Author Topic: Cait Sith's and Vincent's Initial Data  (Read 9818 times)

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile
Cait Sith's and Vincent's Initial Data
« on: 2011-04-28 11:12:00 »
I was playing around with my hex editor, and found the address for their initial data inside FF7.exe. So I thought I'd share the info with everyone.

Cait Sith's is at offset 0x520c10, while Vincent's is at offset 0x520c94.

If you want to edit them (to alter their starting stats, equipment, materia, ...), you can use the Wiki Savemap, "Table 2 : Character Record" section.

Some addresses :

Cait Sith's Level : 0x520c11 (1 byte)
Cait Sith's CurrentHP : 0x520c3c (2 bytes)
Cait Sith's Base HP :  0x520c3e (2 bytes)
Cait Sith's Current MP : 0x520c40 (2 bytes)
Cait Sith's Base MP : 0x520c42 (2 bytes)
Cait Sith's stats* : 0x520c12 (1 byte each)
Cait Sith's weapon : 0x520c2c (1 byte)
Cait Sith's armor : 0x520c2d (1 byte)
Cait Sith's accessory : 0x520c2e (1 byte)
Materia on his weapon : 0x520c50 (4 bytes for each materia slot - first byte is the materia ID, and the next 3 bytes are its AP)
Materia on his armor : 0x520c70

Vincent's Level : 0x520c95 (1 byte)
Vincent's CurrentHP : 0x520cc0 (2 bytes)
Vincent's Base HP :  0x520cc2 (2 bytes)
Vincent's Current MP : 0x520cc4 (2 bytes)
Vincent's Base MP : 0x520cc6 (2 bytes)
Vincent's stats* : 0x520c96 (1 byte each)
Vincent's weapon : 0x520cb0 (1 byte)
Vincent's armor : 0x520cb1 (1 byte)
Vincent's accessory : 0x520cb2 (1 byte)
Materia on his weapon : 0x520cd4 (4 bytes for each materia slot - first byte is the materia ID, and the next 3 bytes are its AP)
Materia on his armor : 0x520cf4

* Stats are listed in this order : strength, vitality, magic, spirit, dexterity, luck.

---

I'm glad to finally be able to change their starting equipment ^^ (to find the right value, you can check out the equipment's ID in Wall Market, and convert it to hex)

On a related note, it would be nice if the next Wall Market could load those addresses in FF7.exe. Beats having to use a hex editor  :mrgreen:

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: Cait Sith's and Vincent's Initial Data
« Reply #1 on: 2011-04-28 12:59:18 »
a quick fyi their default stats in the save map are for y.cloud and sephiroth. these chars are not changed in to cait/vincent untill you get them in your party . i would be intrested to see how these compair to the stats of the new savemap. that way you can determin if its really cait /vincent or y.clould/sephiroth

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #2 on: 2011-04-28 13:13:23 »
a quick fyi their default stats in the save map are for y.cloud and sephiroth. these chars are not changed in to cait/vincent untill you get them in your party . i would be intrested to see how these compair to the stats of the new savemap. that way you can determin if its really cait /vincent or y.clould/sephiroth

I know for a fact that Armorvil is correct. I found these values a long time ago and considered putting them in to WM. I also shot that idea down because WM will only ever modify the KERNEL.BIN and kernel2.bin files. That's just safer. These are just their un-balanced stats. As in, before their levels get raised to be closer to the party's average. If your party is above their starting level then these won't be want gets dumped into the savemap.

You might get Bosola to integrate this into LiBrE. I could help him with the KERNEL.BIN/kernel2.bin texts when reading equipment names.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #3 on: 2011-04-28 19:32:01 »
I second the notion to put this into some tool.  Sorry I don't have the skills or knowledge to do so on my own. 

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 2011-04-28 20:38:29 »
You might get Bosola to integrate this into LiBrE. I could help him with the KERNEL.BIN/kernel2.bin texts when reading equipment names.

It wouldn't really have much purpose being there. LiBrE should probably be for limits alone.

If this went into anything, WM really would be the most logical choice.

