Author Topic: FFVII TC mod  (Read 3362 times)

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
FFVII TC mod
« on: 2006-08-21 03:43:40 »
serioiusly, i'm looking for people to help me, i got text editing covered with cosmo, i'm just looking for someone to help with writing the new text and making models and such, i think a Total Conversion for FF VII would be pretty awesome, anyone else in? i'd have a start already but i can't get kimera to work

Herpderp Mcderp

• View Profile
Re: FFVII TC mod
« Reply #1 on: 2006-08-21 03:52:24 »
Its enough of a nightmare to replace models, and I don't thinkw e know how to change battle locations or add new places yet.

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006-08-21 13:31:03 »
i'm more than willing to do most of the work of replacing models and such if someone can get kimera working for me, i just really need someone to help me MAKE the models

The Shape

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006-08-22 06:18:08 »
Dude, I don't want to sound like a total jerk or anything-- but you are wanting to do a total conversion mod for ff7 and you are having trouble even getting the first program you are trying to use operational. Kind of discouraging. 

Wish my post could be helpful, though...

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006-08-22 17:50:10 »
1) Battle scene format is known
2) Battle AI control information is semi known WIP(Work In Progress)
3) Field Scene Format is semi known WIP
4) Field Scene Control information WIP this is also known as the field script

I suggest instead of wanting to convert it too something else you develope your own game from scratch.  It has a high probability of being easier in the long run. Or you could try contributing too Q-gears project.  It's a long term project and is making steady progress inspite of ourselves. This project is making an FF7 engine.  It's important to understand that in order to make such an engine the internal formats etc. have to be known.  Along with the script system etc.

Cyb