Author Topic: [FF7PC][TSUNAMODS] Satsuki Yatoshi Mod - SYW V5 - unsuported anymore  (Read 385243 times)

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
AIO 5.62 update :
-Updated FFNx.
-Updated some menu's portraits (by Aavock).
-Updated the always run function with all languages (compatible with sound overhaul, thanks Chrysalis).
-Added the True Honey Bee Inn (missing BHI fields, thanks Cloudiar, english and spanish only ATM).
-Corrected a rare bug of battle animation slowdown with no mouth option (thanks Bumpin' for reporting it).

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Updated the 30fps et 60fps FMV iro's to use the original upscaled version (some was the no chibi one by Cosmo because of a mistake)

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
AIO 6.53 update
-Updated FFNx.
-Corrected a rare bug of battle animation slowdown with no mouth option (again, now it's 100% ok ^^').

DAnima

• View Profile
Having a slight problem, anybody else notice that turning on animations actually turns them off on some fields? So with animations set to Full, Recommended, or Light I get animations on every field (that I've played on so far) except after defeating Motorball at the end of the Midgar section. With animations on there are no flashing lights on that field, with animations set to no change the flashing lights appear, but then I have no animations on every other field. I've tried with 60fps on, 30fps on, and OG fps. Loving the mod so far, was just disappointed with that scene, haven't played
too much past that point to see if it happens in other places yet. 2 other things I've noticed is a texture over Cloud when entering Hojo's specimen tank, and the door stays shut on the vehicle that takes you to the golden saucer. Thank you for what you do Satsuki!

Has this been fixed?

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Has this been fixed?
I was never be able to reproduice it so i don't know ^^'

slammit

• View Profile
Hi, this mod looks great and I wanted to try it out for my new playthrough.

Using the regular steam version, are saves compatible if I uninstall at a later point?

Edit: steam will delete saves from SYWmod, but if you paste them into the steam save location after launching vanilla launcher, everything loads up just fine.

Love the mod!!
« Last Edit: 2022-05-28 20:47:29 by slammit »

shogun2413

• View Profile
kudos for this satsuki

celtichonor

• View Profile
¡Halo!
First of all, thanks for the impressive job you are doing.
I did install the last update and everything seems to be as georgeous as it was on a CRT or even better, but we Spainiards (or at least me), have some big issues with the original translation of this game in our language. The whole game translation's feels like if it was translated by a maschine and, in fact, the translation itself is known gobally for the spanish comunity as a big meme.

Here's an example:
''Savepoint'' which means ''Punto *DE* guardado'' (a place or ''punto'' where you save your progress) and it is translated as ''Guardar punto'' which means ''save a point'' (I don't know, maybe like a score one or something tangible, you know xD) It swaps completly the sense from genitive to infinitive and belive me, this is but the tip of an aberrant iceberg.

Well, jokes aside... I have 0 problem on playing this in english but it's more enjoyable doing it in my own native language so I decided to apply a translation patch before (and after as well) installing the mod itslef. It was okey until I saved my game and I tried to continue with my journey the next day to find that the savegame was corrupted and it isn't an exception, it happens to me all the time.
So now the question is: Is there any way to make this patch run along with this mod?

Thanks beforehand and don't be so rude with me if I'm ignoring anything related with the compatibility of this stuff. 

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
¡Halo!
First of all, thanks for the impressive job you are doing.
I did install the last update and everything seems to be as georgeous as it was on a CRT or even better, but we Spainiards (or at least me), have some big issues with the original translation of this game in our language. The whole game translation's feels like if it was translated by a maschine and, in fact, the translation itself is known gobally for the spanish comunity as a big meme.

Here's an example:
''Savepoint'' which means ''Punto *DE* guardado'' (a place or ''punto'' where you save your progress) and it is translated as ''Guardar punto'' which means ''save a point'' (I don't know, maybe like a score one or something tangible, you know xD) It swaps completly the sense from genitive to infinitive and belive me, this is but the tip of an aberrant iceberg.

Well, jokes aside... I have 0 problem on playing this in english but it's more enjoyable doing it in my own native language so I decided to apply a translation patch before (and after as well) installing the mod itslef. It was okey until I saved my game and I tried to continue with my journey the next day to find that the savegame was corrupted and it isn't an exception, it happens to me all the time.
So now the question is: Is there any way to make this patch run along with this mod?

