Author Topic: New Problem??  (Read 2083 times)

natedog4983

New Problem??
« on: 2005-06-02 18:37:01 »
Ok so i've read about all the other problems and finally got the game to run but after it does the opening sequence then right when you can take control of cloud, the screen goes black. I can hear the music and can still quit no problem, but can't see anything. I've read about all the patches and what not but none of them seem to describe/fix this problem. I'm running Xp with the Intel Extreme Graphics 2 and using the software renderer in the ff7config program(No Video Card). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MagiMaster

• View Profile
New Problem??
« Reply #1 on: 2005-06-03 19:37:38 »
This happened to me once.  Can you access the menu, but not the screen?  That's what happened to me, but I was in Cloud's memory (Kalm).  Mine just cleared up on its own, after I wiped the disk clean and tried again.

natedog4983

New Problem??
« Reply #2 on: 2005-06-04 05:00:59 »
Yeah i can access the menu and bring up "Exit to windows" box but i don't see the background or any of the characters.  I did notice in the config program that the 8-bit texture thing fails if that means anything.  But i've let it sit for a while and it never came up and i can't see where i'm going so i can't try to load the next scene or the first battle.

corpse

• View Profile
New Problem??
« Reply #3 on: 2005-06-04 06:54:48 »
Try the 1.02 update from here http://aaronserv.dyndns.org/hosting/ffsf/downloads/ff7_1.02.zip
just copy the ff7config.exe to ff7 install directory.

Select either tnt or riva 128, to enable direct3d.

An other option is to invest in a cheap nvidia geforce card, try ebay.