Author Topic: Battle.lgp issue  (Read 9358 times)

ludokreshx

• View Profile
Battle.lgp issue
« on: 2010-06-01 19:27:27 »
again, if any mod/admin dont like the post proceed to direct me to the proper area and lock/delete this post

i got the Aali lgp/unlgp thing and i cant understand how to operate it

when i activate the application the cmd flashes open and close and then nothing

when i drag/drop the battle lgp into it it does the same thing with no results

so i tried returning to the LGP Tools

First time i opend the battle LGP with LGP tools it opened just fine

but now on the file it has a little golden colored lock and i cant open it =/

it says somthing Stream Read Error*

i tried re installing the whole game from scratch but theres still no love =[ </3

can anyone:

A: Teach me how to use the lgp/unlgp properly or
B: Tell me how to take this lock off my battle.lgp file

[Note]
I am running windows 7
I am the only one who uses this laptop so i am the admin
« Last Edit: 2010-06-01 19:31:23 by ludokreshx »

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: Battle.lgp issue
« Reply #1 on: 2010-06-01 20:16:33 »
for starters STOP using Lgp tools its broken instead used aali's lgp/unlpg, i have compiled and created an installer for it, very simple to use. download use the windows installer and then open a command like (win+r = run box , cmd = program for cli) then in the cli browse to the your ff7 install folder, make a new dir, copy battle.lgp there , then go in to the folder and run
Code: [Select]
unlgp battle.lgp it will extract the file to the same folder so be sure u make a folder and copy battle.lgp there first. then when your done. use lgp to make a new lgp
lgp <folder> <outputfile>

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-06-01 20:22:48 »
for starters STOP using Lgp tools its broken instead used aali's lgp/unlpg, i have compiled and created an installer for it, very simple to use. download use the windows installer and then open a command like (win+r = run box , cmd = program for cli) then in the cli browse to the your ff7 install folder, make a new dir, copy battle.lgp there , then go in to the folder and run
unlgp battle.lgp it will extract the file to the same folder so be sure u make a folder and copy battle.lgp there first. then when your done. use lgp to make a new lgp
lgp <folder> <outputfile>

I agree, this works a lot better AND faster. I'll be making a video on how to use this soon.

ludokreshx

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-06-01 21:53:53 »
thanks guys =]

[edit]

i have the cmd.exe open

and it reads C:\Users\[my username]>

now when u say browse to my ff7 install folder do u mean do this in a different window?

and where should i have these 2 lgp apps at, both in the same folder or in sep. folders?
« Last Edit: 2010-06-01 22:05:41 by ludokreshx »

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-06-01 22:27:12 »
Make a folder on your desktop called Aali and save the lgp.exe and unlgp.exe in it.
Go to C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\data\battle and copy the battle.lgp to the folder on your desktop.
Open a CMD window and type in "cd Desktop\Aali" and press enter. (without quotes)
Type in "unlgp battle.lgp" (without quotes)
Make a new folder called battle.
Copy ALL the files you just extracted (not the .lgp files or the lgp/unlgp, only the files that were extracted (it's usually around 11140 files and are usually four letter words)) into the battle folder.
Copy and paste whatever files into the battle folder and be sure to overwrite them.
Open the CMD window again and type in "cd Desktop\Aali" to get to the folder again. (without quotes)
Type in "lgp battle new_battle.lgp" (without quotes)
Wait until it is finished then backup your battle.lgp in your Final Fantasy VII\data folder. This can be done by renaming the battle.lgp file to backup_battle.lgp.
Once it's backed up, rename new_battle.lgp to battle.lgp and move it to Final Fantasy VII\data.

EDIT: These steps may change if you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7 due to the different folder names.
« Last Edit: 2010-06-01 23:05:47 by DarkFang »

ludokreshx

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-06-01 22:46:38 »
its crazy i kno the path to my desk top but it keeps saying its  "not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

so when i back out of it into the previous folder to check to make sure nothings wrong, i see a padlock symbol on my user folder, is that the issue stopping me from reaching my desktop from my cmd?

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-06-01 22:55:20 »
I'm not quite sure. What operating system do you have?

ludokreshx

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-06-01 22:59:20 »
windows 7 home premium x64

when i open the cmd it says C:\Users\[username]>   just like that with the little arrow thing, and next would be for me to type  (After the arrow) Desktop\Aali but then i get that stupid unrecognized as int ext command oper prog / batch file bull pies  :-\

[Note]

i made it up to the point where i extracted the files from the battle lgp, overwrote the ones i needed to use into the bazillion files, copied them all into a folder called battle, and then when i went to to the cmd thing to enter the Aali folder it told me that stuff
« Last Edit: 2010-06-01 23:01:12 by ludokreshx »

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-06-01 23:05:12 »
windows 7 home premium x64

when i open the cmd it says C:\Users\[username]>   just like that with the little arrow thing, and next would be for me to type  (After the arrow) Desktop\Aali but then i get that stupid unrecognized as int ext command oper prog / batch file bull pies  :-\

[Note]

i made it up to the point where i extracted the files from the battle lgp, overwrote the ones i needed to use into the bazillion files, copied them all into a folder called battle, and then when i went to to the cmd thing to enter the Aali folder it told me that stuff

Just type in "cd Desktop\Aali" and it should take you there.

