Author Topic: PS3 vs 360  (Read 9045 times)

peteey07

• Never give up, never back down.
    • View Profile
PS3 vs 360
« on: 2008-07-17 15:09:49 »
Hi guys. :)
I've been thinking that it's about time that i bought myself another next gen console, the Wii just dosen't have much that interests me.
I've been telling myself since the PS3 came out,
"I'm gettin' that."
And im still pretty intent on getting it, however as I'm getting closer to the purchase.

I'm getting doubtful and unsure.

People say that the 360 is better than the PS3, it's sales are better, has a wider game variety, and it's games aren't just crappy movie rips and sequels.
I think that the PS3 is yet to see glory, but at the moment, the PS3 in ones eyes is seen as (excuse me) shit.

I'd like to hear 10 real good reasons why to buy the PS3. Looking forward to your replies ^^

On my last note, things i don't want to hear.

-Awesome graphics
-PS3 sucks.
-Bluray capapility
-HD
-MGS4

I've heard it all and I know it all.
Now we wait =]

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
Re: PS3 vs 360
« Reply #1 on: 2008-07-17 15:15:58 »
1. Free online play compared to Xbox Live (With no where near as much lag as 360 Fanboys claim)
2. DualShock 3 is actually the shit
3. Internet access (browse pages, not just the online store)
4. Quicker loading times than 360 counterpart games due to installation on first play
5. No batteries required for the wireless controller (Saving money)
6. PS1 games downloadable from PS Store for £3.50
7. FF7 remake if it ever happens
8. Sexual design, and push symbols instead of buttons
9. Virtually NO noise while you play
10. Bluetooth compatible

....By the way, I'm no fanboy, I have both consoles, and could easily list 10 good points abou thte 360, but that's not really what this is about is it? ;-)

peteey07

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-07-17 15:25:01 »
Sounds pretty sweet.
Quite a few points came through to me
OHH YEAH and i forgot about the remake of FF7
Theres one thing thats bugging me, but it's probably nothing.
360 fanboys tell me that Guitar Hero 3 (pS3 version) LAGS!
And theres nothing i hate more than lag >=[

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-07-17 20:34:53 »
That is true, but as with any other online game, on any other platform, it simply depends on the ping of the other player, although to be fair, it is a hell of a lot worse lag-wise when it happens on the ps3.

I bought GH3 again for my 360 because of it.

Midgar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-07-17 23:29:09 »
as an owner of a 360 i can say since the news of ffviii coming to 360, im not dissapointed in it at all. i do not want anything on the ps3, except its free multiplayer, i don't use live because i dont believe in paying for garbage. the ps3 is impressive in what it can do rather than what it does (very good console with mediocre games). if any game console interests you it should be the 360 for its content, and ps3 for it's.... potential. i would trade my 360 and all the games for the final fantasy and disgaea 3 though.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-07-18 15:19:24 »
As I said, I own both consoles, and believe there are some stellar games for both.
Granted at the moment, the 360 by far has the lead, with things such as Mass Effect, Bioshock, Forza, PGR and such, but the PS3 has...Metal Gear Solid 4 (It's a given I know, but still a great game with loads of replay value), Heavenly Sword (Might be a GoW rip-off, but it's a pretty damn good one), Resistance (Not as good as hype would suggest, but still pretty OK).

All in all, I'd actually say invest in a ps3 were you forced to choose.  The 360 has the advantage right now, but given time, there will surely be much better games released in the future for the Sony machine.  If I still had to buy one, I personally would go for the ps3 for it's future releases, as in time it's a given that 360 exclusives will be brought out on ps3, just as ps3 exclusives will be brought out on 360.....

PS3 = Free multi-player.
360 = Pay money for a SLIGHTLY better service.

The PS3 in my opinion, will have the edge in the future, and would be a wiser investment.

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-07-20 15:30:58 »
360 games always come to PC :)

peteey07

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008-07-21 06:32:03 »
360 games always come to PC :)
Thats so true.
Yeah I've kept in mind the fact that the PS3 is yet to see glory, and it will come ahead of the 360 in the (near?) future. There's so much cool stuff coming for the PS3, I'm looking forward to GoW3, FF7 Remake (yeah, it's a rumor, but i think it will happen)  FFXIII (i know it's coming to Xbox aswell, but PS3 will still have the more spectacular graphics.) and the already released MGS4 (I recently played through the previous 3 for a recall, i cannot WAIT to see whats next xD )
I'm sure a lot more is coming as well.
My mind is made up. PS3 it is.
Thanks guys for all the suggestions ;D

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008-07-21 09:14:51 »
No probs, glad if we helped. :-D

Btw, if you do get a ps3, there is something on the PS Store, free for download, called the MGS Database.  I would urge any fans of the series to download it, it's free, and gives you masses of information about every aspect of the game, from the progonation of "Les Enfant Teriblles" to the birth of The Boss, and tactical info on weapons, items etc...

