Author Topic: How To Play Final Fantasy VII On Win Vista/XP  (Read 31771 times)

d33eniz

• I am watching for you... but I can't find you...
    • View Profile
    • United ODC Corporation
How To Play Final Fantasy VII On Win Vista/XP
« on: 2008-08-29 01:19:34 »
Hey everyone!

I know, I am a big Newbie here- but I could be very useful 4 you :D

I figured out HOW to RUN FINAL FANTASY VII on Windows VISTA or XP with NO Problems! Ok, there are the famous Cosmo Canyon bug and other one's- but with my guide you can play FF7 very well!

Just look @ my YouTube Video:

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=RiCe5JXVsiw

So, sorry for my bad English  :-o

I hope I can help anyone here ;)

See ya,

Deniz

Tyler_Wu

• View Profile
Re: How To Play Final Fantasy VII On Win Vista/XP
« Reply #1 on: 2008-08-30 06:03:38 »
problems with vista? ive never had any problems and i didnt install anything other than what came on this discs at first.   eventually i added some things like the phoenix patch and whatever.

JordieBo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-08-30 17:01:27 »
problems with vista? ive never had any problems and i didnt install anything other than what came on this discs at first.   eventually i added some things like the phoenix patch and whatever.

Let me shine some light on the subject.
Pretty much. With Vista, different people have different outcomes. For me it took me ages for FF7 to even start. It would flash and then turn off. Now when I play it I have the black screen after intro problem.
Now, for you, you have had no problems. Theres no guarantee that it will definitely work for everyones Vista, majority can't even play it, majority can't do a lot of things. Now future posters, if you can please don't come posting to me saying
"It works for me, you don't know what you are saying!"  :oops:
Because sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't! Just think of yourself as "Special"
Anyhow, nice guide. I'm sure this will help a lot of people. But like I say, some people may be able to play FF7 because of this guide, when a few people might find it useless!

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-08-30 19:41:11 »
Just think of yourself as "Special"

I'm special.

JordieBo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-08-30 21:36:09 »
I'm kinda special.   :wink:
Ah, as i type this i just dropped a needle in my keyboard and it slowly sunk in!  :-(
What do I do?

lil_mike610

« Reply #5 on: 2008-09-02 05:21:42 »
ok i after i download and install everything,it says insert one of the three disc.does that mean i'm suppose to burn the discs to an actual cd and put it in the disc drive?im new and i thought i would just be able to play after i downloaded the game and installed everything.someone please help

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #6 on: 2008-09-02 05:58:06 »
ok i after i download and install everything,it says insert one of the three disc.does that mean i'm suppose to burn the discs to an actual cd and put it in the disc drive?im new and i thought i would just be able to play after i downloaded the game and installed everything.someone please help
No, of course you don't have to burn the CDs, you just have to figure it out by yourself :) Oh, whatever. Here, a thread that might help you: link. Good luck!

Archu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008-09-02 09:07:27 »
I didn't really had much problems installing and running FF7 on Vista Home Premium. Just a few problems occured with the fmv's because the characters didn't MOVE where the cutscene ordered them to do so. Now i got it fixed.. but now the new problem is the Surrogate error  :x

Aaaand, i can't get FF7Music to work either  :lol:

Rufus95

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008-09-12 17:53:00 »
i realy had know problem but this could help other people who just can't get it to work

AlanT

« Reply #9 on: 2008-09-15 23:29:11 »

I got this when I played the game back in 1997 on my crappy PC with Windows 95, and now I'm getting it again on my fantastic XPS with Vista. Help? I ran the 1280x960 patch and the HD characters patch, and a couple others as I was instructed.

JordieBo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008-09-17 09:58:17 »

I got this when I played the game back in 1997 on my crappy PC with Windows 95, and now I'm getting it again on my fantastic XPS with Vista. Help? I ran the 1280x960 patch and the HD characters patch, and a couple others as I was instructed.

Try this.
  • Go into Final Fantasy VII Configuration
  • Go on the Graphics tab
  • Under the display resolutions there should be a tick box labeled NVIDIA. If it is ticked untick it, if it isn't ticked, tick it
  • Test it again. If that didn't work then tick the box and change the ballpoint circles next to NVIDIA around. e.g. Instead of RIVA 128 click TNT or vice versa

AlanT

« Reply #11 on: 2008-09-17 16:47:34 »
No effect whatsoever =/.

I didn't finish playing this game back in the 20th century cuz it got too hard to figure out what was going on, and I was all excited to finally be able to see the game now that I have a fancy shmancy new computer. Now it sucks just like before. GR.

AlanT

« Reply #12 on: 2008-09-22 21:35:00 »
Bump for help?

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #13 on: 2008-09-22 21:47:51 »
Are you sure that you're using the 1.02 patch? Because it's required to apply the HiRes, and from the screenshot I can tell that you haven't installed it (properly). Get the 1.02 and tick the TNT in the config program (I don't know of any modern GPU which would fail to render the scene when using TNT mode, but would work fine on Riva mode).

AlanT

« Reply #14 on: 2008-09-29 19:19:59 »
1.02 Patch itself worked. Didn't touch anything, just replaced ff7.exe and ff7config.exe, all better. Thanks, yo.

vinardo888

« Reply #15 on: 2008-10-29 03:59:14 »
This happened with me when I first installed the npc replacement patch. For some reason the quarter screen option was selected on the config. Since the high resolution patch alters it, you get full screen but with that rubbish. Oh and if you replaced the exes then you "despatched" the game, meaning its no more with the high resolution.

BlackBeltBeauty

« Reply #16 on: 2008-11-24 09:51:06 »
hi, i just installed and i can't figure anything out... ha ha. do i need a PC playstation controller to play?? if i do, that sucks cuz i dont have one...

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008-11-25 11:24:35 »
That should be blatantly obvious!

If you go into config you might see why and if you can't get there, press random keys ion the board would have told you.

yes the game uses both keys and joypad like all pc games.
« Last Edit: 2008-11-26 15:04:38 by Seifer Almasy »

d33eniz

• I am watching for you... but I can't find you...
    • View Profile
    • United ODC Corporation
« Reply #18 on: 2008-12-29 20:55:48 »