Author Topic: Memory Addresses (FF7 1.02)  (Read 6332 times)

Mashuga

Memory Addresses (FF7 1.02)
« on: 2012-03-14 01:19:12 »
Looking for any known memlocs for FFVII.

Due time a trainer was out that handled more than the basic HP/MP and Limit Break values.

I've already located the character structs and have begun mapping them out, was hoping to include many more features in this application.

One address I'm exceedingly interested in is the player's field model. (The one you control when walking around)  I think changing this on-demand would be rather entertaining. :)

Akari

• View Profile
Re: Memory Addresses (FF7 1.02)
« Reply #1 on: 2012-03-14 09:50:45 »
For PC or PSX?

Mashuga

« Reply #2 on: 2012-03-14 13:42:01 »
Title of the thread is FF7 1.02, lol.

PC. :)

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #3 on: 2012-03-14 13:50:04 »
I have lots of addresses mapped. Which ones are you looking for?

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-03-14 17:20:42 »
Good luck, I don't have the field model value but on the world map if Cloud isn't in the party it usually switches the model to Tifa or Cid so the field may work the same way but i am not sure.

I tried making a trainer a while ago for 1.02, if you need any of the values i have for it you are more then welcome, you can find my old trainer here
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9890.0
(virus scanners often detect it as a virus but it IS NOT, it was just because of the crappy way it was made, i no longer use that method for making trainers)
What are your plans for your trainer when finished ? (i mean what options do you intend to have)

Mashuga

« Reply #5 on: 2012-03-14 17:49:37 »
I have lots of addresses mapped. Which ones are you looking for?

All, I'll incorporate all I can that seems worth while.

Good luck, I don't have the field model value but on the world map if Cloud isn't in the party it usually switches the model to Tifa or Cid so the field may work the same way but i am not sure.

I tried making a trainer a while ago for 1.02, if you need any of the values i have for it you are more then welcome, you can find my old trainer here
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9890.0
(virus scanners often detect it as a virus but it IS NOT, it was just because of the crappy way it was made, i no longer use that method for making trainers)
What are your plans for your trainer when finished ? (i mean what options do you intend to have)

First order of business is locating structures, finding associated pointers, sig'ing the pointers (for version proofing) and making sure this works on any version of FF7 I'm able to obtain.

As far as features, I'm hoping to add in literally everything for which I'm able to acquire memory info.

By field model, I meant the model displayed when you're walking around on the world map. (As you said, it switches between Cloud, Tifa and Cid. There's also a short time where you're in control of Barret while Tifa's being executed.)

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #6 on: 2012-03-14 18:33:31 »

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #7 on: 2012-03-14 19:12:13 »
As far as features, I'm hoping to add in literally everything for which I'm able to acquire memory info.

By field model, I meant the model displayed when you're walking around on the world map. (As you said, it switches between Cloud, Tifa and Cid. There's also a short time where you're in control of Barret while Tifa's being executed.)

you can control any char as a field model.(there seams to be a value set for this in the save map,oddly  enuff.) but on the world map you can only use clould , tifa or cid.(basied on leader id used for world map coords)

Mashuga

« Reply #8 on: 2012-03-17 17:15:11 »
Significantly less data-containing posts than I was hoping for :\

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012-03-17 17:40:26 »
Kranmer and I documented many of the addresses to do with the menu items and so forth.  When I release M005, download it and select to dump the hex documentation.

I also documented all text in the exe.