Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Field Editor - Makou Reactor (2.0.0)  (Read 465937 times)

Axel Firestorm

• View Profile
Re: [PSX/PC] Field Editor - Makou Reactor (1.8.4)
« Reply #875 on: 2021-07-14 19:40:26 »
Hi again, myst6re. I did get the music working, thanks! I've been wanting to add a new field, but when I go to Import to Current Map after adding a new blank field and selecting it, I get an error message that says "Malformed LZS Header." This comes up even with an exported existing field that I was trying to re-import as a test.

myst6re

• Light King of the Savegame - Field Master - FF8.fr
    • View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #876 on: 2021-07-17 06:52:16 »
Associated issue here to follow the advancement of this bug: https://github.com/myst6re/makoureactor/issues/117

Axel Firestorm

• View Profile
« Reply #877 on: 2021-07-17 14:52:46 »
Thanks, that helped clear things up a bit. But how do you do the LZS compression so it imports correctly?

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
Re: [PSX/PC] Field Editor - Makou Reactor (1.8.5)
« Reply #878 on: 2021-08-30 16:42:49 »
New version available with a lot of bug fixes:

https://github.com/myst6re/makoureactor/releases/tag/1.8.5

Changelog
  • Add ability to edit model size and light in PS version (#118)
  • Add new unofficial opcode (#79)
  • Add options to set {CHOICE} and tabulation width in text preview (#56)
  • Add left padding editor in window.bin editor (#91)
  • Add a tip about a division or modulo by 0
  • Change file extension of an export of uncompressed map to ".dec"
  • Change max editable exec priority to 6 instead of 7, and add a note what it means (#63)
  • Prevent edition of letter width and letter left padding if not available for the current letter in window.bin editor
  • Remove strict LZS format checking option
  • Fix replace all texts feature, and add a message about how many texts were replaced (#114)
  • Fix compression error on import (#117)
  • Fix window.bin texture transparency
  • Fix window.bin compression format to be closer to the original compression (#112)
  • Fix multiple inconsistencies in field map format (#116)
  • Fix potential crash on creating or saving a field map
  • Fix Save As feature for files outside an archive (like a DAT file opened alone for example)
  • Trying to minimize bad texture loading on opening a DAT file alone with a BSX file
  • Fix potential memory leak on field model loading for PS version
  • Fix search for bit test operations (#75)
  • Fix potential memory leak/crashes on copying Group Scripts
  • Fix typo "Modulas" instead of "Modulo"
« Last Edit: 2021-08-30 16:46:21 by myst6re »

cloudiar

• View Profile
« Reply #879 on: 2021-08-30 16:58:37 »
Congratulations Myst6re! This version 1.8.5 have fixes a lot and new functions, I will work and coment if have problems  :-\

mr.me

• View Profile
« Reply #880 on: 2021-09-02 23:05:00 »
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here, but it's probably something simple I'm missing. I can't get adding a new "field model" group to work. I can add the group, or even copy an existing group, but it crashes with an unknown exception when reaching the field with the new group. Other types of groups seem to work fine, it's just field models that crash the game. I'm using Makou Reactor 1.8.5, on the Steam version of the game. If anyone can help me out here, that would be awesome. This is driving me kinda crazy.

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #881 on: 2021-09-03 08:26:12 »
When you want to add a new model to a map, you need to both add a group script and a model in the Field Models window

Kutsufatmo

• View Profile
« Reply #882 on: 2021-09-06 06:37:25 »
Myst, this is a great tool. I'm liking the ease of use for the text edits I've been wanting to make to the dialogue of the game.

However, I'm wondering if I wanted to eventually make my edits into a 7th Heaven IRO file, how would I go about exporting the individual changes so that it works in a modular fashion like most 7H mods? I imagine you can't just slap your entire flevel.lgp file into an IRO and 7H will know what to pull from it and what not to so that it doesn't conflict with other mods.

I noticed that other mods like New Threat have exported their flevel changes as "chunk" files that get injected back into the LGP, but I don't know how I can replicate this with Makou Reactor.

Also can you edit battle text with Makou? I'm trying to fix the translation error in the first scorpion boss fight but don't know where to find it...
« Last Edit: 2021-09-06 19:26:43 by Kutsufatmo »

Pure_Mind_Games

• View Profile
« Reply #883 on: 2021-10-05 05:31:05 »
I might be misremembering but I could have sworn that when adding an item to the inventory you could use a drop down menu instead of putting in the number, that or there was somewhere to find what number was what item.

