Author Topic: [FF7 PC] Mod Manager - 7th Heaven (v2.2.3.522 Release) Outdated  (Read 391142 times)

marioalpra

• View Profile
Re: [FF7 PC] Mod Manager - 7th Heaven 2.0
« Reply #275 on: 2020-04-04 19:27:23 »
You need to install the English language version of the game.

...or reach out to me in a DM and beta test updated language support. Let me know what language.

I was not able to send you a DM, sorry.
The language of the game is spanish. I bought it on steam. Thanks.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #276 on: 2020-04-05 08:23:42 »
Either you will need to reach out to me on the Discord, or you will need to post at least 5 posts here before DMs can be sent.

tihico

• Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 2020-04-07 08:38:10 »
how can i use my steam save on this

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #278 on: 2020-04-07 12:20:25 »
how can i use my steam save on this

Steam puts your saves in a weird folder: Documents\Square Enix\FINAL FANTASY VII Steam\user_xxxxxxxx

Copy any "savexx.ff7" files to your C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII\save\ folder (or wherever your converted version is stored).

Ultroman

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: 2020-04-07 22:36:21 »
I can't describe the joy I felt when I saw the phrases "7th Heaven" and "2020" in the same search summary. I was so hoping someone would pick up the mantle from the old masters, and here you are. May the universe bless you every day for your great contribution to mankind <3

Now, a few questions from an owner of the original 1998 discs (and yes, I did read the entire thread, so if this was answered, I missed it):

1. I have my trusty old ISO's made from rips of my old original discs from 1998 of which the install disc can't be read anymore, so I'm stuck using my ISO's. Will the program count that as piracy?
2. When installing from the old discs, do I still need to install the 1.02 official patch, or is that also included in 7th Heaven?
« Last Edit: 2020-04-07 22:41:03 by Ultroman »

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #280 on: 2020-04-07 22:59:16 »
I can't describe the joy I felt when I saw the phrases "7th Heaven" and "2020" in the same search summary. I was so hoping someone would pick up the mantle from the old masters, and here you are. May the universe bless you every day for your great contribution to mankind <3

Now, a few questions from an owner of the original 1998 discs (and yes, I did read the entire thread, so if this was answered, I missed it):

1. I have my trusty old ISO's made from rips of my old original discs from 1998 of which the install disc can't be read anymore, so I'm stuck using my ISO's. Will the program count that as piracy?
2. When installing from the old discs, do I still need to install the 1.02 official patch, or is that also included in 7th Heaven?

Thank you so much for the kind words!

1. You're fine. 7H 2.0 still fully supports the original discs.
2. You only need one thing (7H 2.0). Download 7th Heaven 2.0. Run the installer. Start 7th Heaven 2.0. Enjoy.

See the links to the trailer and tutorial videos on the first post to see how easy everything is.

Ultroman

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 2020-04-08 01:06:25 »
Thank you so much for the kind words!

1. You're fine. 7H 2.0 still fully supports the original discs.
2. You only need one thing (7H 2.0). Download 7th Heaven 2.0. Run the installer. Start 7th Heaven 2.0. Enjoy.
You're a godsend, m8! Nothing less. It works perfectly.

I even got the re-released APZ Cloud imported by just reading your documentation <3

tihico

• Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 2020-04-09 04:40:58 »
is it possible to put some translation in the game ?

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 2020-04-09 12:47:14 »

kotecome

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 2020-04-10 13:22:48 »
Hi Sir,

I encounter a problem when attempting to download the following mod from the 7th Heaven 2.0 app

May I know if this can be solved?

kotecome

• View Profile
« Reply #285 on: 2020-04-11 05:23:38 »
I thought I attached some images but they didn't show
I re-post it below:

https://imgur.com/2atvSUr
https://imgur.com/MQDAkjx
In brief: An unhandled exception has occurred and the app must close.

The problem actually seems to be intermittent but I also find it different to completely download a mod with size >1gb.
It stops at later progress. And sometimes the download was just automatically terminated without showing any error.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #286 on: 2020-04-11 11:29:34 »
Hi Sir,

I encounter a problem when attempting to download the following mod from the 7th Heaven 2.0 app

May I know if this can be solved?
Most people don't have a good experience with downloads from Mega (which those FMVs are hosted on). The author of that mod has an alternate download link at the bottom of his first post here: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14852.0. But, I recommend downloading the "Media" mod from Qhimm Modding Community personally and using the #2 Satsuki option for the movies. I don't see what this old cmh175 pack would have to offer over the newer Satsuki movies.

If you're having trouble downloading any mods from within the 7th Heaven app/catalog, most of them are available on the 7th Heaven website here: http://7thheaven.rocks. The cmh175 movies currently are not one of them, however.

Erikorn

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 2020-04-12 07:22:20 »
So I finally got the game running with mods, but can't get past the initial menu screen,  The game doesn't seem to register any buttons, whether it's keyboard, or controller.  What do I need to do to get this working?  Preferably with a controller.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #288 on: 2020-04-12 15:06:28 »
So I finally got the game running with mods, but can't get past the initial menu screen,  The game doesn't seem to register any buttons, whether it's keyboard, or controller.  What do I need to do to get this working?  Preferably with a controller.

