Author Topic: [FF8R-PC/Steam] FF8 Remastered (Lunatic Pandora) Mods Progress  (Read 437288 times)

Kyle_

• View Profile
Thank you, I look forward to it.

I have a question because I don't remember now lol - I bought the Lunatic Pandora mod almost 2 years ago to the day and I didn't know - do we get updates to that? Do we get this upgrade? or do we have to buy it anew? Just curious - I looked a few weeks ago and didn't see any way to redownload the one I bought, so wasn't sure. Thanks Mcindus for all you're doing for us! Can't wait to have the ultimate version of FF8!!

Are you sure you didn't make a donation?

d1474796

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2019-09-09 14:16:56 »
« Last Edit: 2019-11-22 08:32:49 by Lorath »

cloudhaacker

• View Profile
Thanks Lorath lol I forgot to mention that - Yeah I've don the individual installs before, the cumulative installer is just more convenient than doing all the mods separately. It's only $2.99 at the least - so if Mcindus offers it again for the remaster i don't mind donating again just for the convenience. :)

Edit: link to the installer for those who are curious - http://mcindusmods.pcriot.com/Lunatic-Pandora/

Rjenyawd

• A bowling ball, dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi
    • View Profile
The fonts, icons/UI elements are actually set up almost exactly like the original SeeD mod by sl1982/Aali's Driver using .png's instead of the original .tex files.  I updated that mod a long time ago, and it looks like they used it as a template for their version lol.  They even stole my gradient to use in the remaster lol - it's a pixel perfect 'replica' which is pretty much impossible to do accidentally with gradients.  it's probably just a cut/paste of mine.  They also took the cut out textures I made for tripod cards, and stole two of my hand-crafted sprite animations for the magic sprites in triple triad. mwahahahahaha!

...Mcindus, my dude.

1. You are awesome. 

2. This is really forked up. Modders have been tiptoeing around Squeenix for YEARS. We've been fixing their flaws, improving their quality, and keeping their neglected properties viable decades past their projected expiration dates. All for free, out of respect for intellectual property value and a love of the community and product. The community has maneuvered through disdain and C&D shenanigans. (RIP, Crimson Echoes). Time and time again, when poo hits the fan, the social fallout asks "Instead of shutting it down, why didn't they just send a recruiter out to hire the free-lance modders?" Every time, that viable option is ignored. And now, Squeenix decides to pay someone else to *steal your work*. Like ACTUALLY steal your work. It wasn't someone just modifying what was already there and putting it out for free alongside your art. They took something that you created years ago, put their name on it, and are now making money off of it. Modding/Hacking isn't theft. What this outsourced company did to you, IS. 

3. Do you have a Patron site? Or like, a link to a project site I can donate to? I'm a bartender and broke actor, so I can't afford much, but I gave Squeenix $20 for the FF8 remaster, and I can darn well afford to donate some money to you.

***edit***
...just saw the post literally above mine by cloudhaacker linking to Lunatic Pandora. That's what I get for opening my mouth before reading through the whole thread. ^_^
« Last Edit: 2019-09-09 19:58:57 by Rjenyawd »

gunner_1207

• If your upright an above ground,its a gd day
    • View Profile
Rjenyawd
*ucking well said absolutely spot on, even youtube has taken note.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhkdUXgLjDQ

Christopho

• View Profile
Sorry, new here and the site is hard to navigate when trying to find FF8R mods. Would it be possible to hotlink each referenced mod in the OP (assuming there's other posts) so we can see what they change/improve in regards to the unmodded version or even where to download them? Or is this all part of the Lunatic Pandora pack alongside the original FF8 mods?

Alternatively, if anyone can point me to where I'd be able to filter out only FF8R mods so I can find the ones mentioned in the OP myself, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

d1474796

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2019-09-10 12:29:05 »
« Last Edit: 2019-11-22 08:32:30 by Lorath »

gunner_1207

• View Profile
there are murmurs of other mods from mcindus , i dunno about RaW DLPB hasn't metioned anything yet.

d1474796

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2019-09-10 19:19:30 »
« Last Edit: 2019-11-22 08:32:21 by Lorath »

gunner_1207

• View Profile
Well, I created SeeDReborn, which has full icon replacements, etc. that are much better than theirs.  Even the vanilla stuff that I created (and some of that original stuff was team avalanche) and there are several fonts available, so I figured I'd offer that to the public.  The funny thing about their gradient is that it's a pixel perfect match of mine.  There's seriously no possible way to do this 'by accident'.  Also, they didn't 'crack' the gradient, so they don't know what pixels repeat, how to compensate, and how to change it with varying colors like I have.  In the latest SeeDReborn, there are many gradient options for the text boxes and I'll be offering that to the public as well.  I guess I could share a screenshot of that progress:

Probably not for a long time. They changed the file structure A LOT.