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #884 on: 2021-10-05 07:41:55 »
Myst, this is a great tool. I'm liking the ease of use for the text edits I've been wanting to make to the dialogue of the game.

Thanks!

However, I'm wondering if I wanted to eventually make my edits into a 7th Heaven IRO file, how would I go about exporting the individual changes so that it works in a modular fashion like most 7H mods? I imagine you can't just slap your entire flevel.lgp file into an IRO and 7H will know what to pull from it and what not to so that it doesn't conflict with other mods.

I noticed that other mods like New Threat have exported their flevel changes as "chunk" files that get injected back into the LGP, but I don't know how I can replicate this with Makou Reactor.

Please contact the 7th Heaven team and the New Threat team about that, I guess they have a tool to do it.

Also can you edit battle text with Makou? I'm trying to fix the translation error in the first scorpion boss fight but don't know where to find it...

No that's not planed to edit battle module with Makou yet. About battle texts, you can find them into the scene.bin file :)

I might be misremembering but I could have sworn that when adding an item to the inventory you could use a drop down menu instead of putting in the number, that or there was somewhere to find what number was what item.

Yeah I think I can do that, I open an issue on GitHub about that

cloudiar

• View Profile
« Reply #885 on: 2021-11-26 14:05:14 »
I have some reports:

-When you add / edit code it may "crash" when pasting new code (this was already happening), especially if you edit the various field id

-Sometimes when editing while browsing the fields, one of them comes out without a background with an "error" message (its also was already happening).

-New IDs (from 787) do not save identification ID

Unknown ID comes out, it is a problem because it Iseparates all the fields independently (pc compressed) but the new fields will not work, nor are they indexed.

I have already worked more to unify my content in flevel.lgp, this will work, but it is not the best option.

I hope this report helps, I congratulate you again for your work, if I find new problems I will inform you, if you fix any of these problems let me know!

A hug friend !!!

javisanchez1234567

• View Profile
« Reply #886 on: 2022-02-02 14:29:27 »
Solved.
« Last Edit: 2022-02-03 07:35:22 by javisanchez1234567 »

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: 2022-02-14 13:39:24 »

Taking a little pride in my first modification in a long time thanks to this tool. First time for me doing a field edit. Did characters, texts, even FMV edits but was scared of field edits. Although by accident I used my 7th heaven copy of FF7 for tinkering rather than the steam files.

Also just wondering what I might be doing wrong where the save object is not coming with its' flame effect?
« Last Edit: 2022-02-14 13:45:10 by Furzball »

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #888 on: 2022-02-14 15:11:10 »
Maybe it is positionned under the ground?

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: 2022-02-15 07:27:13 »
Maybe it is positionned under the ground?

Ok, I need glasses apparently.

What I figured out

First I tried your suggestion, It just raised the question point of the save mark up in the air. So I reset what I did by copying flevel out of the steam default file. Went back and saw that the flame on the savepoint was very faint anyways. So I moved it again and I saw this time that it was there. Checked the original pic and noticed slight discoloration that looks like its there as well. Default steam game even has the flames as very faint for some reason so it wasn't 7th heaven or any mods that were causing the flames to be faint. I'll probably work with a different save location from now on. Just so I can see everything up close when I try experimenting on other things. Probably the Midgar tutorial room. Thank you for the suggestion but it was me being blind lol.

Edit:

Did experiments and moved savepoint. Save Point turned into Hard Hat man cause I had deleted all other model groups aside from cloud/party and one listed save. Tried adding Yuffie to the end of the list of NPCs and added her model to the map. But ended up in an odd position. When I talk to the materia it says what I copy pasted for it. Yuffies model obviously shifted what models show up where since I on accident spawned her in the middle of the list. I had to reset flevel when I tried to delete her model and put Nanaki in it's place. Which is where I'm at right now. Hoping that making sure to add a new model at the end of the model list will give better results.

Whew! That was the problem with the model. Added small script to give all Materia and it worked. I didn't set any stop to it though so anytime you walk up to her you get another (whoops). But feeling good that I can mess with on screen NPCs. Not sure what to do next, probably go somewhere to see if I can mess with walk mesh. Maybe add a climbable vine to the cave in the ancient city and see about adding a new area.

Edit: and some hours later I'm fiddling with placing a ladder on the coral valley vine going up to the walkmesh in front of the cave. I feel like I almost have it but coordinates are off slightly. Plus at this point I have distractions at work (half my shift is easy with no one bugging me but the other half...) and I've been trying to figure this out for hours with my only breaks going towards my job. So I'll see if I can get it to work tomorrow.