7H defaults to the original 1998 controls (the Numpad). You can choose other presets for your controls (such as Steam defaults) by going to Settings>Game Launcher>Controls. I find it odd that your controller isn't registering any buttons, but that would be an issue with your controller (driver, mapping software if used, Windows settings, hardware, etc.). See page 6 of this thread where I posted some info that should help you get started with your controller. If you're using an Xbox One controller, it should work out of the box.

ghirofelgo

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 2020-04-12 16:30:06 »
For some reason and no matter what i do 7th heaven tries to load from my old path which is no longer there. I used to have an "F" drive for the old 7th heaven, well now it's gone and it still tries to load:

An unhandled exception has occurred and the app must close
Could not find a part of the path 'F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\mods\7th Heaven'

It doesn't even give me a chance to change the path, after i click ok 7th heaven closes. I've uninstalled everything multiple times including the game and still nothing.

Erikorn

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: 2020-04-12 19:20:09 »
The game works fine if I run it through steam, but then there are no mods, but when I launch it from 7H, controls disappear.

Erikorn

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 2020-04-12 19:34:09 »
7H defaults to the original 1998 controls (the Numpad). You can choose other presets for your controls (such as Steam defaults) by going to Settings>Game Launcher>Controls. I find it odd that your controller isn't registering any buttons, but that would be an issue with your controller (driver, mapping software if used, Windows settings, hardware, etc.). See page 6 of this thread where I posted some info that should help you get started with your controller. If you're using an Xbox One controller, it should work out of the box.

Fixed it, found the right code for Launch Options (outconfig) and now it works beautifully.  Thanks for the help!

Erikorn

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 2020-04-12 19:44:35 »
Looks like I spoke too soon, this is a little embarrassing.  So while outconfig fixes the control problem, I now get a black screen for graphics.  Only thing that pops up are conversation bubbles, with or without mods.  Anyone have a different code or fix they'd recommend?

Kiroshu

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 2020-04-13 02:32:00 »
For downloads that use google drive, like Avalanche Arisen Battle Scenes, can you have a popup with the gdrive link when quota is exceeded? Quota can be bypassed by importing a copy to your own gdrive account. As it is now when quota is exceeded, like it is now, you can't download it.

mdavis2019

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 2020-04-13 13:38:23 »
I'm trying to run 7H 2.0, but this error always appears:

### Launching Final Fantasy VII ###
Checking FF7 is not running ...
Checking FF7 .exe exists at C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII\FF7.exe ...
Verifying installed game is compatible ...
Error code: YARR! Unable to continue. Please report this error on the Qhimm forums.
Failed to launch FF7. View the above log for details.

Someone can help me?

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 2020-04-13 15:54:30 »
I'm trying to run 7H 2.0, but this error always appears:

### Launching Final Fantasy VII ###
Checking FF7 is not running ...
Checking FF7 .exe exists at C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII\FF7.exe ...
Verifying installed game is compatible ...
Error code: YARR! Unable to continue. Please report this error on the Qhimm forums.
Failed to launch FF7. View the above log for details.

Someone can help me?

Buy the game.

kotecome

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 2020-04-13 17:11:42 »
Just some recommendations
I know for some of the mods, the ''origin'' is stated in the readme txt file
It'd be better to include the description of the version as well as the related thread of the other mods for understanding of which mods they actually refer to
Will it sound too trouble?

StarMan

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 2020-04-14 00:04:05 »
Have the torrent files been removed from the website? Downloading a 7GB file at 200kb/s is just painful.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #298 on: 2020-04-14 00:45:46 »
Just some recommendations
I know for some of the mods, the ''origin'' is stated in the readme txt file
It'd be better to include the description of the version as well as the related thread of the other mods for understanding of which mods they actually refer to
Will it sound too trouble?

I understand what you mean and wish that would happen also. This thread, though, is for releases/support/development of 7th Heaven. We don't have any control over what mod authors do or don't do with their mods. 7H 2.0 supports different formats of readme files, web site links, descriptions, release notes and other metadata that mod authors can and should take advantage of.  You would need to bring up your concerns with the mod authors themselves.

ghirofelgo

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 2020-04-14 00:46:22 »
Anyone? This is the full error message.

Could not find a part of the path 'F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\mods\7th Heaven'.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.Settings.LogAndCreateFolderIfNotExists(String pathToFolder)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.Settings.SetPathsFromInstallationPath(String pathToFf7Install)
   at SeventhHeaven.ViewModels.GeneralSettingsViewModel.AutoDetectSystemPaths(Settings settings)
   at SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel.InitViewModel()
   at SeventhHeavenUI.MainWindow.Window_Loaded(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastEvent(DependencyObject root, RoutedEvent routedEvent)
   at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastLoadedEvent(Object root)
   at MS.Internal.LoadedOrUnloadedOperation.DoWork()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireLoadedPendingCallbacks()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.Resize(ICompositionTarget resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.OnResize()
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)