Incidentally, do we know where the data is in the PSX version?
« Last Edit: 2011-12-31 16:57:32 by Bosola »

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011-05-02 01:36:21 »
I think some sort of a "Dark Nation" or something like this that can edit MNUs and ff7.exe would do it. Hex-edit = pain

pacito-ex

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011-08-05 14:11:42 »
I would think the data for Sephiroth and Cait Sith would be in PCLOUD.TIM and  PCEFI.TIM. Either way I have the flag data that enables Sephiroth or Vincent (but not coexisting) but does not reverse their stats for some odd reason. I can also find the one that enables Cait Sith or Young Cloud though, if it's needed. Here's an example of how the character flag affects the game. I forgot to show what happens when both Vincent and Sephiroth are present, although I think we all know that one of them dies off at the beginning and is apparently removed from the fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHx5mNTPO00

Same concept for Cait Sith and Young Cloud.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011-08-05 14:29:31 »
TIM files are only texture files. Nothing more to say.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #8 on: 2011-08-05 18:17:54 »
i've fiddled w/ this alot. the savemap contains (initally) only the data for young cloud and sephiroth. teh stats for cait sith and vincent are calculated when they join the party (they are given xp to raise them to the correct lvl and also the stat raises @ that point). even after the flash back those slots remain as young cloud and sephiroth (if you don't get vincent he will continue to be sephiroth untill end of game.)this applys to the save map and NOT whats in ram at run time.

from playing with switching chars id's the game just ingores any chars with incorrect id's unless its cait/vincent. if they have their alt id's (id 9 and 10 btw) they will be y.cloud/sephiroth. y.cloud is pretty ez to change out. unless you set sephiroth's stats and rest of his char file correctly he just dies or can't hit things. he must be set correctly to work. he will also still be script controlled (kernel controls that)

pacito-ex

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011-08-05 22:37:34 »
Thats true. I've also noticed that where the character data is in assembly, there is what I think is empty space. Perhaps someone with more knowledge could verify this? It might be possible to add the data for Sephiroth and Y.Cloud there. And also, I found another #LOUD (cloud) entry before the initial #LOUD (cloud) entry with the character ID and stats. Anybody know what that is?

Sephiroth Character ID, stats, some other stuff. 128 bytes long.
http://imageshack.us/f/508/sephirothcoding.png/

The opcode for this address is changed when the character ID is Vincent's. That's the only difference I've seen so far. As you've said before, the stats do change automatically when he is added to the party but not when I change their Character ID's and when that happens only that character is enabled.
http://imageshack.us/f/16/vincentchangesassemblyo.png/

Young Cloud Character ID, stats, some other stuff. 128 bytes long.
http://imageshack.us/f/36/youngclouddata.png/

Cait Sith changes the opcode for the same address on Character ID slot. Everything else remains unchanged.
http://imageshack.us/f/849/caitsithchangesopcode.png/

Cloud Character ID,stats, who knows what else @_@. 128 bytes long.
http://imageshack.us/f/803/clouddata.png/

Cloud excess data or instructions??? 88 bytes long.
http://imageshack.us/f/713/clouddataextramaybe.png/

Edit: This part seems to change with what I'm currently doing/where I'm currently at in the game. It may be an event flag. Also, some changes occur when I am in the Title Screen and choose "Continue" while the PSX is loading the memory card.

Empty Data Space after character definitions??? A little bit over 600 bytes.
http://imageshack.us/f/163/emptydataspace.png/

Edit: Below this is the memory of the Items in inventory.

All of these include the opcode along with the memory region highlighted so that you may perhaps understand a little more of what I'm talking about. Hope this helps somewhat.

I'd like to help more on changing the stuff on the discs itself but I've had no experience in that before. Sorry for my ignorance on that last post about the .TIM files. I should have read the posts linking to information about file types in the FF7 disc first before posting. Hope this information helps.
« Last Edit: 2011-08-09 19:50:03 by pacito-ex »

pacito-ex

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011-08-09 05:13:43 »
I made a boo boo on that last post :/. I forgot that I had already modified some of the characters so here I have a text document showing the initial stats of all of the characters in FF7 excluding Vincent and Cait Sith (the data was taken from when they were not yet acquired, I'll work on that next though Young Cloud and Sephiroth are in here). The data was taken from a memory viewer. Its in array format so its actually backwards, but in my opinion, its easier to look at everything this way ^.^.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1klv1xcp7h20tx6

Anything within paranthesis is what changed when I added that character to my party. Don't know why it happens it just does.  Enjoy  8)

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #11 on: 2011-08-09 16:27:43 »
I made a boo boo on that last post :/
yes you did by double posting. edit your posts instead.