Author Topic: Need someone to test a SCENE.BIN  (Read 2302 times)

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile
Need someone to test a SCENE.BIN
« on: 2005-10-13 17:35:22 »
Okay, I made a simple edit of FFVII which increases difficulty, but I have two problems. One of them is normal from what I read; I used M4v3R's Scene Edit, and I heard it has the drawback to turn all dropped and stolen items into Potions.
My first question is, is there a known way to solve this ? I can use a hex editor just fine by the way, if it involves this kind of utility (I'd just need to know what to change and at which address).

Secondly, and the reason why I need someone to test this SCENE.BIN : strangely enough, on my PSX, monster formations are messed up. The very first battle doesn't involve two troopers anymore, but a blue panthera in a back attack (don't remember its name). And then, all boss battles occuring in Midgar have been replaced by a random battle from the next package/area (Guard Scorpion has been replaced with 2 Shin-Ra troopers; AirBuster with a random battle against the three creatures you find in the church rooftop; etc...).

I don't know if it's because I made a mistake or if it only happens in the PSX version, so I just want somebody to test the patch on the PC version. The very first fight should suffice, I don't want this person to finish the game of course ;)
If there's a blue panthera it's fine, but if there are two soldiers, I'll have to blame the differences between the PC and PSX SCENE.BIN...

Finally, if anyone knows how to fix this last problem, that'd be great and would save me a lot of time. It's good for surprises, but I like my boss battles (and furthermore, final Ultima Weapon near Cosmo Canyon invokes an endless loop of CMD: Grand Horn battles... ...Very annoying).

Download the thing here : Link edited out
If the link doesn't work, just go here : Link edited out, and SCENE.BIN should be available to download.

Mighty thanks in advance ! :)

Admin edit: Don't post links to game files here, regardless of whether they've been edited or not.[/url]

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
Re: Need someone to test a SCENE.BIN
« Reply #1 on: 2005-10-13 18:15:34 »
Quote from: Armorvil
The very first battle doesn't involve two troopers anymore, but a blue panthera in a back attack (don't remember its name).
Same here.

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile
Need someone to test a SCENE.BIN
« Reply #2 on: 2005-10-13 20:06:48 »
Thanks, now I have to find a way to reverse this...