Author Topic: MechWarrior: Living Legends 0.7.0 released, devteam disbanded  (Read 2787 times)

BloodShot

• View Profile
For any fans of the MechWarrior universe out there,

MECHWARRIOR LIVING LEGENDS, has released their final update, 0.7.0. As of today, no more development will continue due to legal threats by the current MechWarrior IP rights holders, the MechWarrior Online team, Piranha Games. The development team for MWLL, Wandering Samurai, has been disbanded.

MWLL won the 2009 ModDB Mod of the Year (and multiplayer mod of the year), 2010 and 2011 ModDB Honorable Mention, and were in the top 5 2007 and 2008 Most Anticipated Mod(s).

Full post and downloads:

http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/2013-01/mechwarrior-living-legends-final-release-0-7-0/

There is a bit of good news, in addition to the release of 0.7.0 - MechWarrior Living Legends should be compatible with the free Crysis Wars demo. Some servers will allow demo players, but some will not allow them to join. So this means you can download the Crysis Wars trial/demo, and play MWLL online for free on those servers

I'm pretty upset at this, as a person who liked MWLL and was looking forward to MWO after it had some time to improve, I could care less about MWO now.

And unfortunately, the dev team even got a license from Microsoft to make MW:LL, so Piranha basically capitalized on how MWLL got a lot more people interested in the Mechwarrior franchise, made a game, and then shut them down to prevent competition. I mean this stuff has happened before obviously, but it's worse when something with so much effort and attention to community feedback gets closed right there, for a game that is arguably almost the same game but with way less polish and features.

Oh well, at least they are allowed to release their finalized stuff, but all the features nearing completion, like the Mech Lab, will never see the light of day.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions

BloodShot

• View Profile
Hawken isn't really similar, it has mechs yes but it's more akin to Quake or UT with mechs, while MWLL has a huge emphasis on teamwork, more like Battlefield with mechs, but it also has more then just mechs too.