Author Topic: Computer is SO SLOW! Also beeps.  (Read 5839 times)

JordieBo

• View Profile
Computer is SO SLOW! Also beeps.
« on: 2008-07-14 13:31:03 »
My laptop isn't low on memory at all but I'm deleting stuff anyway and that isn't helping. I've stopped as many processes as possible such as Limewire and Bitlord. And I've even tried changing the skin.
But whatever I do my Vista is slow. Every time I do something my laptop just goes LOL NO! Imma make you wait fool! So that takes ages and most of the time freezes and stops responding, even my desktop stops responding and crashes, I can't watch video's, streamed off Internet or in a player it just sticks too much and so does music. When i click on the volume it will pop up and I have to wait about 20 seconds before it becomes usuable. Even while I type this it sticks and then appears about 60 keystrokes later! D:
I can't do anything! I have McAffee Anti-virus and it always stops viruses.
What can I do?

Destiny

• View Profile
Re: Computer is SO SLOW! Also beeps.
« Reply #1 on: 2008-07-14 16:08:54 »
Ehm... have you tried to format your laptop? "When you buy a laptop the format is the top"

ChaosControl

• ยค
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-07-14 16:20:49 »
Don't watch so much p0rn.

Midgar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-07-14 20:17:12 »
this. also it sounds like your computer is too crappy to run vista.

JordieBo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-07-14 20:48:57 »
o.o

Well, anyway. My computer has always ran it fine just a few weeks ago, its a real good computer and I've used it for months and it was fine. My sister's fiance has been using it lately and I'm not sure if it's his fault or mine. But what I'm asking is there any steps I can take to make it run faster?

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-07-15 05:15:36 »
delete everything in your "prefetch" folder.  Then download a program call ccleaner and run it.  Once it finishes you want to clean the registry (make sure to back it up). Finally find the tab that says startup and erase all the applications that you don't want windows to run when you turn the comp on.

Restart and defrag your computer.  Once that finishes restart once more and it should be noticeably faster.

Also if you don't want certain programs be sure to erase them before doing any of this.

Marc

• I hear Voices ... in my head
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-07-15 21:48:48 »
Just out of curiosity, how much RAM have you got ?

Vista is a notorious RAM hog.  In m experience you need at least 1,5 gigs for it to be pleasantly useable as 1 gig is just unresponsive.