Author Topic: In need of some PSFs from FF7  (Read 5650 times)

Cyrus XIII

• View Profile
In need of some PSFs from FF7
« on: 2003-10-17 23:50:09 »
(I'm not quite sure wether this should go here, but since it's related to programming skills...)
Anyway, as some of you might know, the Final Fantasy VII minipsf-rip by Neill Corlett is not quite complete,compared to the game's PC-version it misses 4 tracks. Could anyone rip them ? I'm not sure at all what level of experience and work psf-ripping requires, but hey, asking is for free, right ?  :wink:  I uploaded the pc-version's midis of those tracks HERE.

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2003-10-19 22:31:45 »
Heh, comical = not in the game, ever.

He ripped them to the OST... so certain songs, those ones which are just versions of other songs didn't get ripped.

Infact, they might not even exist in the Psx version as insted of having those other versions they might just forward to the right part of the song... PC FFVII doesn't appear to be able to do anything with midis exist play them... it's not able to go to a certain point in them and play, which is why after a battle the music in the dungeon/town resets... in the Psx version it continutes playing from the place it left off at when the battle started. REALLY stupid in the part of Square Soft...

Cyrus XIII

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2003-10-20 00:02:58 »
Yes, very dissapointing. Resuming is supported by Ficedula's FF7Music though, which is part of the psf-patch I developed (see my thread in the tweaking section).  I think I'll just try ripping the missing ones myself when ePSXe finally includes psf-ripping some day.  :-?

xeriouxi

• View Profile
Missing tracks...
« Reply #3 on: 2003-10-20 10:51:39 »
Hi!

I thought that the missing files were included in the FF7Music update?  :-?

xeriouxi.

Rubicant_II

« Reply #4 on: 2003-10-20 16:11:49 »
No...they weren't...

It's 'cause they've kept the PSF file format ripping under wraps for so long. So we'll just have to wait. Not a problem, really.

The update changed the version of ff7music that was included. Originally, I included ff7music 1.05, because as far as I knew, that was the only one that worked. Of course, that was many months ago, and over time I finally figured out how to get version 1.10 to work. It had to do with a version of ficedula.dll that had to be used. There was a minor bug with version 1.10 that wouldn't allow the music to ever stop. So Ficedula gave us an update  to fix that problem. So technically version 1.11 is included with that package, but you didn't need to know that.  :wink:

xeriouxi

• View Profile
Guess at where the comical piece is...
« Reply #5 on: 2003-10-30 20:45:49 »
Hi!

Correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't the comical piece play if you lose the submarine mini game? I delibrately lost to see what it would do, and FF7Music played the game over theme.  :-?

Oh, and this isn't an excuse for me losing the game!

xeriouxi.

Sephiroth2000

« Reply #6 on: 2003-10-31 01:40:39 »
I thought the comical piece was either:
In the play.
There's a rumour that there's a hidden place in the Midgar Slums where the comical piece plays.
Or, as xeriouxi said, when you failed the Sub mission.

xeriouxi

• View Profile
It's not the play...
« Reply #7 on: 2003-11-10 11:18:43 »
Hi!

The track that plays in the play scene is called 'Debut' and is not the comical theme. Was it actually used in the PSX version of FF7?  :-?

xeriouxi.

Sephiroth2000

« Reply #8 on: 2003-11-11 01:57:48 »
If i had an audio recorder then i'd show you...but apparently i have not one. I think i have found another thing here. Maybe the comical music was played if you get over 600,000 points on the Speed Square(sounds impossible to me but a guy convinced me to post it here...)or maybe in the Battle Square when you get over 10,000,000,000BP. I tried this and it didn't work, maybe on PC...?

Rubicant

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2003-11-12 06:00:04 »
"Debut" is used for the part of the date where you go and perform the play.

On the other hand, there is a track called "comical", which I have no idea where it could possibly be used. So I just put in jenova's psf file for that one, and maybe the jenova theme will play in some weird game that plays that song. But I have never heard "comical" ever being played in-game. Also, it's not on the OST.

Sephiroth2000

« Reply #10 on: 2003-11-12 07:44:42 »
Quote from: Rubicant
Also, it's not on the OST.

And neither is the song that plays when Rufus Shin-Ra dies.

xeriouxi

• View Profile
It is, actually...
« Reply #11 on: 2003-11-12 10:39:57 »
Hi!

Actually, that track is on the OST. If you listen fully to 'The Makou Cannon is Fired ~ Shinra Explodes' then you'll here it. If you listen to the MIDI files, then usually you won't here that part. It would then, in that case, be called some 'unknown' track.  :D

xeriouxi.

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2003-11-12 17:12:52 »
Rubicant,
Comical never appears in the game,
Its one of those MIDIs that was never used,
It was still handed over to Yamaha to convert to XG midi for the convertion to PC for FF7 PC

Rubicant

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2003-11-12 23:16:11 »
Quote from: The Skillster
Rubicant,
Comical never appears in the game

Well yeah...but there's always the chance that someone is going to thrash me about being wrong about something as trivial as a song being in a game or not.

"RUBcANT YEW R RONG COMICAL IS YOUSED IN FF&!!! U R SO DUM! LoL!!1"

Okay, a bit of an overstatement  :P . Still, I wonder why they bothered to keep it, then. I know there is hidden tracks  that they put in on purpose, but comical is a pretty boring song. It may be used in a funny situation, like red13's tail fire catching barret's vest on fire, and barret runs around in a barrage of flames. I could then imagine that music in the game.