Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4929605 times)

YouffieFanFR

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #9250 on: 2020-04-23 15:56:13 »
Is it ready or work in progress?

AuthenticM

• View Profile
« Reply #9251 on: 2020-04-23 16:53:43 »
2.0 is the final update for the mod; I've overhauled the files for it, flevel scripts, enemies, etc.

Oh, it's the final update? That's interesting. Will you move on to FFVIII's New Threat after this? I have to say that I very excited at the idea of playing FFVIII with whatever you cook up for it. What you did with FFVII is so impressive, and FFVIII is definitely the FF game in most need of a rebalance.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9252 on: 2020-04-23 16:59:42 »
Is it ready or work in progress?

I'm working on it just now; won't be long off.

Oh, it's the final update? That's interesting. Will you move on to FFVIII's New Threat after this? I have to say that I very excited at the idea of playing FFVIII with whatever you cook up for it. What you did with FFVII is so impressive, and FFVIII is definitely the FF game in most need of a rebalance.

Yeah, FF8 is next. I've been working on that here and there so it's quite far along.

YouffieFanFR

• View Profile
« Reply #9253 on: 2020-04-23 17:26:48 »
Will it be possible to use 1.5 saves with the 2.0 version or have we to start a new party?

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9254 on: 2020-04-23 17:36:40 »
Will it be possible to use 1.5 saves with the 2.0 version or have we to start a new party?

You are going to want to start over with 2.0 as it changes quite alot, the first reactor for example is going to be different than current NT.

YouffieFanFR

• View Profile
« Reply #9255 on: 2020-04-23 18:00:00 »
Some bugs/issues to report:

- Shinra Tower when you look for the password for the mayon in libraries, i found at least one mistake on the password KING (For the N it seems it was noticed #15 but it was #16 or #14)
- During Flashback of Cloud in Kalm after Midgar, in the cave of the shinra house, first part of the dialogs seems buggy. I don't see anything but when i press the X button i saw 1/100 second a window but too fast to read anything
- When i'm using Matra Magic the animation works fine but when it's the monster around Midgar i saw a normal attack animation but i received the normal damage of Matra Magic

Spoiler: show
- After the flashback when team go to sleep, no graphic transition, it just jumps to the scene with Yuffie.
- No collision box with RED XIII i can go across him at the entrance of Kalm before hunting Yuffie
- Strange to pursue someone who steal nothing... Maybe you should put gils to 0 and then give it back?
« Last Edit: 2020-04-23 18:28:27 by YouffieFanFR »

AuthenticM

• View Profile
« Reply #9256 on: 2020-04-23 18:36:20 »
Yeah, FF8 is next. I've been working on that here and there so it's quite far along.

Damn, this is music to my ears! If we could get a version 1.0 release for Christmas this year, that would make my holiday. :)
« Last Edit: 2020-04-23 18:40:40 by AuthenticM »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9257 on: 2020-04-23 19:55:42 »
Some bugs/issues to report:

- Shinra Tower when you look for the password for the mayon in libraries, i found at least one mistake on the password KING (For the N it seems it was noticed #15 but it was #16 or #14)
- During Flashback of Cloud in Kalm after Midgar, in the cave of the shinra house, first part of the dialogs seems buggy. I don't see anything but when i press the X button i saw 1/100 second a window but too fast to read anything
- When i'm using Matra Magic the animation works fine but when it's the monster around Midgar i saw a normal attack animation but i received the normal damage of Matra Magic

Spoiler: show
- After the flashback when team go to sleep, no graphic transition, it just jumps to the scene with Yuffie.
- No collision box with RED XIII i can go across him at the entrance of Kalm before hunting Yuffie
- Strange to pursue someone who steal nothing... Maybe you should put gils to 0 and then give it back?

Shinra Basement: Are you using the catalog version or the IRO on this thread? This issue is related to menu overhaul/an option on stock menu. It makes those dialogs not work properly.

Matra: Maybe it was W-Machine gun; I set that to hit the entire party instead of 1 target.

Kalm: There's no transition because of the filter applied to the screen to denote night; it overrides the black fade. The same thing occurs in Forgotten City when Cloud gets up during the night. Collision on Red isn't there so that Cloud can move through him easier if you talk to him from behind. There's also no real point in messing around with the player's inventory as you can't access shops, etc. at that point.