EDIT: If you extracted the files already then you obviously have gotten to the Aali folder once before in the CMD window.

ludokreshx

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-06-01 23:09:56 »
right, but dont u NEED the cmd to create a new battle.lgp or is there another way incase this thing continues to be uncooperative

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010-06-01 23:10:33 »
right, but dont u NEED the cmd to create a new battle.lgp or is there another way incase this thing continues to be uncooperative

I'm pretty sure you need the CMD to create a new battle.lgp but I'm not sure. I just started using it today.

ludokreshx

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010-06-02 00:17:24 »
ok so i repeated those steps and everything, made the new LPG files, i made a new battle and a new char, i put them both into their respective folders inside the FF7 directory, but when i started up the game it didnt work, i kno for sure the lgps are different because on win7 the file size down to the KB is listed and my new LGPs are noticeably larger than the original ones, so its a fact that the files are infact different.

but when i ran the game, it didnt show what it was supposed to... i'll keep fiddling with placements, if it dosent work after so long im gonna just back up the new ones and re-install the game from the the beginning again and back up the default files, move them, and put in the new ones, i'll post again if none of those work

[update]

arg!!! i cant get this thing to work for crap!!!

=[

i kno i made the LGP's right =[ idk wats wrong its still the regular cloud =[

i was using the files from this threads download

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9272.0

=[[[ i want an ACC cloud >_<
« Last Edit: 2010-06-02 00:37:26 by ludokreshx »

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010-06-02 05:24:11 »

I'm pretty sure you need the CMD to create a new battle.lgp but I'm not sure. I just started using it today.
You can also make batch files or .bat files so that when you double click it it will automatically extract all the files in battle.lgp to a folder you specified in the bat files. Then make use of another batch file to create a new battle.lgp or any other lgp to the same folder and it can also make a backup automatically too. That's why its much easier to use Aali's new lgp and unlgp.exe as long as you've fixed the batch files. :)

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010-06-02 13:17:32 »
ok so i repeated those steps and everything, made the new LPG files, i made a new battle and a new char, i put them both into their respective folders inside the FF7 directory, but when i started up the game it didnt work, i kno for sure the lgps are different because on win7 the file size down to the KB is listed and my new LGPs are noticeably larger than the original ones, so its a fact that the files are infact different.

but when i ran the game, it didnt show what it was supposed to... i'll keep fiddling with placements, if it dosent work after so long im gonna just back up the new ones and re-install the game from the the beginning again and back up the default files, move them, and put in the new ones, i'll post again if none of those work

[update]

=[

Do you have TeamViewer?

ludokreshx

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010-06-03 15:08:37 »

[update]

=[

Do you have TeamViewer?

idk wat that is O_o

but for the most part i've given up on making that AC gear work
i got First Tsurugi to work just fine but the cloud model is a black bodiless
bunch of un-detailed laundry =p

so instead i just used APZ cloud model with the Kula Tsurugi swap for the Ultima Weapon...

so far so good, just need to find a similar model for Zack now and a zack field model =p i just wanna play this game (for the millionth time) just with somone other than cloud or sephiroth =p (ie. Zack, with a neat APZ-like look to him O_o)

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010-06-03 15:20:25 »
It's a program that gives someone complete control of your computer (temporarily) but you can still control your computer as well. If you had this I could probably help you apply the Advent Children mod.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010-06-03 15:58:19 »
Wow theres such a thing like that?? How will you control his computer?? The screen in his computer will be shown to your computer and there you can edit his files??

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010-06-03 16:01:04 »
Wow theres such a thing like that?? How will you control his computer?? The screen in his computer will be shown to your computer and there you can edit his files??

Yeah I'll have a window (the size of his monitor) on my screen and I'll be able to browse through his files, make changes, run programs, edit stuff, basically anything. But he can stop me from doing anything at any time.

If you wanna try it sometime I'll show ya.

ludokreshx

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010-06-03 16:06:12 »
i've seen that program b4, my roomate had something like it he used to work from home when his car wasnt running right.

he was some sort of I.T. guy for some company =p i never asked the details =p

but if i cant figure it out in the next couple days i'll be glad to grab the program and let u go for it cuz this things givin me a headache O_o

as far as the Zack thing goes Kimera's givin me the ole mscomct2.ocx headache aswell -.-

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010-06-03 16:10:03 »
You can find most of the files your missing in google. Ficedula.dll and mscomct2.ocx. Google is your friend. ;)