Author Topic: Rufus and Dark Nation mod.  (Read 5211 times)

JordieBo

• View Profile
Rufus and Dark Nation mod.
« on: 2008-03-25 03:08:18 »
Hey guys!
First post!  :-D
So I've seen a few mods around here, like Kingdom Hearts II characters in battle and the Reunion patch and such, and thought I may have a go at it.
Well, I am trying to replace Rufus and Vincent, and Red XII with Dark Nation (Rufus' "Pet")
And I have a sneak preview and a query. First, the Preview:

http://img265.imageshack.us/my.php?image=origtonewwc4.png

And

http://img248.imageshack.us/my.php?image=originaltonew1ad1.png

Secondly, my question is, if i replace Dark Nation, of course his head tail will not go with him so I have to do that manually, so shall I replace it with Red XII tail then reposition it, will it still animate and will it just mess up?

One more thing, i heard you could keep the animations of an other battle model by messing with a Hex Modifier, but would that be a stupid idea as Dark nation is and enemy meaning it wont have all the right animations?
Thank You!

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
Re: Rufus and Dark Nation mod.
« Reply #1 on: 2008-03-25 08:28:26 »
First of all, i am sooo happy to see someone making boss/enemy -> player replacements that were not openly done.

second, the shoulders, what are you planning to do with them? it would not mess the animations up TOO much to kill what you made the top of DN's legs, then make it the natural shoulder making it slightly more like the proper build without any major problems.

okay the questions.
the more you move a part away from it's natural position, that would increase the area it moves about, so it would greatly look out of place, so you would have to make it static and attach it to the head/neck yourself.

you can in theory edit animations with a hex editor (some people are good at it) but for any animations that you try to change DN to Red13 would require it's skeleton and bone structure, or it would go awry, but might be able to change basic things over to red13 such as the attack to a bite, although I am not experienced in that field to say if that is possible or if it is how to go about it.

lastly, it looks like you might have a eye for some changes. Ever tried something like Gi Spectre as cid? that should be pretty simple since it follow's cid's skeleton easily, or maybe the iron giant as cloud, both have a sword and human build (although some parts may look weird since the lower leg is broken into two parts for the iron giant) or how about some changes that are not so 'easy' as it were? (hell rider VR2 would be pretty good since i didn't see any mods here that involved him, and he has complete parts, arms, legs, chest, leg, even a weapon!)
a change that would require you to be more, creative, as it were? such as making something like red13 with the ultimate weapon's parts since it in theory has the build, but not in that way, so it may be good to build up your experience in that field.

JordieBo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-03-25 09:19:56 »
First of all, i am sooo happy to see someone making boss/enemy -> player replacements that were not openly done.

second, the shoulders, what are you planning to do with them? it would not mess the animations up TOO much to kill what you made the top of DN's legs, then make it the natural shoulder making it slightly more like the proper build without any major problems.

okay the questions.
the more you move a part away from it's natural position, that would increase the area it moves about, so it would greatly look out of place, so you would have to make it static and attach it to the head/neck yourself.

you can in theory edit animations with a hex editor (some people are good at it) but for any animations that you try to change DN to Red13 would require it's skeleton and bone structure, or it would go awry, but might be able to change basic things over to red13 such as the attack to a bite, although I am not experienced in that field to say if that is possible or if it is how to go about it.

lastly, it looks like you might have a eye for some changes. Ever tried something like Gi Spectre as cid? that should be pretty simple since it follow's cid's skeleton easily, or maybe the iron giant as cloud, both have a sword and human build (although some parts may look weird since the lower leg is broken into two parts for the iron giant) or how about some changes that are not so 'easy' as it were? (hell rider VR2 would be pretty good since i didn't see any mods here that involved him, and he has complete parts, arms, legs, chest, leg, even a weapon!)
a change that would require you to be more, creative, as it were? such as making something like red13 with the ultimate weapon's parts since it in theory has the build, but not in that way, so it may be good to build up your experience in that field.

I was thinking of doing a series of Red XIII's and Cait Sith's since I hate the two! :x
Like Cloud on his hands and knees, or barbarian type barret who likes to thump people!  :evil:
Nah, I'm just kidding!
But I like your ideas, they do sound promising. But another problem occurs to me, when he's KO'd his back opens up like a casket!
Example:

http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=badchangeof1.png
I suppose it doesn't cause too much of a problem or I might just redo his back. Maybe i could recolour Red XIII back, but i'm not sure what program properly does that because I know Kimera only shades in one colour.

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-03-25 09:46:46 »
the Gi Nattak makes a good Cait Sith, he even looks good when he's hoping about! lol (although the battle side can be troublesome, but his animations may screw up at times, but they are short)

(anyway, did a basic GI spectre as cid to see if it was easily doable, and it was. the chest is too fat tho, but i did it in about 5 mins.
here it is.

the barret one does sound interesting, and a sick, twisted idea i did before was Hojo as Red13, doggy style! (that...was...a...sin...against...nature...)

hm, okay, what i suggest doing is making the field one first, then change it over to battle as you can properly join parts together that would make it look more like a dog, instead of a casket.

what programmes i suggest is kimera 0.81 and 0.84.
now, for the back, that would be best to use the slight hunch back of DN, but enlarged to suit red13, maybe off the dn build, but it works, kinda...

adventsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-11-05 22:31:10 »
omfg, i demand a patch! lol, dark nation would be awesome to play. :DD

Rufus95

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-11-07 15:15:44 »
you would fight against Vincent and Nanaki/red cool.