Damn, this is music to my ears! If we could get a version 1.0 release for Christmas this year, that would make my holiday. :)

Hopefully not that late, but aiming for this year yeah.

nainje

• View Profile
« Reply #9258 on: 2020-04-23 21:59:47 »
I finished your NT mod three different times..SO I wanna say "thank you" for this amazing job you've done here Sega Chief.
I can't wait for a first complete FF VIII New Threat mod :)

I got one question : I'm using the Steam version of the game and would like to use new characters battle models (some are very impressive !) Wich ones would be ok with your New Threat mod ??? :D

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9259 on: 2020-04-24 01:55:15 »
I finished your NT mod three different times..SO I wanna say "thank you" for this amazing job you've done here Sega Chief.
I can't wait for a first complete FF VIII New Threat mod :)

I got one question : I'm using the Steam version of the game and would like to use new characters battle models (some are very impressive !) Wich ones would be ok with your New Threat mod ??? :D

Cheers. All battle model mods should be OK.

YouffieFanFR

• View Profile
« Reply #9260 on: 2020-04-24 06:41:37 »
Shinra Basement: Are you using the catalog version or the IRO on this thread? This issue is related to menu overhaul/an option on stock menu. It makes those dialogs not work properly.

I'm using the catalog version and yes i have an overhaul/option stock menu activated. So to avoid this kind of problem should i deactivate the all mod?

I have another issue but not sure it's NT related: the level of battle's sounds animations are sometimes so low i can't hear it. It seems really random because sometimes by example i had the full sound of the start of animation but not the end... Found out i'm the bigger issue on this... It's stereo sound and i was equipped with only one of my earphones.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-24 08:52:39 by YouffieFanFR »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9261 on: 2020-04-24 10:24:22 »
I'm using the catalog version and yes i have an overhaul/option stock menu activated. So to avoid this kind of problem should i deactivate the all mod?

I have another issue but not sure it's NT related: the level of battle's sounds animations are sometimes so low i can't hear it. It seems really random because sometimes by example i had the full sound of the start of animation but not the end... Found out i'm the bigger issue on this... It's stereo sound and i was equipped with only one of my earphones.

If you're past that scene then it shouldn't occur again. One of the options on stock menu doesn't have the issue.

AuthenticM

• View Profile
« Reply #9262 on: 2020-04-24 18:58:45 »
Hopefully not that late, but aiming for this year yeah.

That's great to hear. Thanks.

Side question: would you be interested in making a New Threat mod for the eventual PC release of the Remake? I like the game a lot and I like your work, so I'd be very interested in playing whatever you could cook up with it. Also, there are a lot of people who were disappointed that the game didn't have an old-school combat system. If you gave them that, they'd probably worship you.

I'm not a modder, but from the look of things, it seems that maybe modding Remake's combat to be old school might be possible? The game already has the mechanics in place like ATB gauges, limit breaks, materia and even character-specific abilities. I don't know if it's possible, but I think it'd be great if a potential New Threat mod took these mechanics and tinkered with them to give players a true classic combat system. With the enemies on the field, the game would basically look and play similarly to Chrono Trigger.

I'd be curious to know your opinion on this.

Cheers

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9263 on: 2020-04-24 21:07:56 »
That's great to hear. Thanks.

Side question: would you be interested in making a New Threat mod for the eventual PC release of the Remake? I like the game a lot and I like your work, so I'd be very interested in playing whatever you could cook up with it. Also, there are a lot of people who were disappointed that the game didn't have an old-school combat system. If you gave them that, they'd probably worship you.

I'm not a modder, but from the look of things, it seems that maybe modding Remake's combat to be old school might be possible? The game already has the mechanics in place like ATB gauges, limit breaks, materia and even character-specific abilities. I don't know if it's possible, but I think it'd be great if a potential New Threat mod took these mechanics and tinkered with them to give players a true classic combat system. With the enemies on the field, the game would basically look and play similarly to Chrono Trigger.

I'd be curious to know your opinion on this.

