Author Topic: FF7 Music (outdated)  (Read 297405 times)

moogleboi

Re: The Idiots Guide To FF7Music (JK xD)
« Reply #75 on: 2006-08-14 13:47:41 »
I tried the Cetra patch (apparently needed), but it caused my game to send error report.
Still wont work for me...

The Pezman

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2006-08-18 07:12:59 »
Investigated Samuel's FF8 soundfonts today, and realized how practical a solution it is.  There's really no downside.  You keep it MIDI, but just update the sounds you hear.

So why hasn't anyone done this for VII, opting instead to replace them with non-loopable mp3s?

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #77 on: 2006-08-18 14:37:08 »
It's not as simple with FF7, there is no DLS file you can replace to change all of the instrument sounds.
You can load a soundfont if you have a sound card that supports it, and there actually are several of these available for FF7.

Fergus McMillan

« Reply #78 on: 2006-09-21 23:10:45 »
Hey, I installed this mod along with the NPC RP mod. Everything seems to be working cool only there are a few minor glitches:

-often 1 second or so of the midi will play before the mp3 kicks in
-there's the odd time that both the midi and mp3 play at the same time (mostly for battles, but this only happened once or twice so far)
-I can't get the mp3 for cosmo canyon to work at all. Well, it works, but the midi still plays overtop and I can't get it to stop.

I haven't gotten every track switched over to an mp3 or psf or whatever, only maybe 10 songs. The biggest problem is the issue with Cosmo Canyon.

BluECliQ

« Reply #79 on: 2006-09-23 01:52:01 »
I had a very insanely difficult time getting this to work. But as others say they did it with ease, therefore...I am nub =), but I eventually did get it to work and it was well worth the hour of time invested to making it work. FF7's story alone is a great enough reason to replay the game, but with the high-res patch, this patch...PC version completely pwns PS version. I heard for the high-res patch they're working on background textures or something...that's going to be an amazing adition to the improvements already out there. Keep up the good work everyone who spends their time dedicated to making our FF so great!  :-D

- Edit -
This might be a noob question, but is there any possible way to be able to set a certain midi to multiple MP3's? And then randomize which one it ends up playing. This way we can add a few of our own songs for stuff like battle music and keep it all randomized.

Mod Edit: Do not double-post.
« Last Edit: 2006-09-25 12:48:01 by Alhexx »

Master Ridley

• Space Pirate Supreme Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2006-09-25 00:48:04 »
This might be a noob question, but is there any possible way to be able to set a certain midi to multiple MP3's? And then randomize which one it ends up playing. This way we can add a few of our own songs for stuff like battle music and keep it all randomized.
As far as I know. it's not possible but you can always ask the creator!
For those of you still having trouble, refer to the first page and the list I've made!

Use this as some of the .minipsf's that come with this aren't included with FF7Music.exe.
« Last Edit: 2006-10-06 04:51:59 by Master Ridley »

CaptainNoobtastic

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2006-10-05 22:50:05 »
been having issues with this from the offset

Basically what happens is that when i try to use in_mp3.dll it comes up with "Access violation at address <various memory addresses based on what i click> in module 'in_mp3.dl'. Read of address 00000000."

so far the memory addresses that make access violation errors are 020018EA and 0200128BA

clicking OK makes em go away and i can continue changing things, like what  files are used in place of the originals, but they have no effect

Help would be nice,do i need a new version of that .dll to correct the issue? or maybe an old one?

Either way im gonna try get a new version of the .dll (will reinstall winamp)

mrxdru

« Reply #82 on: 2006-10-22 20:19:36 »
Not sure if it's just me, but FF7Music doesn't mute my midi automatically.  I've checked mute midi option in configuration but it doesn't seem to work.  Anyone else have this problem?

Braveheart

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2006-11-05 01:01:53 »
www.ffdream.com

i find this site pretty interesant have all musics of all ff's

Chocobo0545

« Reply #84 on: 2006-11-05 23:01:56 »
I didn't want to read through the whole topic, so this has probably ben done already, but if I have the PSF player in the Winamp directory, do I have to copy it into the directory to have the game play the files?

TwilightFantasy

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2006-11-13 17:52:27 »
no you do not have to copy the psf player to the ff directory.  You just have to have Ficedula.dll and the music in the ff directory. Ficedula basically locates winamp/the dll itself as far as I know for psf's but I use MP3's as it's easier to change the songs/find them/create them
« Last Edit: 2006-11-13 17:54:18 by TwilightFantasy »

Bane King

• View Profile
    • Sammie Jo Bray 1986-2006 -- You will be Missed
« Reply #86 on: 2006-11-18 14:02:00 »
FF7music makes use of WinAMP plugins, so if there is a WAV for similar plug in that you can configure from the UI then you shouldnt have problems using WAV files.

MP3s dont loop, FF7music loops them for you.

I have FF7 Music and it doesn't loop for me.
How do I do that?
I checked the little box that says loop but nothing happens.
I also can't play MP3s either.

This is my FF7 Music version....

FF7Music configuration tool

Configuration tool version: 1.1.0 build 2

FF7Music library located
FF7Music library version: 1.1.1 build 0

Soooooo...what am I doing wrong?

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2006-11-19 03:11:26 »
This is my FF7 Music version....

FF7Music configuration tool

Configuration tool version: 1.1.0 build 2

FF7Music library located
FF7Music library version: 1.1.1 build 0

Soooooo...what am I doing wrong?
1.10?
That's the old version of FF7music! Try the newer version.