Thanks beforehand and don't be so rude with me if I'm ignoring anything related with the compatibility of this stuff.
As the save/load of the game is make by ff7.exe and not by my mod you could try :
-install steam ff7 from scratch
-install my pack
-rename ff7.s.exe to ff7.exe (because in my pack ff7.s.exe is used to launch the spanish version of the game)
-apply the patch to ff7 (be sure to use a patch for the 1998 version of the game)
-rename ff7.exe to ff7.s.exe

if it doesn't work i don't know....

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Updated all my 7th mods:
-All mods are now a mod folder instead of an iro file (way faster with advanced animation, and overall faster (mainly with mid/low power computers)
-Added opening crédits and gameover textures to the font and menu pack.

ItsJustGold

• View Profile
When I use CTRL + R to soft reset the game, the game seems to lock up when I get into battle. The whole screen goes black, and while I can input battle commands, the never go off and I have to hard close the game.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
When I use CTRL + R to soft reset the game, the game seems to lock up when I get into battle. The whole screen goes black, and while I can input battle commands, the never go off and I have to hard close the game.
It's not related to the pack, it's probably related to FFNx, you can ask here (provide the FFNx log too ^^) : https://discord.gg/QAsADC93

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Updated the Menu and Font 7th pack
-now you can select the elements you want to use from it
-added multilang game over screens

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Updated the Menu and Font 7th pack
-Added multilang opening credits
-Added HD ending credits texts too

Eagleman

• View Profile
Hi Satski, does the mod still support transparent dialog box, battle menus and user interface? I can't seem to make that work. I am using 7th Heaven.
« Last Edit: 2022-07-17 11:26:45 by Eagleman »

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Hi Satski, does the mod still support transparent dialog box, battle menus and user interface? I can't seem to make that work. I am using 7th Heaven.
it's an AIO pack feature (with FFNx) you may use it with some patch but ask 7th support ^^

Eagleman

• View Profile
Thanks Satski! Much appreciated.

EZ 724

• View Profile
Has this been fixed?

I was able to get rid of the issue by updating FFNx and 7th heaven. Everything running smooth (with a few slow downs) up to Cosmo Canyon so far.

kiko2277

• View Profile
Amazing mods, the 60fps FMV mod breaks all the FMV scenes for me, even the 30fps does that, i'm using Steam version and 7H mod manager

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
What do you mean , can you be more precise ?

kiko2277

• View Profile
When there's a FMV scene the game skips it to the next in-game scene

EDIT: nvm it's working now
« Last Edit: 2022-09-19 04:29:44 by kiko2277 »

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Changelog 5.64
-Optimised launcher speed on mouse over option.
-Updated FFNx 1.14.0 stable.
-Updated Cosmo Memory v1.1.
-Added updcaled HD textures for ending credits + Updated opening credits (all 4 languages).
-Added true 16/9 game mod.
-Small update in mds7plr2 fx and mds7plr1 grid (thanks laz@ro).
-Mirror correction in tunnel_5 (thanks Acro).

Hepativore

• View Profile
Hello, I have been trying out your series of mods for the Tsunamod package, and while the game runs, there appears to be some strange artifacts where the game will fill in the texture that the specific mod affects with a black and red line pattern as if the texture is missing. This does not appear to be restricted to the Tsunamod package, but also other mods affecting field, world textures, or user interfaces. I know that it is the mods, because turning them off removes the issue

I have an older computer so I am somewhat limted by what my graphics card driver, as I have an AMD Radeon 6480 that is no longer supported by AMD as it is now a legacy driver. I use the OpenGL driver for running FFVII.

Is it directly related to my graphics card driver, or am I doing something wrong? Can the issue be fixed?

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Hello, I have been trying out your series of mods for the Tsunamod package, and while the game runs, there appears to be some strange artifacts where the game will fill in the texture that the specific mod affects with a black and red line pattern as if the texture is missing. This does not appear to be restricted to the Tsunamod package, but also other mods affecting field, world textures, or user interfaces. I know that it is the mods, because turning them off removes the issue

I have an older computer so I am somewhat limted by what my graphics card driver, as I have an AMD Radeon 6480 that is no longer supported by AMD as it is now a legacy driver. I use the OpenGL driver for running FFVII.

Is it directly related to my graphics card driver, or am I doing something wrong? Can the issue be fixed?
As i say, i'm not doing any 7th support here, also if the bug is present outside my pack, it's probably related to an FFNx setting or your computer, ask in 7th forum ^^

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile

answer is in 7h FAQ:
https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=21245.0