Cheers

There is scope there to make a gameplay-altering mod of some kind; an early checklist:
1) As far as a classic ATB implementation would go, I guess the way to do it is to speed up the natural ATB refresh rate. Having it tied to attacks can leave melee characters high and dry if the enemy is inaccessible (a flyer going outside the boundaries of the walkmesh for instance) whereas Barret/Aeris can continue to attack. 3-bar as default with that would have you be able to use more actions during battle.

Problem is, it undermines the Speed stat for generating ATB gauge when attacking and if you're gaining gauge at a faster rate the overall usefulness of Materia handling ATB generation is also diminished. You'd need to balance things up to accommodate the higher rate of actions coming out from 'idle' ATB generation speed-up and that extra bar (if used).

2) An increase to the 'poise' of the player characters so that less attacks can interrupt them (fights where you've got multiple enemies can become problematic for slower characters like Aeris compared to Barret with Steelskin on). When there's lots of enemies in a fight, and of different types, things can get chaotic and difficult to utilise characters effectively.

3) One nuisance is that, if a phase changes for a boss involves a cinematic of some kind, then any queued actions you had are lost along with the gauge(s) expended. Not sure how it would be to modify something like that though, perhaps the consumption of a gauge bar can be moved to a certain point of the action use so that it only gets used if the action was 'successful'. Could also be handy for instances where a character was about to use a command but was knocked out of the animation, retaining the gauge.

Germmie

• View Profile
« Reply #9264 on: 2020-04-25 14:40:09 »
Latest mod on 22th april, seems like cure is blocked by M barrier but i remember this not to be the case with previous ver

siema87

• View Profile
« Reply #9265 on: 2020-04-25 15:41:31 »
Is it possible to obtain cursed ring after getting bronco? Or it's only possible to get it from battles in gold saucer before bronco?
« Last Edit: 2020-04-25 15:53:07 by siema87 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9266 on: 2020-04-25 15:55:54 »
Latest mod on 22th april, seems like cure is blocked by M barrier but i remember this not to be the case with previous ver

That'd be a exe issue (if main installer) or a hex issue (IRO). Those changes are the most likely to get blocked by something due to the greater level of protection that executable files have against modification. It may be that you have to run the installer as admin (if using that) or 7h isn't applying .exe changes due to a similar permissions issue.

Is it possible to obtain cursed ring after getting bronco? Or it's only possible to get it from battles in gold saucer before bronco?

It can be acquired after the Bronco.

Germmie

• View Profile
« Reply #9267 on: 2020-04-25 16:01:48 »
revert to the version of NT that comes with it seems to remove the issue so i think it is the iro 22th april.

Found another weird bug. So i revert back to the new threat in under the gameplay new threat catalog and
so i have 2 profiles, one without field models and another with kaldarasha field model. With the field model, stealing from Rude in Gelnika gives me war gong. While without the field model stealing from Rude gives me the fury ring. I am not sure why this happens and which is the correct version.

edit: i probably fight the reno and rude Gelnika fight over 10 times with different config. The final test where i disable all mods except field models kaldarasha + NT vs just NT confirms that rude's field model seems to change his item from war gong to fury ring

edit2: using the NT standalone solves both issue.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-25 16:41:53 by Germmie »

Meical

• View Profile
« Reply #9268 on: 2020-04-25 16:58:20 »
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I am using the Jessie mod from the Misc Catalog and your New Threat from the Gameplay catalog.  All through 7th Heaven.  Currently Tifa's battle model is stuck on Jessie's battle model.  Even with the mod turned off.  It is my understanding that the Jessie mod with 7th Heaven is the NT compatible one.   Any idea how to change that back?

Edit:  Figured it out.  I had unintentionally copied some loose files.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-25 20:29:15 by Meical »

taytwo

• View Profile
« Reply #9269 on: 2020-04-25 18:56:14 »
hello i'm loving the mod!! i have one question though where is the enemy skill materia located? i just finished midgar and it wasnt in the holding container for red 13 and aerith it also was equip to red 13 either? i just dont want to miss it!!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9270 on: 2020-04-25 22:27:14 »
revert to the version of NT that comes with it seems to remove the issue so i think it is the iro 22th april.