Landarma

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2006-11-26 11:09:50 »
FF7Music surely messes up music file path when saving settings.  I tried to make it work several hours.......and it worked.  Seems it works properly if you set file path like this:
Code: [Select]
Paths="Your File Path #1";"Your File Path #2";..."Your File Path #n";

steven

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2006-12-21 18:03:03 »
I don't know if it was just me or not, but the new ver of winamp's in_mp3.dll dose not work for the ff7music program. It causes the program to stop working when I tryed to run it with that dll in the directory I selected for the audio plugins

Landarma

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2007-01-25 00:12:03 »
Then, is there in_mp3.dll that works with FF7Music?  Now I have same problem.

**God, it's crazy.... I just read log file(and delete that..>_<).  I don't have any idea why in_bass.dll tried to play .mp3.   Besides, FF7Music doesn't seem to recognize in_mp3.dll.......
« Last Edit: 2007-01-25 05:06:32 by Landarma »

steven

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2007-02-06 21:01:49 »
Then, is there in_mp3.dll that works with FF7Music?  Now I have same problem.

**God, it's crazy.... I just read log file(and delete that..>_<).  I don't have any idea why in_bass.dll tried to play .mp3.   Besides, FF7Music doesn't seem to recognize in_mp3.dll.......

Well the new in_mp3.dll that winamp comes with (I think it is winamp v 5.32) dose not work with this prog. So if you have a older ver of winamp then install that into a temp dir and copy the dll. or just try ot find a older ver online.

Claude

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2007-02-12 12:00:54 »
Hi! Thanks for the guide, i have one problem though, it takes from 15 seconds to 1 minute to switch song when moving from place to place, fight to fight... very annoying. I tried the lessdebug addon, crashed the whole game at first, then when i got it 'working', it does the same as usual. I don't have so slow processor considering the age of the game; Athlon 3200+. So using the lessdebug is a waste of time anyway i think. What could be the problem? Working fine, but i have this problem.. thanks in advance.

<EDIT> Typo, before someone asks, i use older versions of the "in_mp3.dll" and "out_wave.dll"'s since the new ones does not work. 1.02 patch applied, all other modifications works great. Didn't find anything related to this with search except the lessdebug that didn't work.
« Last Edit: 2007-02-12 12:03:09 by Claude »

miracle.flame

• ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2007-02-12 13:24:02 »
Did you try the one from NEAT COMPILATION...?
If so, tell me whether it's the same.

EDIT: oh, and you'll need to follow these instructions.
« Last Edit: 2007-02-12 13:26:03 by miracle.flame »

Claude

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2007-02-12 18:42:49 »
Did you try the one from NEAT COMPILATION...?
If so, tell me whether it's the same.

EDIT: oh, and you'll need to follow these instructions.

I'm such an amateur, i just had to reboot and it works fine, thanks ! :)

Landarma

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2007-02-19 05:34:43 »
Well the new in_mp3.dll that winamp comes with (I think it is winamp v 5.32) dose not work with this prog. So if you have a older ver of winamp then install that into a temp dir and copy the dll. or just try ot find a older ver online.

Nah, nevermind.  I have older version of in_mp3.dll, and I found how to do.  But still, I don't know why in_bass.dll tried to play .mp3 files.  Anyway, I did some crazy things with ff7music and several sound files.......

Danilov

« Reply #96 on: 2007-04-10 16:14:15 »
Has anyone else had a problem with turning down the game's own midi music? In the config menu there's a slider for the fx, but where music slider ought to be, there's just a text "not supported". ff7music works fine, but that crappy midi music still plays in the background. Same thing happens with two different sound cards, so any workaround or, better yet, a solution would be appreciated.

Landarma

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2007-04-11 03:21:41 »
Hello, did you mute 'MIDI Synth' in Mixer?

miracle.flame

• ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2007-04-12 14:05:26 »
You have to choose another midi device in config.exe that will support volume control.

#Sen-chan#

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2007-04-12 17:14:30 »
Wow, it's been a long while since I was on here. Unfortunately Real Life sucks, along with trying to put in a dual-core processor. But we're not going to go into it and the heavy fan that snapped off the little brackets on the motherboard that held it and crashed onto my video card that THANKFULLY DIDN'T BREAK.

Anyway, I'd made an Acronis back up (GREAT program, btw, totally worth the buy), but that didn't work, so I ended up reinstalling fresh from the game and redoing ALL the patches. Not on my list of favorite things since I also lost all my save games and have to start over. I'm still messing with the sound, as it's not that great and don't get me started on fixing the video screen.

I did want to mention that I tried wave files and they don't work. I don't use winamp, but foobar2000. I bought the AC soundtrack and love it to death (I can tell you what track name is playing while I watch the movie :p), so I converted one of my flacs (battle music) to wave to test it. I know for a fact that it won't work with flacs without testing it, since the creator told me so herself. Unfortunately, it also does not work with wave files.

I'm also having a bit of a problem with my sound, but I want to uncheck a sound setting for my sound card itself before posting about it here, if I can even describe it.

EDIT: Slowly replacing all my tracks. As for those Shinra Explode tracks where there are apparently 2 missing from the OST, I found them. They were in one file, Disc 4, Track 12, The Mako Cannon is fired. Thank god for Adobe Audition, I listened to the minispf (I downloaded a zip where someone wonderfully put up all the tracks, can't find who at the moment since I'm lazy :p) and compared it to that particular track. I have 320 mp3s of those tracks and can upload them if anyone wants them. Also, I have the fanfare2, and straight bombing mission edited from the mp3s. The only ones I don't have are these:

wind=
heart=
sato=
sensui=
« Last Edit: 2007-04-12 19:59:38 by #Sen-chan# »