Not yet, but we're working on it.

Yes, definitely.  I'll give the option of using default font or the updated SeeDReborn v4.1 font.  If yagami light makes a version of his that works for this, we can implement it too.

The fonts, icons/UI elements are actually set up almost exactly like the original SeeD mod by sl1982/Aali's Driver using .png's instead of the original .tex files.  I updated that mod a long time ago, and it looks like they used it as a template for their version lol.  They even stole my gradient to use in the remaster lol - it's a pixel perfect 'replica' which is pretty much impossible to do accidentally with gradients.  it's probably just a cut/paste of mine.  They also took the cut out textures I made for tripod cards, and stole two of my hand-crafted sprite animations for the magic sprites in triple triad. mwahahahahaha!

d1474796

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2019-09-10 21:14:17 »
« Last Edit: 2019-11-22 08:31:31 by Lorath »

LionCerieals

• View Profile
Heya. Just wanted to ask how the progress is going. Been a few days since you last updated the progress tracker.^^
And thank you for your hard work on fixing Square's mess! The community really needs heroes like yourself.

oraclex

• View Profile
when seeing the remasted reviews on yt, i feel that SE were like "here are the modele retextured, now you guys can implant the enhancements mods from the steam release into the remaster, and it will be finished"

gunner_1207

• View Profile
when seeing the remasted reviews on yt, i feel that SE were like "here are the modele retextured, now you guys can implant the enhancements mods from the steam release into the remaster, and it will be finished"
na if they were gonna do that, they wouldn't have screwed the whole file structure to make it unbelievably difficult.

guiguifun28

• View Profile
Hy everyone,

I will re-ask a question cuz I'm not sure if I good understood. Is the Lunatic pandora mod package first created for FFVIII 2013 updated for FFVIII remastered?

Thanks

ERAISERZEE

• View Profile
I connect to a post on to ask if you will make Requiem v2.2.9 compatible with the remastered and also with the Italian version. I always wanted to try it.

LionCerieals

• View Profile
Do you think it would be possible to make the menus during battle run at 60 FPS like on PSX and if it's possible to make the game run at true 16:9 aspect ratio?

Rjenyawd

• A bowling ball, dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi
    • View Profile
Hy everyone,

I will re-ask a question cuz I'm not sure if I good understood. Is the Lunatic pandora mod package first created for FFVIII 2013 updated for FFVIII remastered?

Thanks

Mcindus is still working on importing his mods to the Remaster. The first post in this thread shows his progress.

Looking around the forums also seems to imply that people are still trying to figure out the new data insertion methods to "fix" the backgrounds. When the mods are ready to be released I'm positive there will be a release thread that lets you know. ^_^

riverblink

• View Profile
works great thanks so much! mcindus i hope tripod releases soon!

rrgaming28

• View Profile
thanks for the SeedRemastered UI it looks great i love the gunblade cursor in it <3

guiguifun28

• View Profile
When will be other language for SeedReborn available?

Blackwolf47

• View Profile
sorry if out of context, but i'm trying to edit squall's textures, but can't seen to do it the usual way (texmod,specialk) any way you can help me guys?

rrgaming28

• View Profile
any updates?  ;D

Solodin

• View Profile
any updates?  ;D

I'm actually starting to worry a little bit. I sent MCindus a message on Patreon 10 days ago that he still hasn't responded to. Lines up with the lack of updates here. I'm sure it's possible he's just busy at the moment, but it does have me a little concerned.

kokie

• View Profile
I'm actually starting to worry a little bit. I sent MCindus a message on Patreon 10 days ago that he still hasn't responded to. Lines up with the lack of updates here. I'm sure it's possible he's just busy at the moment, but it does have me a little concerned.

There is no progress because no modder know how to slap these textures over the game's textures yet.