Author Topic: My complaints on FF7  (Read 4216 times)

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
My complaints on FF7
« on: 2008-10-01 11:21:38 »
Although FF7 wants nothing less than to sanctify its depravity, I want this post to speak a language of reconciliation, not retaliation. Let's start with my claim that I correctly predicted that it would keep a close eye on those who look like they might think an unapproved thought. Alas, I didn't think it'd do that so effectively -- or so soon. If FF7 wants to be taken seriously, it should counter the arguments in this post with facts, not illogical panaceas, personal anecdotes, or insults. FF7 is right about one thing, namely that fear is what motivates us. Fear of what it means when ophidian exhibitionists start wars, ruin the environment, invent diseases, and routinely do a hundred other things that kill people. Fear of what it says about our society when we teach our children that you and I are objects for FF7 to use then casually throw away and forget like old newsprint that's performed its duty catching bird droppings. And fear of disgusting tin-pot tyrants like FF7 who create an ideological climate that will enable it to identify political and religious groups that are its political enemies and re-label them as "self-absorbed stool pigeons" in order to justify operations against them.

FF7's tractates are a syncretism of insecure sexism and grotesque, contemptuous Bonapartism. So please permit me to appropriate and paraphrase something I once heard: "If the country were overrun by impertinent cozeners, we could expect to observe widespread discrimination in our daily lives -- stares from sales clerks, taxis that don't stop, and unwarranted license and registration checks by police." FF7 says that a knowledge of correct diction, even if unused, evinces a superiority that covers cowardice or stupidity. The inference is that FF7 has answers to everything. I'm happy to report that I can't follow that logic.

A central fault line runs through each of FF7's personal attacks. Specifically, if we foreground the cognitive and emotional palette of FF7's heinous, stingy machinations rather than their pathology we can enter vitally into its world. Why do we want to do that? Because I recently checked out one of FF7's recent tracts. Oh, look; it's again saying that it does the things it does "for the children". Raise your hand if you're surprised. Seriously, though, I cannot promise not to be angry at FF7. I do promise, however, to try to keep my anger under control, to keep it from leading me -- as it leads FF7 -- to introduce a zeitgeist of scapegoatism to our society.

Believe me, I certainly don't want to give FF7 a chance to force square pegs into round holes. For many reasons, too many and too complex to go into here at this time, I must say that if I recall correctly, FF7's claims are becoming increasingly illiberal. They have already begun to make a cause célèbre out of FF7's campaign to call for a return to that which wasn't particularly good in the first place. Now fast-forward a few years to a time in which they have enabled FF7 to seize control of the power structure. If you don't want such a time to come then help me evaluate the tactics FF7 has used against me. Help me help people see FF7's sullen hariolations for what they are.

FF7 always demands instant gratification. That's all that is of concern to it; nothing else matters -- except maybe to make bribery legal and part of business as usual. I tell you this because censorious hypochondriacs thrive on hatred rather than love. That's the sort of statement that some people claim is vindictive but which I believe is merely a statement of fact. And it's a statement that needs to be made because FF7 spouts a lot of numbers whenever it wants to make a point. It then subjectively interprets those numbers to support its tricks while ignoring the fact that those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Of course, if FF7 had learned anything from it's predecessors, it'd know that if it honestly believes that some of my points are not valid, I would love to get some specific feedback from it. Like a lion after tasting the blood of human victims, FF7 will destroy any resistance by channeling it into ineffective paths.

Any meaningful analysis of the situation must allow for the fact that FF7 is out to offer hatred with a pseudo-intellectual gloss. And when we play the game, we become accomplices. FF7's holier-than-thou attitudes are perpetuated by an ethos of continuous reform, the demand that one strive permanently and painfully for something that not only does not exist but is alien to the human condition. FF7's conjectures are based on a technique I'm sure you've heard of. It's called "lying".

I want to draw two important conclusions from this. The first is that avaricious unilateralism is not new, and the second is that it is more than a purely historical question to ask, "How did its reign of terror start?" or even the more urgent question, "How might it end?". No, we must ask, "Which of the seven deadly sins -- pride, envy, anger, sadness, avarice, gluttony, and lust -- does it not commit on a daily basis?" There aren't enough hours in the day to fully answer that question but consider this: I unequivocally hope you're not being misled by the "new FF7". Only its methods and tactics have changed. FF7's goal is still the same: to harm others or even instill the fear of harm. That's why I'm telling you that the tone of FF7's propositions is eerily reminiscent of that of inane scapegraces of the late 1940s in the sense that what really irks me is that FF7 has presented us with a Hobson's choice. Either we let it ridicule the accomplishments of generations of great men and women or it'll create a world sunk in the most abject superstition, fanaticism, and ignorance.

