Author Topic: Found my old FFIX memory card...  (Read 6688 times)

Galadyn

• View Profile
Found my old FFIX memory card...
« on: 2003-10-11 15:03:45 »
...4 pages with every save from start to finish.  Loaded up the final boss fight again... and I am completely baffled as to how I EVER beat Kuja/Necron at these levels.  Zidane is 60, everyone else is 48 or less.  Yet when I first went through, I owned him the first time around.  Now, I've tried like 5 times and get stomped. ;)

Sephiroth2000

« Reply #1 on: 2003-10-12 06:16:04 »
Uh-huh. Why do you tell us this?

Ged

• View Profile
    • http://acn.waw.pl/vanyel
« Reply #2 on: 2003-10-12 07:49:34 »
Is Sephiroth v.2000 fully automated or what?

Well - AFAIR Kuja/Necro I also beat t the same levels but it was damn hard - usually reviving stuff, Full-Life's etc. etc.

But the damn Necro was a cheater, a f**** cheater :P

Btw. old memcard for PS or emu?

Jedimark

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2003-10-12 10:48:13 »
Heh I just started playing FF9 again although I'm getting bored of it already. I haven't completed it before but a save game I have from aaages ago is somewhere on the last disk.

Galadyn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2003-10-12 13:08:00 »
It was an old Madcatz PS1 card with 8 pages  :P I went through originally and saved 1 page per disc so I could go back to anything I wanted to.  And Seph, stop raining on parade's man.  I am just trying to get a conversation started about FF9 which doesn't get enough talk on this board IMHO, because it is one of my favorite FF games (sure, flame away).  Kuja is a total wuss at this level, yeah, but Necron IS a cheater dangit!  :wink:

Darkness

• View Profile
    • http://www.x0r.net
« Reply #5 on: 2003-10-12 15:24:15 »
I beat him at about those levels as well. You need to equip those little crystal things to make you immune to a bunch of his spells, iirc.

ye-roon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2003-10-12 21:07:19 »
well ff ix

shame i have never been able to complete it

i do not own a psx or ps2 but borrowed a psx from a friend and hired that game. I after ff7 9 is the best i played. but prolly cause i haven't played X, or ne of the old new releases and new releases. ff8 sucked btew, imho.

« Reply #7 on: 2003-10-13 01:32:11 »
Quote from: Sephiroth2000

...that would be what we would call a "troll" question. ...I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you really don't know just this once.

Because those are the kind of things we talk about in this forum. It *is* about Final Fantasy, you know.

-Obviousman

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
« Reply #8 on: 2003-10-13 03:11:04 »

God Damn man! How old are you? 10? 13? I am really curious? you post like you're 12.. You in your 46 posts havent said ONE useful thing.. and if you did i missed it and all apologies.. anyway, really how old are you?

Rubicant?

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2003-10-13 03:32:59 »
Dude Caddberry you are my hero!!  Thank you for speaking up!!!  *bows to the mighty caddberry*

ye-roon

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2003-10-13 07:13:49 »
nice said u 2 :)

vvalentine

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2003-10-13 08:02:22 »
Man, this Sephiroth2000 guy is really something, huh?  I wonder how much longer he'll keep acting like a 9 year old, or until a mod takes action :x .

Edit: Honestly, I'm kinda having enough of him.  So I'm also speaking my mind about it, I DON'T LIKE HIM :evil: .  I'm with Cadberry and Sir Robert.

Caddberry

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2003-10-13 16:36:16 »
Whoa whoa I am a very passive person.. I dont want to kill the guy or anything it just increasingly bothers me when i see blatant idiocy running amok.. Not only that but he clearly knows nothing about the forum rules and then says what he did about "why did u tell us this" to Galadyn.. Ever hear the phrase the pot calling the kettle black? My grandma says that a lot and this is what shes talking about.. Dont talk to people about rules when you clearly dont understand them yourself.. I really hate having issues with people.. It took me a while to start getting angry with joey.. Everytime i see a post by him i just shudder.. If he was the last person to post in a thread there is usually no point in reading it because he added nothing..

I am not saying I myself or any other member on this board is perfect.. Everyone makes one line posts sometimes.. But we have all been here for a long time! I think thats why its more accepted.. No one said anything about the :roll:  from Jedimark i think because it was a rarity.. and made sense the way he did it.. Not only that but i think active members can get away with bending the rules because they have been here for ages..

Sephiroth2000 i am not trying to insult you.. but you are not using common sense.. this is why i asked your age.. it was really a curiosity thing.. Common sense comes with age.. (sometimes) and you are not using it, or just dont have it.. All i ask is start using it.

I really hate to be hostile.. but this is just really damaging the intelligence level of the board.. (and i do enough of that with my own craziness)

Darkness

• View Profile
    • http://www.x0r.net
« Reply #13 on: 2003-10-13 17:21:01 »
a post was deleted, yes?

and the topic loses all coherence...

Sephiroth2000

« Reply #14 on: 2003-10-16 07:24:55 »

I'm sorry, i know i was acting like a dickhead when i posted this. Sorry man. :weep:

Caddberry

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2003-10-16 21:34:30 »

I'm sorry, i know i was acting like a dickhead when i posted this. Sorry man. :weep:

Dont worry .. its in the past.. you had a bit of a rough start here.. but i think your cool now..

"True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing. And in knowing that you know nothing, that makes you the smartest of all." --Socrates

Sephiroth2000

« Reply #16 on: 2003-10-17 03:14:37 »
Quote from: Caddberry

"True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing. And in knowing that you know nothing, that makes you the smartest of all." --Socrates

Socrates knew what i know, then. I am dumb, and can't help here, as i have never beaten him either, Galadyn. :z

« Reply #17 on: 2003-10-18 03:02:13 »

Galadyn

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2003-10-18 03:21:57 »
Thanks, that is a pretty darn good FAQ.  Weird, I remember beating the crap out of Hades (but I never found this Ozma boss, darnit)

Sephiroth2000

« Reply #19 on: 2003-10-19 18:30:05 »
If you want FAQs, check out http://www.neomidgar.com
Look for Final Fantasy IX, followed by Boss Strategies.
Go whip 'em, Galadyn