Author Topic: Limit Breaking  (Read 18487 times)

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
Limit Breaking
« Reply #25 on: 2005-10-11 19:39:19 »
awesome, keep on fighting! this is good news

Kiggles

• View Profile
Limit Breaking
« Reply #26 on: 2005-10-11 23:15:50 »
Ok. That's pretty damned sexy, dziugo!

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
Limit Breaking
« Reply #27 on: 2005-11-11 15:40:34 »
Time for some poll :).

To fit the 5-digit values on the screen, some reconfiguration in interface is needed. The menu is already done, but I have some problems with battle screen. Something must be resized/removed in order to display everything properly. The question is... What should it be?

Here is the original interface

And here are two modifications: Mod1 Mod2

Would you like to see one of these when using this patch? Or maybe you do have some cool idea how it should be solved? Post back.

dziugo

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile
Limit Breaking
« Reply #28 on: 2005-11-11 18:16:59 »
I personally prefer the interface in var2.jpg. I don't mind having a shorter limit gauge, as I like to see my characters' max HP.

Awesome work, by the way :D

Subsidiary question : will this mod work on the PSX ? I'm pretty sure it won't, but it doesn't hurt to ask...

Phyltre

• View Profile
Limit Breaking
« Reply #29 on: 2005-11-11 18:37:46 »
I prefer #2 as well.  It looks better, the limit bars aren't usually too informative anyway.

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
Limit Breaking
« Reply #30 on: 2005-11-11 19:26:26 »
Thanks for your opinion guys.
Quote from: Armorvil
will this mod work on the PSX ? I'm pretty sure it won't, but it doesn't hurt to ask...
And you're right :). It won't work on PSX version since it requires modifying the main exe file.

dziugo

The Skillster

• View Profile
Limit Breaking
« Reply #31 on: 2005-11-11 23:00:58 »
what about the barrier bars? they are pretty useless, why not shorten them?

dziugo

• View Profile
Limit Breaking
« Reply #32 on: 2005-11-12 16:13:29 »
Good idea. What do you guys think about Mod3?

dziugo

Dreakon

• View Profile
Limit Breaking
« Reply #33 on: 2005-11-12 18:54:36 »
I (personally speaking of course) prefer that the bars be the size of the text above them.  For example, im not a huge fan of having the barrier bars so short but having the huge BARRIER text above them.

Just my opinion though.  Perhaps size the bars to the size of the text above them (or keep them as they are by default if that would mean enlarging them)?  That should make some space and still look nice. :)

dziugo

• View Profile
Limit Breaking
« Reply #34 on: 2005-11-12 19:53:49 »
It's easier to enarge something 2 times than 1.59. Why? Ask TheSaiNt :P. And you're right... That "BARRIER" text doesn't look good...

Anyone else with some cool idea?

dziugo

The Skillster

• View Profile
Limit Breaking
« Reply #35 on: 2005-11-12 22:33:30 »
well there is space between the hp and mp bars which is not needed, and how long does the space for the character's names have to be?
couldnt that be trimmed down too?

steven

• View Profile
Limit Breaking
« Reply #36 on: 2005-11-15 21:51:22 »
This is a pritty good idea and I can't wait to see it

but if posible I would rather see you take some space from the names and use that for the extra numbers needed. Or if you can't then I would use the 3rd option because I don't use barrier much :P

Kiggles

• View Profile
Limit Breaking
« Reply #37 on: 2005-11-20 09:37:54 »
Throwing in my 2 cents.

I believe the barrier meters to be more useful/informative than the limit meter. Honestly, I think it would have been neater to have the limit bar elimenated altogether, BUT, we don't want to change the gameplay experience too much, right? :) Anyway, the limit gauge is largely pretty static. I have no issue with it being cut in half. Shortening name space/barrier meters will have the somewhat unfriendly effect of single width menus overlapping current HP. In other words, every character's selection menu will obscure the HP data. I thought it was a flaw that double width command lists obscured HPs, but now every turn, regardless of materia setups will overlap.

If you can manipulate the command list to justify absolute left, that may not be so much of an issue. Otherwise, it may be a much bigger modification, but how about stacking Limit/Wait gauges like the Barriers? :) Maybe something to look into, since nothing would look out of proportion. Shortened limit gauge being the best bet (from my perspective) but it DOES look more peculiar.

Good luck. Nice to see this moving along!

The Skillster

• View Profile
Limit Breaking
« Reply #38 on: 2005-11-21 10:43:07 »
oh you will include dialog box transparency with this patch?
I hate having to press switch to see whats underneath the command menu

dziugo

• View Profile
Limit Breaking
« Reply #39 on: 2005-11-21 11:11:39 »
Quote from: The Skillster
oh you will include dialog box transparency with this patch?
I hate having to press switch to see whats underneath the command menu
I'll see what I can do.

Bad News:Don't expect it to be released before Christmas... I don't have free time at all...

dziugo

The Skillster

• View Profile
Limit Breaking
« Reply #40 on: 2005-11-21 15:04:16 »
hey we will help anyway we can :P

dziugo

• View Profile
Limit Breaking
« Reply #41 on: 2005-11-21 15:25:34 »
Quote from: The Skillster
hey we will help anyway we can :P
I love this board :P