Author Topic: Wallmarket problems  (Read 5555 times)

Y.Zabiru

• View Profile
Wallmarket problems
« on: 2010-05-23 21:54:46 »
I've tried to add HP/MP drain to weapons without the benefit of materia, by ticking off the Drain DMG, DRAIN HP/MP, DEFENSE INGNORE, STATUS DEF IGNORE boxes.

it works maybe one time and ceases to do it again. what would be the hex codes to get it to work..?

03 FF 60 FF 64 19 03 64 FF 0F FF F8 FF FF 01 02 00 05 FF FF 02 03 FF FF 46 46 FF FF 02 03 02 03 02 03 02 03 12 1B 05 0B CF FB F6 FF
Ultima Weapon. [already edited for Holy Elemental damage Strength/critical hit: 100, hit% 255, status attack: paralyze, triple materia growth, does damage equal to current HP, DrainDMG, Drain HP/MP, Def Ignore all ticked as active]

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Re: Wallmarket problems
« Reply #1 on: 2010-05-24 13:35:44 »
I've tried to add HP/MP drain to weapons without the benefit of materia, by ticking off the Drain DMG, DRAIN HP/MP, DEFENSE INGNORE, STATUS DEF IGNORE boxes.

it works maybe one time and ceases to do it again. what would be the hex codes to get it to work..?

03 FF 60 FF 64 19 03 64 FF 0F FF F8 FF FF 01 02 00 05 FF FF 02 03 FF FF 46 46 FF FF 02 03 02 03 02 03 02 03 12 1B 05 0B CF FB F6 FF
Ultima Weapon. [already edited for Holy Elemental damage Strength/critical hit: 100, hit% 255, status attack: paralyze, triple materia growth, does damage equal to current HP, DrainDMG, Drain HP/MP, Def Ignore all ticked as active]

Since weapons aren't inherently supposed to have these properties I have no idea how they react with them. Those properties do exist on weapons but their effect isn't always predictable.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: 2010-05-28 00:27:14 »
Not an issue, just a piece of info a few modders may find useful in future: the chance of inflicting a status with a weapon (using the weapon status) seems comparable to the chance with Added Effect-[X].

These statuses seem to combine with, rather than replace, statuses granted by Added Effect-[X], too, but status chances do not 'stack' (i.e. no 40/63 chance of causing death with Added Effect-Odin, {Status-Death}).

ludokreshx

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-06-03 14:37:07 »
What about the whole swapping attack sounds thing with weapons, i tried to swap the attack sounds of the Masamune with the ones for the Ultima weapon and the whole thing just went berzerk, am i missing a file or somthing? i mean it HAS to be possible the whole swapping cloud with sephiroth patch forced the masamune to attack with all of clouds sword sounds while using the masamune and then the availability of the option to change the sounds with masamune on the list means its gotta be possible. I must be doing somthing wrong =p

any ideas?

[Edit]

also when i use "creat kernel2.bin" it dosent make a kernel2.bin >_> it worked the first time and it appeared in my kernel older with the original kernel inside my data folder but now its just not doing it at all =/

[Edit2]

Nvm found the kernel2

still testing how to get the sounds thing to work tho

[Edit3]

O_o

wait, am i supposed to just have 2 different Kernel.bin files? O_o
a Kernel and Kernel 2 and the game will read from both Kernels?
or am i supposed to change the Kernel 2 toKernel and overwrite
the first Kernel (yes i backed up my original Kernel)
« Last Edit: 2010-06-03 14:49:26 by ludokreshx »

Aeris

• ~~Princess~~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-06-03 14:43:55 »
if your going to swap sound effects, id imagine you'd have to open up where the sound effects are stored, and edit it there. (i forget where exactly lol it's been awhile since i've dabbled at this.) WallMarket from what ive seen lets you Edit the appearance/textures by swapping model id's, as well as animations (i've made Shield look like FullCure, etc.)  but not their sound effects, unless you switch the animation. IE: Shield does not sound like Shield, when FullCure is the animation being used for it. the same applies to Ultima Weapon and the Masamune. if you give the Ultima Weapon the Masamunes Model/Texture ID, then it'll make the sound the Masamune does, while looking like a Masamune (30ish% Sure, ive edited the Masamune to be equippable by people other than Sephiroth and it had.... weird effects, they carried one of their original weapons like when Cloud had it on it was a Buster Sword, Aerith had a Guard Stick, and Barret had his Assault Gun Lol.) but yeah.. just experiment for the most part and see what you can come up with.

