Author Topic: Final Fantasy VIII Custom Driver now for german game version?  (Read 3060 times)

d33eniz

• I am watching for you... but I can't find you...
    • View Profile
    • United ODC Corporation
Final Fantasy VIII Custom Driver now for german game version?

Well the title says it- I sent Aali a long time ago the files he said that he will need to make the Custom Driver compatible with the german version of FF8.

So, is the the newest version 0.7.9b compatible or not?

obesebear

• View Profile
Well you could try it.   That's usually a sure fire way to find out.

d33eniz

• View Profile
    • United ODC Corporation
Well, okay, I don't have FF8 on the PC but I'm sharing Aali's Custom driver on the german Final Fantasy forums- and I wanted to updated the FAQ there- but I should know if it will work or not :]

Btw, I'm sorry that I opened the thread in the Projects forum- why the hell did I do that o.รด Well, thanks anyway my bear x)

Kranmer

• View Profile
I just tried the german EXE (1.02 geforce and none geforce)with Aali's Driver 0.7.9b and i got this error

So i would guess it is not supported yet.

EDIT---------
Also Aali mention's about support for other languages
I'm aware of those issues and a whole bunch of other ones.. They're difficult to figure out and solve without causing other issues and there are other things that are perhaps more important to fix in FF8. FF8 in general is less "friendly" to the driver, not exposing alot of would-be useful information and using some fancy tricks that were never used in FF7.
I did take the time to implement support for other languages though, it will be in the next release, with any luck all 6 languages, nvidia and non-nvidia versions will work. Not that it matters whether you have the nvidia patch or not, the driver cancels it out anyway but I started supporting both versions so now there's no point in cutting support for one of them.
« Last Edit: 2010-11-03 22:51:55 by kranmer »

d33eniz

• View Profile
    • United ODC Corporation
Okay, thanks kranmer :]