively modded, and with Aali's latest driver with the error messages patched out - would it be possible to use FFNx as a drop in replacement for the Aali driver without having to change anything in terms of the mods installed etc?

Running Windows 7 64-bit fully up to date with an Intel Core i7 6700k, 64 GB RAM and an ASUS GTX970 graphics card.

Thank you very much :) To briefly answer your question, yes it should work fine. Nevertheless, I'm not sure how you got them installed, so just make sure to properly backup files that will be replaced so you can then later revert back.

Nevertheless, FFNx is being integrated along multiple mod managers today, I suggest you making use of them as tons of mods have improved too and make use of those updated components.

Cheers!

are you sure ? satsuki told me at least a pc i5 windows 10 ssd and a gtx 1050

Feel free to try and report back. I'm not a Game Studio with a budget dedicated in replicating HW configurations being reported to me, so all I can do is wait for feedback and try to improve on top of them :)