Author Topic: Crash at the play in the Event Square (Gold Saucer)  (Read 4565 times)

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile
The game crashes just as it starts the stupid & mandatory little show in Event Square (you know ; with the evil dragon king, the king, etc). After the very first dialog boxes, and before Alfred-Cloud appears, I always get the message "Oops, something very bad happened"...

Screenshot :

I also tried to revert my char.lgp and flevel.lgp files to their original counterparts, to no avail. Another annoying thing is that I can't give you my APP.LOG, because it looks like Aali's custom driver doesn't create it anymore (I made the mistake of deleting it once -_-). The crash.dmp file is still being generated though - so I made it available for anyone to download here (91.55 MB):

http://www.mediafire.com/?72tswh84tzncugm

Thanks in advance to whoever can help.
« Last Edit: 2011-02-09 13:53:31 by Armorvil »

obesebear

• View Profile
Re: Crash at the play in the Event Square (Gold Saucer)
« Reply #1 on: 2011-02-09 17:37:41 »
Which version

Armorvil

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-02-09 18:30:55 »
I tried it with 0.7.9b and 0.7.10b. Same problem.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-02-09 18:37:27 »
No idea what the problem is.  But I know sithlord has been working on being able to replay events, maybe black chocobo can allow you to check the EVENT SQUARE event as done.

Armorvil

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-02-09 18:41:43 »
Hey, great idea ObeseBear ! :) I'll try this ASAP.

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011-02-09 20:20:13 »
Its crashing while trying to load a sound effect, you problably have some messed up data.
Oh and app.log is written to the working directory of ff7.exe.

Armorvil

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011-02-10 11:07:26 »
Thanks Aali :)

About APP.LOG, it really isn't created anymore... ...My FF7.exe is in the E:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII folder, but APP.LOG sure isn't.

So, the problem is it can't read a sound effect huh ?... ...I just tried to replace my audio.dat and audio.fmt (in the data/sound folder) with the originals, but once again, to no avail...

Also, after trying with different opengl drivers, I have another problem now : battles don't load anymore. When I move across the field and a battle should trigger, the game just freezes. No battle twirl sound or effect either ; the battle music from FF7Music starts and that's it... ...Any idea ?

I really don't get it. Maybe I'll just try to reinstall everything.

EDIT:

OK, a clean install did the trick. About the game crashing at the start of a battle though, it looks like my system doesn't like version 0.7.9b (and 0.7.10b) of the custom graphic driver. 0.7.8b fixed it.
« Last Edit: 2011-02-13 15:01:45 by Armorvil »

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #7 on: 2011-03-02 14:23:02 »
currently Black Chocobo can set you to the date event, but the next event you can set to after that would be the end of disk 1 when aeris death plays out. Eventually when i get back to work on BC i will add more events.