Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Save editor - Hyne (1.11.2)  (Read 548199 times)

SynthericPanda

Re: [1.6] Hyne - My ff8 save file editor
« Reply #100 on: 2012-02-26 05:01:56 »
I love this program. I love this program. I'm new to the forums here, I've just kind of been stalking as a Guest for a while, and I finally got the nerve to sign up. Myst. You're a genius. I love Hyne <333

myst6re

• Light King of the Savegame - Field Master - FF8.fr
    • View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #101 on: 2012-02-26 11:35:52 »
Thank you :)

SynthericPanda

« Reply #102 on: 2012-02-26 17:56:57 »
You are very welcome, of course. I was playing using the program today, and I was wondering something. One thing I've always wanted, is to have like, the perfect Junctions.

My question is, I notice you have about 75% of the savemap... What are the possibilities you can add more stuff to the stats to edit. Meaning this, I want 100% ST-J Defense, and what I have junctioned right now is: Holy Reflect Esuna Dispel. Everything is around 45-80ish percent. What do you think the chances of you being able to implement an option to make all of ST-J abilities to be 100%?

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #103 on: 2012-02-26 18:34:39 »
My question is, I notice you have about 75% of the savemap... What are the possibilities you can add more stuff to the stats to edit. Meaning this, I want 100% ST-J Defense, and what I have junctioned right now is: Holy Reflect Esuna Dispel. Everything is around 45-80ish percent. What do you think the chances of you being able to implement an option to make all of ST-J abilities to be 100%?

You can't make all to be 100%, not with Hyne, the only thing you can do is put Holy twice but it's not safe.

SynthericPanda

« Reply #104 on: 2012-02-27 03:02:27 »
That's what I was thinking. I didn't think putting the same twice. I figured it would be dangerous. Thank you for confirming! =D! Do you know how I could make them all 100%? Since you said Hyne can't do it, do you know of another program that can?

Dili

« Reply #105 on: 2012-03-26 01:31:02 »
hi myst6re!

this is an awesome save editor! thanks for all your hard work :)

i have a question: how does the Field section work? i tried changing the Game Moment on one of my existing saves but when i loaded the save my game progress didn't change :(

FYI, i'm using the US version and am playing via POPS on my PSP (CFW 5.50 Prome-3)

any help would be appreciated!

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #106 on: 2012-03-26 21:16:48 »
In fact the game moment does not affect your game progression, but just one variable used by the game to know when you are in the story.

Dili

« Reply #107 on: 2012-03-26 23:16:08 »
In fact the game moment does not affect your game progression, but just one variable used by the game to know when you are in the story.

thanks for your quick reply!

i see you have some field work in your TODO section. do you plan on supporting true game progression in the near future?

also, do you know which offsets correspond to the other variables used for game progression or are they part of the 25% unmapped portion?

thanks again! :D

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #108 on: 2012-03-27 11:33:09 »
thanks for your quick reply!

i see you have some field work in your TODO section. do you plan on supporting true game progression in the near future?

also, do you know which offsets correspond to the other variables used for game progression or are they part of the 25% unmapped portion?

thanks again! :D

They are part of the 25% unmapped portion indeed, but with my field script editor, I could understand all other variables. The real problem is that there are many, and make a clear and usable editor would be really difficult.

zelph

« Reply #109 on: 2012-03-30 20:43:22 »
is there any way to edit psv files and not get the corrupted files when you put them pack in your ps3?

Belfuras

« Reply #110 on: 2012-03-31 15:24:43 »
Hey, is there a way to edit normal PS1 files? Cuz i see no way to get my save files from the memory card to the pc :x.
I still have the old PS1.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #111 on: 2012-03-31 19:14:52 »
Hey, is there a way to edit normal PS1 files? Cuz i see no way to get my save files from the memory card to the pc :x.
I still have the old PS1.

Do you have a Gameshark Pro or Action Replay or other device that plugs into your PS1?  If so, you can find ways to transfer memory files.  If not, you'd have to purchase one of these devices. 