It can be really good if you fancy a catch up before playing number 4, and also saves you playing through all previous games.

There's also no spoilers for 4's story, because anything relating to MGS4 is locked, until you have a completed save game on your ps3 HDD to prevent story spoilers. ;-)

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008-07-21 21:50:49 »
Random comment:
Devil May Cry 4 :mrgreen:

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008-07-22 07:41:58 »
You have to keep in mind that you get what you pay for with Xbox Live. I have no idea how Sony's operating its Playstation Network, but if they've kept their laissez-faire attitude about the whole thing from the PS2, then it must be the same nightmare from before. I have bad memories of horrible glitching and lag from the later months of Socom II, a damn good game I must say.

Xbox Live is around 5 or 6 dollars USD a month, or 50 dollars USD for 13 months (at least in the U.S.). Anyone who's played an MMORPG knows how beneficial the monthly fees are, as it goes towards system maintenance, rule enforcement, updates, patches, fixes, and server maintenance. Of course, not all games online are perfect on Live, and that really depends from Game to Game. Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 had some pretty horrendous lag issues on both consoles, possibly because Ubisoft left the users to host their own games.

On the whole though, I've never experienced the massive glitching that I did in Socom II or in quite a few PS2 games, and seeing as the structure of the PS Network doesn't seem to be at all different from the PS2 online system, I can only assume what kind of shady gaming is going on.

As for 360 exclusives going to the PC, that is true. But PS3 exclusives go to the 360 before they go to the PC.  :-P

It really depends though. If you just want to play offline mostly, or only plan on going online a few or so times (and can spare the money), the PS3 might be a good choice. If you plan on going online a lot though, a 360 is going to be the superior choice. Yes, it has a small fee, but it saves you too many headaches in the long run.

Also, one must be careful on giving technological superiority gamewise to the PS3. Yes, the PS3 consists of far superior hardware, but quite a few games are clocking better FPS on the 360 than the PS3. The greatest example of this is GTA4, which has been recorded going up to 30-31 FPS against the PS3 version's 25-26. Just some food for thought.
« Last Edit: 2008-07-22 07:49:23 by Bunnie-Maru »

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008-07-22 08:12:15 »
It is true that 360 versions of games tend to be slightly superior, even if they are ports of old games.
F.E.A.R anyone?
360 version = Perefction
PS3 Version = Lag Hell, on single player!

However, in my experience playing online on ps3, which is:
-Lego Star Wars
-Metal Gear Solid Online
-Resistence
-CoD4
-GH3
-F.E.A.R

And thus far, problems abound with F.E.A.R, and lag issues with GH3 if I'm playing with people in the States.  However, everything else is flawless.

There's nothing like that perfect headshot in CoD4. :-P

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008-07-22 20:46:19 »
Also, I'm still willing to bet money on Metal Gear Solid 4 eventually coming to the 360. Only after Christmas however. Sony can still push it to sell consoles, but it doesn't make any financial sense to keep the game on the PS3 forever, especially with its rather weak showing compared to other blockbusters that went multi-platform. MGS4 sold 774,600 units in the US, its biggest market, around 1 million when the bundles are counted in all of June.

Not first day. Not first week. It took them a month to tally up that number.

And this was a game to took 60 million USD to produce.

As for the size, they can't cut and compress things down without making any drastic difference in the look of the game like they're doing with FFXIII.

It just doesn't make financial sense to keep that game on the PS3.  :?

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008-07-23 08:32:55 »
Oh, imagine the game without all that ps3 advertising.....

JordieBo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008-07-23 17:06:42 »
FFXIII is coming to 360 so I expect if a FFVII remake WHERE to happen it would most probably come to 360 aswell.  :-D
I was given my 360 as a gift from a friend so I don't have a PS3 to say anything about it, but I can tell you the noise of the 360 drives me mad. Don't even think about watching a movie on it unless you want the sound of a hoover in the background. Other than that it's good.

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008-07-23 18:44:50 »
There both good, it just depends on whether you're willing to sacrafice fre online play over a slightly better service on Live.
At the end of the day, Live isn't much better than PS Online.

Games are irrelevent, because as everyone says, chances are, games will at some point go multi-platform and appear on both, including the vaunted MGS4: Guns of the Patriots, no matter how many discs it would take, it would be worth it for the profit to Konami.

hay

• If I had a buggy, I'd cross the southern desert
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008-07-25 13:57:53 »
1. Free PSN
2. Great multimedia capabilities(mp3, divx, dvd, upscaling, blu-ray) and other(linux, ps store, web, messaging). Yeah, I'm gadget whore.
3. Games of choice: MGS4, Uncharted, Folklore, GT5 etc. Yeah, it was my primary reason to buy PS3, games that interested me more.
4. PC USB hardware support.
5. Wireless Sixaxis with build in battery and motion sensing. It was fun in Folklore.