Author Topic: Questions about what im doing while im doing it  (Read 1813 times)

ludokreshx

• View Profile
Questions about what im doing while im doing it
« on: 2010-07-18 11:46:12 »
I will continuously edit this post as new questions come to mind. I recently used photoshop to change the color on a mod I obtained, but at the request of the mod's creator I will not screen shot edited versions of his work. I have Biturn open and I am about to convert this bitmap version of the texture file that I changed the color on and set the Outfile destination to my unpacked folder named "battle" in which I plan you LGP into battle.lgp and use this newly recolored model.

The question is; is there any specific information i should know before I do this to know that my texture will work correctly and not just appear as an all white Cloud model due to the failure to change something i missed before utilizing the change?

For example, does the amount of the color black in a texture have anything to do with its usability without incorporating the custom graphics drivers?

[Edit]

hm, never mind, it came out 100% perfect! :)

But I may come up with more questions later.

Like, while I rummage through the field folder to find it myself, dose anyone already know the name of the file that holds the texture or image that governs clouds field model. Also are the field model for maps the same as the field model for world map? Like, does editing the one file i find alter everything for that character in both world map and inside maps?

[Edit Add]

I watched the video where the guy uses Blender and makes the custom Shinra Soldier. One thing i noticed in particular was how instead of just moving the legs and feet, he just made mirror copy's of them and shifted them into place. Can Blender do that with battle models too? And if so which files would i use to do that. And if not, what program do i need to do this? To be honest, i'm completely overhauling someones cloud model to make it into a Zack :P
I have all the colors set, i just need to duplicate the left arm, mirror it and use it to replace the naked shouldered right arm that cloud has.

I understand that this will probably end in me having to completely re-texture his chest, but this is just an experiment. One that if it goes well i'll just give to the mod creator of the Cloud its based from the finished product and it will be up to him to release it or not.

[Edit/Add]

What program would i use to dupe parts of a battle model, mirror it, and use it in place of another? i.e. Copying clouds left shoulder and using it to replace his plate-less right shoulder? :P

also i been searching for a battle-to-field converter since i last edited this post, and i found a guy who did it but he used the same model i used so he couldn't release it, is it against the rules if he tells me how he did it?
« Last Edit: 2010-07-19 01:00:19 by ludokreshx »

obesebear

• View Profile
Re: Questions about what im doing while im doing it
« Reply #1 on: 2010-07-20 01:35:41 »
Use Kimera for any editing of models already in game.