Edit: Apparently ladders are complicated lol. I'll go look at some other ideas and come back to it.

Edit"
https://youtu.be/3gL7jyiUy5E

MWAHAHA! HA!HAHAHA!HAAAA! Ok it was a donkey and a half but I finally got the vine to work. It was seriously just rolling numbers and copy pasting ladder from bone village until I got it to work.
« Last Edit: 2022-02-16 13:41:47 by Furzball »

cloudiar

• View Profile
« Reply #890 on: 2022-08-16 12:18:05 »
First, congratulate you again for making the best utility of FF7, although being synchro I still long for the stability of versions 1.6.X, again I have delays and serious problems due to instabilities, I leave my conclusions after months of long work (in the last version 1.8.5):

- After using makou it can break randomly (I've tested it on two different computers), usually when moving code/editing modules/, but it can happen almost in any action when there is such a problem

- Even if you edit a single field (instead of flevel.lgp), the instability seems almost the same, it can crash in the same way, I don't think the instability is due to running full flevel

- Mathematics/binary operation/Mod putting it with assignment of two variables (example [5][0] = [5][0] mod [5][1] variable, it will crash directly when executed, this gives me important problems, preventing me from doing things as random assigned from a variable, without this flexibility is lost and the code will increase, in my current work it is a problem because I am running out of field space

- Finally, a crashed field was generated that has an unidentified ID in flevel.lgp, I don't know if it will cause more problems, but it is not the time to migrate to a new flevel yet

If you need any more information or files, let me know, otherwise you already know that your program is exceptional, the new buttons/functions are appreciated, but it is somewhat hampered by instability problems

Probably my time with Makou Reactor is nearing the end, so you should consider some improvements, not for me anymore, really for others, in the future many more people will use this, here are some suggestions:

- Individual text export/import (without code), in my case I can't publish my work in english because of this, and I don't know any alternatives

- Individualized variable manager, that you can save names in independent ID, again I repeat that it would not help me much anymore, but it will help others in the future, it is very easy to mix and lose data because the VAR is general for everyone, in my case is an odyssey because some fields use more than 50% of the variables for minigames or custom modules

Finder that allows to identify and eliminate "unlinked code" (by script), this can be complicated I suppose, but it would be very useful

Good luck with the work, if you need any file or additional information I will be there, I hope everything goes well for you and thanks again, especially for Makou Reactor

MarcP

« Reply #891 on: 2023-02-12 16:13:42 »
Hey everyone !
So maybe I'm missing something but once you've downloaded a background in .png for example, is it actually possible to then replace it with a new version of it I would have made in Photoshop ?
I see an "import to current map" option but I don't know anything about PS/PC field map files ^^

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #892 on: 2023-03-13 21:42:50 »
(answered to MarcP in PM)

After 16 months of work, a new major version for Makou Reactor is now available!
Download here

The biggest addition is the background editor, but lots of changes are hidden inside

markul

• View Profile
Re: [PSX/PC] Field Editor - Makou Reactor (2.0.0)
« Reply #893 on: 2023-03-14 19:16:22 »
Its very interesting the new background editor. Now i see why the background of the  "lastmap" field is broken .I cant wait to start to experiment with this  :P .

Thanks a lot for the update  ,this adds new possibilities  for the modders :D

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #894 on: 2023-03-15 02:59:34 »
Makou Reactor is now also now on flathub

pating

• View Profile
« Reply #895 on: 2023-03-18 06:51:59 »
What does 0xc0000005 in makou reactor 2.0 mean? I can't run the software...

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #896 on: 2023-03-18 10:04:25 »
Maybe you need to redownload it

strife99

• View Profile
« Reply #897 on: 2023-03-23 16:53:04 »
Is there a tutorial out there on how to use this program? I scoured youtube but couldn't find anything. Currently it doesn't even load up even though i've installed it.

pating

• View Profile
« Reply #898 on: 2023-04-04 12:19:27 »
Where I can find .vsconfig?

Thestrifeisrife

• View Profile
    • Shinra Archaeology
« Reply #899 on: 2023-04-07 22:55:13 »
I've noticed when editing variables in 2.0.0, every time you open them they reset to the default value rather than retaining their current value. That didn't happen before.

Also, just a suggestion for a future update, the color picker on the background editor could use a text-entry area for entering specific Hex codes for colors.