Author Topic: FF VII unable to exit itself  (Read 3159 times)

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
FF VII unable to exit itself
« on: 2010-01-12 08:17:44 »
I don't quite know how to explain this, but I'll do the best I can.  Starting tonight, the game is no longer to end it's own process from the task manager.  It started when I began to mix and match FF7Music tutorials until I got one that worked for me.  This has implications as I have to use the task manager if I wish to start the game a second time, without restarting my computer.  Or if I forget to insert the disc (or in my case, as I'm using a netbook, mount my (LEGAL) disc image).  I've tried reinstalling to no avail, this behavior persists.  This isn't a major issue, but is quite annoying, especially since I use Aali's custom driver, and when I use Ctrl+Q to quit the game, it leaves me in 640x480 unless I enter the task manager and manually end the process.

EDIT:  I used a system restore point I made about 12 hours ago.  Now everything is back to normal, I think tomorrow I'm going to create another restore point, and try again and see if the same thing happens
« Last Edit: 2010-01-12 09:13:32 by cactusjack901 »

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Re: FF VII unable to exit itself
« Reply #1 on: 2010-01-12 12:53:05 »
If you can, see what it is that changes. This happens on my desktop and I haven't been able to explain it.

Cupcake

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-01-13 00:33:42 »
Well... I just tried everything again, got FF7Music set up, FF7 exits properly, All is well.

I've also noticed a few little hints that most tutorials leave out for FF7Music, so I may write yet another tutorial for FF7Music, with my personal ff7music.ini

Zack

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-01-15 09:59:38 »
This occurs in Windows XP when you run FF7.exe in compatibility mode.

Cupcake

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-01-15 20:41:30 »
This occurs in Windows XP when you run FF7.exe in compatibility mode.

odd... especially considering I didn't have it in compatibility mode, never have, probably never will