While disruptive suborners of perjury claim to defend traditional values, they actually leave helpless citizens afraid in the streets, in their jobs, and even in their homes. In purely political terms, FF7's claim that the media should "create" news rather than report it is factually unsupported and politically motivated. However much FF7 may deny it, if it is incapable of discerning the mad ramblings of complacent doofuses from the wisdom and nuance embedded in a sage's discourse then I seriously doubt that it'll be capable of determining that when it hears anyone say that any correspondence between what it says and the truth is purely coincidental, its answer is to bring discord, confusion, and frustration into our personal and public lives. That's similar to taking a few drunken swings at a beehive: it just makes me want even more to exemplify the principles of honor, duty, loyalty, and courage. FF7 decries or dismisses capitalism, technology, industrialization, and systems of government borne of Enlightenment ideas about the dignity and freedom of human beings. These are the things that it fears because they are wedded to individual initiative and responsibility.

Whatever should be true of statutory and often ephemeral enactments in human jurisprudence, the fact remains that there is undoubtedly a judgmental dimension to FF7's ideologies. Or, if "judgmental" is too narrow of a term, perhaps you'd prefer "peevish". In any case, when a friend wants to drive inebriated, you try to stop him. Well, FF7 is drunk with power, which is why we must reveal the constant tension between centripetal and centrifugal forces of dialogized heteroglossia resulting from its belief systems. More concretely, FF7 makes a lot of exaggerated claims. All of these claims need to be scrutinized as carefully as a letter of recommendation from a job applicant's mother. Consider, for example, FF7's claim that we're supposed to shut up and smile when it says demented things. The fact of the matter is that if I had to choose the most hideous specimen from its welter of shambolic gabble, it would have to be its claim that the sky is falling.

If tribalism were an Olympic sport, FF7 would clinch the gold medal. The underlying message is that FF7 has allowed itself to become a spokesman for the same point of view shared by craven busybodies, dysfunctional carousers, and pestiferous grafters while masquerading as an outspoken radical bucking the system. As FF7 matures morally it'll eventually grow out of its present way of thinking and come to realize that there's an important difference between me and FF7. Namely, I am willing to die for my cause. FF7, in contrast, is willing to kill for its -- or, if not to kill, at least to throw us into a "heads I win, tails you lose" situation. Now that I've told you what I think, let me end this letter by stating that I fully intend to bring a fresh perspective and new ideas to the current debate. Let FF7 tremble. And though the heavens fall, let there be justice.

http://www.pakin.org/complaint/

BaleFire

• View Profile
Re: My complaints on FF7
« Reply #1 on: 2008-10-01 16:57:53 »
At first I thought this was serious, and I was like "wha...?"

Then I saw the linky.

This is pure, unadulterated genius.

Seriously. GENIUS.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-10-01 17:53:12 »
 :-D

Brilliant.

EDIT (my first post was a little OT):

I have just uncovered some of the writings of AVALANCHE before they resorted to violence against Shinra. It seems that they started off as a political pressure group writing angry letters to the editor about them:

While there are probably a lot of people out there who would be quite content never to read another letter about Shinra, Shinra's bons mots don't amount to anything. Although my approach may appear a bit pedantic, by setting some generative point of view against a structural-taxonomical point of view or vice versa, I intend to argue that pride and solidarity prepare individuals to become partners in an alliance against bitter revisionism. That's just a fancy way of saying that Shinra's handling of the situation has not been a comedy of errors, but a tragedy of errors. For proof of this fact I must point out that Shinra accuses me of being a liar. The only proven liar around here, however, is Shinra. Only a die-hard liar like Shinra could claim that Maoism is a wonderful thing. The truth, in case you haven't already figured it out, is that its perceptions are destructive. They're morally destructive, socially destructive -- even intellectually destructive. And, as if that weren't enough, some people believe that one day its torchbearers will take a strong position on its policies, which, after all, create an ideological climate that will enable it to court an impulsive minority of self-centered recidivists (especially the domineering type) . Such people are doomed to disappointment, especially when one considers that the poisonous wine of pharisaism had been distilled long before Shinra entered the scene. Shinra is merely the agent decanting the poisonous fluid from its bottle into the jug that is world humanity.

Shinra, get a life! We can say that the cardinal rule of Shinra's conjectures is that amoral mysticism is the only thing that matters, and Shinra can claim the opposite, and it won't make one bit of difference. Everybody loves a good game of hide-and-seek: find the person, find the hidden item, or, in Shinra's case, find the hidden agenda. This is a very real and serious concern. And I can say that with a clear conscience because Shinra is reluctant to resolve problems. It always just looks the other way and hopes no one will notice that if I want to burst into tears, that should be my prerogative. I don't need it forcing me to. Finally, this has been a good deal of reading, and indeed difficult reading at that. Still, I hope you walk away from it with the new knowledge that Shinra is as untrustworthy as it is jealous.

« Last Edit: 2008-10-03 14:50:30 by Leighos Kudistos Megistos »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #3 on: 2008-10-02 10:36:46 »
He he. That was hilarious Leigh!

So I didn't manage to fool anyone huh?

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-10-02 13:22:38 »
I had exactly the same reaction as BaleFire. For a few seconds I thought that you had gone mad, but then I saw your link.

Landarma

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-10-03 01:30:09 »
Ah.... what? 
*Saw the link* Oh, I see.   :lol:
Still it's brilliant.