Author Topic: DLL. issue for LGP tools (delete if this is a repost)  (Read 8455 times)

ludokreshx

• View Profile
Feel free to delete/close or watever u do if this has been previously addressed

the ficedula.dll is eluding my grasps and i cant locate a site with it

i've been to the ficedula home page and there was a thread that s/he left with a link of some sort to the cosmo
program saying that the libraries or somthing has a zip with the dll inside, but when i copy/paste the link into
my address bar it takes a big ole poop and fails to bring me to the site

inside that same thread another person offered that if somone that already has the dll will send it to him/her that
they would upload it to a site for ppl to download individually

no further post on that thread has been made and no new info (that i've seen) from ficedula has been posted

if anyone has this dll and can upload it to a site or mirror or ANYTHING that would help greatly because without it i cant
utilize LGP tools so that i can use some of these mods for my FF7 =/

again, if this problem has a solution (and not a wait) feel free to link me to the proper place so i (and im sure many others) can stop delivering dead links or old invalid posts from many years ago :D

and also feel free to remove/move/or post a sticky with a link to an upload of the ficedula.dll so that i dont annoy anyone with this post =]

i love this site and i REALLY dont wanna p.o anyone especially the pros :D

[Edit]

FREAKIN AWESOME

NVM found it :D

http://www.sylphds.net/f2k3/programs/ficelib/ficelib151a.zip

[Edit 2]

awe now i need the LGPPROP.DLL >_<

i got that

"Installation failed!
Possible reasons:
-Registry is corrupt
-LGPPROP.DLL was not found in the LGP Tools folder
-Could not write to System\ShellExt folder"

someone have a link to a thread/solution to this? D:
« Last Edit: 2010-06-01 16:53:23 by ludokreshx »

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Re: DLL. issue for LGP tools (delete if this is a repost)
« Reply #1 on: 2010-06-01 17:29:57 »
The solution is to use aali's lgp.exe and unlgp.exe. Not only do they remake the lgp's correctly, they do not need any external libraries.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8641.msg112513#msg112513

ludokreshx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-06-01 17:55:18 »

also i plan to get my hands dirty with some of this graphical modding stuff i wanna help the guys who are trying to ace the whole issue with ff8 so there can be some major breakthroughs :D

but im so noob i gotta start from the bottom up and have to learn the basics ^_^

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-06-01 17:58:50 »
Well you may be the first with ff8. I dont know of anyone that is redoing it right now.

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-06-01 18:00:43 »
Finally someone who's interested in modding ff8!! Wish you the best man. ;D

ludokreshx

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-06-01 18:09:04 »
grr somthings wrong with the applications is does this not work well with windows 7? =[

and yes i wanna beast ff8 O_O i wanna be running around with all kinda crazy lookin stuff :O

and from wat i've read not many ppl have the patience to even mess wit hit so i wanna be one of the first to start AND finish it and SS images of squall fighting Edea or Ultimecia in SeeD formal or meeting Rinoa in timber wearing her ball gown :D

or EVEN make custom reskins of the lion heart GB so u ppl can use the EX Mode of it in the original game O_o

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-06-01 18:12:46 »
It should work fine in windows 7. You need to open a command prompt to run it though. It does not have a gui.

ludokreshx

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-06-01 18:17:48 »
well being that im a determined noob i have no shame in asking "how do i go about doing this" =]

cuz i dont have the "start/run" option like XP-

[edit]

command prompt open, do i just type in the location of the apps?
« Last Edit: 2010-06-01 18:23:28 by ludokreshx »

livetruthfully

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011-02-11 23:32:33 »
I will bump this topic; I've been having serious troubles using the full version of LGP tools (lgpprop.dll cannot be found etc.) so I can't finish the full process of NPC reconstruction for FFVII. I use Vista if this affects the process differently at all.

Truthfully it's mindnumbing to not know what to do. I just downloaded the LGP/unLGP you suggested as well as the sources but when I click on it a window opens and closes within a second.

Is this the program or is there some kind of process to doing this, like adding this to another LGP tools folder? I'm quite new at this stuff as well and would really appreciate any help on this. So far this site has been the best lead to my problem.

Thanks in advance everyone, and if all else fails I'll post another topic since this one hasn't been touched for awhile.