Miscellaneous Forums > General Discussion

Places where you can buy FF7 **legally**

<< < (4/12) > >>

Covarr:

--- Quote from: sithlord48 on 2010-03-15 19:56:08 --- i just noticed that i have the Platinum Edition. all the mods i have tried seam to work just fine.

--- End quote ---
The platinum edition is, AFAIK, identical to the regular edition as far as what's on the disc. Only the labels and packaging are different.

SeviStatic:
Obviously I'm a newbie here, so please be gentle to me and my non-existent post-count.

I bought the cardboard-triangle-abomination that contained FF7 for pc like 11 years ago.  My pc disks are now scratched beyond repair.  is there a technical difference in using a cd-r backup i have of my disks?  I did it way back before i even knew what an image file was.

in lieu of that, does anyone know of a trading-post or the like where i might find the game for cheaper than ebay/amazon?  I'm looking for like 30 bucks-ish.

I also found a version on a UK website, but I don't know how/if at all that will affect modding.

Any ideas?

sithlord48:
hi and welcome, do yourself a favor and read the rules of the forum (maybe twice). you should not have responded to this since its considered a Necropost and is grounds for a warning.. here is a link to the rules

titeguy3:

--- Quote from: SeviStatic on 2010-08-16 07:54:32 ---Obviously I'm a newbie here, so please be gentle to me and my non-existent post-count.

I bought the cardboard-triangle-abomination that contained FF7 for pc like 11 years ago.  My pc disks are now scratched beyond repair.  is there a technical difference in using a cd-r backup i have of my disks?  I did it way back before i even knew what an image file was.

in lieu of that, does anyone know of a trading-post or the like where i might find the game for cheaper than ebay/amazon?  I'm looking for like 30 bucks-ish.

I also found a version on a UK website, but I don't know how/if at all that will affect modding.

Any ideas?

--- End quote ---
If you've made backups of your discs, you should be able to use those to run the game just fine. I recommend making ISO's out of your backup discs by mounting them with a program like Daemon Tools since CD's tend to get old and not work so well. There's no technical difference between using the actual discs and using backups.

Also to answer your last question, so far, I haven't heard of any cases of having the UK version getting in the way of modding, although that's not to say that it wouldn't

sl1982:

--- Quote from: sithlord48 on 2010-08-16 16:52:29 ---hi and welcome, do yourself a favor and read the rules of the forum (maybe twice). you should not have responded to this since its considered a Necropost and is grounds for a warning.. here is a link to the rules

--- End quote ---

This is probably one of the few topics that I think should be exempt from necroposting rules. Handing out warnings for people looking to legitimately purchase the game seems counter productive to me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version