Author Topic: Who here loves their Dreamcast?!  (Read 4285 times)

Midgar

• View Profile
Who here loves their Dreamcast?!
« on: 2009-02-27 19:34:53 »
I've had one for about 5 years and I loved it until it died. Its a shame that a game console with such a high good-bad game ratio was ended so soon. Its like condensing a PS2 game collection, but enough from me, how do you like it?
I enjoyed old school shooters on it, it had such a nice anti aliasing chip on it. Since then I have been playing the 360, but aside from the great controller, theres really not much to play except Halo 3 IMO.

What was your experience with this fantastic piece of technology?

Tsetra

• View Profile
Re: Who here loves their Dreamcast?!
« Reply #1 on: 2009-03-02 23:28:44 »
Awesome device controlled by a foolish company. I loved the Dreamcast. It was the first system that really made an impact in console emulation and I know I burnt a ton of CDs so I could play emulators and whatnot on there. I remember playing FF7 on there even using Bleemcast. Fun stuff. Soul Calibur took half my life away though, so much that even today, I can play the original and still smash pretty much anyone even being years out of practice. After having played all the titles, I still find the original (barring Soul Edge) to play the fastest - think the difference between Street Fighter II and Marvel vs. Capcom.
Bar none it had the most innovative titles. For the longest time I hated the PS2 (even though I owned one as well) solely because of it's fanboys who wouldn't even give the Dreamcast a chance. ESPECIALLY after it died and they'd play it and be like "Hey this is kinda cool!"  :roll:

The Dreamcast also gains the most improvement out of any 3D system when played on a PC emulator, hands down. NullDC + ENB Series + Soul Calibur = epic win.

We can all thank Sega for being morons and letting such a cool thing die out.

mikeyDOOM1988

« Reply #2 on: 2009-03-03 18:34:57 »
Is there a good Dreamcast emulator out there? I feel like pulling out the old games and seeing if they still work, I know my dreamcast sure as heck dont. That things been to hell and back.  :-P

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-03-05 06:27:42 »
Chankast was an old emu that worked well.

I had to borrow someones DC but the chance to play Resident Evil: Code veronica was too great, shame I didn't get to play Shenmui much.

Trenholm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-03-27 04:44:57 »
Love my DC.  Also love the fact that there's no copy protection =P

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-03-27 12:10:44 »
I love my Dreamcast
i will put it like this
ps2