Found another weird bug. So i revert back to the new threat in under the gameplay new threat catalog and
so i have 2 profiles, one without field models and another with kaldarasha field model. With the field model, stealing from Rude in Gelnika gives me war gong. While without the field model stealing from Rude gives me the fury ring. I am not sure why this happens and which is the correct version.

edit: i probably fight the reno and rude Gelnika fight over 10 times with different config. The final test where i disable all mods except field models kaldarasha + NT vs just NT confirms that rude's field model seems to change his item from war gong to fury ring

edit2: using the NT standalone solves both issue.

Rude has two possible steals; a War Gong and a Fury Ring. In this game, you can only steal one item per enemy.

hello i'm loving the mod!! i have one question though where is the enemy skill materia located? i just finished midgar and it wasnt in the holding container for red 13 and aerith it also was equip to red 13 either? i just dont want to miss it!!

This reply also applies to other users with this problem.

This isn't good, because it means it's no longer obtainable. When the game is started, an initial state is set for all the characters (stats, equipment, Materia, etc.) However, if the kernel isn't patched then the initial state isn't the correct one. Same thing happens if a non-NT save is used to start the game (people sometimes use the Reactor 1 save point to start in order to skip the opening FMV).

In addition to having the wrong starting stats (much lower than NT's intended), you'll also be missing things like Barrier which isn't otherwise available until Rocket Town.

A problem with 7h is that it can often run the game even if parts of the selected mods haven't been applied. What may have happened is that the kernel wasn't patched when the game was started, and then later the mods/settings were configured that then resulted in the kernel being patched; but because it wasn't patched for the start, the intended initial state for characters wasn't applied.

So there's a few things to be done here; you'll first need to check that your kernel is correctly patched. Load your current save and test if Potions heal for 300HP in a battle (not in the field menu, needs to be in battle as the menu effect is handled by the executable rather than the kernel). If the potion heals for 300HP (or a Hi-Potion for 1000HP if got no potions) then can assume kernel is patched but the New Game initial state was missed for some reason (either pre-existing save used or Kernel wasn't patched when starting, and later became patched after toggling some settings/mod load order).

I can fix these save files by putting the intended equipment into your inventories and adjusting the character's base stats to what they should be. I'll need the save file uploaded and linked here.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9271 on: 2020-04-25 23:05:10 »
New patches, this makes the Supershot ST chest visible on first screen of Sunken Gelnika:

Installer
https://mega.nz/file/bh1HGLxR#3oB5Sl-FNIgr3BEh_Ke7O0vsQeEv_WcHNk5vry_EK0g

IRO
https://mega.nz/file/Gk8D3TZI#3CaydDgR5-pd47OaVU0Q72dwHGpD1JILL3hfbpVFbWY

OatBran

• moop all day skeent all night
    • View Profile
    • Discord
« Reply #9272 on: 2020-04-26 08:44:10 »
I can fix these save files by putting the intended equipment into your inventories and adjusting the character's base stats to what they should be. I'll need the save file uploaded and linked here.

I can't believe you would go above and beyond to the point where you would offer to fix peoples save files. You should really have better things to do with your time lol. Such dedication to the community for so many years its really nice to see that.

Really though you should just bundle a save file right off the train at new game with the mod download so people can compare their saves to it and fix it on their own. Black Chocobo is extremely user friendly and simple to use.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #9273 on: 2020-04-26 09:37:57 »
hey sega chief

since this Mod got updated again, is there anyway you could make me that private IRO NT mod patch for me again please

1:cloud clasping in mt glacier after taking a look at the map

2:win right away in submarine game after beating carry amrour

3:win right away in train mini game at the huge materia quest

thanks

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9274 on: 2020-04-26 13:58:12 »
I can't believe you would go above and beyond to the point where you would offer to fix peoples save files. You should really have better things to do with your time lol. Such dedication to the community for so many years its really nice to see that.

Really though you should just bundle a save file right off the train at new game with the mod download so people can compare their saves to it and fix it on their own. Black Chocobo is extremely user friendly and simple to use.

I think I added some text to the New Game start with info on how to check the scene/kernel has been patched. Should hopefully cut down on the number of instances where this happens.