Author Topic: I found Millenia!!  (Read 7856 times)

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
I found Millenia!!
« on: 2012-01-02 22:39:08 »
http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1754

Seems he moved on to bigger. higher textured, things haha

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Re: I found Millenia!!
« Reply #1 on: 2012-01-02 23:12:41 »
 :(

I guess that means we will not see him anymore.

Giullio

• Where is the love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-01-02 23:34:45 »
Dammit, if he's doing that he could do the FF text with his eyes closed... Still i bet i'ts much work... that's a shame :(

kicker

• Hojo...what a queer fellow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-01-03 12:29:35 »
You neven know. Has anyone actually asked him if he will be returning or not????Don't losee hoope!!

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-01-03 12:40:57 »
Millenia... We miss him here indeed...

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012-01-03 17:02:08 »
I see him around(not in person obviously) daily near enough on a couple of sites.

Kyo13

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012-01-15 10:49:12 »
:( Millenia on Skyrim ??? Skyrim players will be happy !

Argh too bad, seems like he's not a big fan of FF7 (or not enough lol).

And if you don't know it, seems like he had his own website : http://millenia3d.net/

I wanted to contact him, but I told myself it was better not disturb him. Sometimes I wish I could do like some sites: paying those people to work on projects ^^ (I'm from gamers hacking community, I was on a french website I will name LS, where developpers were payed in the way to port emulators, etc...)

You know, it's a kind normal, when you're paid for a work, your using more time on it ! :P

EDIT : Or we should get together, all those who want to contribute for Millennia's back  on FF7 modding. I mean each giving a little amount of cash, become a bigger amount of cash all together. If there is enough users, I think it's not impossible ^^

I know, must of people don't like to mix mod and money (or anything else, like Open Source), but trust me, like this it works... And I think talented people can expect gain their life from their talent.

Anyway, I'm just telling, take it like you want...
« Last Edit: 2012-01-15 11:00:42 by Kyo13 »

syntax error

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012-01-15 18:55:27 »
We should pay for high res FMVs.
« Last Edit: 2012-01-15 19:20:41 by syntax error »

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012-01-16 21:26:51 »
Are you talking about that disc that definitely doesn't have most of the FMV's, as well as probably having cut versions of the FMV's we would need?

It's not worth $1500 for that purpose, not by a long way. Maybe as a collector's item, but not what we want it for.

Millenia was awesome. He is missed. /transparentattempttostayontopic.

Kyo13

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012-01-20 07:46:07 »
We should pay for high res FMVs.

Hummmm fun nick "Syntax Error" remind me when I was a child  ;D

But there's already mods for FFVII PC with higher quality movies (higher than original PC version videos), I found pretty good (for example I'm using Final Fantasy VII FMV Restoration by DLPB).

I don't think this is actually a big problem, movies are not that bad, thanks to DLPB and all involved... but in the way to enhance FFVII (characters, weapons, grounds) there is a lot of work to do.

There are some very talented modders and 3D modellers, but I think Millenia is one of the best ! So I was just searching a way to give him back here ^^

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #10 on: 2012-01-20 13:14:39 »

I know, must of people don't like to mix mod and money (or anything else, like Open Source), but trust me, like this it works... And I think talented people can expect gain their life from their talent.

Money makes things complicated. You're putting someone under an obligation, but you're going to be paying them less than market rate. That's not a good equation.

FeliX Leonhart

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012-01-28 16:21:30 »

Money makes things complicated. You're putting someone under an obligation, but you're going to be paying them less than market rate. That's not a good equation.

There are two systems:
1) payment to make something -> future work
2) released work <- donations
The first one is really like an obligation. It's really better to find a job and get paid more.
The second one is a form of thank you which encourages the artist a lot.

Kyo13

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012-02-01 12:03:57 »
Right FeliX, but to be honest, how many people are making donations when the content is already here and avalaible ! I'm honest, I don't have much money, so if I can make some economies, I do them !

But when the content isn't here, even not made, I think people can be more willing to bring some money to have it !

Anyway, just forget what I said, seems like I'm the only one that see things like that !

So all we can do, is hoping (or praying) for Millenia's back ! I seriously hope that one day he will made his way back to FF7 modding, but I'm really not convinced !

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2012-02-01 12:18:45 »
I don't think donations have ever been set up in the first place. I know i'd toss $5 here and there for the people here (i'd love to give more, but i'm unable...:/)

FeliX Leonhart

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2012-02-02 14:08:02 »
It all depends on why the artist is doing a project and what he expects. So for some even 1$ is a great thank you (you can buy an icecream with it >_<). And some will not take money at all, cause for them art is for the soul.

Maybe Millenia reached it's goal here, not to mention that on skyrim it's far more easier to create a mod=\ Personaly I can't say that it's convenient to create a mod for FFVII due to limitations of the tools and the game engine itself. Most likely money will not return Millenia, but more advanced modding tools will have a chance.

imho, it would be great if there was an app which would automatically create UV maps for current FFVII models. Then the artist would not face the PITA of reconverting the models, and would only need to paint on the canvas (UV's). (Dreams, dreams...)

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2012-02-02 14:39:59 »
I don't think that could even be created, Because wed don't really use any models the FF7 has, we've been remodeling them.

Also, post a donate link, I'll buy you icecream :D

Masa-Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2012-02-08 19:39:49 »
Downloaded that mod around when he started it I think and I didn't even notice it was him until i saw this threat, wow....