ludokreshx

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-06-03 14:55:49 »
well i cant really swap their images cuz im using Kula's First Tsurugi model as my Ultima weapon, thats why i wanted to just move the sound effects and not the whole weapon =/

but i see wat ur saying =p

dang, i was hope'n i could just swap the sound effects >_<

what kinda of program do i need to unpack the sound files in the data folder
so i can rummage through that and find the ... 6 out of a billion files i need

or is there already a GUI for that

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-06-03 15:53:50 »
The sound effects are stored in audio.dat. I had a program that I downloaded here before that can extract the sound effects but it cannot put it back there so its pretty useless.

ludokreshx

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-06-03 15:58:03 »
awe poop =p

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #8 on: 2010-06-03 17:01:39 »
if your going to swap sound effects, id imagine you'd have to open up where the sound effects are stored, and edit it there. (i forget where exactly lol it's been awhile since i've dabbled at this.) WallMarket from what ive seen lets you Edit the appearance/textures by swapping model id's, as well as animations (i've made Shield look like FullCure, etc.)  but not their sound effects, unless you switch the animation. IE: Shield does not sound like Shield, when FullCure is the animation being used for it. the same applies to Ultima Weapon and the Masamune. if you give the Ultima Weapon the Masamunes Model/Texture ID, then it'll make the sound the Masamune does, while looking like a Masamune (30ish% Sure, ive edited the Masamune to be equippable by people other than Sephiroth and it had.... weird effects, they carried one of their original weapons like when Cloud had it on it was a Buster Sword, Aerith had a Guard Stick, and Barret had his Assault Gun Lol.) but yeah.. just experiment for the most part and see what you can come up with.

That whole section is wrong. The weapons are only supposed to be equipped by one character (or two in Cloud's case, but that's a pointless case). Because of this the models are indexed based on the character's weapon models. They are stored as part of the characters' overall models and the game just switches them out when needed. Since Sephiroth only has one weapon then its index is 0. Give it to anyone else and the game will see that that weapon uses model 0 for that character. That always happens to be the first weapon for the characters.
The sounds can be changed by altering the sound indexes in the upper right corner of the weapon tab.
If you want Cloud to actually equip the masamune you'll have to replace one of his weapon models (rtck-rtcz I believe) with the Masamune model (one of sack-sacz, they're all the same).
The texture ID is only the visual overlay on the target. It should be absolute, but I didn't test it much.

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-06-03 17:05:22 »
I wanted to ask you this NFITC1. Do you know of a way to completely change sounds from audio.dat?? Your program can switch sounds but it cannot replace the sounds itself. I wonder if you know of a way to alter it??

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #10 on: 2010-06-03 17:49:05 »
I wanted to ask you this NFITC1. Do you know of a way to completely change sounds from audio.dat?? Your program can switch sounds but it cannot replace the sounds itself. I wonder if you know of a way to alter it??

I don't. I don't know the format of the audio.dat. I know it's in a fairly raw form with some sort of header info for each of the sounds. Other than that I don't know anything about it.

Aeris

• ~~Princess~~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010-06-03 20:51:29 »

That whole section is wrong. The weapons are only supposed to be equipped by one character (or two in Cloud's case, but that's a pointless case). Because of this the models are indexed based on the character's weapon models. They are stored as part of the characters' overall models and the game just switches them out when needed. Since Sephiroth only has one weapon then its index is 0. Give it to anyone else and the game will see that that weapon uses model 0 for that character. That always happens to be the first weapon for the characters.
The sounds can be changed by altering the sound indexes in the upper right corner of the weapon tab.
If you want Cloud to actually equip the masamune you'll have to replace one of his weapon models (rtck-rtcz I believe) with the Masamune model (one of sack-sacz, they're all the same).
The texture ID is only the visual overlay on the target. It should be absolute, but I didn't test it much.

then i apologize for being wrong. i said i was only 30% or so sure about that section, i was taking a leap there and guessing.

ludokreshx

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010-06-03 20:55:48 »

then i apologize for being wrong. i said i was only 30% or so sure about that section, i was taking a leap there and guessing.

haha jumping at a 30% chance success rate, i like ur style! ;)