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2012-04-01 12:58:51 »
If you have a PS2, you could plug your memory card in it then transfer the data this way. How to do it is explained in the FFX tool thread. Search the Tools forum and you'll find it. Sorry I can't link to it, I'm writing from my PS3.

saalakutha

« Reply #113 on: 2012-05-03 15:42:45 »
I'm not sure if I will get a reply because this thread is old but, is it possible to teach Seifer Squall's limit break?  I would much rather use Renzokuken than No Mercy because well... Seifer's limit break is weak.  Thanks.

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #114 on: 2012-05-03 15:44:43 »
I'm not sure if I will get a reply because this thread is old but, is it possible to teach Seifer Squall's limit break?  I would much rather use Renzokuken than No Mercy because well... Seifer's limit break is weak.  Thanks.

Not with a save editor.

saalakutha

« Reply #115 on: 2012-05-03 15:46:37 »
Not with a save editor.
Ok thanks, is there any other possible way to do it?  I've been looking for gameshark codes but there aren't any.  I also find it funny how when you have Seifer use "Lion Heart" it turns into a machine gun.  With the save editor.

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #116 on: 2012-05-04 11:38:13 »
Ok thanks, is there any other possible way to do it?  I've been looking for gameshark codes but there aren't any.

Maybe you could edit the kernel.bin... I don't know.

MrTryfe

« Reply #117 on: 2012-05-08 18:02:08 »
Hi, I'm rather new to using save editors, and this is the first one I have used. It is fantastic, and very easy to use.

My question is: Is there any way to modify your player location? Like for instance, I'm currently in Esthar, and there is no way out. I want to go back and do a couple of things, mainly get the Tonberry GF.

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #118 on: 2012-05-08 18:04:48 »
My question is: Is there any way to modify your player location? Like for instance, I'm currently in Esthar, and there is no way out. I want to go back and do a couple of things, mainly get the Tonberry GF.

Yes there is, but it's not easy to do. Otherwise you can get Tonberry later.

Pascual

« Reply #119 on: 2012-05-09 22:12:44 »
@myst6re I have another question, if I download a psx emulator, play ff8 on that emulator, if I save the files, would the file types of the saved files be the same as the saved files of the psx?

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #120 on: 2012-05-09 22:24:43 »
A save file = a memory card. Often the save file data from an emulator is exactly the same format than bytes in your memory card.
This is true for the following format: *.mcr, *.ddf, *.mc, *.mcd, *.mci, *.psm, *.vm1
Sometimes there is just a header at the beginning (for example, the GME format contains an user description).

shenfier

« Reply #121 on: 2012-05-22 19:45:58 »
Hey I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I've been playing FF8 on my PSP for a while and I wanted to use your program to get a few things I can't get (stuff from the pocketstation specifically, and I was having trouble getting marlboro tentacles) but the PSP won't read the save. Is there a way to use a modded save on my PSP (which is not modded in any way so I can't use any homebrew...)

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #122 on: 2012-05-22 20:32:58 »
Hey I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I've been playing FF8 on my PSP for a while and I wanted to use your program to get a few things I can't get (stuff from the pocketstation specifically, and I was having trouble getting marlboro tentacles) but the PSP won't read the save. Is there a way to use a modded save on my PSP (which is not modded in any way so I can't use any homebrew...)

Read the wiki, there is no other way for now.

shenfier

« Reply #123 on: 2012-05-22 21:50:37 »
That's what I figured. Oh well I got the tentacles finally I guess I just gotta deal without mog. Do you know if there's a tool to transfer save files from a PS1 memory card to PS3? I have the PS1 gameshark so I can get stuff that way...

DarkRaukon

« Reply #124 on: 2012-06-15 12:47:04 »
Hi! Haven't fully tested Hyne yet but I love what it does.

My question is: The "Bonus" section in the Character tab, do those have the same effect as the GF character abilites such as 'Mag Bonus, Str bonus' and so on? Like if I put 1 point in Hp bonus under Squall in the Character tab he will gain an extra point of HP each time he level up?